JoeBanks

Innocent Witches/Not Another Adventurer!
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
Why people mine for money? Are you seriously asking that?
I am saying the amount of time it takes to setup and the constant power requirements and strain on a workstation don't make it worth the effort as much as shoving the GPU's into a dedicated mining rig when you are collecting free cash already.

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
I am saying the amount of time it takes to setup and the constant power requirements and strain on a workstation don't make it worth the effort as much as shoving the GPU's into a dedicated mining rig when you are collecting free cash already.
What a nice place where you must live where things like greed and narcissism doesn't exist and where there
are no tutorials on YT on how to build a mining rig. What a nice place where people don't like to make money by just
letting their PC run. Oh, and the site i linked? You can type in your electricity cost per kw/H and it shows how much
you still earn.
There's only 1 reason for a normal citizen to have SEVEN rtx 3090, and that is mining. No render with DAZ or Blender
for a XXX game needs 7x24 Gigs of RAM or 7x10496 Cuda cores.
And if you don't get it: Here's the most basic explanation why people do the shit they do ... Because they can!

REGUser

Jul 5, 2018
This is true, people don't seem to take in the cost of running a mining rig. The parts are just one piece of the puzzle, you also need to think about the cost of electricity which can actually cost you more than the yield of the return you get back thus always putting you at a loss, you are essentially losing money by running an independent mining machine.

It's also not beneficial to mine Bitcoin anymore for several reason: 1) being the power draw is too high for domestic/commercial users. 2) liquidity pools have an advantage over single miner's. 3) big corporations have multiple mining rigs setup in their own liquidity pools and they don't care about the electricity bill. 4) Bitcoin is near it's market cap, meaning there's only 'x' amount of coins left to give out and that's it, no more can be mined.

Trouble is these calculations are taking so long now the closer we are to the end that its drawing too much power even with linked computers that it's actually now having a negative effect on the environment

You are at a HUGE disadvantage mining right now for a WHOLE coin, it's virtually impossible...shit coins/alt-coins sure, but not BTC or ETH they are pretty much conquered by big companies or small pools from crypto enthusiast communities.

EDIT: No one specifically mentioned Bitcoin but I doubt he's farming that, he maybe farming alt coins for sure. No one person needs that kind of power in his system, especially not for the game he is making...he's also not a 3D artist rendering 3D models in a PIXAR movie...the only other use case for that type of power is crypto.

Last edited:

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
If anything, when people get bored, the move on to a new project. Which is quite possible. He had started it, I can't see him not working on it.
You missed when he said he got burnt out on milfy city and was going to make milfy kingdom instead. that idea vanished quickly

Reactions: Mr Secret

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Lmao what to expect in the update. "I can't say because a lot of changes will be made". In other words I can't say bc I haven't done anything at all. If you are a patron of this guy you truly are one of a kind idiot. 100% he hasn't done shit in close to 2 years.
Well, he still has that outsourced work by that creator he hired lying around somewhere for one side character's path. He may get up to 5 updates out of this one. :D

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches/Not Another Adventurer!
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
You missed when he said he got burnt out on milfy city and was going to make milfy kingdom instead. that idea vanished quickly
I didn't, I was saying, he probably did start working on that while shoring out the work that he was bored with to others. I don't find it likely that he stopped doing stuff altogether, he obviously enjoys making 3d art (at whatever pace).

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
Edited: Sorry for posting late

Will I still be quiet and post rarely?
Nope. My attitude changed dramatically. Since I can’t work at my own pace and when I’m quiet people think that I’m not working, not creating anything. Maybe it’s stupid but that made me feel very upset. I’ll now be very active here and on Discord which I encourage you to join :)
Wow, he's angry because he has to work, how disrespectful of us to expect him to earn the money he's given

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Why would he sit on 8,000 renders for such a long time? That just doesn't add up for me.

If he does make a release and does have 8,000+ Renders in that release, then yea the dude would very much redeem himself. Because that is a gargantuan update. It would show that he worked on it for a very long time. That is a lot of renders.

That is enough for numerous meaningful updates worth of renders there, and I'm talking with some serious content. That is like enough for 2 maybe even close to 3 "Being a Dik" sized updates. Which is a ton of content.

Why not a bunch of previews for the patrons about this massive mega update?

Why hasn't it been broken up into parts? A couple thousand renders in surely something saying "Maybe I should release something..."

Come July 14th if it has got all those renders people are going to chant "FUCK YA DUDE!" Everyone will be happy and partying and everything... Party time!

There are going to be A LOT of disappointed people if when he said that he was not counting "New Renders", but instead counting "New Renders + Old Renders" Which would make the update significantly smaller... This game almost has 8,000 renders already.

If he releases something with like 200 or even only 1,000 renders people are gonna absolutely lose their shit. This will not appease the angry masses.

Either way in a few weeks we are going to have some fucking epic Drama or A great release. Time will tell...

For optimal Drama & Enjoyment of release, I want him to shoot for somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,500 to 2,500 renders on July 14th, and I will explain why.

If he hits it in just that sweet spot there will people that say. "Hey he was working on it this was a great release! You see! You see guys you see! Proved you wrong!" Then others will chime in like "Fuck that he was talking 8,000 renders this is nowhere near that number! and he hasn't done shit for 2 years fucking milker!" The battle goes on unresolved both sides have a good argument, and both sides dig in. That scenario I would have the most fun because I love adult games but forum drama also amuses me in its own special way. Chaos can be fun.

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
Why would he sit on 8,000 renders for such a long time? That just doesn't add up for me.

If he does make a release and does have 8,000+ Renders in that release, then yea the dude would very much redeem himself. Because that is a gargantuan update. It would show that he worked on it for a very long time. That is a lot of renders.

