Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Greetings everyone :alien:
First of all, Kerni, thx for the cool project, interesting gameplay and some sleepless nigths :coffee:
For now i get some issues with game…

I'm started playing on 0.57 (MAC :KEK:) version.
I get quest: Malia asked me to search for some seasoning stuff in her hut. I should go there and bring it to her.

// Game is cool, but i need to rest. I'm going to sleep a bit)
// On next day found info about 0.70_1
// Read change log, with smile on face launch 0.70_1 (MAC)

I'm go inside Malia hut, then get one dialog box and get start cut-scene. All fade to black screen. Music still playing, but thats all. I waiting some time, but still stay on black screen o_O

Game save still from 0.57 version… I'm still have that version… :WeSmart: launch 0.57 and try again from that point aaand get same stuck :HideThePain:

:unsure: Dunno, perhaps thats only situational issue for me.
Oh my , always a little bit wonky if you try to use old savegames xD
(altough it could work actually)

But anyway , could you please send me the savefile in question ?
I would like to try it with my developer version.
(and the alpha version of 0.70)

Reactions: Oddy

Oddy

Sep 3, 2018
That's reaction speed just get me crazy a bit :)

// I saved a little time running around for resources. I cheated values of the resources in the bag.
// I was accurate in this action, but with numbers I could maybe greedy a bit. Please, dont blame me ;)

Last edited:

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
That's reaction speed just get me crazy a bit :)

// I saved a little time running around for resources. I cheated values of the resources in the bag.
// I was accurate in this action, but with numbers I could maybe greedy a bit. Please, dont blame me ;)
Thanks ,
i will get back to you once i found time to analyse what was/is wrong

Oddy

Sep 3, 2018
Not scare for me. For now I will just play again in the current version of the game :coffee:;)
Just reported the situation. Thank you so much for not giving up your support :love:

Oddy

Sep 3, 2018
Kerni, excuse me, I don’t know if this is the right place to share suggestions. It's just that I often pay attention to this during the game. Sometimes there is a lack of the ability to look at a map with a target mark without opening the inventory for this. At start gameplay it was not very convenient for me to find the target of the quest :geek:
MMO experience broke me a loong time ago, so for now just can't drop that from old head :HideThePain:

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Kerni, excuse me, I don’t know if this is the right place to share suggestions. It's just that I often pay attention to this during the game. Sometimes there is a lack of the ability to look at a map with a target mark without opening the inventory for this. At start gameplay it was not very convenient for me to find the target of the quest :geek:
MMO experience broke me a loong time ago, so for now just can't drop that from old head :HideThePain:
Let me guess , you want to press "M" for the minimap or the big map ? :=)

• Haha

Oddy

Sep 3, 2018
Nope :D

Here I was rather looking for a mini-map with target mark, as in the inventory, but on main hud. Switchable maybe.

// An arrow pointer would be overkill.
// Compass element, whats indicate, on what side you lookking for now can be helpfull probably.

It's just that when you are in the inventory, you cannot move to understand whether you are going in the right direction, or you are moving away from the target. You have to move a little to figure it out.

The game world is not so big, of course, you memorize it over time and more or less you already match a point on the map with a place at the world.

Over the years, I became less able to navigate in space. :HideThePain:
Now I think, i'l need to develop my self as a 3D artist, not a programmer, and more often go on nature camping instead of computer clubs with friends :FacePalm:

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Nope :D

Here I was rather looking for a mini-map with target mark, as in the inventory, but on main hud. Switchable maybe.
Yes.. yes.. looks like i really need to work on this >_<

• Yay, new update!

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
So , i was finaly able to lod the game into th version of Milky Ways 0.70.1. (windows version!)

I was not able to find the error.
I started right next to Yukari which was bound in her upgrade device , fast traveled to Malias house , did the cutscene , back to Yukaris base and rwalked to Malia (which was standing right next to the stove)

So i assume this is either a savegame error , or a MAC version error.
IF you start the game on a new savefile and just skip to the story (Press Q) will this error also occur then ?

• Thinking Face

Druuman

May 8, 2018
The author's other Unity project, "Abandoned: A Tale Of Forgotten Lives", ran with no issues. Loved it.

However, both "Milky Ways" and *many* other Unity titles do not run, and immediately dies on the very first dialog about 10-20% of the way (i.e. a few seconds after launching, too quick to even do a screenshot). I have a reasonably fast Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC, 16 GB RAM, DirectX 12. DxDiag indicates no issues with DirectX 12.

Could my problem with Unity be because I do not have a dedicated graphics card (just "Intel(R) HD Graphics 530"), or do I need to specifically install DirectX 11 as well, or ... ?

