Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
I wonder if Dragomira, in the few minutes that she has wolf blood in her system, is vulnerable to the MC's pheromone control ability.

imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
sharks are all cartilage; merShark [manshark?] could be too; also one of his weaknesses could be that he has micropenis or
or hypersensitivity in that area?
or MC can get Sofia to use a magic spell to make the area they are going to fight in extra hot or dry or both?

Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
sharks are all cartilage; merShark [manshark?] could be too; also one of his weaknesses could be that he has micropenis or
or MC can get Sofia to use a magic spell to make the area they are going to fight in extra hot or dry or both?
King shark man claimed that if they were to fight on his terms and in his environment, the MC wouldn't last a minute. It would be so satisfying to beat that walking and talking sack of cartilage at his own game and on his own turf.

Reactions: imzahai

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
He already said and Grace confirmed as well that Fishy McFishhead has a massive dick that kills his mermaid wives due to them being unable to survive the size. He literally destroys their internal organs when he cums, if they survive that long that is.

As I've said a dick that large is a massive weak point.
Regardless of whether Fishy McFishhead suffers from hypersensitivity or not.
King shark man claimed that if they were to fight on his terms and in his environment, the MC wouldn't last a minute. It would be so satisfying to beat that walking and talking sack of cartilage at his own game and on his own turf.
And he would be correct.
That is because MC is dependent on oxygen and can't breathe under water.
In his environment MC would start with a massive disadvantage which gets worse after a few seconds since the transformation is not gentle to clothes, including rebreathers.

Even if he somehow can convince Sofia to help him with a spell (remember she is on a "revenge against former ... bullies warpath" right now) Fishy McFishhead has magical control over that area and likely can counter these spells.

AslanBalaur

Nov 16, 2020
Hello, new to the game and really enjoying it, but I am running into a lot of image, music and sound effect errors. Most of the sound ones, I've been able to fix, since it was just a spelling difference in the code, and the traceback gives me the info needed to change the sound file name to make it work (woosh sound set spelled "woosh" in file name but "whoosh" in the code.) Now I have an image error that doesn't have enough info to tell me which image file to correct. Traceback is as such:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script/cap_03/cap_03_sc_01 - Festa_Piscina_Lily.rpy", line 150, in script call
call mod5_1
File "game/script/cap_06/cap_06_sc_10 - Emily Cripta.rpy", line 165, in script
play sex_sfx img_17
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 123, in execute_play_music
renpy.music.play(_audio_eval(p["file"]),
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 32, in _audio_eval
return eval(expr, locals=store.audio.__dict__)
File "game/script/cap_06/cap_06_sc_10 - Emily Cripta.rpy", line 165, in <module>
play sex_sfx img_17
NameError: name 'img_17' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script/cap_03/cap_03_sc_01 - Festa_Piscina_Lily.rpy", line 150, in script call
call mod5_1
play sex_sfx img_17
File "C:\Users\drago\Desktop\Prawns\Monster College\MonsterCollege-0.7.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2232, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "C:\Users\drago\Desktop\Prawns\Monster College\MonsterCollege-0.7.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2220, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\drago\Desktop\Prawns\Monster College\MonsterCollege-0.7.8-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 281, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\drago\Desktop\Prawns\Monster College\MonsterCollege-0.7.8-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1083, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\drago\Desktop\Prawns\Monster College\MonsterCollege-0.7.8-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1076, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script/cap_06/cap_06_sc_10 - Emily Cripta.rpy", line 165, in <module>
play sex_sfx img_17

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.2.22081402
Sat Jan 13 15:38:12 2024

If anyone can tell me how to fix this, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

EDIT: I receive a similar error for almost every other image in the crypt scene. I can "ignore" to move past them, but I feel I am missing a lot of the story this way.