That is enough for numerous meaningful updates worth of renders there, and I'm talking with some serious content. That is like enough for 2 maybe even close to 3 "Being a Dik" sized updates. Which is a ton of content.

Why hasn't it been broken up into parts? A couple thousand renders in surely something saying "Maybe I should release something..."

Come July 14th if it has got all those renders people are going to go through the rough like "FUCK YA DUDE!" Everyone will be happy and partying and everything... Party time!

There are going to be A LOT of disappointed people if when he said that he was not counting "New Renders", but instead counting "New Renders + Old Renders" Which would make the update significantly smaller... This game almost has 8,000 renders already.

If he releases something with like 200 or even only 1,000 renders people are gonna absolutely lose their shit. This will not appease the angry masses.

Either way in a few weeks we are going to have some fucking epic Drama or A great release. Time will tell...

For optimal Drama & Enjoyment of release, I want him to shoot for somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,500 to 2,500 renders on July 14th, and I will explain why.

If he hits it in just that sweet spot there will people that say. "Hey he was working on it this was a great release! You see! You see guys you see! Proved you wrong!" Then others will chime in like "Fuck that he was talking 8,000 renders this is nowhere near that number! and he hasn't done shit for 2 years fucking milker!" The battle goes on unresolved both sides have a good argument, and both sides dig in. That scenario I would have the most fun because I love adult games but forum drama also amuses me in its own special way. Chaos can be fun.
You didn't need to write such a huge post. It's been 2 years and 6 months since the last update. If he took a 1 year break and worked every now and then in another year he would have an update.

However, you can see by his last post that he says "I will start updating because I can't work on my own pace", you can clearly see he was very comfortable getting paid for free.

Pay attention very carefully to this:

He intends to release a 200 image update only to lift the abandoned tag, because the abandoned tag does actually ruin his scheme. Afterwards, he will go into his M.I.A again

Guss

May 26, 2018
First, I want to thank the powers that be here at the Zone for the long deserved tag. I will agree with some of the posts here that he will milk this out, only dropping minimal "updates" to draw this out for as long as he can. Keeping his cash cow going for as long as possible. 8000 renders?...unlikely, he's milking this so he has money to work on that other "project". He wants to stop all the unkind and harsh words?...try dropping the entire update, ohhh, ... but. that'll mean that he'll loose out on all that money! He is worse that GumDrop will ever be. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the game, however, I despise the Dev even more.

Krugger

Aug 13, 2019
I hope people don't support his next game project, even if he ever releases the last full Milfy City update. ICSTOR is a bad influence for those who are starting to develop their game, because there are many who need support to be able to continue because they like to work on it as much for hobby as for love, but there are others who see ICSTOR receiving a lot of money for months and without even giving a news ends up catching his pig spirit to do the same thing as him, create a game, see if people liked it, the number of patreon grew and spend 5 or more months working on an update of 30 or 1 hour of gameplay, sometimes even less. I'm not saying it's everybody, but it's something to open your eyes.

REGUser

Jul 5, 2018

Come July 14th if it has got all those renders people are going to chant "FUCK YA DUDE!" Everyone will be happy and partying and everything... Party time!

I've posted my theory here

He's changed tactics.

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
unbelievable how icstor still thinks he is right. he talks like people are complaining about nothing... and yes, now is absolutely clear that he hasnt done a damn thing in the last 2 years but scratch the balls. hope at least this serves as a warning to other devs trying to follow the same path.
If anything it's the opposite. He got away with making tens of thousands every month for 2+ years with 0 hours of labor. He's manipulated both Patreon and F95 rules to his benefit and his only punishment was a warning from Patreon and this fugazi abandoned tag you know mods will remove expeditiously when he drops that first pittance of content (allegedly).

Mods are absolutely in his pocket, they will play ball when the time comes. They had no problem doing so before when it was clear to everyone IC$TOR was abusing a loophole in their policy.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Patreon is all sorts of fucked up if you look at the number of supporters they got. Going to run a few devs past you all with their support counts combine them and compare it to Icstor.

1) Eva Kiss, creator of "GGGB" and "ORS". Two every popular games. 2,364 patrons.
2) CheekyGimp, Creator of "Where the Heart Is" Very popular game loved by many. 1,927 patrons.
3) Decent Monkey, Creator of "Fashion Business". A game with a huge fanbase, 1,883 patrons.

(All three are "Success Stories". They are all top 100 devs. Lucky ones in the sea of thousands of devs that don't make shit. I'm just doing 3 big ones as examples, but I could do dozens of little ones as an alternative example.)

Using their combined efforts these 3 have amassed 6,174 supporters currently. That is a lot of support. Good for them. Then think of all of the releases combined by those 3 in the past 2 years. Think of each and every update from those 3 combined. Really think about it... Think of how consistent and enjoyable those updates have been for so many people...

Then take a look at Icstor, and what he has done (or rather not done) in the past 2 years.
Icstor = 6,741 patrons. (Probably gonna be 7k+ again soon)

icstor.png

Look at this graph. Does it appear to any of you like it has dipped at all after an extended time without any release whatsoever? If I told you this was some other dev that releases regularly you would believe it. Does this look like a dev that has gone on a 2-year vacation? Those look like normal healthy numbers to me, a slight slowdown recently but still way up there with huge numbers. This is the kind of graph I'd expect from a dev with tons of regular and popular releases but then have one bad update that rubs a few people the wrong way.

I give gumdrop a lot of shit, but he is only 400 something supporters now after his piano simulator, and Icstor has over 15 times that many currently.

The truth is going to come out one way or another on July 14th.

I highly doubt he releases something that will satisfy everyone if he even releases anything at all. I hope he proves me wrong and redeems himself, not for his sake, but his supporter's sake. A lot of supporters will be extremely disappointed if he lets them down.

3.70 star(s) 410 Votes