iixviiiix

Mar 11, 2020
It's been a while, guys.
We wandered around a lot due to project transitions, and we hastily created a structure to establish direction.
This is just a framework, and we're collecting feedback.
We look forward to your feedback.
The next game feel just like MBM but instead of make gold to buy slaves , player raid town with monster to capture slaves.
Turn base make it easier to manage things.
The framework isn't bad and team applepie art style do sell.
I think the game need more unique female NPCs to capture than MBM.
Please don't forced us to slaughtering slaves like MBM for materials.
About the possible for 2 or even 3 monsters on 1 slave ? like how Vip 2 room work in MBM ?
Is it Possible to zoom in more ? also is it possible moving screen with keybroad arrows

hope this game will turn out well.

Montyz

Aug 11, 2022
Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I got the game, the cheat menu mod and the latest mod pack files on the front page but when I start the game, BepInEX stopped loading at this point while an earlier version with only complex breeding and menu cheat worked normally.

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I got the game, the cheat menu mod and the latest mod pack files on the front page but when I start the game, BepInEX stopped loading at this point while an earlier version with only complex breeding and menu cheat worked normally.
From several similar problems in this thread, I would recommend you to try putting your game directory less deep into your file system.
Something like D:\Games\MonsterBlackMarket is good, while burying it 10 directories deep is too much.

Inept Monkey

Oct 27, 2017
ProjectR is pretty meh, I like the original approach.
it's an alpha. still got a few years of development to turn into something. While I was more fond of trying something different with the whole dungeon crawling shenanigans myself, I realize that the community just wants MBM 2. That's probably what we're gonna get in the end.

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
it's an alpha. still got a few years of development to turn into something. While I was more fond of trying something different with the whole dungeon crawling shenanigans myself, I realize that the community just wants MBM 2. That's probably what we're gonna get in the end.
I noticed at least 3 spine files have "MBM2" mentions, so yeah. Might become just that.

From a gameplay perspective I honestly don't understand how to play the game in its current form. Maybe I just got used to MBM interface/flow too much, although it kinda reminds me of Pre-1.0 version of MBM in some way. Ending turns doesn't seem to do anything, slaves don't get pregnant, no idea how to control battle map. Just doesn't seem intuitive for me, although I never was a fan of turn-based games so maybe that's just me being too dumb for it.

As for future of modding this title, I believe it might be indeed easier to work with. Spine version was upgraded to 4.1, sooo yeah, still not an easy thing for a community to mod with no Spine license. But at least it won't suffer from repacking issues like I got stuck with modding MBM. Still need to figure out how it works internally for adding stuff, though.

Assets seems to be censored at the moment, bummed me a bit, but at least no heavy texture compression (lossy DXT5 crunched) for now.

ProjectR-characterTest.gif

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: BlackeyeVuk

UnknownDevDot

Dec 30, 2022
I noticed at least 3 spine files have "MBM2" mentions, so yeah. Might become just that.

From a gameplay perspective I honestly don't understand how to play the game in its current form. Maybe I just got used to MBM interface/flow too much, although it kinda reminds me of Pre-1.0 version of MBM in some way. Ending turns doesn't seem to do anything, slaves don't get pregnant, no idea how to control battle map. Just doesn't seem intuitive for me, although I never was a fan of turn-based games so maybe that's just me being too dumb for it.

As for future of modding this title, I believe it might be indeed easier to work with. Spine version was upgraded to 4.1, sooo yeah, still not an easy thing for a community to mod with no Spine license. But at least it won't suffer from repacking issues like I got stuck with modding MBM. Still need to figure out how it works internally for adding stuff, though.

Assets seems to be censored at the moment, bummed me a bit, but at least no heavy texture compression (lossy DXT5 crunched) for now.

View attachment 3059259
1. How the game will play out has not yet been confirmed.There is also a possibility that it will be converted to real-time rather than turn-based.

2. We'll be releasing documentation at a later date to explain how to add things like figures and traits.
For example, we're making external scripts readable. Unzip the attach file and paste it into the Streaming Assets folder and it should work.

3. We don't currently compress, but we may do so as RAM requirements increase.

Last edited:

UnknownDevDot

Dec 30, 2022

Game does not fit my 1680*1050 screen. Large parts of interface end up out of frame and I can't access them. I managed to play by accessing menus through hotkeys. I may have missed some parts of gameplay as a result. Sorry if I can't comment on them.

I could not figure out how heredity works in this game. Looks like my usual tricks will not work here. This is an interesting challenge.

Goblins and slaves quickly grow in number. It makes me want to sell them off, but there is no trader here. Especially the goblins - the village (45 food/day) should be able to support only 3 of them, but I have a horde of them. Why are goblins eating 15 times as much as humans anyway?

English translation is good. I have not noticed any particular problems with it.

Overall, the game looks interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing what it will become.
1. I hastily fixed the resolution issue and uploaded it(Ver0.1.1), but the issue still remains?

2. Sorry about that. For the play part, just look at the overall flow.

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
How the game will play out has not yet been confirmed.There is also a possibility that it will be converted to real-time rather than turn-based.

We'll be releasing documentation at a later date to explain how to add things like figures and traits.
For example, we're making external scripts readable. Unzip the attach file and paste it into the Streaming Assets folder and it should work.

We don't currently compress, but we may do so as RAM requirements increase.
Thanks, I'm slowly figuring it out. With the current state of things I see upsides and downsides to how I was used to work with MBM.

- Zero asset repacking issues. Huge thanks for this new system, seriously. Using spine snapshot for a character stand portrait is a thing I really wanted.
- Adding new spine slots is both easy and harder. To clarify: I just tested a new character tits size (2 sizes by default, added third one, similar to size "4-5" in MBM), for example:

ProjectR-Tits5SizeTest.png

For this same thing to work in MBM I needed to edit Character data text file in assets (each character/race allowed to set sizes and other customizable parts), now these parameters are in Assembly-Csharp.dll and that's a bit harder for me to edit, because I'm only using a hacky approach with tools like dnspy and IL editing (method/class editing doesn't work due to dnspy recompiling imperfections).

Like I said, I guess I just got used to MBM modding workflow and probably just need to learn how to create custom .cs code like some folks here :)

- We don't currently compress, but we may do so as RAM requirements increase.
Fair enough, although I do wish that maybe you'll provide these uncompressed assets when the development is done as some sort of "HD pack"?

Just saying because I did my tests with Pre-1.0 MBM uncompressed assets repacked in 2.0 and it worked fine. I believe when we're using mods plus BepInEx system requirements and loading times go up anyway.

Seconded about potential Steam release, by the way, unless there are some legal issues, of course... *cough* like lolies in MBM *cough*.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trapperxxk

JoeruTenshi

Jul 25, 2020
It would be great if slaves could conceive more children during childbirth.
I'm playing another similar game, my slave gave birth to 9 children, it was great.

1699067559921.png

Trapperxxk

Dec 22, 2020
It would be great if slaves could conceive more children during childbirth.
I'm playing another similar game, my slave gave birth to 9 children, it was great.

View attachment 3059673
What would be a pain in the ass. I like new turn-day system because I fell down from non-stop process of making babies and health management and others, Moreover, in this game, it will be a little unfair to burn so much, you just quickly capture all map)

4.40 star(s) 101 Votes