zetsupetsu

Dec 22, 2019
Wait what? Had this on my watch list and didn't notice that game was already completed. I remember adding this early on during development is it done so soon? Was the dev turnover rate really fast or the game was rushed?

• Angry
Reactions: RedPillBlues

CleeTorre5

Apr 14, 2018
Wait what? Had this on my watch list and didn't notice that game was already completed. I remember adding this early on during development is it done so soon? Was the dev turnover rate really fast or the game was rushed?
Game was rushed due to economical problems. Developers and artists hurried to finish the game so they can focus on new game they creating. As you can see, at last chapter the colors and pictures are pretty messed up. Such disappointment for such beautiful game.

Arnav Dasari

Sep 14, 2020
they didn't give a dang for a steam release.
They're working on it.
1.jpg

hope the new game keeps the same art.
Well, judging by the concept arts posted on Patreon the style would be a little bit more "realistic". Among other things it means that the characters would all look different instead of the "sameish" look of MT characters. Not sure I'm very excited about it though, because I am very fond of the flawless beauty MT characters possessed, even if as a result they all look like relatives; never been a problem for me. The new cast is more varied in terms of looks, but these looks are rather bit more mundane.

Reactions: Grelk

DankCornelius

Feb 17, 2021
Well, judging by the concept arts posted on Patreon the style would be a little bit more "realistic". Among other things it means that the characters would all look different instead of the "sameish" look of MT characters. Not sure I'm very excited about it though, because I am very fond of the flawless beauty MT characters possessed, even if as a result they all look like relatives; never been a problem for me. The new cast is more varied in terms of looks, but these looks are rather bit more mundane.
Did they do this because of the criticisms of MT's women all somewhat looking the same in facial structure? I hope it wasn't relatively taken to heart, as there is a lot more nuance in how all of them look, yet they all are still generally "pretty" at the same time. On a side note, who do you think your favorite new character is from what you have seen?

Arnav Dasari

Sep 14, 2020
Did they do this because of the criticisms of MT's women all somewhat looking the same in facial structure? I hope it wasn't relatively taken to heart, as there is a lot more nuance in how all of them look, yet they all are still generally "pretty" at the same time.
I agree with you on the MT's nuances. IIRC Kuma was writing something to the effect that with this new style the artist wants to get outside their comfort zone, push the boundaries and challenge themselves. A noble goal.

On a side note, who do you think your favorite new character is from what you have seen?
Cant' really decide between the "Office Lady" and "Mrs. Chen". The former have traces of Claudia (her tired eyes, I believe), which is always a plus, while the latter just looks hot. I've never been a dedicated fan of Linda, but this one? This one looks like a proper hatefuck material. The "Landlady" is fine as well - foxy women aren't exactly my thing, but (unlike MT characters) she looks like a proper 45-55 y.o. MILF.

nickmax

Jun 4, 2018
Gallery Unlock: Kuma!!!
Enter the code in the name input of MC

question!
how to put the Kuma!!! to the right place to unlock gallery?
I couldn't do it to open all cg

Last edited:

SidRay

Jan 10, 2019
Can someone provide a proper Claudia romance route? The walkthrough is too complicated and sometimes makes no sense.

MonoN0Aware

Oct 20, 2017
I have come to write my final thoughts on the game. I've only just discovered yesterday that this hidden gem was "completed" (As in a whole visual novel) It has been nearly two or maybe three years since I' checked up on Milky Night. I can't find my post regarding my first impressions of the visual novel, but from what I can recall, it is only good. My inner emotions tell me so! Booting up the visual novel again in so long, I was greeted with the nostalgic opening main title ost. The signature ost. Hauntingly beautiful. Just as I remembered. Legit goosebumps, and I was hurting from the inside. Not physical pain, but more like my soul crying and yearning. (A feeling I get from something that I cherish) "Main title" and "milky night" are my two favorites of the ost. Now that I finished, "Mossland is a sound" and "Daisy in the dusk" are added onto my favorites! Really love those two tracks as well!

Well... unto my conclusion. I can't help but agree with others that the visual novel felt "rushed." After two/three years of realizing that the visual novel was fully "completed" and booting it up again to finish, I was expecting more, but I guess not. I guess it probably depends on who you pursue for the story to be longer? And of course choices would probably be a factor as well. In my case, I pursued the wonderful Octavia! She was my priority. In simple terms, my ending with her got me feeling like the main opening ost, "Main Title" and "Milky Night" The love of my life, Octavia... Why? When? And where? I need you... Please come back, or at the very least, take me with you... How we left things... Heightened the feelings that I have for the osts "Main title" and "Milky Night" even more. I cherish those two specific ost all the more now because of us. I understand them on a whole new level now. I'm left wondering, and wandering aimlessly. "Passing pretty blondes in the streets sometimes even makes you do a double-take, but its never her."

