Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
I don't really get why he have not started some kind of studio when he get bored with the game. With ~50k$ monthly he could easily pay 3-5 experienced people and just play the boss there telling them what to do and checking quality. He would even still get 50%+ of the cash.... Right now we would be around version 1.0 and he would probably have much more patrons... In his spare time he could even create new patreon account and create new game that he feels passion about. I really don't get him :unsure:

D-Two

Apr 12, 2018
I don't really get why he have not started some kind of studio when he get bored with the game. With ~50k$ monthly he could easily pay 3-5 experienced people and just play the boss there telling them what to do and checking quality. He would even still get 50%+ of the cash.... Right now we would be around version 1.0 and he would probably have much more patrons... In his spare time he could even create new patreon account and create new game that he feels passion about. I really don't get him :unsure:
I know far from everybody is convinced that that is the case, but if he's suffering from burnout then it's a huge struggle just to get out of bed in the morning. Taking on the role of a project manager and basically leading a company - which require a lot of communication and being able to make decisions when your co-workers requre it, is out of the question. All these things you are saying are things he should have initiated as soon as the signs of being over-worked started to appear. That would have given him a chance to actually do what you suggest, and at the same time relieve him of some of the stress.

Reactions: Jarul

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
with the amount of money he's pulling in he could easily outsource the whole project while sipping cocktails at the beach and everyone would get what they want. guess there's no reason to hire people when the money comes in anyway.

• Sad
Reactions: Jarul

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
with the amount of money he's pulling in he could easily outsource the whole project while sipping cocktails at the beach and everyone would get what they want. guess there's no reason to hire people when the money comes in anyway.
He already is lol, he hired Baron to do the rendering and he already had a writer on staff that got hired for this project, all he has to do is wait for them and throw it together in ren'py then debug it, which would normally only take a couple of weeks even if there where a good number of bugs, then add on any time for pointless minigames and even with that said Icstor wouldn't have to break a sweat to get this out on time.

Realistically though he has people finishing this and has moved on to his next game, the reason he's not updating us on MC is because he's not that involved in the development anymore as far as i can see, he's likely given the writer and renderer sufficient notes and background to know what they have to do and has left them to it and to be honest that may be the better option, ICSTOR has dragged his feet for a damn long time now and lost the good will of the community, the sooner he pops a decent update for this game and/or finishes it the better for his PR.

Reactions: ElmerFudd

Ginger6409

Dec 6, 2018
old saves dont work. ho to play it, begin from start every time its impossible
A legitimate criticism, but counteracted by the developer himself providing saves that have all quests done (barring choices that deviate the story such as choosing between Mia or Linda) except for the new content. I agree, it is irritating, but I'd rather have that than incompetence.

dman1992

Donor
Aug 22, 2016
I use to really rate Icstor, and supported thePatreon, not anymore. I don't see how they can be trusted again:cautious:

Reactions: ant007
3.80 star(s) 415 Votes