Marphey

May 13, 2019
I would think it's more than that by now to be honest. It really is.

Imagine this game 100% FULLY done?

Now I'm talking all the main girls, all the side girls, and all of the "placeholder" girls that maybe had one scene in the classroom or the chick at the pool? Full routes (game and "post-route" like Caroline's pregnancy for example) for all of them? Everything full completed? Could've been easily one of the best VNs ever and a true Top 5 game here that could've brought more attention (and revenue perhaps) to this site than it is now.

It really is a fucking shame.
Agree. This dev is either completly scammer or he has a problem of not finishing his projects properly. It pisses me off that he still make money like this if i half ass projects in my job like this i would get fired for sure.

MausMaus

Aug 2, 2018
But he doesn't communicate with his community
He does on Patreon every few months, there is a specific set time when f95 deems the dev has abandoned his project. I believe it is 2 or 3 months. They also might have contacted him themselves and asked if so, it will not be marked abandoned. The rate at which updates get released has nothing to do with the abandoned tag.

Last edited:

sadist15

Dec 11, 2020
That is not how it works, if he is still in communication with his community, and is not saying the game is abandoned, it won't get the abandoned tag.
but is he in communication with community? He knows the rules and is abusing them by posting 2-3 renders every 3 months. His game was done 90% last year as per his discord, how many years will it take for the remaining 10%.

REGUser

Jul 5, 2018
5 days ETA left, he said end of the month with a disclaimer (saying not a concrete deadline).

I would bet my house that this guy won't deliver at the end of May and he will continue to exhaust this into the Summer and maybe even into Christmas/New Year.

We're hoping for a lot for only 2 slides and 1 animation (1.5 sec loop) wrapping up the game.

Reactions: beef-devourer

MausMaus

Aug 2, 2018
but is he in communication with community? He knows the rules and is abusing them by posting 2-3 renders every 3 months. His game was done 90% last year as per his discord, how many years will it take for the remaining 10%.
1. That does not matter, as far as F95 is concerned he has not abandoned the game. He just does not meet the requirements that F95 has set for games to be marked as abandoned.
2. F95 is a pirate site, he does not have to meet F95 requirements at all. F95 has no affiliation with Patreon. Some devs will allow their game to be posted on here, sometimes releasing on Patreon a week early or maybe with some added incentives. I am not sure if ICSTOR has done that TBH. But as far as ICSTOR's moral obligation to F95 and its users, he has none we are pirating his game.
If you ask me, yes he is scamming his Patreons out of money, and I do not believe the update will be released this month(I hope I am wrong), as he stated. But as far as F95 goes, it does not matter. They have requirements for when a game gets marked as abandoned, and this game does not meet the requirements.

Edit: I have no idea what Patreon rules are for cancelling a project or marking it as a scam.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
1. That does not matter, as far as F95 is concerned he has not abandoned the game. He just does not meet the requirements that F95 has set for games to be marked as abandoned.
2. F95 is a pirate site, he does not have to meet F95 requirements at all. F95 has no affiliation with Patreon. Some devs will allow their game to be posted on here, sometimes releasing on Patreon a week early or maybe with some added incentives. I am not sure if ICSTOR has done that TBH. But as far as ICSTOR's moral obligation to F95 and its users, he has none we are pirating his game.
If you ask me, yes he is scamming his Patreons out of money, and I do not believe the update will be released this month(I hope I am wrong), as he stated. But as far as F95 goes, it does not matter. They have requirements for when a game gets marked as abandoned, and this game does not meet the requirements.

Edit: I have no idea what Patreon rules are for cancelling a project or marking it as a scam.
I mean, at the end of the day the rules are whatever the F95 admins say they are. As you said, this is a pirate site, so when it comes to how things are tagged, well...

GumdropGames pulled the same stunt with Dual Family (he'd sometimes provide multiple status updates a week!) and eventually the mods tagged his game as "Abandoned" after missing multiple deadlines and failing to update after over 2 years, so we definitely have precedent. Normally I wouldn't imagine that using such a tag would be any sort of incentive for ICSTOR to update, but seeing as how he's definitely keeping an eye on us by providing status updates only days before he'd be tagged he does view us as useful advertising at the very least.

And if nothing else, it'd stop people coming in here wondering why it hasn't been tagged yet :rolleyes:

MausMaus

Aug 2, 2018
I mean, at the end of the day the rules are whatever the F95 admins say they are. As you said, this is a pirate site, so when it comes to how things are tagged, well...

