c3907970

Aug 14, 2022
It is so disappointed , I think the Steam standard is not done well, it's a bit like the YT yellow label problem, many companies have this kind of problem. Sometimes two people have done the same content, but only one person is banned, it's really weird.

But like other one have said, maybe the author's game was banned this time because Mia's character details were not made (?), which made Steam make a judgment on "appearance" and "comment" ,and the game was banned.

I hope Steam can give this game another chance, it is not a big problem, Just need to give Mia's real age.(Other ones don't need to :( )
Making a game and want to publish it is difficult ,there is so many detail you really need to be careful.

Man, I wish you could publish your game again, it's really good and shouldn't be buried.

Edit: Mia age is no problem, author has clearly stated at the beginning of the game that all characters are over 18 years old. This confuses me even more...

Last edited:

Deathcon1000

Jun 12, 2022
Unfortunately, everyone they hire at steam to review games now, seem to be of the type to ban first and ignore any and all questions that a dev may have as to why. I had this wishlisted already, so as soon as it disappeared from my steam wishlist I popped over to the banned spreadsheet and lo and behold, this one was removed. The surprising part of this, is if it only had to do with Mia, it would have gotten a hard ban immediately. Never would have even gotten a store page, such as chaos head noah, guilty pleasures, altered destinies, etc,etc,etc. The fact it got a store page and had it removed seems to say it was originally accepted, and then someone higher up the chain said to ban it. Regrettably, this is now the steam modus operandi. Personally, if they accepted the japanese VN Senren Banka, then the one girl in that one is pretty much the same type as Mia in this game, yet this one gets banned and that one didn't. Mind you it was released quite awhile ago, when the standards weren't so high. A general rule seems to be absolutely no school setting, and anybody with an A-cup is immediately considered a child. I bet if Mia had a D-cup on her, everything would have been fine.

But, since this is steam, the right hand never knows what the left hand is doing, and until they make rules that don't have a generalization or a "personal" opinion to them, great games like this will continue to join that growing list of banned games that get bigger every day. Meanwhile, we get thousands of $2.00 games with stolen artwork, or 8-bit games that a 50 year old would think has shitty graphics, and hell we can murder, dismember, rape, have incest, and dominate anyone we bloody well please, but that's okay right?? A game is a game, none of it is real life, so really nothing should be banned as far as I'm concerned.

You have an amazing game here and I am heartbroken that it won't see the light of day on steam, but I will continue to support you as best that I can. And hopefully there will come a time when the moron's at steam will get their proverbial heads out of their asses and realize that WE the people are the ones that make their platform, as without us, they would have nothing. It's really too bad that something like that can't be taken to court. First time someone successfully sues their asses for a few million in lost revenue for their game getting banned for no reason, then I'll dance a jig!!!

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jul 13, 2017
Sounds like what we were going through when patreon started banning everything...
Some banker saw a game image and said "HEY! That girl's body looks like what my 15 y.o. daughter's does!" *whoops, and how would he know what it looks like?* and suddenly, the "BanHammer" slams down. SOMEBODY reported your game, I'll lay ya odds on that. Some stuck up, frustrated, morally corrupt, asshat that wants to bang his RL 15 Y.O. said that your game depicted just what his mind was imagining him doing in RL, and hence... the ban. :censored:

395games_Rathieu

Developer of Mist and Covenant of Morn.
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
Sounds like what we were going through when patreon started banning everything...
Some banker saw a game image and said "HEY! That girl's body looks like what my 15 y.o. daughter's does!" *whoops, and how would he know what it looks like?* and suddenly, the "BanHammer" slams down. SOMEBODY reported your game, I'll lay ya odds on that. Some stuck up, frustrated, morally corrupt, asshat that wants to bang his RL 15 Y.O. said that your game depicted just what his mind was imagining him doing in RL, and hence... the ban. :censored:
That's kinda what it feels like. The page had been up for so long already including sex animations with Mia in them. It wasn't a problem until I asked them why it took them so long to approve my final build, then it got insta banned. I was amazed at their speed : D

PunkHooligan

Onion Ninja
Donor
Aug 10, 2020
Steam just informed me that they banned my game because it depicts "sexual acts with a minor" aka Mia. I'm kinda lost right now. She has a petite body type but she really isn't depicted as a minor at all. I don't know if I'm just blind to this stuff cause I read too much hentai but I really feel like she is perfectly fine...

