Edelvays

Jan 3, 2018
Can't do that. If you wrap things up within 3-4 episodes, chances are the story will either be boring, unimaginative, or too rushed in order to close it by then. This will then not capture our interest and imagination and won't be a popular game, thus not garnering enough monetary support. A really good and captive story needs time to develop and draw in the audience. But for this developer, sadly, he doesn't have the endurance, determination and tenacity to see the whole story through. We will most likely not see Milfy City progress beyond v0.6e.
But the story is already " boring an unimaginative" :unsure:

GEO_the_great

Mar 31, 2019
I am just a little curious... Can't find harem tag but the main image shows all girls on MC . Is it too early to ask this will have a harem ending ?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I am just a little curious... Can't find harem tag but the main image shows all girls on MC . Is it too early to ask this will have a harem ending ?

at the end of the route with Caroline there is the option for the harem, but it has never been developed.

so in theory there would be, but for now there is nothing in the game

Reactions: GEO_the_great

cc31

Nov 21, 2018
I think v0.7 is complete given that this time he got help with the renders at least and so much time has passed...the scammer just ain't releasing it as doing so won't make any difference to his earnings...

Reactions: Arnie239 and vmaks

Lowerplan

Jun 25, 2017
wow I never realised that it's been almost 1 year since the last update. I didn't read the thread but did something happen or the dev just took a break?

Edelvays

Jan 3, 2018
Never really understood why this game is so popular.
It has nothing, besides, good renders and animations to it

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
Never really understood why this game is so popular.
It has nothing, besides, good renders and animations to it
Here's why I think it became popular, basically brand and timing.

When the 0.1 of Milfy City came out it came at a peculiar time and with a great start
1) From someone who already had a reputation of making these games
2) Switching over to Renpy while the majority was still using the hated RPG Maker
3) Incest I think it was not as overused in that moment, also Patreon I am fairly sure hadn't started on cracking it heavily just yet
4) Great looking renders and actual animations
Again consider the context, take the most liked F95 games and consider how young they all are, now consider how most games were: 1) Using RPGM 2) No animations 3) Very Sober looking renders
5) A first release with lots of content and characters and the gameplay being a far cry from the long walks in RPGM and the money grinding.

Unfortunately ICSTOR blew its chance, it still made and is making money, but if he actually took it as seriously as a job should be he would have made more, money makes money, look at Phillygames, who said that he pretty much blew what he made off Depraved awakening by licensing music for Broken Dreams which is giving him more than 10 times what he was making while developing DA.

What does he want? I don't know but I can't see this scenario in the long term being more rewarding than if he had actually worked on the game.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
in my opinion it remains a great game, which clearly does not focus on the plot and on the choices, and being a sand box it is inevitable that it is.

from an aesthetic point of view it is still among the best games, and the plot is more than enjoyable.

even as an abandoned game I would still recommend it

I don't think it's an overrated game, and this takes into account the behavior of its developer

Reactions: Connel

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
in my opinion it remains a great game, which clearly does not focus on the plot and on the choices, and being a sand box it is inevitable that it is.

from an aesthetic point of view it is still among the best games, and the plot is more than enjoyable.

even as an abandoned game I would still recommend it

I don't think it's an overrated game, and this takes into account the behavior of its developer
You are highly optimistic.
from an aesthetic point of view the game has nothing new... the render quality is pretty much Standard about now, there are few titles that beat this level, but those are currently considered the greatest titles aswell... animations are non existent as we only see several pics being interchanged at a higher pace... this level is actually far below standard now adays.
The last Caroline Update was incredibly disapointing both in content quality and story...
at this point I would note MC if someone asked for similiar titles but warn them about the Quality drop as the game proceeds... let alone that it is unfinished and likely never will be, yet I would never recoment it to anyone

Reactions: xXwankerXx

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You are highly optimistic.
from an aesthetic point of view the game has nothing new... the render quality is pretty much Standard about now, there are few titles that beat this level, but those are currently considered the greatest titles aswell... animations are non existent as we only see several pics being interchanged at a higher pace... this level is actually far below standard now adays.
The last Caroline Update was incredibly disapointing both in content quality and story...
at this point I would note MC if someone asked for similiar titles but warn them about the Quality drop as the game proceeds... let alone that it is unfinished and likely never will be, yet I would never recoment it to anyone

in what sense optimistic?

at most we have different tastes.

we are talking about a game that has stopped for a year, that there is something technically better seems normal to me, but are there so many titles? I do not think so

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
in what sense optimistic?

at most we have different tastes.

we are talking about a game that has stopped for a year, that there is something technically better seems normal to me, but are there so many titles? I do not think so
I agree on the taste, yet have to point out that the game had already been paused for more than a year before the last Update was "completed"

Just take a look in the "latest Update" section of the Game Forum and Filter on RenPy and VN... the number of potential games with atleast equal if not better quality will last you a live time... and most are IC themed aswell since it apparently had been the most desired genre for a while now.
If you have a bit of time also include Unity.

Aproximitally 5 years ago when MC started there wasn't much competition and even less with equal quality... but those times had passed a while ago... while ICStor keeps producing the same old stuff... never improving either in quality, nor in quantity (actually deteriorating in both)

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 416 Votes