lo0u

Jun 26, 2018
" Incestor was once a sort of a role model dev to some extent"

Problem is ICSTOR is still a role model for other devs just not in a good way. Haven't you noticed how many other Devs are now stalling, making excuses, "REMAKING" the game from the beginning.
Yeah, we certainly are seeing this more often. Like with The Manor, which took like 8 months for Dr Bones to add horse noises and a few scene remakes. Or Alishia who pulled an ICSTOR and released a shitty update after Red Room finally got the abandoned tag.

I feel like it's very easy for devs to abuse the abandoned tag if all they have to do is vomit a week's worth of content and keep making money off people who don't know better and believe their promises.

Facilus

Futa/Femboy/T-Girl/Cunny Lover
Donor
Nov 2, 2020
Yeah, we certainly are seeing this more often. Like with The Manor, which took like 8 months for Dr Bones to add horse noises and a few scene remakes. Or Alishia who pulled an ICSTOR and released a shitty update after Red Room finally got the abandoned tag.

I feel like it's very easy for devs to abuse the abandoned tag if all they have to do is vomit a week's worth of content and keep making money off people who don't know better and believe their promises.
Unfortunately this plague is spreading across the adult gaming community pretty fast, at least, this make we give even more credit for those who are good devs like NLT, Sachinama-san, BoobsGames, Siren's Domain, etc.

• Sad
Reactions: lo0u

trynd

Sep 17, 2017
It would have stayed on top if ICSTOR would have taken it on. He stopped it too soon.

1st Bob. Depending on if you pulled the cover up or left it on the floor. If left on the floor there was a good chance of Bob becoming a Cuckold. If you found his secret room you probably realize that is probably his dream come true.

2nd Judy. There is no telling what all Judy could have brought to the game.

3rd neighbors. MC trying to have sex with that Man Hating Lesbian Neighbor would have been very interesting and challenging.

4th Celia. Wonder how she would have behaving the following day after MC had used that Elector toy on her.
Well too bad people over supported ICSTOR and worshipped him like a god. If you give a dev too much money and financial security its obvious they will become lazy/quit altogether i mean if you have infinite money to do w/e you want why would you sit at home working on a game that already made you 800k+ there's legit no point. I don't see why people support devs who already have 1000s of patreons when all it will do is make the game worse, they could give to a dev who barely has any patreons instead and is making a promising game. I'm sure if less people supported ICSTOR this game would still be getting updates on a nice 3-5 month schedule.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Well too bad people over supported ICSTOR and worshipped him like a god. If you give a dev too much money and financial security its obvious they will become lazy/quit altogether i mean if you have infinite money to do w/e you want why would you sit at home working on a game that already made you 800k+ there's legit no point. I don't see why people support devs who already have 1000s of patreons when all it will do is make the game worse, they could give to a dev who barely has any patreons instead and is making a promising game. I'm sure if less people supported ICSTOR this game would still be getting updates on a nice 3-5 month schedule.
Because there is bad people in the world doens't mean we all are bad people, same goes for devs , scammers, milkers etc
I can tell you many devs that are over 1000 patreon milestone and they are working hard on next updates, the problem is those that are just in this for money like Icstor, is clear that he is not in this because he loves to make games but for the money and since he is still has too many support for doing nothing that won't force him to "work", at this point anyone will know this.

Reactions: penispalladium

GhostFaceGuy

Sep 16, 2019
Because there is bad people in the world doens't mean we all are bad people, same goes for devs , scammers, milkers etc
I can tell you many devs that are over 1000 patreon milestone and they are working hard on next updates, the problem is those that are just in this for money like Icstor, is clear that he is not in this because he loves to make games but for the money and since he is still has too many support for doing nothing that won't force him to "work", at this point anyone will know this.
In my opinion, the key point is a lack of competiency between devs and therefore there are no aftermaths for majors like ICSTORE. If he lose 1 kilo patrons another one shall come immidiatly. People are ready to pay for nothing. 12 USD per year is not sufficient fund in USA. I do not respect ICSTORE, but I have to admit the trancend of MC over the rest existing games. If he had performed the release duly he should have obtained over 20 kilos of patrons like dark cookie has currently.

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
Although this update seems like a dream, the idea of the game ending doesn't make me very happy. Even though I hate delayed updates, I am okay with this somehow, but I never want the game to end. The idea of seeing Linda for the last time is pretty scary
I don't want this game to end either. But I would like to get a few questions that were left hanging answered.

Bob's secret room. Why have it in the game if it wasn't going to become an issue in the game.

Why does Linda have such a love interest in MC.

What was the result of Bob catching MC and Linda having sex ( if you didn't pull the blanket up)

Those 3 are too much of cliffhangers to be just left UN-answered.