I'm not sure. Gonna write to support and try to clear it up, but they didn't even talk to me first, just banned the game immediately. Don't think I have high chances of getting this fixed. That's a real bummer. Not only because of the money, I was also looking forward to my own game on Steam...
That's so fckn sad.

Heavenlet

Jul 28, 2018
Damn, those are sad news. Can't say I didn't see it coming, though - was only a matter of time with how platforms operate now.

Don't think Mia ever came off as a minor to anyone and her playing into it(the whole being small thing) only made her scenes all the more better, as it is her strength and playing into it can only be good. Very glad you weren't cowardly about it as it ultimately made Mia the best character imo combined with her overall great personality that made the player excited for every new interaction. Unfortunately, not much of a ground to negotiate on now, especially with how silent they were.

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
It wasn't a problem until I asked them why it took them so long to approve my final build
That's probably the answer right there, I'm assuming anyways. Like, someone got mad at you for asking and banned your game for it. The whole adult stuff is weird on Steam. Some games need patches, some do not. Summer with Mia Season 1 is on there, but the second Season is banned, etc.

Hopefully everything gets resolved and your game gets back onto Steam. Sorry you and your game have to deal with this, especially from out of nowhere. This world sure is pretty ass backwards.

Mar 29, 2021
Steam just informed me that they banned my game because it depicts "sexual acts with a minor" aka Mia. I'm kinda lost right now. She has a petite body type but she really isn't depicted as a minor at all. I don't know if I'm just blind to this stuff cause I read too much hentai but I really feel like she is perfectly fine...

I'm not sure. Gonna write to support and try to clear it up, but they didn't even talk to me first, just banned the game immediately. Don't think I have high chances of getting this fixed. That's a real bummer. Not only because of the money, I was also looking forward to my own game on Steam...
I'm very sad to hear that, I hope they will revert the decision, but it's hard to tell, especially if they used the unfair "[...] This app has been banned and cannot be reused. Re-submissions of this app, even with modifications, will not be accepted.", otherwise, since it was initially accepted, maybe there is still a little hope, assuming that you can have at least a dialogue with them :rolleyes:

It is quite well known that, shockingly and blatantly, since they started allowing them, they unprofessionally apply subjective double standard for the selection of adult games to be published, thanks also to the lack of clear public rules of reference. The most recent article on the subject I found is this: , and it isn't even about a real uncensored adult game :mad:

Last edited:

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jul 13, 2017
This world is so fucked up, when it comes to depictions of things in games and films/tv shows...
We can see people with heads blown open, brains scattered, limbs torn off, blood everywhere and that is fine... Oh, they'll put a little warning on it saying "contains graphic violence" and "Not for under 17" and shit like that, but show a naked body, or 2 people having sex, or a "petite" person doing "adult" things and suddenly, you're the Devil incarnate and must be destroyed.

And ssjgssj's comment on "western shit" is SOOOO not the case... Just look at japan's censorship laws, and what they allow in their games/films/tv shows, and what they don't. Rape and loli's and such are fine... but OH NO, don't let our innocent eyes actually see the genitals... "fucking idiocy*

Apr 22, 2019
That's really a bs. Other games like Subverse(bad game tbh) have bestiality or whatever I can recall and still they've nothing against it because it's a huge project. Or what about Dlsite English? I'm sure there no one would ban it. Anyway sorry to hear that and I hope it'll work without problems using other platforms.

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
I always thought my game was pretty vanilla. A ban on steam is surprising.
It is. Just put a disclaimer in the splash screen saying that all characters depicted in the story are over the age of 18. Then resubmit it to steam for re-release. If they don't like that then tell them to go pound salt.

Seriously though, I think this is just dumb that you would even have to do this. None of the characters really look that young in my opinion. Mia could easily pass for a high school graduate so at least 18.

I'm thinking the person who banned you on steam might not be able to tell the difference between children and adults (or they could just be trying to hide what they are really into a little too hard)so they want everyone to look like they are 40+ so they don't have to think.

Reactions: The D0n and whohzz

whohzz

Jun 10, 2021
The same problem as Under the Witch. After some modifications, it launched on steam as Hero's Journey

4.60 star(s) 673 Votes