ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
Just to clear the process up for everyone.

1.) ICSTOR and/or the new 3D artists will create a character model and some sample files for how they will look.
2.) ICSTOR designs a story outline, completes the renders, and then sends a brief paragraph of the story outline to me.
Alternatively, ICSTOR may decide to let me design the character's plot, as was the case with Delilah. I would then draft a plot and sent it to them for approval.
3.) ICSTOR and the 3D artists would then produce and send me the renders. If it is an ICSTOR-created character then I get a few sentences of plot for the scenes and fully flesh out the characters with proper dialogue. If it is my own plot that I submitted to ICSTOR, then I only need the renders sent across to me.
4.) After writing the scene, I send a Google Doc back to ICSTOR. While I am writing this, ICSTOR usually prepares the animations. The Google Doc allows editing to be done by multiple people in real time and also allows for comments/changes to be left and tracked which is useful, given that the team spans multiple countries.
5.) The programmer will then take my writing, the rendered images, and the animations and program them into the game. This stage is magic. Nobody quite knows how they do it.

It's a little more complex than that, and I've recently added in some project management stuff since November, but it gives you a basic overview of how things operate.

I'll also typically write, then rewrite a character's scene based on what happens. For example, I might reach the end of a character's renders and notice that if I swapped images 87, 88, and 89, then I can change a character's mood and influence the ending of a particular story. With that information in mind I can go back and redraft earlier parts of the text to reflect the upcoming conclusion.
With all due respect. This is probably something you should have said back in September. Not just weeks before the "said" release of the update. Right now most of us don't really care how things operate at this point. We just want the release or the excuse for the delay.

Onyxdime

Smutlord
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
With all due respect. This is probably something you should have said back in September.
I have continually explained the process time and time again throughout this thread. I think I've also explained it back in 2018/19, but I can't be bothered checking back that far.

11th August as per post #65,966
And again on the 16th October as per post #66,429
29th November as per post #66,758

PHANTOM3DX

Nov 18, 2021
I do, in fact, think this game will see a final release. However, that doesn't excuse the YEARS of milking. In my book, that is a pretty shitty thing to do. But hey, if idiots are willing to pay then good for ICSTOR.

Here is what I think is going on. ICSTOR had a good thing going, especially when the money was (and still is) flowing. Some people get comfortable. They lose motivation and if they don't have to do much then why really try? Especially when not trying is just as lucrative as trying. I think the abandoned tag and obvious decline in revenue flow put a flame under ICSTOR's ass to get things going.

I think ICSTOR shouldn't have set a release date he clearly cannot hit. Maybe he was a little too optimistic or maybe he knows he will still make money when he moves the goalpost YET AGAIN. Either way, it's pretty shitty. From a strictly business perspective it's a master class in making money haha. I think outside of knowing he didn't have to do much and still make money, he is shitty with time management.

I am going to make a prediction and say we see the final game in August/September 2023. Considering the amount of work needed as indicated by Onxydime. At the end of the day, we can't deny the impact this game has had on the scene. Love it or hate it, this game is a cornerstone of this site lol.

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
Thank you for your reply, which made me understand the process of game making milking. In the past, I always thought that the author was working alone.
here, I have corrected that for you :)

As a side note, I think master scammer icstor may indeed release final big update sometimes this/next year. Thanks to that he will be free to start another scam game and have steady supply of money. Never less he is still a scamer that lied multiple times for years, took the money and did not respect his fans at all. Even if game is released he will not change.

Also, just because he wrote few posts and released some renders (maybe years old) like 30% of his patrons started supporting again :D People are just so stupid :D

Onyxdime

Smutlord
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
here, I have corrected that for you :)

As a side note, I think master scammer icstor may indeed release final big update sometimes this/next year. Thanks to that he will be free to start another scam game and have steady supply of money. Never less he is still a scamer that lied multiple times for years, took the money and did not respect his fans at all. Even if game is released he will not change.

Also, just because he wrote few posts and released some renders (maybe years old) like 30% of his patrons started supporting again :D People are just so stupid :D
Hope you enjoy the full game when it comes out. :)

Black Mamba24

Oct 7, 2018
we all will enjoy it when it comes out, thats out of the questions.
the real question is if it actual comes out :)
No the real question is: why do we all keep asking that same question, while we all know no one but one single person know the answer to it?

Reactions: Jarul

JugarComica

Sep 13, 2017
Hope you enjoy the full game when it comes out. :)
Hi there:

Let's see now, you are a lawyer that runs his own business by doing contracting work, then recently decided to take time off to concentrate on writing for the upcoming game release due to a bunch of new game images received and have another bunch awaiting. I wonder if your private law firm will suffer by taking this action, hope not. Anyway, shouldn't you be staying away from this site to focus all your time on your writing work instead of defending the negativity around here. Something does not add up.

Reactions: Xumeey and Toushiro

MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022
Anyway, shouldn't you be staying away from this site to focus all your time on your writing work instead of defending the negativity around here. Something does not add up.
So he can’t take a break from writing for a cup of coffee and while sipping that coffee come here to read posts/drop some intel from what he has done? Not to mention that this forum has also other threads than this one? Oh yeah, something doesn’t clearly add up… :Kappa:

Reactions: boxedjack

Onyxdime

Smutlord
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
Hi there:

Let's see now, you are a lawyer that runs his own business by doing contracting work, then recently decided to take time off to concentrate on writing for the upcoming game release due to a bunch of new game images received and have another bunch awaiting.
I have always been a solicitor that does contract writing work for ICSTOR; before that I was a law student who did contract writing work for ICSTOR and other developers. I've been doing this since at least 2014.

Anyway, shouldn't you be staying away from this site to focus all your time on your writing work instead of defending the negativity around here. Something does not add up.
Just giving little status updates as I progress. I have F95 open on a tab right beside my Google Doc.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, on the subject of status updates, I only have 9 renders left to clear in my backlog; then I'm making a start on the 3rd character. I'm a day late in getting this sent across to the programmer, but that's my bad.

Edit: and backlog is cleared!

Last edited:

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
I wonder what excuse ICSTOR's gonna have this time around? I'm betting on some fatal disease again
Probably no excuse, he will just move it by 3 months. He is past the point where he would need to make even bad excuses. His patrons don't require them at all. Only true believers are left ;)

• Haha
Reactions: HalfwayUP
3.80 star(s) 413 Votes