Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
Oh nice i thought tale of eden was pretty nice except for the abrupt ending so hopefully this will be an improvement and not have stuff like that. I will be keeping an eye on this one.

boldjack

Feb 20, 2019
I fixed the generator but there is still no prompt for the button to activate the elevator, am I missing something?

Edit: I figured it out, the elevator will not open until every room is explored

Last edited:
Reactions: Trippinbills

asimpleuser

Jul 2, 2017
How do you use the Pot at the Lake? In the Questlog it says "I have the pot. Next stop, the lake." but i went into the forest and walked to the lake and nothing changed.

smackdab

Jan 30, 2018
How do you use the Pot at the Lake? In the Questlog it says "I have the pot. Next stop, the lake." but i went into the forest and walked to the lake and nothing changed.
Did you walk to the fishing spot? If so, you are at the wrong place.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Tried it for a while. Repetitive. Annoying. Heading out in search for food is just super tiresome and boring. Fights are terrible and boring as well.

I liked the athmosphere and the story, though. Gameplay is just not for me.

• Angry
Reactions: laflare82

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Just the intro with the radio sitting there playing got me hooked. Will be dropping by with more after a bit. But I see the Dev has skills.. mad skillz. :)

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I really like this art a lot! It's unique and attractive to me! I don't think a male MC harem game is for me, but I really hope the game does well for the male players to enjoy!

ILIDAN

May 6, 2018

Unlocked

I've mentioned a few times already, that working on v0.2 is going to take a bit more time than my usual updates. Today I wanted to talk about the reason for that and how the progress is coming along.

While the ideas and the base mechanics of MIST are already there and the code is easy to implement. There is one big thing that is slowing down the creation of new content. The 3D models I have, the assets.
Assets can be acquired through a lot of places on the internet and while a lot of them cost a good amount of money, there are also plenty of free options.

But, I am not using those. I am modelling about 95% (rough estimate) by myself and I am also texturing them by myself. Now why am I doing that, when it costs so much time and there are options out there?
That is at least the question I asked myself before deciding on this way of doing things and I've found several answers to justify the work.

1. Performance:
Models from the internet aren't always made with performance in mind, they are often just made to look good. But for my purposes I need to keep performance in mind constantly. That is why a bunch of good looking models are already not an option.

2. Compatibility:
Many models are not compatible with different softwares and versions and finding only recently uploaded models that won't make a problem is a lot of annoying work.

3. Consistency:
I want things to feel like they are made for the game and not a random assortment of models. For that I need consistency in the visuals. To achieve consistency I need control over the models I use and the textures they have. Using downloaded models makes it difficult to keep everything coherent and often requires changes that get so complicated that I could have made the model by myself either way.

4. Skills:
Modelling everything by myself is helping me improve. All aspects of my modelling have gotten better and faster and the same goes for texturing. The repetition and constant new challenges simply help me grow and I think it shows in my newer assets and will keep showing itself in the future.

5. My own library:
Lastly and maybe most importantly, I am no against the use of asset libraries. Why would I? It isn't only the standard but pretty much necessary in 3D, because modelling even small things takes a lot of time. That is why I am simply building up my own library which I can then use in the future for every single game I want to make.

I have already made around 100 models for MIST. All objects necessary to fill up good looking 3D renders. That number is only going to increase and at some point, I can freely use all those models for all games I am going to make without worrying about it. While it slows me down now, it will significantly speed up my work at some point. I obviously don't know when exactly that time will come. But I am already getting close and filling rooms and forests is a lot easier now.