"You know what it is that is absent, just as clearly as you know you'll never have it."
"No amount of cash can ever sweeten your days as much as Octavia's smile would have, and the laughter of women who hang on your words will never be as brilliant or as lovely as that of your math teacher."
"You crave the sound of her voice, the warmth of her touch, and the delicate feel of her breath on your neck."
"Passing pretty blondes in the streets sometimes even makes you do a double-take, but its never her."
"Octavia changed your life for the better. You became who you are because she gave you her love. You keep that feeling of brightness and gratitude inside you still, and no one can ever take it away."

Endings like these... They are the worst. Bittersweet. In fact, I honestly LOVE endings like these, yet I truly hate them too because they hurt me. A lot... You get the woman, yet you don't. No happily ever after, but there is hope... Maybe... I truly am hurt guys. I don't think visual novels are good for my health. Perhaps I should start playing crappy ones instead. Peace and have a great night yall. A bawling me with thumbs up for the visual novel guys. Thank you to all those that made "Milky Touch" possible. Sure it was rushed, but it still got to me.

Last edited:

Renart5

Sep 13, 2021
I have come to write my final thoughts on the game. I've only just discovered yesterday that this hidden gem was "completed" (As in a whole visual novel) It has been nearly two or maybe three years since I' checked up on Milky Night. I can't find my post regarding my first impressions of the visual novel, but from what I can recall, it is only good. My inner emotions tell me so! Booting up the visual novel again in so long, I was greeted with the nostalgic opening main title ost. The signature ost. Hauntingly beautiful. Just as I remembered. Legit goosebumps, and I was hurting from the inside. Not physical pain, but more like my soul crying and yearning. (A feeling I get from something that I cherish) "Main title" and "milky night" are my two favorites of the ost. Now that I finished, "Mossland is a sound" and "Daisy in the dusk" are added onto my favorites! Really love those two tracks as well!

Well... unto my conclusion. I can't help but agree with others that the visual novel felt "rushed." After two/three years of realizing that the visual novel was fully "completed" and booting it up again to finish, I was expecting more, but I guess not. I guess it probably depends on who you pursue for the story to be longer? And of course choices would probably be a factor as well. In my case, I pursued the wonderful Octavia! She was my priority. In simple terms, my ending with her got me feeling like the main opening ost, "Main Title" and "Milky Night" The love of my life, Octavia... Why? When? And where? I need you... Please come back, or at the very least, take me with you... How we left things... Heightened the feelings that I have for the osts "Main title" and "Milky Night" even more. I cherish those two specific ost all the more now because of us. I understand them on a whole new level now. I'm left wondering, and wandering aimlessly. "Passing pretty blondes in the streets sometimes even makes you do a double-take, but its never her."

"You know what it is that is absent, just as clearly as you know you'll never have it."
"No amount of cash can ever sweeten your days as much as Octavia's smile would have, and the laughter of women who hang on your words will never be as brilliant or as lovely as that of your math teacher."
"You crave the sound of her voice, the warmth of her touch, and the delicate feel of her breath on your neck."
"Passing pretty blondes in the streets sometimes even makes you do a double-take, but its never her."
"Octavia changed your life for the better. You became who you are because she gave you her love. You keep that feeling of brightness and gratitude inside you still, and no one can ever take it away."

Endings like these... They are the worst. Bittersweet. In fact, I honestly LOVE endings like these, yet I truly hate them too because they hurt me. A lot... You get the woman, yet you don't. No happily ever after, but there is hope... Maybe... I truly am hurt guys. I don't think visual novels are good for my health. Perhaps I should start playing crappy ones instead. Peace and have a great night yall. A bawling me with thumbs up for the visual novel guys. Thank you to all those that made "Milky Touch" possible. Sure it was rushed, but it still got to me.
It's a terrible ending, if they let us at least act like we wanted her to stay or to go with her instead of "Oh, you're going? Okay... sucks I guess." it would at least make some more sense, but the MC acts like it's just disappointing. It would also be good if it was an ending out of many, but no, Octavia love route is downright pointless.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Just tested this after ages ... and the Final version is still bugged.

Even if you pick "do homework" and the game tells you that you finish it with ease, you get the "you didnt finish your homework and hope the little you have is enough for a C" (something like that).

Why bothering when you get inconsistencies that early on after just 4-5 "choices" ... Disappointing.

Arnav Dasari

Sep 14, 2020
I have come to write my final thoughts on the game.
A wonderful post. Really thoughtful and full of sincere emotions - and it always feels great to meet a fellow Octavia fan! (I don't believe there are many of us.)

