estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Cheat mods and gallery mod ain't working.
I put it in /game folder ofcs
Yup, I see the gallery mod makes an error and the cheat mod just doesn't show up.

I don't know what to say about the gallery mod, it just doesn't work.

I assume the person who made the cheat mod tried to attach their button the quick menu, and I have my own quick menu so that isn't gonna work either. Not sure because I wasn't able to decompile their mod to find out.

I say just play the game and enjoy it, set the thing to Feast at the very beginning and then it isn't so grindy.

Reactions: Raffro

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
From Discord : BIG SPOILER: The image shows one of the new characters I haven't introduced yet. I originally didn't want to share this WIP render as it was just a test to see how the lighting looks, but I just liked it too much to simply delete it. Also 4K.

SPOILER_guillotine02.png

PapaSnabes1

Feb 15, 2020
This game is pretty great overall... but I gotta say, seems that there is a LOT more "flavorful content" for Mia than the other girls... by like, a lot...

With MC being all about "proving that they are equal" and "stopping the jealousy Mia is showing" at first... all he's doing by showing favoritism to one girl so much is making it worse in the long run. Just a thought.

Still great game overall though.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018

Diary of Morn #04 | Making the City

This time I'm back with a timelapse. As last time the video contains some inevitable spoilers, be aware. This timelapse shows how I've made one of the new environments of the new game and gives a first glimpse of how the city in which Children of Morn will be set, looks like. But arriving at this point was also a journey in and of itself. So in todays post I want to talk about the architectural design for the city in which this new game will take place in and how I got there.

Also a quick progress update for those who only want to know how far along I'm with the development. Just yesterday I finished the last big environment for version 0.1. That means the graphics are pretty much taken care of, a huge step towards a playable game, as the graphics are the biggest bottleneck in game development! And now on to the diary entry.

Time and Place
From the very beginning I knew that I wanted Children of Morn to be set in an urban environment. A grand, bustling city. But I also knew that I didn't want that city to be modern. My early ideas were especially inspired by the Ghibli movie Kiki's Delivery Service. I really liked that oldtimey, french/german, costal town vibe the movie got and thought I'd like to emulate it. My first attempt was to capture it by using a very old german town as my main reference point. A town called Marburg that is overflwoing with pretty medieval buildings. And so, with references of Marburg in mind, I began making the first buildings and a street to see how it would look.

1675194895123.png

The result was good. Kind of. It looks pretty at least, even though it was just a very quick test environment without much to it. I was kinda happy about it but also... Something didn't feel right. This was definitely the image of a not so modern city and it looks pretty, but it didn't look like I imagined the game. It's too colorful, too picturesque and simply too nice. I wanted something else for Children of Morn. This wasn't it. So I scrapped the idea.

Soul-searching
Marburg wasn't the right reference for Children of Morn, but what is? That thought followed me around for several weeks. How do I want the city to look? The exteriors and interiors of the buildings? As I knew that I wanted the game to be urban but old, my thoughts inevitably went to the industrialization. And of course images of an victorian era London came to mind. But I don't really have any clue about London. I've never been there and all I know are the same old pictures everyone knows of large factories and smog. It's too generic, too far away from me to actually go into depth and create a look that isn't just copy paste. But what else could I use then? For some the answer might already be obvious. For me it came while watching anime. The second season of Spy X Family to be precise. An anime set in a fictual version of my actual hometown Berlin during the cold war. Now, those that know the show and Berlin are aware that the series by no means tries to accurately depict Berlin's architecture. but there are a few shots scattered here and there where the artists really nailed the feeling of the city and they literally felt close to home for me. And that's when I had the epiphany. I'm literally living in a building that was build over a hundred years ago, as many of the buildings outside of the city center are. Literally architecture from a time period that fit's my ideas for the game. Now I had an idea.

Hunting for Reference
Getting your hands on old pictures of Berlin is actually not that easy. Google images isn't much of a help, so I had to use other means... My legs. I went on a stroll, my phone in hand, and simply started snapping photos of a few old buildings.

1675194915588.png

One walk later I had what I needed. Authentic 100 year old Architecture. Enough for me, to fire up Blender and start on the first buildings. Time flew by and a few hours later I had what I wanted and made a quick test rendering just to see how things look. Nothing polished, just a test.
1675194932820.png
Above is the exact result that I got. I saved the image because I immediately fell in love with it. It's not much, but it just clicked with me. I was sure now. Berlin from a hundred years ago was the way to go. Now I just needed more reference and images from the actual time. In comes, once again, my father and a package he send me after I told him about my plans.
1675194950878.png

A bunch of books with old architectural photographies from Berlin that he had at his home. From alleys and backyards and old streets that I had never seen before. This was the final nail in the coffin. Now I had everything I needed to really make this city just how I wanted it and to give it a soul.

The first Street
With all the references I now had and a crystal clear direction for the visuals I set out to build the first street of the game. Again, just as a test to see how the pieces fit together. The results made me excited.

1675194967466.png
1675194974258.png

For some, it might simply look like an oldtimey street, and that is perfectly fine. But for me, and several friends that I asked for feedback, Berlin is immediately apparent. Not in a literal sense, as I didn't try to copy it, but it feels like it, or like my neighborhood at least. This was important for me, because that means I can go forward using the same references, the knowledge I have of growing up and living in the city, to create scenes with more accuracy and my own thought than I ever could simply copying old images from London. Which is what I did for the rest of the environments and how I made the environment you can see in the timelapse. Now, all of these are work-in-progress and not for the final game. But I hope they still give you an idea of how the environments in Children of Morn will look like, they certainly did for me.

