Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
I'm interested in modding this game. Nothing ambitions, just tweaking some switches on and off just to see what happens. The thing is I tried this with Dnspy but the code refuses to compile afterwards. From what I understand this happens because Dnspy tries optimizing the code in a way that's not allowed.

Not even sure if I should be using Dnspy for this, I'm pretty new to modding. Do any veteran modders have any tips to get me started?
First of all, I'd recommend using branch. Most edits I made was with "IL editing", simply because if it works it works. Method/Class editing usually fails in MBM's/ProjectR's case, so that might be an option. Here's an example I posted recently (link).

I'm not gonna say it's easy, mostly try-and-error method.

BepInEx modding is good and all, but honestly - good luck setting it up correctly.

Reactions: golwas

BlackeyeVuk

Nov 1, 2018
Well I must be retarded since I can't get cheat engine to work and downloading BepInEx and throwing it in the root file of the game doesn't work either, let alone the mods themselves which is in the plugins folder lol

EDIT: Does someone have a link to a game packaged with all the crap? I know It was posted on here but those mega links are dead lol
I checked cheat engine. With mods and without mods.
Cheat Engine, choose game exe as a process. Select 4byte.
And just buy shower for 50 bucks until you narrow it to two addresses, one of them is right one. Add money you want. That easy. I donno how you were unable to find address. It's very simple to find.

golwas

Jul 8, 2017
First of all, I'd recommend using branch. Most edits I made was with "IL editing", simply because if it works it works. Method/Class editing usually fails in MBM's/ProjectR's case, so that might be an option. Here's an example I posted recently (link).

I'm not gonna say it's easy, mostly try-and-error method.

BepInEx modding is good and all, but honestly - good luck setting it up correctly.
Thanks for the response. I was afraid I was going to have to mess with IL editing. Still, I'll tinker on it and see what it does. By the way, do know why all this code is in english? I thought this was a japanese developer. Not that I'm complaining.

Memacile

Sep 22, 2022
Thanks for the response. I was afraid I was going to have to mess with IL editing. Still, I'll tinker on it and see what it does. By the way, do know why all this code is in english? I thought this was a japanese developer. Not that I'm complaining.
Not too long ago I made a post about BepInEx modding if you are interested in that:
https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-black-market-v2-0-16-0-dlc-team-apple-pie.124772/post-12260272
malcolm965 was also interested in it. So maybe you can also help each other.

I might do a more step by step tutorial later. Though, mostly this and this can get you started for BepInEx modding.

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
IL editing of MBM's code proved to be quite effective in my case, though. I only failed to implement some new stuff on graphics/spine side and mostly because of GameManager.cs which spits garbage code with current dnspy version anyway:

dnspyGarbageCode.png

If you see a code like this in Assembly via dnspy in a class - I really don't recommend to touch it. Best case scenario, it won't do anything/not what you want. Or it'll just break the game on next loading.

For this reason BepInEx modding can do much more. If you're interested, definitely check some tutorials.
Why japanese developers use English? I believe if someone can code that's an obvious choice.

I did encounter some cases with "Ingrish" code before as well, but most of the time they got it right and 'very readable'.

Spine-texture/sprite data, though? Mostly in a developer's language all the time. But not in MBM/ProjectR's case, as an exception.

Last edited:
Reactions: golwas

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
I checked cheat engine. With mods and without mods.
Cheat Engine, choose game exe as a process. Select 4byte.
And just buy shower for 50 bucks until you narrow it to two addresses, one of them is right one. Add money you want. That easy. I donno how you were unable to find address. It's very simple to find.

I've used it before on my old computer, but for some reason Cheat Engine 7.5 just won't open for me, citing I'm not the admin or something >_>

Reactions: BlackeyeVuk

Seiryuu

Jun 2, 2018
I've been pretty obsessed with this game lately and the translation, while serviceable, has a lot of weirdness and inconsistencies that I wasn't a fan of, so when I found out it's a simple and freely editable text file.... I totally redid the entire english localization for the game.

I'm many, many revisions deep at this point and am pretty pleased with the result, so if anybody wants to play a more competent translation of the game, please just drop this into the localization folder of the game (Monster Black Market/MonsterBlackMarket_Data/StreamingAssets/Localization). Might want to back up your original file, just in case.

Something of a changelog in the spoiler

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is great, but I've come across a minor problem. The descriptions for the perk unlocks are now too long and doesn't fit the perk window, so unless you already know what the perks do from previous knowledge, it's very hard to know exactly what unlocks say, elves for instance.

