Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Who else was just fast-forwarding the sex scenes by the time you got to the cave? Great game before then and in general. But it just dragged after that point. Plus that's the most verbose sex I've ever seen. They all got a speech prepared each fuck.
*Push her to her side and start grinding* "Now, I'd like to say a few words about your vagina." :LOL:
Honestly I can't say I have, though finding the dialogues a little "funny" the scene was good so I didn't have a problem with it, it's a matter of personale preferences in the end. :)

MagnaCarter

Nov 17, 2021
If it puts you off, then why didn't you just move on to something else ? :rolleyes:
Staff add the tags, not the developer.
Alright then staff should tag things correctly...? :cautious:
But anyways I didn't want to miss out on a good game because something wasn't tagged correctly, My original post wasn't supposed to start anything it was just more of a suggestion.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Alright then staff should tag things correctly...? :cautious:
But anyways I didn't want to miss out on a good game because something wasn't tagged correctly, My original post wasn't supposed to start anything it was just more of a suggestion.
Yeah, well devs don't have control over the tags anyway, and at first glance Mia does kinda look like one.

rippertipper

Sep 22, 2022
Who else was just fast-forwarding the sex scenes by the time you got to the cave? Great game before then and in general. But it just dragged after that point. Plus that's the most verbose sex I've ever seen. They all got a speech prepared each fuck.
*Push her to her side and start grinding* "Now, I'd like to say a few words about your vagina." :LOL:
Not going to lie, I was also kinda feeling that way about the pacing towards the end. I could feel the final stretch coming and I just wanted to race toward it, but the final act's pacing was pretty darn rough. Also yes, the amount of talking during sex started out as charming, then funny, then annoying, then charming again, then funny again. But yeah, great game. Especially compared to the majority of the erotic games out there, even more so compared to all the incomplete games out there. I enjoyed my time with it overall, but I also love to poke fun at it's weird idiosyncrasies. Like the constant use of the word 'slimy' during sex scenes. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: MrHatIsHere

MrHatIsHere

Jan 18, 2022
I recently completed this game, and it is pretty neat. However, several items are still locked in the gallery, and I can't figure out how to unlock them:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

They all mention unlocking morale events and raising affections to levels I've already met, but I'm not sure how to unlock those events. I suppose I could use the gallery unlocker, but I would like to see if I could unlock the morale events as well.

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
I recently completed this game, and it is pretty neat. However, several items are still locked in the gallery, and I can't figure out how to unlock them:

They all mention unlocking morale events and raising affections to levels I've already met, but I'm not sure how to unlock those events. I suppose I could use the gallery unlocker, but I would like to see if I could unlock the morale events as well.
OK, so this is what these two pages should look like once you've unlocked those scenes:

You might want to check on all dialogue options at every location they're at while you're still at the cabin. My oldest savefile was when we were about to launch the attack in the city, and even by that time, I had unlocked the scenes you're missing. At that point, I had already saved Lily, and even had a few lewd scenes with her.

I can repeat Mia's scenes (of your missing ones) by raising morale with her, using "jobs" (HJ or BJ). Both of these happen in the main bedroom. Robin's missing scenes (on your end), I can repeat with raising morale; the first one by "early fingerfuck" (which happens on the bed), and the second one is "free blowjob" (which happens when she's reading in the living room). I suppose the "target" location of the scenes might hint at where to trigger them for the first time, but this was so long ago, I honestly don't remember. My oldest (kept) savepoint was quite literally one full year ago (only shy by 2 days).

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Is the Mac version going to be completed?
You can do it yourself like I did.
DL the PC version, unzip it take the game folder and put it inside the autorun folder in the mac version following this path:
Right Click on the Mac game icon/Show Package Contents/Contents/Autorun (just drag out the old game folder inside, before putting in the new one). :)

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
CoM_Version0.1 Loading.jpg

Diary of Morn #05 | A little Whining

Todays diary entry will be a bit different from the others. Instead of focusing deeply on one topic, I'll touch more briefly on a few different things that I want to get out there, but feel like they wouldn't really warrant an entire dedicated post. But before we get into those, you can check out the current progress in the graphic above. As you can see things are starting to come together. Still not nearly finished, but I'm slowly getting there.

A different Approach
One of the biggest differences in the development between Children of Morn and MIST is the factor of time. MIST I started working on basically two weeks after getting the idea for it. With CoM I had months to plan everything out. Plans that lived rent free in my head without ever being truly "tested", only just now slowly coming together. A lot of my ideas were simply theories and while many of them are turning out like I imagined, others don't.

Which isn't unexpected, but it forces me to rethink how I approach the development of the game. With MIST every system I made felt like a "final" solution. I was making decisions to last forever. Of course many got overturned as my skills improved, but I was still not initirally planning to go back and rework or improve, it became a necessity, so I did it. With Children of Morn, I'll have to rethink that approach. Right now, I'm trying to get all the music done, all the sounds and moans recorded, all the environments and the UI perfected, before 0.1 even releases, before anyone even get's their hand on the project. I'm basically trying, like I did in the past, to develop a "final" version 0.1. But that won't work.

