3.50 star(s) 57 Votes

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Progress Update(-ish)

Hey all, I hope you've all had a lovely week. I've got a bit of a painful news this week - I've had to have a tooth taken out due to an impacted tooth causing infection. I'm on painkillers and it's been hard to work...

I'm still rendering daily (there's a back log of scenes that needs rendering) but the work rate has slowed down in afraid. Hopefully I'll be good as new in a few days.

Have a great weekend all.

ps: I'm making this post public just so everyone can see

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Progress Update and release date!

Happy weekend all, thanks for being patient - That was a painful week but I'm off painkillers now and things should be back to normal.

So what's the progress like now? Well we're back to the previous track of lighting/layout/posing 20-30 scenes each week, and finishing up everything over the next couple of weeks. While this is taking place, I'll also be busy with the surprise I've mentioned earlier, hopefully everything works out the way I have in my head and we'll have a great update coming your way soon!

But what's progress without some form of deadline? Looking at the amount of work that needs to be done, I'm going to say 5 weeks ++ to get them all to a releasable form.

Indeed as I type this, I'm already working into getting the new poses done - I want a chunk of shots finished each day so we can dump everything into the render queue.

So without further ado, I'll get right back to work on the next release, thanks for checking in, and I'll see everyone next week with our new progress!

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
I just started this journey. After MC wakes on the day 2, his thoughts tell about peeking Diane whether he peeked or not. And the route of not peeking when waiting for the pizza delivery is "under construction". Also, while peeking his thoughts are in the first peeking session that I decided not to do.

Seems like the start needs some work still...

Reactions: HorizonD

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Progress Update

Wow, another week went by just like that and we're halfway through July! I wish we have more hours in a day. There's just too many things to do and too little time. I hope your week was well spent!

On my end, we've been crunching through shots steadily. We're got some really nice renders as you can see from the preview banner above! It took a long time to get the lighting and reflections to hit just right though (not to mention the posing!) I've seen far too many odd posing and broken anatomy to allow that in any of our scenes, I won't be able to sleep like that!

So there we have it, this week's progress. Starting next week we might get too deep into spoiler territory so I'll need to curate the sort previews we see here. Don't worry if everything looks like it's in a similar location - I'm holding back stuff!

Have a great weekend all

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Progress Update

Hey all, it's another progress update - hope you've had a great week!

We're slowly but surely churning through our scenes, I've been rewriting a few scenes because of how it hooks up to the next next update. Downside - I need new assets and layout for this rewrite. I'm sourcing them as we speak and hopefully won't have too much of an impact on our release.

I'm been picky with the posing and it's costing me some time, but I believe this extra care will show in the final result! Thanks for checking in, and have a great weekend!

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

This is not an update

Here I am sitting down, crafting facial expressions when I finally manage a look of exasperation and amusement. Just what did our MC say to her? I'm rather pleased with how this looks so I'm releasing this to everyone as a quick mid-week peek!
This is just a screengrab from DAZ, final render with colour correction will look much better!
Edit: Looking at this again, I realized this might be a great chance to show the sort of things that I look at when crafting an image like this and why it's so time consuming!
  • Slight highlight on her lower lip, getting the right angle and amount of light to hit is really hard.
  • Reflection on glasses. Some of these are faked with an off screen light source, tuned just to hit that perfectly. Without it the glasses look fake.
  • Orange rim light on her shoulders, makes her pops out better from the background, getting that to look right without her skin looking orange is an art unto itself.
  • Blue light catching the screen left side of her face, placed wrongly that will fight with the other lights causing unpleasant shadows and skin tones.
That's of course on top of the usual scene lighting, finger posing, expressions and wardrobe and getting that depth of field to look right. I've taken to painting out intersections in Photoshop so that should be less of an issue now.
Most of these are subtle but adds that touch of realism and gives it a more cinematic look. Hopefully this gives a better insight into the process needed to bring this story to life. Every frame a painting indeed!

For the Patreons though, watch this space for a proper update this weekend plus some sexy shots :)

t3ace

May 17, 2018
Incredible amount of work you put in there. It looks amazing. Really looking forward to the next update.

I have just 1 request. Give this stunning looking mom some pubic hair please. Seems more realistic to me.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Creeping Death

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Progress Update

Hey all, it's the end of the week and time for another update!

This crazy heatwave finally looks like its about to be over - my pc restarted by itself once while I was away. I'm not certain it's the heat but it's never happened before! Not much harm done otherwise thankfully.
On to render news - we've got another full scene done, though some needs to be re-rendered (renderer picking up wrong camera, depth of field has wrong settings etc) would it that I can catch everything before I render, but when you have 100s of shots, some inevitably gets missed.

The speed of rendering though is giving me some concerns, maybe it's due to the high amount of reflective surfaces, but some shots are taking 11 hours to render. That's completely unacceptable. This means I'm barely rendering 2 shots a day. And I can't work when it's rendering. It might be worth the time to just spend a couple days to figure out how to optimize the scene.
So while we're past the half-way mark on scenes posed and lit, we're a couple weeks behind on the actual renders. It's not ideal..but we'll get through it.

That said, the renders are all looking amazing, none of that muddy looking renders you see in the previous releases. Thanks for your patience and I'll see you next week with more updates!

KiGa

꧁THC꧂
Respected User
Aug 5, 2017
this game... is f'n amazing. so well written. I don't usually comment but I just had to for this...
With ur nice little comment u deserve your first like. Its nice to share some thoughts after an update of a good game and here u have the perfect community for this... and hell yes, its very good written and a great game (if u like milfs)

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Progress Update

Hey all! Gonna make a short(er) one this week so I can jump right back into posing - Good news! 11 hour renders are no more, they are 3/4 hours now. I want to get this down to 1 hour if I can. I really don't want to go back to the muddy renders but a balance needs to be struck. Optimizing is slow (gotta wait hours to see if it worked) but we're slowly getting there!
Next up - I underestimated how big this update will be D:

Our previous major update have around 130 renders. (Initial release had barely 80!)
I've already hit that 130 figure (which means its about ready to release had this been the previous update!) and turns out..this is just over half done. Yikes.

Something something Best laid plans..

It is my self imposed deadline but still. It's taking too long, I have shots to pose and renders to do, thanks everyone for being patient. It's much appreciated. I'll be grabbing a coffee and doing some serious overtime time for the next couple weeks.

Have great weekend!

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Progress Update

Hey all! It's about 3am here as I type up this update. So much to do, so little time. Would it that I can do this full time. Nevertheless, we've made some progress this week!
So things done -
  • Render times shrunk further down to 100 mins per render, I seem to be reaching the point where any further tweaks will have an uncomfortable impact on quality.
  • 20+ new shots done, was hoping to get more but I ended up spending a couple days building the set needed. With this out of the way, there should be just 1 more set to build for this release!
  • Catching up on backlogs of renders to the scenes posed.
I still want to take some time out to do some sexy renders for you, dear patreons. Rest assure I haven't forgotten.
Gonna kick off some renders and have a rest, tomorrow's gonna be another busy day.

3.50 star(s) 57 Votes