Sadie227

May 11, 2022
This is great, but I've come across a minor problem. The descriptions for the perk unlocks are now too long and doesn't fit the perk window, so unless you already know what the perks do from previous knowledge, it's very hard to know exactly what unlocks say, elves for instance.
Not quite sure what you mean, could you clarify a little please? Maybe post a screenshot?

If you're talking about unique traits, you need to hover over them to see their tooltip which explains what they do - it was like this before I edited them. If you're talking about the upgrades available for the npc assistants, you can click and drag the border of the menu to make it bigger and see the whole text, but, again, there was text that went off-screen in the game before I changed anything.

If it's a real issue then I'll gladly do what I can to fix it, but I'm genuinely not sure what you mean here.

Reactions: flannan

ConejoSSJ

Nov 4, 2019
Made cheat mod. Works on 2.0.15.1, not sure what other versions it may work on
View attachment 2465616

Auto clean has the same effect of niels washer item, except the effect can be toggled to be on all the time. (Niels washer also cures infected rooms)
Brainwash all NPCs does not modify NPC favorability, it just allows you to have sex with NPCs at private estate.
100 items should add 100 of each item (Button can be spammed if you want). It should be all items I think.
Special slaves can be spawned more than once.

Installation:
BepInEx 5 installed to game (If you are new to BepInEx, you download BepInEx from their github, extract its contents into the game folder, and open the game window for BepInEx to generate config files)
Place .dll file into BepInEx\Plugins folder (plugins folder will not be there unless BepInEx is properly installed)

A button "Toggle Menu" should appear on the title screen in the top left. If it does not appear, you likely did something wrong with the installation, or have a mod conflict with other mods installed.
Does it still work with the latest version or is there a new trick that can be used?

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
Is there a Updated cheat table for v2.0.16.0? Can't seem to find one and the only one I can find is outdated.

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
What does Taint in CB do, it takes 10 vitality so it must be huge something huge right?
It gives a point of Eternal essence, if I am not mistaken.
I never actually used it, so I can't guarantee it.

Seiryuu

Jun 2, 2018
Not quite sure what you mean, could you clarify a little please? Maybe post a screenshot?

If you're talking about unique traits, you need to hover over them to see their tooltip which explains what they do - it was like this before I edited them. If you're talking about the upgrades available for the npc assistants, you can click and drag the border of the menu to make it bigger and see the whole text, but, again, there was text that went off-screen in the game before I changed anything.

If it's a real issue then I'll gladly do what I can to fix it, but I'm genuinely not sure what you mean here.
Skärmbild (22).png
Skärmbild (24).png

ConejoSSJ

Nov 4, 2019
I need help, how can I get the salamander? The game doesn't tell me anything nor do I know how to get it

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
I need help, how can I get the salamander? The game doesn't tell me anything nor do I know how to get it
Pretty sure you have to "dismantle" slaves or monsters to get DNA If my memory serves me right. The chance is usually low so you have to do ALOT of dismantling.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ConejoSSJ

Sadie227

May 11, 2022
Okay, yeah, that's just a part of the game that was in the original TL too. You're even looking at the solution in the second screenshot-- the cursor has changed to the "click and drag to expand" icon because you're hovering over the right side border.

That's not really an issue for me to fix, sorry. Just click and drag the right side of the window to make it wider.

ConejoSSJ

Nov 4, 2019
Pretty sure you have to "dismantle" slaves or monsters to get DNA If my memory serves me right. The chance is usually low so you have to do ALOT of dismantling.
Thank you very much for telling me, out of curiosity, do you also know what type of girl I can bring to my protagonist? I'm bringing dragons, goblins, dwarves, etc. to the house and she doesn't want them or I don't know what's going on, she can't do anything with them.

DudeBro79

Jun 8, 2020
Thank you very much for telling me, out of curiosity, do you also know what type of girl I can bring to my protagonist? I'm bringing dragons, goblins, dwarves, etc. to the house and she doesn't want them or I don't know what's going on, she can't do anything with them.
If you want your protagonist to fuck a slave, build a VIP or VVIP room and put the two of them in there.

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
You need an alchemy lab and a dismantler for that.
Dismantle any slaves or monsters (I heard goblins and humans are paricularly good) until you get an "origin DNA" as a byproduct.
You can use it to make any kind of slave or monster, so use it to make a salamander. You've probably already made a minotaur - it's the same thing.

You can build your estate the same way as you build the main base. Any brothel rooms can have slaves in them, but the only man who goes there is your alter ego. Basement rooms can't have humans in them, but you can put monsters there.
You can also bring your colleagues there by brainwashing them. You'll need to get 100% approval from them first, though. Their locations would be fixed, but you can get unique animations of your protagonist having sex with them.

4.50 star(s) 108 Votes