Carvangar

Jul 9, 2017
Played through teh game and wow, its kinda long, or rather most games I play have tiny amounts of content. :p Great game, animations are fantastic, plot is kinda interesting. Only negative point is there is a lot of needless dialgoue going on. :)

Can't wait for the next patch. :D

Also... Who needs to read a book to know how to tie two wires together then tape them up? That whole section was just laughable. :D

Reactions: caracute524

Creme De La Pants

Jul 3, 2020
I figured it out just as I was about to give up. I had to equip the knife from the menu to start the expedition. Seems obvious now, but being new to the mechanics of the game it was not. This could be solved with one simple note or rewording that says "Equip knife in the menu in order to start expedition."

• Red Heart
Reactions: caracute524

Saber1995

Jan 17, 2018
the tunnel says u-2 or w.e is last but i cant seem to get to it, also cant read the flood manual no matter what i try.

Creme De La Pants

Jul 3, 2020
So I learned how to use magic to fight the shadow raids, used it in one fight and now I can no longer click it, which means I cannot clear the forest of the shadow raids. Any tips?

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
the tunnel says u-2 or w.e is last but i cant seem to get to it, also cant read the flood manual no matter what i try.
Have you tried reading it in the evening? Living room clicking on books

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
1630937894896.png

MIST 0.7.2 finally released. There were quite a few bugs caused by the early game rework and the Ren'Py version change, but most of it is fixable and as the current version is 0.7.2b I already got rid of a few. Next is update 0.8 that will finally start us off into the next arc of the game. That means new content.

Before that though, I warmly welcome all new Patrons. thanks for coming on board and supporting me in the development of Mist. The same obviously goes to all existing Patrons.

Everything new:

• I started writing the dialogue and quests for the new update.
  • I animated and rendered the first scene.
  • I changed the fishing spot in the forest to now have a little fishing minigame that is based on some timed inputs. It is simple enough to be done with one hand, but is just a bit nicer than what it was before.
  • I started fixing bugs.
  • And I started adjusting some old lines of Lily's dialogue. I am gonna do that to a few lines of her, to change her background a little bit to make more sense in the game, but it is not nearly as big as the changes were for Robin. I am not trying to end up in a loop of constant reworks, I am just gonna adjust her backstory now and be done with it.
So I am finally back to developing new content. I am kinda excited about it tbh. Refining and tweaking can be fun, but it quickly gets a bit boring. New animations, scenes, dialogue is just more engaging.

I am obviously gonna have to do a bunch of bugfixes though as 0.7.2 came with a lot of problems. Which I expected, but it is still annoying. Sorry for any inconviences or lost saves it caused you. I hope you can still keep playing by starting anew or with the saves I've provided. Messing with the version compatibility always sucks, but I saw no other choice this time. The early game is now a lot better in my opinion and I had to do the switch from Ren'Py 7.3.5 to 7.4.5 sooner or later.

That said, I am off developing and I wish all of you a good time. You'll hear from me again. Until then, stay safe!

BastardX

May 13, 2018
in the room where you find glassware ( room with bodies in the glass containers)....should be 3rd one

Here

View attachment 1390696
Ok i guess there is a problem with the third document because i must got it but its reading isnt seem to be registering. Thanks again for the info and if anyone knows why the third document isnt working please tell that would be nice.

Aug 5, 2017
  • I changed the fishing spot in the forest to now have a little fishing minigame that is based on some timed inputs. It is simple enough to be done with one hand, but is just a bit nicer than what it was before.

I am obviously gonna have to do a bunch of bugfixes though as 0.7.2 came with a lot of problems. Which I expected, but it is still annoying. Sorry for any inconviences or lost saves it caused you. I hope you can still keep playing by starting anew or with the saves I've provided. Messing with the version compatibility always sucks, but I saw no other choice this time. The early game is now a lot better in my opinion and I had to do the switch from Ren'Py 7.3.5 to 7.4.5 sooner or later.
The fishing changes weren't clear (if they're even active?) you just click and after a few seconds you get a fish small/normal/large automatically.

But I took the time to do a full runthrough (cheating stamina and attack to skip the grind, sorry) and everything flowed well.

One bug I noticed: the "new" dialogue options for 'spend time with the girls' were greyed out since I'd played before, so it was really hard to tell which ones I'd already seen. It looks like the chosen flag is in persistent store instead of the current save in custom_screens.rpy, so replaying or even reloading from an earlier save is tougher than it should be, since the various scenes don't unlock unless you've spent time with the girl but they all look like they're done already. I ended up checking what flags I was missing in the debugger but most people won't be doing that.

Overall a really smooth experience, I ran from start of game to the final cutscene and unlocked all the galleries on the way.

iRoxor

Oct 29, 2017
v0.7.2b really doesn't like something about v0.7.1, it kept crashing on launch because it failed to load a member (aPosition) of some shader object.

Had to do a complete wipe of the game to get it to start up. I'm guessing there's some remnant file that's incompatible with the new RenPy version - not something a simple copy-paste-overwrite process can fix.

So, if anybody comes across a traceback.txt that looks like this:
1630961170343.png

Delete the entire game directory and extract the .rar/.zip file anew. Your saves will still be intact because they are stored in "%APPDATA%\RenPy\ProjectMist...".

Reactions: DOM76210

iRoxor

Oct 29, 2017
On another note, I just re-played through the intro and I'm not entirely sure I like the rewrite for Robin all too much. It feels a lot more natural and human that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The best part about writing the story in that manner was
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's far more compelling and is exactly the style of character development that I want to experience.

But in its new current state, it feels no different than the shovelpile of other "meet girl and we're already fucking because I'm the MC" hentai that we've seen time and time again. Way too rushed. Definitely a downgrade in my opinion.

Solince

Jun 22, 2021
So i just updated the game and now i keep getting replays of scenes with robin every time i try to go to my bedroom, it just goes through 3 scenes over and over again. it wont let me do anything else and its draining my food supply by advancing days after the scenes are finished..

SSlayer

Nov 5, 2017
So i just updated the game and now i keep getting replays of scenes with robin every time i try to go to my bedroom, it just goes through 3 scenes over and over again. it wont let me do anything else and its draining my food supply by advancing days after the scenes are finished..
There's an infinite loop within the latest update once the scene starts with robin's morning bj. I suggest playing the previous version before this update to pass that scene, save and return to the updated version till a bug fix is provided.

Reactions: Solince

Solince

Jun 22, 2021
There's an infinite loop within the latest update once the scene starts with robin's morning bj. I suggest playing the previous version before this update to pass that scene, save and return to the updated version till a bug fix is provided.
Will do, thanks for the help.

Reactions: SSlayer

Legal1709

Aug 25, 2019
Just wanted to say here that this game is great but I didn't enjoy much the h-content (besides 1 scene of mia doggy and noreia) I liked more for the exploration

4.60 star(s) 695 Votes