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Hello, new to the game and really enjoying it, but I am running into a lot of image, music and sound effect errors. Most of the sound ones, I've been able to fix, since it was just a spelling difference in the code, and the traceback gives me the info needed to change the sound file name to make it work (woosh sound set spelled "woosh" in file name but "whoosh" in the code.) Now I have an image error that doesn't have enough info to tell me which image file to correct. Traceback is as such:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
call mod5_1
play sex_sfx img_17
play sex_sfx img_17

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
call mod5_1
play sex_sfx img_17
File "C:\Users\drago\Desktop\Prawns\Monster College\MonsterCollege-0.7.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2232, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "C:\Users\drago\Desktop\Prawns\Monster College\MonsterCollege-0.7.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2220, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\drago\Desktop\Prawns\Monster College\MonsterCollege-0.7.8-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 281, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\drago\Desktop\Prawns\Monster College\MonsterCollege-0.7.8-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1083, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\drago\Desktop\Prawns\Monster College\MonsterCollege-0.7.8-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1076, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
play sex_sfx img_17

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.2.22081402
Sat Jan 13 15:38:12 2024

If anyone can tell me how to fix this, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

EDIT: I receive a similar error for almost every other image in the crypt scene. I can "ignore" to move past them, but I feel I am missing a lot of the story this way.
are you using walki-mod?
i would guess so, considering that cap_06_sc_10 - Emily Cripta.rpy" line 165 actually has play sex_sfx cap_06_sc_10_017 and gives no errors in "normal" game.
probably the reason for 99% of others errors you are getting...

EDIT.
yup, checked now, and you ARE using walki mod, as there is line 165 play sex_sfx img_17, so you better go to mod thread and ask for help there.
also for future reference if you have problems with any games, please do tell everything (aka Im using mod) and do not just post plain traceback, if you wanna help. thanks.

Last edited:

AslanBalaur

Nov 16, 2020
EDIT.
yup, checked now, and you ARE using walki mod, as there is line 165 play sex_sfx img_17, so you better go to mod thread and ask for help there.
also for future reference if you have problems with any games, please do tell everything (aka Im using mod) and do not just post plain traceback, if you wanna help. thanks.

WOOPS!! Sorry, you're right, I didn't even think of the walkthrough mod, 'cause I forgot I'd added it. Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: Abhai

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
I try to give some answers I hope not to miss anyone !
A lot of attention has been paid to the confrontation in the hall between several of the potential LIs, and that it occurs even when the MC is specifically not on any of their paths, let alone all of them. Personally I wonder if it could be 'solved' by a dialogue option along the lines of 'What are you maniacs talking about? Just because I was nice to you doesn't mean we are dating'.

Related, but I can't seem to trigger the option right after that scene to tell Anne that the MC is only interested in her, even on playthroughs where he hasn't been involved with any other LIs.

In the most recent update, after the confrontation with King Shark Morlos, Grace mentions she and the MC slept together even in playthroughs where they did not.

At any rate, still really enjoying the VN, and looking forward to new updates.

Reactions: Abhai

Ass prefer

Sep 30, 2022
The upcoming battle with the shark king should be legendary. All for the sake of saving our beautiful mermaid. We have to win

Aug 7, 2020
A lot of attention has been paid to the confrontation in the hall between several of the potential LIs, and that it occurs even when the MC is specifically not on any of their paths, let alone all of them. Personally I wonder if it could be 'solved' by a dialogue option along the lines of 'What are you maniacs talking about? Just because I was nice to you doesn't mean we are dating'.

Related, but I can't seem to trigger the option right after that scene to tell Anne that the MC is only interested in her, even on playthroughs where he hasn't been involved with any other LIs.

In the most recent update, after the confrontation with King Shark Morlos, Grace mentions she and the MC slept together even in playthroughs where they did not.