Now, how far am I into v0.2? That was one question I wanted to answer. The thing is that I already completed most models I need for this. And I already began to write and build up new backgrounds. I am also already planning the new scenes and as you can probably tell, things are going pretty well. A release in march will be difficult. but I think early april is realistic.
For all your hard work you have our respect and soon my money.Love your game and your passion keep up the good work

May 25, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: Audio channel 'movie_scenes/Robin/rscene05/rscene05_movie03.webm_None' is unknown.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Patreon\395games\Mist\MIST-0.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Patreon\395games\Mist\MIST-0.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "E:\Patreon\395games\Mist\MIST-0.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "E:\Patreon\395games\Mist\MIST-0.2-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "myroom.rpyc", line 58, in script
File "myroom.rpyc", line 58, in script
File "E:\Patreon\395games\Mist\MIST-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "E:\Patreon\395games\Mist\MIST-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\Patreon\395games\Mist\MIST-0.2-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\Patreon\395games\Mist\MIST-0.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "E:\Patreon\395games\Mist\MIST-0.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\Patreon\395games\Mist\MIST-0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\Patreon\395games\Mist\MIST-0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3262, in interact_core
if renpy.display.video.frequent():
File "E:\Patreon\395games\Mist\MIST-0.2-pc\renpy\display\video.py", line 519, in frequent
update_playing()
File "E:\Patreon\395games\Mist\MIST-0.2-pc\renpy\display\video.py", line 507, in update_playing
m.stop()
File "E:\Patreon\395games\Mist\MIST-0.2-pc\renpy\display\video.py", line 463, in stop
renpy.audio.music.stop(channel=self.channel)
File "E:\Patreon\395games\Mist\MIST-0.2-pc\renpy\audio\music.py", line 269, in stop
c = get_channel(channel)
File "E:\Patreon\395games\Mist\MIST-0.2-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 821, in get_channel
raise Exception("Audio channel %r is unknown." % name)
Exception: Audio channel 'movie_scenes/Robin/rscene05/rscene05_movie03.webm_None' is unknown.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
MIST 0.2
Sun Apr 05 00:47:14 2020

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
Hmm well first things first, I love the art style. The food grind isn't too bad (at least not for me) and the writing is decent, save for a few grammar and spelling errors (not that big of a deal). The premise is awesome (I love my apocalyptic settings). Now my main issue is with the characters. I am only a few days in the game, so I only have the MC and Robin, but god damn they are annoying. Robin is obviously a lazy twat or just understands that she can take advantage of a beta because of bobs and vagene. And the MC... dude I know it's the end of the world, but have some standards. Submitting to a girl because she has tits. Not sure how you can have time to play with them if you're doing all the work. Hopefully, it picks up and can be more assertive and dominant. Hell if there was a choice to kick Robin to the curb, I probably would've taken it. So far, just not within my tastes. I wish all the luck in the world for the dev and the project. So far it just isn't for me.

Miloen

Nov 4, 2018
Hmm well first things first, I love the art style. The food grind isn't too bad (at least not for me) and the writing is decent, save for a few grammar and spelling errors (not that big of a deal). The premise is awesome (I love my apocalyptic settings). Now my main issue is with the characters. I am only a few days in the game, so I only have the MC and Robin, but god damn they are annoying. Robin is obviously a lazy twat or just understands that she can take advantage of a beta because of bobs and vagene. And the MC... dude I know it's the end of the world, but have some standards. Submitting to a girl because she has tits. Not sure how you can have time to play with them if you're doing all the work. Hopefully, it picks up and can be more assertive and dominant. Hell if there was a choice to kick Robin to the curb, I probably would've taken it. So far, just not within my tastes. I wish all the luck in the world for the dev and the project. So far it just isn't for me.
Just play a bit more, it gets better in the part that's annoying.

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
Just finished it, and I gotta say: Wow!
Not only was this a lot longer than I expected (... heh) for a 0.2, it also had some nice attention to detail. Like, actual comfort of life functions like the grain symbol to show that you can harvest the crops. Whoot! Again, for a 0,2 this is pretty well thought out.
Wasn't a big fan of the characters on the first few days either, but that did a great if a little strange turn (for both of them actually) and I'm so on board for everything coming.
The touch of humor is also right up my alley and the cliffhanger has me really hoping for (waaaay) more! Pretty awesome project so far!
Needless to even say much about the graphics - if you are even just somewhat down with the style, they are pretty good all around. And content-wise it has already more (and is rather speeding up even..) than a lot of games got after their 0.5 versions, so .. yeah. No complaints there either.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.60 star(s) 693 Votes