Any help would be most appreciated because as I said above, there are a number of other Unity titles (but not all?!?) that will not run on my PC, with what seems to be the same issue.

Oddy

Sep 3, 2018
I started right next to Yukari which was bound in her upgrade device , fast traveled to Malias house , did the cutscene , back to Yukaris base and rwalked to Malia (which was standing right next to the stove)
Yep, whats that cutscene broken for me on that save. Looks like thats problem only for me. Dunno, for now I just don't test that again on new save from 0.70.1 I report about situation when reach that point on quest line again ;)

IF you start the game on a new savefile and just skip to the story (Press Q) will this error also occur then ?
Kerni, what do you mean under "new savefile"?
And please, tell me, what gameplay settings can be important in this case (story on/off, etc...) :)

Thx for your time!

kvier

Apr 30, 2018
However, both "Milky Ways" and *many* other Unity titles do not run, and immediately dies on the very first dialog about 10-20% of the way (i.e. a few seconds after launching, too quick to even do a screenshot). I have a reasonably fast Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC, 16 GB RAM, DirectX 12.

Could my problem with Unity be because I do not have a dedicated graphics card (just "Intel(R) HD Graphics 530")
I have had no problems of that sort with any Unity games, 16GB of RAM and using significantly older intel integrated graphics (HD Graphics 4600) on linux.

Unity does produce a log file that may say what's wrong. (c:\users\YOU\AppData\LocalLow\PUBLISHERNAME\GAMENAME\Player.log) and you might see if there's a useful error message in it.

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017

Kerni, what do you mean under "new savefile"?
And please, tell me, what gameplay settings can be important in this case (story on/off, etc...) :)

Thx for your time!
What i mean is that you can skip most of the dialouge with the button Q ^_^

The author's other Unity project, "Abandoned: A Tale Of Forgotten Lives", ran with no issues. Loved it.

However, both "Milky Ways" and *many* other Unity titles do not run...
kvier already answered that :)
would be nice if you can post the crash log maybe we can find out what is wrong with it.
(But i assume it is the integrated graphic card which is simply not enough because this game is really. really.. demaning)

Oddy

Sep 3, 2018
What i mean is that you can skip most of the dialouge with the button Q ^_^
Q workaround is worked :WaitWhat: :WeSmart:

Kerni, you just awesome. Do you know that. Thx!)

One more thing.
When I use "Fast travel", when close dialog after moving process, camera make fast move to antother direction.
First I think its because I move mouse when close that dialog... But nope, looks like thats hapened always)

Last edited:

Druuman

May 8, 2018
I have had no problems of that sort with any Unity games, 16GB of RAM and using significantly older intel integrated graphics (HD Graphics 4600) on linux.

Unity does produce a log file that may say what's wrong. (c:\users\YOU\AppData\LocalLow\PUBLISHERNAME\GAMENAME\Player.log) and you might see if there's a useful error message in it.

I'm attaching the file "output_log.txt" from the folder "C:/Users/dougb/AppData/Local/Temp/Kernis not existing company/Milky Ways/". Looking at the file, there doesn't seem to be much that is useful except for the "Crash!!!" on the third line, right after the GfxDevice message on the second line.
There is no "Player.log" file, nor is there a "Crashes" folder.

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
I'm attaching the file "output_log.txt" from the folder "C:/Users/dougb/AppData/Local/Temp/Kernis not existing company/Milky Ways/". Looking at the file, there doesn't seem to be much that is useful except for the "Crash!!!" on the third line, right after the GfxDevice message on the second line.
There is no "Player.log" file, nor is there a "Crashes" folder.
According to a unit forum threat i have found
( )
the issueseems to be the AMD CPU but without more informations i can not be super sure.

Druuman

May 8, 2018
According to a unit forum threat i have found
( )
the issueseems to be the AMD CPU but without more informations i can not be super sure.
Thank you Kerni, I enjoyed your "Abandoned: A Tale...." game, and it ran fine on my PC which uses Intel i5 CPU and 16GB of RAM and DirectX 12. DxDiag does not report any issues. Could it be a DirectX 11 vs. 12 issue?
Many Unity games will not run, but some do, making me wonder if it's because I don't have a standalone graphics card. But I'm still shooting in the dark here.
Any other significant Unity settings between your two games?

testry

Sep 18, 2017
Mhnn.. not really , Milky ways is very similar to AATOFL.
Probably nothing, but could the difference be the Unity version that might need new requirements? Or are you using the same old version on both games?
This reminds me of Cyberpunk, the only game in my life that didn't start until I updated my display drivers.

4.30 star(s) 25 Votes