395games_Rathieu

Developer of Mist and Covenant of Morn.
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for telling me, that is actually not intended. I made a system so they would only show up in the second dungeon but it seems to have failed. It worked when I tested it, but it seems that I just got lucky and never encountered one.

Zod759

Apr 8, 2018
Are there any sexual encounters in 0.2 besides Masturbating Robin?
And the questlog says The axe would still be great, so is there anything to do with that?

asimpleuser

Jul 2, 2017
Did you walk to the fishing spot? If so, you are at the wrong place.
I went to the lake where you fish for food. It's not this lake?
Thanks

EDIT: I found the lake! it's not the one where you fish. Thanks all for your help.

Last edited:

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Stamina is about 180, after reaching the road i can move forward 2 times, then i habe to head back
go into woods
turn left to shed
turn right and fight raccoon (3 regular hits with spear) or wolf (shoot it then regular hit with spear)
turn left and cross bridge until road
turn right and fight (1 big hit with spear and finish with regular)
keep going until left turn &search for plant (first time will fail)
Repeat for a second day
*this is from memory so it may vary slightly*

Jow

Aug 4, 2017
Found a bit of a bug/unintentional cheat. While you're on an expedition you can use the scrollback feature (using the mousewheel) to go backwards, restoring stamina and removing aggro, then you just use the scrollwheel to go back to the point you were. This keeps the aggro and your stamina at the default value if you do it right.
Using this allowed me to get around both the monsters and the food gathering mechanic.

Last edited:

RVNSN

Drunken Pirate Skirtchaser
Game Developer
Jan 17, 2019
Like I'm seeing here so far. Haven't looked inside the game, are you rendering each frame of animation, or are you using unity for your animations? (I have not looked into doing it the second way, so not entirely sure what's involved.)

Definite thumbs up, can't wait to see more!

slowride454

Sep 13, 2018
go into woods
turn left to shed
turn right and fight raccoon (3 regular hits with spear) or wolf (shoot it then regular hit with spear)
turn left and cross bridge until road
turn right and fight (1 big hit with spear and finish with regular)
keep going until left turn &search for plant (first time will fail)
Repeat for a second day
*this is from memory so it may vary slightly*
with stamina at 180 this does not work

if you encounter a boar first, just take care of it and go fishing.
If you encounter a raccoon first, shoot it.
If you encounter a raccoon second, only use regular attack very quickly. Then you can make it to the clearing.

Last edited:

395games_Rathieu

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
Like I'm seeing here so far. Haven't looked inside the game, are you rendering each frame of animation, or are you using unity for your animations? (I have not looked into doing it the second way, so not entirely sure what's involved.)

Definite thumbs up, can't wait to see more!
The animations are rendered with Blenders Eevee engine. So prerendered and not realtime. It is Ren'Py after all, so all the animations are Webms.

Reactions: Phoeniix and L30

RVNSN

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2019
The animations are rendered with Blenders Eevee engine. So prerendered and not realtime. It is Ren'Py after all, so all the animations are Webms.
Are you using Blender for all of your 3d work?

ZanithOne, making A House in the Rift, is using Unity for realtime renders of animations, and I'm pretty sure that's Ren'Py as well (haven't played it in a few months, so you've got me questioning that, but I'm pretty sure)

395games_Rathieu

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
Are you using Blender for all of your 3d work?

ZanithOne, making A House in the Rift, is using Unity for realtime renders of animations, and I'm pretty sure that's Ren'Py as well (haven't played it in a few months, so you've got me questioning that, but I'm pretty sure)
I am using Blender for everything. But using Unity would also be possible. That means the animations are still prerendered if they are in Ren'Py though. So it is perfectly possible to use Unity for the animations. In the end they are all just movie files. The difference is that Blender is a modelling software and Unity is a game engine. I guess it comes down to personal preference. Now I don't know what ZanithOne is doing so I can only tell you what I know.

Reactions: L30

RVNSN

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2019
I am using Blender for everything. But using Unity would also be possible. That means the animations are still prerendered if they are in Ren'Py though. So it is perfectly possible to use Unity for the animations. In the end they are all just movie files. The difference is that Blender is a modelling software and Unity is a game engine. I guess it comes down to personal preference. Now I don't know what ZanithOne is doing so I can only tell you what I know.
Right on, I've only used Blender for a little bit of modeling myself. Oh, and to render an animation of a heart that was made for Blender.

I had asked ZanithOne about his animations, and he said he was not doing prerendering with them, that he uses unity and that they render in realtime during gameplay - the question remains though if it is ren'py...

Cgt35

Dec 13, 2018
Different game different taste. İm enjoying the gameplay. Very good job right there. (y)

4.60 star(s) 693 Votes