GumdropGames pulled the same stunt with Dual Family (he'd sometimes provide multiple status updates a week!) and eventually the mods tagged his game as "Abandoned" after missing multiple deadlines and failing to update after over 2 years, so we definitely have precedent. Normally I wouldn't imagine that using such a tag would be any sort of incentive for ICSTOR to update, but seeing as how he's definitely keeping an eye on us by providing status updates only days before he'd be tagged he does view us as useful advertising at the very least.

And if nothing else, it'd stop people coming in here wondering why it hasn't been tagged yet :rolleyes:
I don't know anything about dual family. What I do know is, that if there is no communication from the dev for 3 months, the game gets marked as abandoned. I just looked at Dual Family and it is not marked as abandoned, the only other reason they would mark a game with it is if the dev specifically asked them too.
Yes, of course, the F95 staff can change their own rules, but that is just reaching for something that, at this moment does not exist.
At the moment what does exist is the current guidelines, and with the current guidelines, the game is not abandoned.

As far as him dropping in here to give us updates, once again he does not have to do that. The communication guidelines do not have to be communicating with F95, it can be on any platform. It's not like "oh he has not replied to the F95 thread in 3 months, instant tag." ICSTOR might have never been on here in his life, the game would still not meet the requirements.

Also, your initial point is just untrue, just because the site is a pirate site does not mean the admins do not take it seriously. At least from what I have seen on here, they follow their own guidelines.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
I don't know anything about dual family. What I do know is, that if there is no communication from the dev for 3 months, the game gets marked as abandoned. I just looked at Dual Family and it is not marked as abandoned, the only other reason they would mark a game with it is if the dev specifically asked them too.
Yes, of course, the F95 staff can change their own rules, but that is just reaching for something that, at this moment does not exist.
At the moment what does exist is the current guidelines, and with the current guidelines, the game is not abandoned.

As far as him dropping in here to give us updates, once again he does not have to do that. The communication guidelines do not have to be communicating with F95, it can be on any platform. It's not like "oh he has not replied to the F95 thread in 3 months, instant tag." ICSTOR might have never been on here in his life, the game would still not meet the requirements.

Also, your initial point is just untrue, just because the site is a pirate site does not mean the admins do not take it seriously. At least from what I have seen on here, they follow their own guidelines.
My point was that the rules are in place as a show of good faith to devs that have long update cycles or are taking longer than expected on a game update but keeping their benefactors in the loop. I brought up Dual Family because the case mirrors this one; the dev would give repeated status updates full of how much work he was doing and projected deadlines but would never actually update. The mods tagged him as "Abandoned" after a couple years of this garbage. The only reason it isn't tagged as "Abandoned" now is because he rebooted the game (a mess which is far too stupid to get into here) and the mods merged the two threads together.

The last two or three Patreon updates ICSTOR has given are suspiciously spaced almost exactly three months apart. Adult games don't get a lot of traffic from normal places on the internet, so their devs have a certain amount of reliance on sites like F95 for promotional purposes. To put it bluntly, he knows we're here (he used to post years ago) and he's clearly abusing the good faith rules. With all of his missed deadlines, all the work he's farmed out to freelancers, his complete failure to do something as simple as a monthly update despite hiring a "community manager", and his blatant admission that he'd rather be working on a new game, why should we give him the benefit of the doubt that he hasn't abandoned this game? If the answer is "because the rules say so" then they're not very good rules.

mhoyko

Jan 23, 2020
Hi friends!! I come from the future!! Does the covid-19 pandemic sound familiar to you? Nobody remembers here anymore. I can't tell you the year but we are in World War III, there are zoombies. Women don't want to have children anymore and have created their own religious cult with a Goddess and all that... Oh, by the way, remember that ICSTOR had mentioned something about an update in the date of May 2021, well...

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
Hi friends!! I come from the future!! Does the covid-19 pandemic sound familiar to you? Nobody remembers here anymore. I can't tell you the year but we are in World War III, there are zoombies. Women don't want to have children anymore and have created their own religious cult with a Goddess and all that... Oh, by the way, remember that ICSTOR had mentioned something about an update in the date of May 2021, well...
Do we have flying car yet?

Reactions: mhoyko
3.80 star(s) 413 Votes