Neobrakeon

Apr 21, 2018
I have a problem with the new update
The "Day off" keeps repeating, even though I click on the event it doesn't mark it as complete.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Cumshots are important. We all know that. They are just fun and a must at the end of a scene. But in 3D they are actually quite difficult. In this Dev Log I will be talking about fluid simulations, why I never used them before and why I hope that I will be able to make decent looking cumshots in the future.
Animating fluids is not that simple in 3D. It is quite difficult in fact. I've tried out a bunch of things and looked at many different approaches, but never got a satisfying result. It might be that I am still lacking the skill or the methods were bad or I didn't copy it correctly. Or even all 3 of them together.
Not that difficult, really. Use screen space fluids, which also removes the need for rendering the fluids in 3D.
Fx Flip Fluids (Blender) or this:
This is what the more serious 3D games do.

What you have now looks like ice cream, and it's way too round. Other than that, the artwork looks good.

BTW it's a lot easier to animate in DAZ. You can export your characters and do all that there faster. DAZ supports filament now which is pretty much realtime rendering.

But I am thinking ... you're going to a great length to get good 3D. I find it a shame to go with something so out of date as renpy.
In fact, you could do your story using the free visual novel editor for Unreal, for example, and then get REAL 3D and the animations would be easier as long as you have them done.

LegendKing23

Feb 15, 2019
Wait. I just came back to this game after so long and now i want to play it because it was really good but why is this have bukkake tag? Isn't that tag used for you know multiple dudes cumming on a girl? That kinda stuff not in the game right because mc is the only dude around and it's a harem game where you get all the girls? Or is it because he cums a lot on a girl? Last time i played was waaayy back then where second girl was introduced where you see the girl and fall down from the elevator it was something like that.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Wait. I just came back to this game after so long and now i want to play it because it was really good but why is this have bukkake tag? Isn't that tag used for you know multiple dudes cumming on a girl? That kinda stuff not in the game right because mc is the only dude around and it's a harem game where you get all the girls? Or is it because he cums a lot on a girl? Last time i played was waaayy back then where second girl was introduced where you see the girl and fall down from the elevator it was something like that.
It's miss tagged, there is a scene where the MC cums a bunch on all the girls. I've seen a few games getting that tag for just facials recently. There is only one guy in this game (unless you include the shadow monsters, but they are dickless monsters, so yeah).

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
It's miss tagged, there is a scene where the MC cums a bunch on all the girls. I've seen a few games getting that tag for just facials recently. There is only one guy in this game (unless you include the shadow monsters, but they are dickless monsters, so yeah).
True, that scene is there but I thought the bukkake tag didn't applied when is only one guy, good to know thanks JoeTheMC84. :)

Reactions: JoeTheMC84
Mar 3, 2022
Not played the game for a few updates, but after downloading and unzipping the mega link, the game then says files are missing and the only file in the game folder is archives and nothing else. Game won't start. Any info?

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Not played the game for a few updates, but after downloading and unzipping the mega link, the game then says files are missing and the only file in the game folder is archives and nothing else. Game won't start. Any info?
Looks like an issue occurred when you unzipped the file, could be due to your decompressor software need to be updated I've had the same problem and I used Zipeg and everything went well. :)

Mar 3, 2022
Looks like an issue occurred when you unzipped the file, could be due to your decompressor software need to be updated I've had the same problem and I used Zipeg and everything went well. :)
Cheers man. I've been using the same unzip program for years and never had issues. But when the next update comes out I'll redownload that and try a new unzip program. Cheers for the info.

Reactions: Dylan741

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Cheers man. I've been using the same unzip program for years and never had issues. But when the next update comes out I'll redownload that and try a new unzip program. Cheers for the info.
You're welcome, for me it was the same never had an issue until last year, then I switched and everything go smooth.
Probably is something related to the dimension of the file and how they were compressed, like if I need to unzip a small file like a patch or a mod I have no issue, but with bigger fils is either an error during the unzipping or the file result corrupted after the decompression. :)

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Monday Update 76.jpg

Two weeks have passed and here I'm back with another Monday Update. I have some things to say so let's just get into it.

Everything new:

I finished the polishing of the dialog from 0.8.1 and 0.8.2.And I made the little changes to the early game that I talked about, trying to give Robin some personality back.I've also started working on the new content and have finished the first big event that took a surprisingly large amount of renders and animations.Meanwhile I'm almost done with the first animation of the update. I'm probably gonna release a little teaser on Discord and Twitter in the next few days.I also implemented fixes for little bugs that were reported to me.On top of that I also remade the banner for Itch.Io and F95Zone to be a bit more interesting, at least in my opinion.And, I also took some time off. Just playing Elden Ring.

As some of you might remember I recently took a week off to visit family in a different part of germany. The first time away from my computer for more than one or two days in the last three years. It felt a bit weird and I was unreasonably afraid of a gamebreaking evil bug suddenly appearing and completely ruining the game for everyone while I wouldn't be able to fix it, but of course that didn't happen. Instead what happened is that I had a pretty good time and was really relaxed. Way too relaxed. I haven't felt that calm in years...