And with that, I'm done for this entry. I hope you had fun reading and wish you a great week. You'll hear from me again soon!

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019

Diary of Morn #04 | Making the City

This time I'm back with a timelapse. As last time the video contains some inevitable spoilers, be aware. This timelapse shows how I've made one of the new environments of the new game and gives a first glimpse of how the city in which Children of Morn will be set, looks like. But arriving at this point was also a journey in and of itself. So in todays post I want to talk about the architectural design for the city in which this new game will take place in and how I got there.

Also a quick progress update for those who only want to know how far along I'm with the development. Just yesterday I finished the last big environment for version 0.1. That means the graphics are pretty much taken care of, a huge step towards a playable game, as the graphics are the biggest bottleneck in game development! And now on to the diary entry.

Time and Place
From the very beginning I knew that I wanted Children of Morn to be set in an urban environment. A grand, bustling city. But I also knew that I didn't want that city to be modern. My early ideas were especially inspired by the Ghibli movie Kiki's Delivery Service. I really liked that oldtimey, french/german, costal town vibe the movie got and thought I'd like to emulate it. My first attempt was to capture it by using a very old german town as my main reference point. A town called Marburg that is overflwoing with pretty medieval buildings. And so, with references of Marburg in mind, I began making the first buildings and a street to see how it would look.

View attachment 2355151

The result was good. Kind of. It looks pretty at least, even though it was just a very quick test environment without much to it. I was kinda happy about it but also... Something didn't feel right. This was definitely the image of a not so modern city and it looks pretty, but it didn't look like I imagined the game. It's too colorful, too picturesque and simply too nice. I wanted something else for Children of Morn. This wasn't it. So I scrapped the idea.

Soul-searching
Marburg wasn't the right reference for Children of Morn, but what is? That thought followed me around for several weeks. How do I want the city to look? The exteriors and interiors of the buildings? As I knew that I wanted the game to be urban but old, my thoughts inevitably went to the industrialization. And of course images of an victorian era London came to mind. But I don't really have any clue about London. I've never been there and all I know are the same old pictures everyone knows of large factories and smog. It's too generic, too far away from me to actually go into depth and create a look that isn't just copy paste. But what else could I use then? For some the answer might already be obvious. For me it came while watching anime. The second season of Spy X Family to be precise. An anime set in a fictual version of my actual hometown Berlin during the cold war. Now, those that know the show and Berlin are aware that the series by no means tries to accurately depict Berlin's architecture. but there are a few shots scattered here and there where the artists really nailed the feeling of the city and they literally felt close to home for me. And that's when I had the epiphany. I'm literally living in a building that was build over a hundred years ago, as many of the buildings outside of the city center are. Literally architecture from a time period that fit's my ideas for the game. Now I had an idea.

Hunting for Reference
Getting your hands on old pictures of Berlin is actually not that easy. Google images isn't much of a help, so I had to use other means... My legs. I went on a stroll, my phone in hand, and simply started snapping photos of a few old buildings.

View attachment 2355153

One walk later I had what I needed. Authentic 100 year old Architecture. Enough for me, to fire up Blender and start on the first buildings. Time flew by and a few hours later I had what I wanted and made a quick test rendering just to see how things look. Nothing polished, just a test.
View attachment 2355154
Above is the exact result that I got. I saved the image because I immediately fell in love with it. It's not much, but it just clicked with me. I was sure now. Berlin from a hundred years ago was the way to go. Now I just needed more reference and images from the actual time. In comes, once again, my father and a package he send me after I told him about my plans.
View attachment 2355155

A bunch of books with old architectural photographies from Berlin that he had at his home. From alleys and backyards and old streets that I had never seen before. This was the final nail in the coffin. Now I had everything I needed to really make this city just how I wanted it and to give it a soul.

The first Street
With all the references I now had and a crystal clear direction for the visuals I set out to build the first street of the game. Again, just as a test to see how the pieces fit together. The results made me excited.

View attachment 2355157
View attachment 2355158

For some, it might simply look like an oldtimey street, and that is perfectly fine. But for me, and several friends that I asked for feedback, Berlin is immediately apparent. Not in a literal sense, as I didn't try to copy it, but it feels like it, or like my neighborhood at least. This was important for me, because that means I can go forward using the same references, the knowledge I have of growing up and living in the city, to create scenes with more accuracy and my own thought than I ever could simply copying old images from London. Which is what I did for the rest of the environments and how I made the environment you can see in the timelapse. Now, all of these are work-in-progress and not for the final game. But I hope they still give you an idea of how the environments in Children of Morn will look like, they certainly did for me.

And with that, I'm done for this entry. I hope you had fun reading and wish you a great week. You'll hear from me again soon!
Thanks for sharing this video Pitrik, it was very interesting to see the making process and you can see how much time, effort and dedication creating it requires, loved it and it should help many to appreciate Rathieu and other devs work more. :)

Majin890

Apr 9, 2022
Wow didn't realize this was already completed. Time to dive right in. Excited for the next dev's project!

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Who else was just fast-forwarding the sex scenes by the time you got to the cave? Great game before then and in general. But it just dragged after that point. Plus that's the most verbose sex I've ever seen. They all got a speech prepared each fuck.
*Push her to her side and start grinding* "Now, I'd like to take this time to say a few words about your vagina." :LOL:

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 688 Votes