blackhedgehog

Jul 3, 2018
The Brutus arc definitely turned out to be longer than I had planned, but I learned a lot while making it. Not only did I get better at using Ren'Py, but I got a much clearer idea of what I wanted to do with the game as a whole.

The next update will wrap up the Brutus arc (for real this time,) and then I'll be going back to the main story.
Like I've mentioned on the discord, the next big task is to rework act 1 entirely. The story is going to be mostly the same, but certain characters are getting changed to be a better fit. (Za'Hra, Cyrus and Erika most notably.)

And like I've mentioned before, buried somewhere in the pages on this thread, I won't be diverging from the main story like this again, until after I finish it. But trust me when I say that the Brutus arc was immensely important for this project, arguably for the characters, but mostly for what I learned during the process of making it.
So... the next update will not only add but also change some things? like act 1?

macassa

Jan 9, 2019
which step doesn't work for you and what kind of Mac are you using? the game runs fine for me.
two basic tips: use The Unarchiver instead of the default program to open the game's zip file, and use the permission fixer
I have a Mac mini - tries to export from zip and just states 'in an unsurpported format...' not getting far..... any help would be grea!

LewdAnnieMay

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2018
So... the next update will not only add but also change some things? like act 1?
The next update, that comes out sometime next week, includes the last bits of the Brutus arc. Update after that is the remake.

And yes, it'll add onto act 1, in addition to changing it. To make it clear though, every screenshot, every animated scene, most of the writing and all of the characters going to be changed. Some characters will have their appearances changed, some will be cut, and some will have their personalities changed. Others will stay mostly the same. Also, there likely won't be a single screenshot currently found in act 1 in the remake, because honestly, they look terrible in comparison to the newer stuff.

The Brutus arc will also be changed slightly, to allow people to access it on a purity run, and adding a purity ending that loops back into the main game. Certain non-purity endings will also loop back into the main game.

LewdAnnieMay

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2018
Everytime i want to interact whit Ari in the house i always come to the main screen?
It's a thing with old saves, if I remember right. I think you can fix it by triggering the Ari cutscene in the garden again, which you do by repeating the gardening stuff until harvest. If not, you'll need to start a new save.

Reactions: odynson

odynson

Oct 14, 2017
It's a thing with old saves, if I remember right. I think you can fix it by triggering the Ari cutscene in the garden again, which you do by repeating the gardening stuff until harvest. If not, you'll need to start a new save.
Will give it a try.. Thanks!

Meian

Oct 14, 2018
The next update, that comes out sometime next week, includes the last bits of the Brutus arc. Update after that is the remake.

And yes, it'll add onto act 1, in addition to changing it. To make it clear though, every screenshot, every animated scene, most of the writing and all of the characters going to be changed. Some characters will have their appearances changed, some will be cut, and some will have their personalities changed. Others will stay mostly the same. Also, there likely won't be a single screenshot currently found in act 1 in the remake, because honestly, they look terrible in comparison to the newer stuff.

The Brutus arc will also be changed slightly, to allow people to access it on a purity run, and adding a purity ending that loops back into the main game. Certain non-purity endings will also loop back into the main game.
Will this include more Ari x Brutus?

LewdAnnieMay

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2018
Will this include more Ari x Brutus?
Sadly not. I'm wrapping up the sub and dom routes for Ari with an ending for each, and that'll be it for the Brutus arc for a while. I might include more Ari x Brutus later down the line, but I need to finish this and get back to the main story.

xana94

Nov 13, 2021
Sadly not. I'm wrapping up the sub and dom routes for Ari with an ending for each, and that'll be it for the Brutus arc for a while. I might include more Ari x Brutus later down the line, but I need to finish this and get back to the main story.
More canine?

jimmyapple

Jun 4, 2021

will there be more wolf content?

jimmyapple

Jun 4, 2021
So... I'd like to offer some feedback. Others may disagree with me here, and that's fine, but would you kindly return to the main story? This game started out with a great plot, and the narrative was moving in a promising direction. But the last few updates took the game down an alternate path that, imo, is so different from the main quest that it feels like I was bamboozled into playing a different game. Instead of becoming a budding sorcerer who is trying to survive the inquisition, now I'm a house slave to some petty nobles and getting dicked by a horse... This isn't meant to kinkshame anyone, but these diverging stories are too incompatible to feel even remotely coherent. It feels like these should be two separate games.
the way this post reads is unintentionally hilarious lmaooo

4.30 star(s) 36 Votes