3.50 star(s) 57 Votes

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Progress Update

Good Sunday everyone! How quickly another week just passes by!

It's been crazy busy on my end as we inch towards the next release, I feel like I've been at this forever, just grinding at it day after day. Good news is, another chunk of renders has finished and we're making steady progress.

We spend almost a month doing mostly writing at the beginning of this release, and it has paid off quite a bit, informing decisions on scenes, locations and characters. I imagine this would continue to pay off down the line as we move on. I wish I have another pair of hands, but for now, thanks for being patient, it's been a comforting source of encouragement for me as I march towards the next release.

Have a great Sunday!

Lemonkey

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Progress Update

Hi everyone, I hope it's been a great week for you.

There's so much to talk about this week! So first off - progress on the renders- I'm chunking through a sexy bit of the update and I'm not quite satisfied with how it's coming out. Probably need to re pose and render this segment, it does mean a bit of work is wasted but well, part of the process I suppose. I could say screw it and just move on to the next scene but... I'm sure everyone here has come to expect a certain level consistency!

Next up, animations! So I've been ceaselessly chasing after this - how on earth can I do animations when one frame takes hours in Daz3D? A simple 1 second animation (24 frames per second) would take a week to render! Not to mention my machine is essentially frozen for the entire duration of the render.

But then 2 weeks ago saw the launch of Blender 2.8, it's a massive massive upgrade. The last time an update this big came out was about 9 years ago, so I've been doing some tests in it and yowza. I'm getting real-time feedback (like a game engine), and while the real time render is not as pristine as a proper Daz3D render, it's more then sufficient for our needs. Even taking reflective surfaces into considerations (the bane of any raytraced renders) it's blazing fast. I'm talking instead of 2-4 hours per render, it's now just mins. :mindblown:

It does come with some setup costs though - every single model needs to imported into blender, and the textures and shaders re-setup for it to render. Human characters will also require rigging setup, face blend shapes, body blend shapes, plus the aforementioned shader/texture setup. That is to say, there is no way we're gonna be able to fit this into this update.
I might be considering doing a 0.5 update (AFTER this current update is done) just to introduce some animations into our current scenes. Lets see how that goes, if it takes way too long I'll just focus on the next update instead. But still this is exciting news! I can see the possibilities!

Reactions: wratxier

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Progress Update

Good Sunday everyone, wouldn't you know it it's September already! Time really files when you're busy!
So last week's poll gave some me some concrete answers to the kind of pinups to show here, I'll be trying my best to reserve the best for the game and not give away too much here!

Back to the actual progress update - Another batch of scenes done, and are ready for rendering, we're getting a bit of a branching path worked into this update - some content are exclusive to each path. So you'll want to start getting judicious with your save files soon! It also means we're doing double work for the same amount of story progression, I'm hoping everyone will like this!

Full sexier version of the update banner to be posted soon!

Hang in there everyone, we're getting there!

Mar 30, 2019

Progress Update

Good Sunday everyone, wouldn't you know it it's September already! Time really files when you're busy!
So last week's poll gave some me some concrete answers to the kind of pinups to show here, I'll be trying my best to reserve the best for the game and not give away too much here!

Back to the actual progress update - Another batch of scenes done, and are ready for rendering, we're getting a bit of a branching path worked into this update - some content are exclusive to each path. So you'll want to start getting judicious with your save files soon! It also means we're doing double work for the same amount of story progression, I'm hoping everyone will like this!

Full sexier version of the update banner to be posted soon!

Hang in there everyone, we're getting there!
Great news! Can't wait :-O

KiGa

꧁THC꧂
Respected User
Aug 5, 2017

Progress Update
Hey folks, time for another update! We're reaching the end of this dev cycle now, with just a few scenes left to go! I've put more effort into the amount of renders we get per scene to bring us closer to the characters.
What does that mean exactly? Long time players of VNs will surely notice that sometimes you get wall-to-wall text describing a sequence of events/actions....without actually showing you any of it! Sometimes this is necessary to keep the story moving at a reasonable pace, but sometimes this also happens in story critical moments. I've been trying to identify moments like these and adding more renders to show the action better.
When this release is done I'm probably gonna take a step back and look at places where I might have overdone it - your thoughts here would be really helpful to help inform my creative choices. I'll likely make a poll after reach release just to get a sense of how people are feeling.
Thanks for taking time out to read this, we're finally near the end!