Booting up the visual novel again in so long, I was greeted with the nostalgic opening main title ost. The signature ost. Hauntingly beautiful.
Pretty much every music track in the game is great - just like art, writing and voiceovers, the quality of soundtrack is exceptional among erotic games. Even when the genre of a particular track is not my favourite, I cannot deny that it fits the scene (take "Daisy and Tulip" as an example - I'm not really a fan of Drum and Bass (I think that's the genre) but it sounds really effective in the scene). As for my favourite tracks, it's hard to choose - they're all cool. But if I have to choose just one, I guess I'll go with "Off the blockchain". Not just because it sounds in the first romantic scene with Octavia, but because how simple, yet full of emotion it is. It sounds really light in its mood, and hopeful, and romantic. For me this is THE Octavia theme (not "Miss Twin Peaks"), and one of the most memorable pieces of the soundtrack. (Speaking of Octavia and music, I have to say that the music in her first corruption scene is kinda mixed up IMO - I believe that bombastic "The Mask" would've fitted the scene better than mysterious, relaxed and almost anemic "October's Fall". But that's just me.)

In my case, I pursued the wonderful Octavia! She was my priority.
Endings like these... They are the worst. Bittersweet. In fact, I honestly LOVE endings like these, yet I truly hate them too because they hurt me.
Very bittersweet indeed. Just like endings in many Japanese VNs. But it's also realistic, I guess - probably the most realistic ending out of all. A kid and his teacher had a tryst and than parted ways before it could hurt more than just their hearts. It also fits her "psychological profile", if you'll excuse me overanalyzing an erotic game. What I mean is that most of her scenes have a theme of hiding - they constantly hide together - in her office, in a toilet stand, under a table, and especially the last scene, where they hide in her car. To tell the truth, I was hoping that in the end they would stay together - may be run away, change their names and hide from the world. But the devs decided that she would run away without him. I guess because otherwise it would've been almost a copy of Claudia's route. (Speaking of Claudia - she also shows an adjacent theme of voyeurism in her scenes - especially in the last one.) But still, I honestly thought that all the romance routes would end with marriages, so her ending was a surprise, and not a welcome one. Doubly bitter, so to say. What we got wasn't a copy of Claudia's ending - it was more like Linda's ending, especially if one would take into account that her proper romance route (i.e. without forcing MC on her at the Mossland) has only one proper sex scene - at the very end. That's half of what Linda's got, and Linda never got to become a major character. Well, I guess that's the price of more scenes in the corruption route (which is only logical - to have more sex with the given character in her corruption route, I mean). A good thing is that the last romance scene with her is very satisfying by itself - the dialogues are passionate, the art is superb (thankfully in her last scene her face is as beautiful as it should be) and the music is as great and fitting as always.
In the end, I guess, the bittersweetness of the ending makes it as memorable for us as Octavia was for MC. He won't forget her, and neither would we.

02-23-53-59.jpg

It is unforgettable. She will stay with us for a long time. A ludo-narrative triumph, bravo Nolan Wildquill!

Thank you to all those that made "Milky Touch" possible. Sure it was rushed, but it still got to me.
That's how I feel as well.

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
It's a terrible ending, if they let us at least act like we wanted her to stay or to go with her instead of "Oh, you're going? Okay... sucks I guess." it would at least make some more sense, but the MC acts like it's just disappointing. It would also be good if it was an ending out of many, but no, Octavia love route is downright pointless.
Would I have liked more Octavia ending options? Of course, but the reality is that the creator, Kuma, was not getting enough Patreon support to continue the VN. How many people who downloaded this great VN from F95 actually became Patreons? Of those, how many actually donated at least $60 USD (I'm going by a rough estimate of 1 AAA video game in the US) over the life span of MT?

There are many who came to take Milky Touch for free, then complained about one or more parts of the VN. Some would claim that we were blessed to have them simply take their time to play MT and that no other support was needed... which paid for: $0 electricity, $0 assets, $0 music, $0 artist time (and $0 of anything else).

Kuma committed to finishing the VN and took the last several updates to try to wrap up the story as best he could. He did not just abandon it the way a number of creators have when finances got tight (or went into the negative). There have been a number of 'armchair quarterbacks (American expression for people who offer their opinions on a subject without actually being a part of it or having skin in the game) who are happy to identify what went wrong or how it could have been done better. Interestingly, I noted few, if any, of their names in any of the Patreon posts where people who actually donate $ to help support MT discuss this fine VN and support the creator.

If you are someone who actually provided $ support to MT, thanks! If not, you could still become a Patreon and support Neon Touch, the VN he is working on right now. I'm happy to support this new VN as a Patreon even though it will still be a few months before we get the first rev. Quality takes time and I don't believe that $0 support gets the job done.

4.10 star(s) 139 Votes