Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
View attachment 1715609

Two weeks have passed and here I'm back with another Monday Update. I have some things to say so let's just get into it.

Everything new:

I finished the polishing of the dialog from 0.8.1 and 0.8.2.And I made the little changes to the early game that I talked about, trying to give Robin some personality back.I've also started working on the new content and have finished the first big event that took a surprisingly large amount of renders and animations.Meanwhile I'm almost done with the first animation of the update. I'm probably gonna release a little teaser on Discord and Twitter in the next few days.I also implemented fixes for little bugs that were reported to me.On top of that I also remade the banner for Itch.Io and F95Zone to be a bit more interesting, at least in my opinion.And, I also took some time off. Just playing Elden Ring.

As some of you might remember I recently took a week off to visit family in a different part of germany. The first time away from my computer for more than one or two days in the last three years. It felt a bit weird and I was unreasonably afraid of a gamebreaking evil bug suddenly appearing and completely ruining the game for everyone while I wouldn't be able to fix it, but of course that didn't happen. Instead what happened is that I had a pretty good time and was really relaxed. Way too relaxed. I haven't felt that calm in years...

A week later I was back home and the calmness was gone. Immediately. My taxes annoy me, insurance annoys me even more, whenever I'm not working I just lay around don't knowing what to do, I order way too much takeout even though cooking is actually one of my hobbies and I even felt a bit out of touch with the game recently. I wasn't able to focus as usual and my sense for pacing and timing where out of whack and... I think... I am overworked guys.

For some of you this is probably not very surprising, same for me if I'm honest. But it still took a loooong time to really sink in. The past three years I spent every single day pushing myself to improve my skills further and further. And the effort paid off. If you compare my old work to what I'm doing now it's pretty obvious how far I've come. But constantly working at my limits is tiring. And my batteries finally ran out. So I made a decision. I need to make some changes and I want to let you guys know what they are.

First of all. Things aren't really so bad. I'm not taking about a clinical burnout here. I'm just tired. The development of MIST won't be slowing down. There is no need to. MIST isn't the reason I'm tired. The reason I'm tired is because I'm always pushing myself to grow and that has to stop. At least for a while. I think the quality of my graphics and of the game in general is good enough to relax for the moment and just develop with the skills I already have. Especially because I've already improved in many areas past the level of what you know from MIST, but because I'm obviously not gonna remake the entire game you're gonna have to wait for the future to see that but... That is a different story.

My point is that I need to take things a bit slower. MIST is gonna be developed like usual and I'm gonna be learning new stuff like as always, but I'm not gonna be trying to push myself like a maniac anymore. That also means in the case that I need to decide between pulling an allnighter or releasing an update a day later I'm gonna be choosing a day later from now on. That is all from me for this week.

I hope you have a good week! You're gonna hear from me again in two weeks, and I'm also gonna be writing another Devlog sometime soon. Until then, stay safe!
Honestly, the Dude needs a real holiday :coffee::coffee:.

Reactions: BegoneThrot

layer1avn

Aug 24, 2021
I AM stuck in the mission to catch a fish.
Im trying to catch a fish Like since forever.
And i cant find any other girl.
Rollback works while fishing, just so you know. If it's the quest to bring Robin(I think?) a 'big fish' for supper, catching a fish of any size will work.

Reactions: andrevitex

JeanRandom

Jan 16, 2021
Hello guys , i have 0.8.1 version currently and i want to know if 0.8.2 add some amount of content or is it just some bug/minor adjustements?

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Then I will continue my slumber....
Considering we literally play each day that goes by, you do realize how long it takes for a woman to being to show right? It's barely been about a little over 1 to 1-1/2 months since we meet Robin, and certainly less than that since she confirms she's pregnant.

chickenfuck

Sep 12, 2018
Considering we literally play each day that goes by, you do realize how long it takes for a woman to being to show right? It's barely been about a little over 1 to 1-1/2 months since we meet Robin, and certainly less than that since she confirms she's pregnant.
Don't care. Just wanna give pretty ladies babies.

• Haha
Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Don't care. Just wanna give pretty ladies babies.
That's fine, but you know unless you play 23 sisters, for instant pregnancy/preggo sex, that's gonna take a while to happen, lol. For the record, all your ladies want to have your baby, and so far only one is confirmed pregnant, even though they've all been getting creampie'd left and right, so there's that at least, but I doubt we'll see any baby bumps till after the epilogue if at all.

Reactions: Dylan741

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
That's fine, but you know unless you play 23 sisters, for instant pregnancy/preggo sex, that's gonna take a while to happen, lol. For the record, all your ladies want to have your baby, and so far only one is confirmed pregnant, even though they've all been getting creampie'd left and right, so there's that at least, but I doubt we'll see any baby bumps till after the epilogue if at all.
Agreed, considering the promise the MC and Mia made in the cave I don't think we will see anything before the director will be defeated. :)

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
I really hope the remaining 3 girls will all get pregnant as well very soon because let's be real... they are all fucking like rabbits so it's bound to happen sooner or later (hopefully sooner). I also hope we'll see a full belly for all 4 of them and that it doesn't just stop there with an ending scene. Them being pregnant and giving birth during the story would be perfect and preferable in my opinion as I really dislike those low effort pregnancy endings a lot of games have.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Noreia'd probably be a good way to do it. That said, pregnancy content should only be present if the story allows for pregnancy content to be present, and Dev-kun wants it there. "I just wanna knock 'em up" isn't enough, for a narrative-heavy game like this.

I don't think it's explicitly counter to the narrative to involve a baby bump, but I do think it's a bit orthogonal.

4.60 star(s) 693 Votes