golgahobnit

Aug 20, 2022
Serious question: *Does* it? How do you know? I often read this statement made as if it were fact, but what is it based on?
1) There are no other advertising channels, and 2) this is one of the busiest threads on the site with almost 75k posts.

It's not complicated. Where else are they growing their Patreon from? Why else did they freak out about the 'Abandoned' tag so much in the past? And why else are people still showing up here on his behalf to bump the thread or engage people?

Drearash

Jan 21, 2022
1) There are no other advertising channels, and 2) this is one of the busiest threads on the site with almost 75k posts.

It's not complicated. Where else are they growing their Patreon from? Why else did they freak out about the 'Abandoned' tag so much in the past? And why else are people still showing up here on his behalf to bump the thread or engage people?
So, it's a best guess based on some process of elimination? Reasonable, but not conclusive.

Nosian

Mar 23, 2021
any reason why the creator abandoned this?
The abandoned tag is placed by F95 mods, either when the creator says they abandoned a project or (more commonly) when it has gone without updates for ~1 year. ICSTOR claims he is working on this and that a release will happen in the next few days... but based on his history no one expects that to happen.

Reactions: Sesesar

golgahobnit

Aug 20, 2022
So, it's a best guess based on some process of elimination? Reasonable, but not conclusive.
The fact that this thread equals publicity for ICSTOR, his game and his Patreon is indisputable. As to it being the only channel for advertising.. Could you name even one or two alternatives that are comparable to F95zone in the amount of exposure they generate?

So no, not a guess. In fact, your proposition that that this thread does not contribute to the Patreon (or does so negligibly) seems a lot more odd to me.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
The fact that this thread equals publicity for ICSTOR, his game and his Patreon is indisputable. As to it being the only channel for advertising.. Could you name even one or two alternatives that are comparable to F95zone in the amount of exposure they generate?
Doesn't really need exposure anymore, his discord server has like 30k people in it. One post and he can generate thousands of re-subbed patreons in moments. However, yes, this is one of the main avenues they can get through to such things. The most you can hope for is that you , at least, stop a few people from mistakenly signing up to all that.

Reactions: Nosian

Drearash

Jan 21, 2022

So no, not a guess. In fact, your proposition that that this thread does not contribute to the Patreon (or does so negligibly) seems a lot more odd to me.
Fine, you've convinced me. I'll take your word for it.

• Haha
Reactions: PenisBonusPaxInDomi

QnotU

Dec 4, 2019
Although it's not F95zone's normal way of doing things, I would almost like to appeal to the moderators to make an exception to the rules and temporarily close this thread if the developer does not deliver tomorrow.

It's not standard, but we should acknowledge that Milfy City is a special circumstance. Even though it's appropriately marked as 'Abandoned', this thread contributes heavily to the developer's ever-growing Patreon numbers. It does this purely by virtue of being one of the busiest threads on the site.

There are no other advertising channels that ICSTOR uses. Their absurd growth in Patreon numbers comes from one place: here.

I realize the irony of bringing up morality in this context. However, all evidence currently points to ICSTOR and their team actively engaging in deceit to trick people out of their money. Note, I'm not accusing anyone of collaborating with scam artists, but I'm starting to wonder how much longer the role F95zone plays in this —however passively— can be justified.
Honestly this thread should have been locked a while ago. There is zero discussion really happening at this point its the same loop of

-Icstor says they will drop update on x date
-Icstor misses said date
-Everyone here rips on them

Its a little tiresome, and because of it I would argue this is the most toxic page on this site at the moment.

laudano93

Aug 28, 2022
Honestly this thread should have been locked a while ago. There is zero discussion really happening at this point its the same loop of

-Icstor says they will drop update on x date
-Icstor misses said date
-Everyone here rips on them

Its a little tiresome, and because of it I would argue this is the most toxic page on this site at the moment.
The worst part of this is that no one realizes how they also help Icstor by joking and ranting about this game. ¿Why is this thread still alive? Yes, it's because Icstor keep telling he'll release the update. But also it's troll's fault. They think they are the best for making a repeated joke about the game not being released and all. ¿Never heard of "ironic consumption"?

The more they keep talking in this thread, the more attention it receives. The more people get here just to see "wtf is happening? 3700 pages of comments?". And the more people download the game.

Please ppl, just let this thread die.

John Dane

May 21, 2018
"Update:

14th - The release of the beta version will occur before the 24th of this month. Some aspects took longer than anticipated, but I'm confident that many of you will appreciate the new features that have slightly delayed the release. I'm aiming for a release around the 20th, but please keep in mind that this is just an estimate from my end :)"

2 more days.......

3.70 star(s) 412 Votes