ZTaylor2000

Aug 29, 2021
If anyone wants to move on to something new Last Hope by Poolside games has been my go to switch, extensive content and it runs on Unreal Engine and functions as an actual game.

Reactions: skywalkr2

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Patreon is not a stable job. If you are not making money you are probably already looking at other offers. Also, the guy making Bad Bobby Saga had a hard time during the pandemic and couldn't work on the game, but because he kept receiving money he managed to release an update a few months ago.
I would agree with you if this was a small dev which is not the case. The last time ICSTOR had his earnings public he was making 11k a month and had around 1.4k patrons, right now even without releasing an update for so long and after saying that he will put this game onhold indefinitely he still has over 5k patrons. His income has been more than stable for the past 5 years.

Reactions: fz

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
I would agree with you if this was a small dev which is not the case. The last time ICSTOR had his earnings public he was making 11k a month and had around 1.4k patrons, right now even without releasing an update for so long and after saying that he will put this game onhold indefinitely he still has over 5k patrons. His income has been more than stable for the past 5 years.
Exactly. ICSTOR is making enough to hire a team to help him do updates.

Reactions: gamersglory

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
400 renders in 2.5 years... What is the render rate on that? Lets do some math...

400 Renders in 900 days = 1 Render per 2-3 days.

Graphtron estimates that he is making 4k to 46k dollars per month from his 5,245 patrons. Lets go with the middle number. Lets call it $25,000 per month average.

25,000 x 30 months = $750,000

$750,000 / 400 = $1,875 PER RENDER (Not accounting for the ups and downs he was making much more before)

Now lets compare that to another developer... How about My team as an example.

Moon & I are working as a team on Knockout Master.

The first release was in October of 2019 of our game. We have over 8,000 renders in the same time frame. We produced over 20 times the renders in the same time... Our next update will push us over 9000, and I bet it comes before Milfy Cities... In spite of that we have like 2% the number of Patrons as this guy.

20 times the productivity for 2% of the support in the same time frame.

I don't even look at Icstor as a game developer. More so a .
Its sad bro. Hope u get some more patreons if u r doing the work u said u r doing.

Reactions: Zhefyro

foible

Aug 29, 2017
So ppl have finally realized that the dev was just milking money off his patreons. Sad it took so long
Not yet. Still a plethora of subs on Patreon. This fucker gonna be making several K a month long after he fucking dies.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Its sad bro. Hope u get some more patreons if u r doing the work u said u r doing.
I'll be real with you. I do it more part time myself. You see I'm a writer. I bust my ass when I need to, and a lot of the work I do is more so "Mental Energy" than "Hands on Keyboard". It's not a race to see how many words per minute I can hit. I write the stories, and dialogues for moon. I am going back and fixing some work of previous writers who in all fairness made some blunders. My work is more involved in planning, and editing, and proofreading and polishing it up nicely. So I got time to dick around in the forums, and goof off a bit. I only started working on the project with him since September 11th 2021.

Moon though... He had been through some tough times... 3 writers by the time I came around, none that could cut the mustard. He has been ghosted and lied to. I'm not going to let him down as the others have, but they have left a bit of mess for me to fix now that is 4 different writers 3 gone and I am the last one fixing the mess of the other 3... I got it handled well though.

Moon is probably the hardest working Dev I ever met, and I have known a lot of devs too in my day. The guy eats, sleeps, and shits game development. When he does slow down to sleep his machine is still running making renders. First thing he gets up in the morning and he is working on it. The man has a true passion for what he does, and it is his full time job. We talk most days, and he is a good friend of mine. The guy has got more heart for development than anybody I ever met.

I wouldn't trade 100 Icstors for 1 Moon.

sasisa

Feb 4, 2021
I'll be real with you. I do it more part time myself. You see I'm a writer. I bust my ass when I need to, and a lot of the work I do is more so "Mental Energy" than "Hands on Keyboard". It's not a race to see how many words per minute I can hit. I write the stories, and dialogues for moon. I am going back and fixing some work of previous writers who in all fairness made some blunders. My work is more involved in planning, and editing, and proofreading and polishing it up nicely. So I got time to dick around in the forums, and good off a bit. I only started working on the project with him since September 11th 2021.

Moon though... He had been through some tough times... 3 writers by the time I came around, none that could cut the mustard. He has been ghosted and lied to. I'm not going to let him down as the others have, but they have left a bit of mess for me to fix now that is 4 different writers 3 gone and I am the last one fixing the mess of the other 3... I got it handled well though.

Moon is probably the hardest working Dev I ever met, and I have known a lot of devs too in my day. The guy eats, sleeps, and shits game development. When he does slow down to sleep his machine is still running making renders. First thing he gets up in the morning and he is working on it. The man has a true passion for what he does, and it is his full time job. We talk most days, and he is a good friend of mine. The guy has got more heart for development than anybody I ever met.

May Moon shine bright at night, at stay awake at daytime everyday, and thousand icstors patron come forth for you guys. Amen

• Haha
Reactions: yihman1
Feb 5, 2020
400 renders in 2.5 years... What is the render rate on that? Lets do some math...

Graphtron estimates that he is making 4k to 46k dollars per month from his 5,245 patrons. Lets go with the middle number. Lets call it $25,000 per month average.

$750,000 / 400 = $1,875 PER RENDER (Not accounting for the ups and downs he was making much more before)

The first release was in October of 2019 of our game. We have over 8,000 renders in the same time frame. We produced over 20 times the renders in the same time... Our next update will push us over 9000, and I bet it comes before Milfy Cities... In spite of that we have like 2% the number of Patrons as this guy.

Sorry to say Knockout Master is nowhere near Milfy City be it in render quality, attractiveness of the female characters or LIs, interesting story, ease of play and a lot more. So whether your team delivers regularly or more renders than MC won't make it as popular or lucrative because it is not as enjoyable to play.
Your game is average to averaging good in places but I didn't really feel any excitement playing it and I don't look out for the update. But this is not a review of KM.
Icstor is a piece of shit liar and scammer but he has many more years of 6 digit income ahead of him just because of IS1+2, MControl, M Villa and M City.
Best is forget about him and move on. Am trying but MC and Linda are like old flames :cry::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Thermophob

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
I'll be real with you. I do it more part time myself. You see I'm a writer. I bust my ass when I need to, and a lot of the work I do is more so "Mental Energy" than "Hands on Keyboard". It's not a race to see how many words per minute I can hit. I write the stories, and dialogues for moon. I am going back and fixing some work of previous writers who in all fairness made some blunders. My work is more involved in planning, and editing, and proofreading and polishing it up nicely. So I got time to dick around in the forums, and goof off a bit. I only started working on the project with him since September 11th 2021.

Bro huge respect to u. I also wanted to make my game but i am shit at renders and art stuff XD. i can write and learned a little bit of renpy coding but making the art for the game was my nail in the coffin. But I have started to learn renders in blender. It extremely time consuming and my laptop takes forever to render a scene. But i am making slow progress. Hopefully one day i can make a game for all the lovely ppl over here to play and criticize.

Aug 11, 2020

Have you tried not shitposting in every other game thread? You're a walking PR disaster.

3.70 star(s) 416 Votes