A week later I was back home and the calmness was gone. Immediately. My taxes annoy me, insurance annoys me even more, whenever I'm not working I just lay around don't knowing what to do, I order way too much takeout even though cooking is actually one of my hobbies and I even felt a bit out of touch with the game recently. I wasn't able to focus as usual and my sense for pacing and timing where out of whack and... I think... I am overworked guys.

For some of you this is probably not very surprising, same for me if I'm honest. But it still took a loooong time to really sink in. The past three years I spent every single day pushing myself to improve my skills further and further. And the effort paid off. If you compare my old work to what I'm doing now it's pretty obvious how far I've come. But constantly working at my limits is tiring. And my batteries finally ran out. So I made a decision. I need to make some changes and I want to let you guys know what they are.

First of all. Things aren't really so bad. I'm not taking about a clinical burnout here. I'm just tired. The development of MIST won't be slowing down. There is no need to. MIST isn't the reason I'm tired. The reason I'm tired is because I'm always pushing myself to grow and that has to stop. At least for a while. I think the quality of my graphics and of the game in general is good enough to relax for the moment and just develop with the skills I already have. Especially because I've already improved in many areas past the level of what you know from MIST, but because I'm obviously not gonna remake the entire game you're gonna have to wait for the future to see that but... That is a different story.

My point is that I need to take things a bit slower. MIST is gonna be developed like usual and I'm gonna be learning new stuff like as always, but I'm not gonna be trying to push myself like a maniac anymore. That also means in the case that I need to decide between pulling an allnighter or releasing an update a day later I'm gonna be choosing a day later from now on. That is all from me for this week.

I hope you have a good week! You're gonna hear from me again in two weeks, and I'm also gonna be writing another Devlog sometime soon. Until then, stay safe!

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
View attachment 1715609

Two weeks have passed and here I'm back with another Monday Update. I have some things to say so let's just get into it.

Everything new:

I finished the polishing of the dialog from 0.8.1 and 0.8.2.And I made the little changes to the early game that I talked about, trying to give Robin some personality back.I've also started working on the new content and have finished the first big event that took a surprisingly large amount of renders and animations.Meanwhile I'm almost done with the first animation of the update. I'm probably gonna release a little teaser on Discord and Twitter in the next few days.I also implemented fixes for little bugs that were reported to me.On top of that I also remade the banner for Itch.Io and F95Zone to be a bit more interesting, at least in my opinion.And, I also took some time off. Just playing Elden Ring.

As some of you might remember I recently took a week off to visit family in a different part of germany. The first time away from my computer for more than one or two days in the last three years. It felt a bit weird and I was unreasonably afraid of a gamebreaking evil bug suddenly appearing and completely ruining the game for everyone while I wouldn't be able to fix it, but of course that didn't happen. Instead what happened is that I had a pretty good time and was really relaxed. Way too relaxed. I haven't felt that calm in years...

A week later I was back home and the calmness was gone. Immediately. My taxes annoy me, insurance annoys me even more, whenever I'm not working I just lay around don't knowing what to do, I order way too much takeout even though cooking is actually one of my hobbies and I even felt a bit out of touch with the game recently. I wasn't able to focus as usual and my sense for pacing and timing where out of whack and... I think... I am overworked guys.

For some of you this is probably not very surprising, same for me if I'm honest. But it still took a loooong time to really sink in. The past three years I spent every single day pushing myself to improve my skills further and further. And the effort paid off. If you compare my old work to what I'm doing now it's pretty obvious how far I've come. But constantly working at my limits is tiring. And my batteries finally ran out. So I made a decision. I need to make some changes and I want to let you guys know what they are.

First of all. Things aren't really so bad. I'm not taking about a clinical burnout here. I'm just tired. The development of MIST won't be slowing down. There is no need to. MIST isn't the reason I'm tired. The reason I'm tired is because I'm always pushing myself to grow and that has to stop. At least for a while. I think the quality of my graphics and of the game in general is good enough to relax for the moment and just develop with the skills I already have. Especially because I've already improved in many areas past the level of what you know from MIST, but because I'm obviously not gonna remake the entire game you're gonna have to wait for the future to see that but... That is a different story.

My point is that I need to take things a bit slower. MIST is gonna be developed like usual and I'm gonna be learning new stuff like as always, but I'm not gonna be trying to push myself like a maniac anymore. That also means in the case that I need to decide between pulling an allnighter or releasing an update a day later I'm gonna be choosing a day later from now on. That is all from me for this week.

I hope you have a good week! You're gonna hear from me again in two weeks, and I'm also gonna be writing another Devlog sometime soon. Until then, stay safe!
Thank you some much for sharing this news with us as always Pitrik, I wish Rathieu best of luck and to take care and don't overexert himself. :)

andrevitex

Jun 1, 2020
I AM stuck in the mission to catch a fish.
Im trying to catch a fish Like since forever.
And i cant find any other girl.

4.60 star(s) 690 Votes