Arnië*I*

Jun 21, 2017
I mean yeah.

I am not someone who expects a update every month or something like that, not at all.
I rather have a developer that takes 4 months for 1 update to do it right(Like with the previous update with this one).
Then a developer that produces some mediocre shit every month that barely worth playing(Like the game corruption).

I told my personal views of ICstor multiple times already so i won't do that again, but i don't believe for 1 second that ICstor will vanish completely.... This game being abandoned after the next update because he doesn't feel motivated for it anymore is the most probable scenario in my opinion.
Again, i really do hope it doesn't come to that.
Whatever issues i have with him as a developer stand loose from the amazing quality that this game has.

But blaming this on patreon is just way to simple.
Of course it's a platform that's way to easy to (ab)use, but the responsibility lies ultimately with the people who pay the creators themselves.

I am just currently thinking about removing all my pledges to everybody, and follow a brand new system..
I will only pay to a developer that i like after he/she produces another update.
If it took 3 months, i will pay 3 months worth of pledging and cancel my pledge right after that..... Simple as that.

If in ends up being another abandoned game.... Nothing lost.
Just tired of paying for empty promises and fairy-tales.
one of the most honest post I ever read

Reactions: J II D

neodtst

Apr 4, 2017
Anybody think the next update will be the end? Like suddenly the MC have sex with everyone and the game ends. If you follow ICstor game development from previous years, its like the precursor signs showing .

Reactions: Jane-Doe

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Anybody think the next update will be the end? Like suddenly the MC have sex with everyone and the game ends. If you follow ICstor game development from previous years, its like the precursor signs showing .
Nah, you've got to bang your aunt, and have a threesome with her and mom, and then get the aunt pregnant. That's at least 3 more updates!

Reactions: neodtst

JinXXX

Jul 12, 2017
He's making what.. 10K/month by sitting at computer few hours per day(sounds like a dream vacation), and now he's suffering from burnout ? Really ? :LOL:

Reactions: Ninro

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
I'm wondering what is this Forum's long term strategy and if they have any impact on the creators? Because this is more and more becoming a farce.. Not only that, it also follows the same scenario every time:
promising demo --> decent size- and content-wise regular updates for a few months --> solid patronage base and monthly income --> less regular, small updates --> excuse 1 --> even less regular, smaller updates --> excuse 2 --> dummy activity --> stalling or abandonment of the project.
If things continue this way, we're gonna end up in the point with every major title abandoned/on-hold and thousand of 0.1/demo crap.
This forum? F95? What sort of strategy do you think it should have? No one has control over a dev and his/her development of a game, it's all up to them. If they read something that they don't like, or even something that they like, it's up to them how they take it and what they do with it, like abandoning their game. Were you referring to criticism towards creators and how it can be detrimental to the games development or have I missed the point?

Reactions: bc2sketch and fried

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
He's making what.. 10K/month by sitting at computer few hours per day(sounds like a dream vacation), and now he's suffering from burnout ? Really ? :LOL:
It's still work and I doubt it would have just been a 'few hours per day'. Anyone who's been working on a single project for more than a few months will know that it can be exhausting, it saps your enthusiasm and your work will suffer because of it. A vicious cycle that you need to be disciplined to break out of.

paradox69

Feb 22, 2018
So the conclusion is that the Dev will release version 0.6 by caroline without celia before he worries about 2 months?

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Glad that he's pausing his Patreon. I strongly believe that artists should always be hungry. Once they're well-fed and satisfied, they just stop producing. See Valve, for instance. Maybe when Icstor starts missing that $20,000+ over the two months he'll get the creative bug biting him again.

Reactions: fried

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
So the conclusion is that the Dev will release version 0.6 by caroline without celia before he worries about 2 months?
No, you can't draw that conclusion from what Icstor has said. What he's said is he doesn't want to release it without the animations. So it's entirely possible we'll just get nothing for several months.

Seagal

Oct 10, 2017
Not confirmed if he will or not.

He should take the two weeks or whatever he needs to finish the animations and release the Caroline only update before taking the break. We'll see if he does that or not.

The more I think about this the more scummy I think this whole thing is. He's not even freezing the Patreon this month either, and giving some bullshit reason for that.