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
In my opinion, the key point is a lack of competiency between devs and therefore there are no aftermaths for majors like ICSTORE. If he lose 1 kilo patrons another one shall come immidiatly. People are ready to pay for nothing. 12 USD per year is not sufficient fund in USA. I do not respect ICSTORE, but I have to admit the trancend of MC over the rest existing games. If he had performed the release duly he should have obtained over 20 kilos of patrons like dark cookie has currently.
It is Patreon that needs to fix this. Patreon seems to more about the Dev then their true customers. Patreon also hasn't realized that blanket rules won't work, cause there is a big difference in a game dev and a rock band. Right now all the dev hasn't to do is post once a month and count his money. Doesn't even need to touch his game for a year or longer.

So rules need to be tightened. If the dev cares about his supporters and his game the new rules shouldn't effect him at all. Devs still have to post to keep supporters up on updates and such. But if the game isn't updated in say 2 Months ( this is just what I would prefer. But could be longer up to 4 months but I won't go beyond that) funds are frozen until it is updated. And no the dev does not get paid for the months where there was no update.

trynd

Sep 17, 2017
Its not about being a bad or good person a scammer milker etc this applies to any dev who gets too big for their own good - some games aren't made by a single dev and are ran as a business and don't succumb to this problem. You have been around long enough to also see nearly every game going from a 3 month per release schedule to 6-12 months. Even the 'best' devs get way lazier way more complacent etc because they don't HAVE to stick to a schedule they can do w/e they want since they know they have so many patreons to fall back on losing a little won't make any difference to them anymore. Obviously for most of us this is a bad thing since we just wants updates as fast as possible but I guess if you don't care about when updates come and are just happy the dev doesn't have to stress over releasing updates quickly like they used to then that's great too. Also some devs like to be extra friendly and nice to their supporters constantly talking to them etc while the updates get slower and slower, its a nice strategy to milk people and this type of dev is much more of a bad person to me than some1 like ICSTOR who just got lazy from an absurd amount of success, like many others have (hard to work on your game when you are in the bahamas)

Dr. Javi

May 29, 2020
To put into perspective how fucked up this whole situation has been, let's consider how much money he's probably made since December 2020 when 0.6e came out. That's 15 months of Patreon pledges. Now let's be extremely, extremely, extremely conservative. Let's assume that he averaged 6,000 Patrons over this time period. In reality, 6,000 is way on the low end of Patrons that he's had in any one month over the last 15 months (and he topped out at 8,200) but let's just use that. Let's assume that he made $5 per Patron in that time. There is no way that it is that low considering that when he made that information publicly available years ago it was never below $8. That means that he would have made $30,000 on average per month. That means that he would have made $450,000 since 0.6e came out. That's more than many people in developed countries make in 10 years. I cannot even fathom how far $450,000 would stretch in poor countries. Nearly half a million for all of 10 minutes worth of content.

More realistically, it was probably 6,500 Patrons per month at $8 per Patron. Still relatively conservative. That means $52,000 per month and $780,000 total since 0.6e. It's likely that it was even more. For essentially no work.

Fucked up beyond belief.

Last edited:

BurnerBanner

Apr 12, 2021
This is the only place where I feel like a fortune teller.

My prediction is he will copy past something from the last 2-year post. To get cash from the patron. (Eg. The mental issue, mass reporting, 8000 images ready, don't want to disappoint my fans, etc. And new year new promises)

Wolf Larsen

Feb 25, 2018
That's not the first time that I saw the abandoned tag here. Last time, Icstor quickly put a bs update and the tag was removed.

Maybe it will happen again...

Last edited:

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Its not about being a bad or good person a scammer milker etc this applies to any dev who gets too big for their own good - some games aren't made by a single dev and are ran as a business and don't succumb to this problem. You have been around long enough to also see nearly every game going from a 3 month per release schedule to 6-12 months. Even the 'best' devs get way lazier way more complacent etc because they don't HAVE to stick to a schedule they can do w/e they want since they know they have so many patreons to fall back on losing a little won't make any difference to them anymore. Obviously for most of us this is a bad thing since we just wants updates as fast as possible but I guess if you don't care about when updates come and are just happy the dev doesn't have to stress over releasing updates quickly like they used to then that's great too. Also some devs like to be extra friendly and nice to their supporters constantly talking to them etc while the updates get slower and slower, its a nice strategy to milk people and this type of dev is much more of a bad person to me than some1 like ICSTOR who just got lazy from an absurd amount of success, like many others have (hard to work on your game when you are in the bahamas)
Thats what I said in a way, what I mean is that he is getting money for nothing and he is not a profesional unlike other devs, so he doens't care as long money flows his way.
If all people leaved him he will be forced to update the game to get support again, it happened before in the past with this dev.

3.70 star(s) 416 Votes