Dec 30, 2018
I really like this game, can't wait for more, but it's been 3+ months without an update so I have a weird feeling that quality and size of the next update will determine this game's fate. 18 pages of comments, 8 reviews after 7 months, it doesn't look well right now, this game need a great update for more publicity.

Reactions: xxx2 and Kermit79

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope everyone had a great week, sorry I couldn't post this earlier, there was batch of renders I really wanted to get out and that pretty much paralyzed my machine until it was done.
We're reaching the point where I'm just focused on churning out shots, good news though, we're on the last scene! After which it's just rendering everything and implementing the script and code in the branching paths! I've already done the ground work for this though so fingers crossed, this will be out soon! I'm already starting to plan for the release after this one. So much story to tell, so little time to do them!

Thanks for your attention, I'll see everyone again next week!
Happy Sunday everyone! I hope everyone had a great week, sorry I couldn't post this earlier, there was batch of renders I really wanted to get out and that pretty much paralyzed my machine until it was done.

We're reaching the point where I'm just focused on churning out shots, good news though, we're on the last scene! After which it's just rendering everything and implementing the script and code in the branching paths! I've already done the ground work for this though so fingers crossed, this will be out soon! I'm already starting to plan for the release after this one. So much story to tell, so little time to do them!

Thanks for your attention, I'll see everyone again next week!

Welcome back to the final weeks of this update!
Good god, has another week went by already?? But..I still have so much to do!
One subject has pique my interest these weeks - and that's transition scenes, interstitial scenes that occurs between one main event with the next. Their uses is of great interest to me as a storytelling tool, or rather, in the case of most visual games, the lack thereof.
Precious few are those where the story gives you a solid grounding in the physical location of your characters - often times the author will simply yank the audience from one location to the next with little though given to the traversal. Even fewer are those who uses these seemingly 'boring' moments to introduce character moments, to let our audience understand our characters at a deeper level. Mundane as it might be.
In my opinion, the mundane exists to give contrast to the more colourful moments. And who's to say we can't use those moments to foreshadow a future event, or just have a bonding moment?
Of course, there are no set rules in storytelling, and breaking them sometimes makes for an amazing moment, but as a general rule, yanking your audience all over the place exhausts their attention and is a rude break in immersion.
Thanks for sticking with me for another week! Still lighting and posing the very last scene now, fingers crossed I can get this done in a week and next stop - final renders!
Have a great week.
Welcome back to the final weeks of this update!

Good god, has another week went by already?? But..I still have so much to do!

One subject has pique my interest these weeks - and that's transition scenes, interstitial scenes that occurs between one main event with the next. Their uses is of great interest to me as a storytelling tool, or rather, in the case of most visual games, the lack thereof.

Precious few are those where the story gives you a solid grounding in the physical location of your characters - often times the author will simply yank the audience from one location to the next with little though given to the traversal. Even fewer are those who uses these seemingly 'boring' moments to introduce character moments, to let our audience understand our characters at a deeper level. Mundane as it might be.

In my opinion, the mundane exists to give contrast to the more colourful moments. And who's to say we can't use those moments to foreshadow a future event, or just have a bonding moment?

Of course, there are no set rules in storytelling, and breaking them sometimes makes for an amazing moment, but as a general rule, yanking your audience all over the place exhausts their attention and is a rude break in immersion.

Thanks for sticking with me for another week! Still lighting and posing the very last scene now, fingers crossed I can get this done in a week and next stop - final renders!

Have a great week.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Sneak peek!

Just a quick sneak peek as I start working through the last scenes today. I'm gonna be here allll night. There's multiple branching paths in this update and everything needs to be rendered! The paths aren't long but figuring out the routes and story behind has been time consuming. That's not including the major love/corruption paths either. These are just smaller minor branches within the story - I think I haven't turned off my machine in months!

Patreon update to come later tomorrow!

Reactions: wratxier

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Hey all, it's been a busy week for me, with multiple renders going out every night as I crunch through this last bit!
Well at last I can say the posing and lighting is finally done! That really took much longer then I thought it would, owned in no small part to the larger amount of renders, higher quality renders, and my incessant nitpicking even when it meant I had to redo large parts of my renders.

So, what's next? For one, nightly renders will still be going out - we have about 200+ shots this time (compared to just over 100 last time), of these about 160 are rendered, so about 40+ to go.

I'm not gonna just sit and wait for the renders though, its time to integrate all the assets into renpy and start going through my scripts and rewriting it. I wish I could go faster - there's still so much story to tell and we all want to get to the end!

Stay tuned! We're almost there.

Have a great week.

3.50 star(s) 57 Votes