I'll be developing Children of Morn for years. Literally years. And I'll consider a part of the game done, when the final version 1.0 releases. Not a day earlier. What I'm making right now isn't a finished game, but an early build of it and while I'll aim for as much polish in every release that I can, I also need to accept that I won't be able to finish all the recordings, all the music and all the systems and graphics in time for 0.1. Especially, since I can't really finalize them without any feedback from all of you.

So from now on I'll treat the game like the early version that it is and do changes that are necessary to improve the game and stop trying to get things perfect years in advance. Soundeffects will be replaced and added, music will get refined, animations will be polished and the code will get streamlined. What I won't change however, is the plot. I won't make changes that invalidate what has already been played or overturn the story, so that the game can still be very much enjoyed in an episodic format.

Stressing Out
Which brings me to my second topic for this post. I'm so fucking stressed right now. I think in the past 4 years of developing games I've never felt as much pressure as I'm doing right now. Pressure to proof that all my theories can be turned into reality and that I did indeed improve and grew as a game developer. Pressure to get things right and especially right on time, as every day I spent developing without a release makes me worried about how that looks to my Patrons. After all, I haven't released anything in months and it'll still take several, additional months before anything can be released.

Four weeks ago my right eye started randomly twitching. A couple days later my left eye did the same. A week after I started getting dizzy for no apparent reason and I've had a constant headache the entire time. Now... I don't want anyone to misunderstand why I'm telling you this. I'm not really looking for pity, I'm also not looking for words of encouragement or praise or medical advice. All I want is to share some of my struggles, because I think it is important to talk about them when I want to give a clear picture of how the development is going. Because the development is still going fine. The obvious overworking symptoms are here because I'm failing at pacing myself. Because I'm so deep in my own world, only thinking about the game, that I'm not able to turn off and get a good rest when I need to. Because my current work-life-balance is seriously skewed towards the work side of things.

But that is my own problem. I'm literally self-employed. No one is forcing me to do this except for myself and I realize this. Which is why I'm working on getting more chill with the game. Hence why I told you about not trying to perfect the game in one go. I've been trying way too hard to get things right on point and I don't think it'll make the game or my personal life better in the long run. And both are intertwined. After all, as the sole developer of the game, my personal life and the quality of the game are very closely related.

Taking my Time

I need to chill out.

That's pretty much it. No one is forcing me to go faster and the game is already very much ahead of the schedule because I overworked so many days. So I'm gonna take my time now. I'm gonna relax and take things as they come. I don't plan on purposely going slow, I have too much fun working on the game for that, but I'll try to reduce unneeded stress. Which is honestly the best for the game. Not only does it ensure I stay healthy, it also gives me time to learn things I couldn't pick up with a busier schedule.

Just last week I randomly started learning about gesture drawing concepts and realized that they were a huge missing piece in my animation and posing and started going deeper into it and learning about forces and actionlines and whatnot. All resulting in an overnight improvement in my renders.

Or like the last few days, where I started looking a bit more into which ral world camera focal lengths people used for which situations to better judge how I should set my focal length in blender for each shot I'm going for.

Or new lighting techniques that I'm picking up every day, that I wouldn't have the time to learn if I kept rushing through it all.

So, I'm starting to chill. Not because I want to milk everyone for their precious money, but because I simply have to, it makes working on the game a delight and I would miss so much otherwise.

See you all in a few weeks with the next diary entry. Next time won't be as depressing, I promise. Now have a great week!

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
How do I make preparations to go to the city
Repair the cabin lift cables, refuel the Lodge generator with fuel and in general pump your stats (Health/Stamina/Attack) enough to be able to explore and fight.
To know more look at what the questlog say, you will get all the necessary infos from there.

KokoMarley

Dec 25, 2019
View attachment 1713566

Overview:
You want nothing more than to relax at your late grandfather's old mountain hut, when you are suddenly surrounded
by a thick unnatural fog. To make it worse, dangerous shadowy monsters lurk in the woods and attack you.
But there is a glimmer of hope. A girl that was able to flee and now lives with you.
The tension is high and survival difficult, but you have to pull through.
Survive, unravel the mystery and forge bonds with the girls you meet in this desperate situation.​

Thread Updated: 2022-09-30
Release Date: 2022-09-30
Developer: 395games - - -
Censored: No
Version: 1.0.3
Language: English
Other Games: A Tale of Eden
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Fan Signatures:

Android Notes:
DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - -
Mac
(v0.10): - - - MEGA
Android New
Android Old
Others:
COMPRESSED* - Unofficial Android

Patches:

Extras: Save Files - Gallery unlocker -
Cheat Mod

*This unofficial port/version/code is not released by developer, download at your own risk.
**See Android Notes

View attachment 1290515 View attachment 495094 View attachment 1290506 View attachment 1290507 View attachment 1290511 View attachment 1290502 View attachment 845067 View attachment 1290500 View attachment 1290505 View attachment 1290516 View attachment 1290519 View attachment 1290523 View attachment 1290524 View attachment 1290517 View attachment 1290504 View attachment 1290503 View attachment 1290513 View attachment 1290530

Great story, Awesome 3d renders( unique, one and only )
I played use Joiplay, and finished it. 2 thumbs up, great works

4.60 star(s) 693 Votes