"I’m not pausing my Patreon page now because I’m still trying to finish her content this month. The longest scenes are done, but I can’t promise that I’ll manage to do that, and if I’m not sure I even want to release an update with just her alone."

How can he finish it this month when he said that the animations will take about two weeks to finish? It's all bullshit because he for sure wants that last payday before his extended vacation, even though the progress has been stuck on 60% for basically the entire month, and he's likely not done much work at all this month.

If ICSTOR doesn't take these two weeks to finish Caroline's animations and release a Caroline only update, then I'll never support this guy again. It's just a huge insult to the people who've been paying him every month. This is not the way you go on an extended break... You release something and then do that. You don't release a bunch of previews in the last day or so getting people hyped for your 2+ month vacation.

I mean, just finish the animations. It's two weeks with clear light at the end of the tunnel... It will go fast enough, and people will be happy with a great solo update for the most popular girl. Then go take the vacation and all the time you need. You don't want to take this extended break when people are all pissed off about how you left.

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
No one has control over a dev and his/her development of a game, it's all up to them.
Maybe that's the point... In a normal world, shareholders/investors/funders/sponsors have expectations and are able to articulate and execute them. Here it's starting to look like a bunch of brats spending their parents' bucks and worshipping the devs no matter the shitshow they put out...

Reactions: helljack

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
Maybe that's the point... In a normal world, shareholders/investors/funders/sponsors have expectations and are able to articulate and execute them. Here it's starting to look like a bunch of brats spending their parents' bucks and worshipping the devs no matter the shitshow they put out...
But that's not the fault of this forum, that's just the decline of society as a whole. In effect those 'bunch of brats spending their parents' bucks and worshipping the devs' are the 'shareholders/investors/funders/sponsors', I mean you're view of them will be skewed towards the vocal minority but they are still the backers of the game. The trouble is there is and always has been subset of people that will effectively get stuck behind their 'beliefs', fighting for them no matter what information they are faced with, they have traditionally been called 'zealots' but more recently, 'fanboys'. Without those people changing their way of thinking, you can't reason with them, it's human nature and wars have been fought because of it.

The only thing, you or I have control of, is how we present ourselves and our arguments. You can change people, but you can't force them to change.

Reactions: fried

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
I strongly believe that artists should always be hungry. Once they're well-fed and satisfied, they just stop producing.
You might not mean it the way you phrased it, but if you do, that is pretty messed up..
So people working in creative fields should worry about their bills to keep their productivity up?
Does this mindset only apply to artists or are employees generally more productive when they are driven by existential fear?

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Glad that he's pausing his Patreon. I strongly believe that artists should always be hungry. Once they're well-fed and satisfied, they just stop producing. See Valve, for instance. Maybe when Icstor starts missing that $20,000+ over the two months he'll get the creative bug biting him again.
Sorry but that can work an year,two,three.But after that it is inevitable to have regress.It's same thing in every sport in the world.

Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
if he releases the update on Caroline with the animations then for me he can also take 3 months off , but if it has to go out without animations then it is better that it does not come out really, for me it would not make sense since they are the animations to make this game great

(Sorry my english)

Reactions: Kytolo Braven

JinXXX

Jul 12, 2017
Maybe when Icstor starts missing that $20,000+ over the two months he'll get the creative bug biting him again.
He's already sitting on gold. There's no other explanation. Paycheck like that should motivate the shit out of you.

This is how burnout looks like. 15K/year :

90871_stock-photo-machinist-working-on-machine.jpg

yaboipapi

Jan 24, 2019
That's some fucked-up thinking right there. You'd rather people go hungry so they can churn out fap material for you?

Reactions: .ox

ugz2

Feb 21, 2018
He's pretty much confirmed he will not be releasing anything until after his return. You should communicate your concerns to him directly.

I do wish Icstor had been less vague in his patreon update even though he seemingly already knew he wouldn't be able to make the release. It seems a lot of people are still under the impression something is coming and it won't be until he's already on his break that it becomes evident.

sharpie69

Jun 25, 2018
That's some fucked-up thinking right there. You'd rather people go hungry so they can churn out fap material for you?
After what both examples given have made monetarily.. it's very unlikely anyone is going to actually be hungry. You also took that a little bit too literal so you completely missed the point.

3.80 star(s) 405 Votes