At any rate, still really enjoying the VN, and looking forward to new updates.
It seems that there are some messes with the choiche test I try to check and in case correct the things you pointed out to me

Unfortunately, the more plots there are the harder it is to keep track of everything without making mistakes

Aug 7, 2020
Not what i am asking.
I did download latest version, and as you said, it is "fixed" but not correctly, so i am asking will it be fixed correctly in a patch release or will we have to wait for the next regular update

hello I make a summary about the translation that sucked I work more or less like this (I write in Italian because I am a wanker in English, a bit like the vast majority of Italians)

I use a tool (made by me so it is not to be trusted ) that mechanically translates the text into English

I send the text to an English-speaking guy who fixes it

I translate the English text fixed in the other languages (again with the tool) I send it to a Russian girl who fixes the Russian and to a French guy who fixes the French (soon to a guy for Spanish)

the penultimate time I didn't send a scene to the guy who fixes the English (So it was the fault of my stubby fingers that didn't select all the files) so you played the version translated by the automatic translator

in the next version we fixed it this does not take away from the fact that there might still be some errors if you point me out where I fix it

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
It seems that there are some messes with the choiche test I try to check and in case correct the things you pointed out to me

Unfortunately, the more plots there are the harder it is to keep track of everything without making mistakes
imho, this is the most important issue with your game so far.
everything else, including those he/she and similar language issues, is secondary and trivial compared to that plot-hole and enforced scene/s...ofc unless your intention isnt to make fake vn aka kn with enforced harem?

Aug 7, 2020
Honestly it feels like we have gotten the introduction to the game out of the way and are about to start into the game in earnest, and you are telling us that the next chapter is the end?

That pretty much rules out that Grace, Maxine or Suzi will be elevated to Main LI. And according to the dev only those will get an ending ...

I don't know why I even had hopes for the game to begin with.

Some players are interested in lily, grace, dragomira, maxine, olga, ...
We have not chosen yet.
We have chosen to tell 4 girls about a possible future, either separate or together.
One of them answered direct NO to a solo route and all of them "need to think" about a harem route.

Judging by the harem implementation and the discussion beforehand that it will not be a harem game I have a feeling that the setting is the one saving grace that keeps me engaged. The story and it's implementation not so much ...

It 100% is planned to become some kind of episodic game bullshit.
A few weeks after the last update here you'll suddenly see "Monster College 2" pop up in version 0.01.
Honestly it feels like we have gotten the introduction to the game out of the way and are about to start into the game in earnest, and you are telling us that the next chapter is the end?

That pretty much rules out that Grace, Maxine or Suzi will be elevated to Main LI. And according to the dev only those will get an ending ...

I don't know why I even had hopes for the game to begin with.

Some players are interested in lily, grace, dragomira, maxine, olga, ...
We have not chosen yet.
We have chosen to tell 4 girls about a possible future, either separate or together.
One of them answered direct NO to a solo route and all of them "need to think" about a harem route.

Judging by the harem implementation and the discussion beforehand that it will not be a harem game I have a feeling that the setting is the one saving grace that keeps me engaged. The story and it's implementation not so much ...

It 100% is planned to become some kind of episodic game bullshit.
A few weeks after the last update here you'll suddenly see "Monster College 2" pop up in version 0.01.
I clarify once again

(I won't tell you even under torture which are the main girls)

as said from the beginning the game has harem endings this does not mean that all the main Li will have chances to end up in the harem

one big chapter 7 release is missing, chapter 8 which as has been said will be eventful and a bit longer than the others.

but as said there will be an epilogue chapter (in short we are still far from the credits)

as for a MC 2 I have no plans for that yet, finished monster college I had in mind :

1) a sequel with the same MC and the same location

2) a sequel with the same MC and a different location

3) a sequel with a different MC in this location or another one but with the same setting

4) a different game with a different setting but with similar mechanics, maybe set aside more time to do a sequel maybe gathering various suggestions.

however, I haven't started working on it yet I wouldn't have the material time (I have to look for collaborators because otherwise I'll get to the epilogue melted)

Sep 3, 2020
I clarify once again

(I won't tell you even under torture which are the main girls)

as said from the beginning the game has harem endings this does not mean that all the main Li will have chances to end up in the harem

one big chapter 7 release is missing, chapter 8 which as has been said will be eventful and a bit longer than the others.

but as said there will be an epilogue chapter (in short we are still far from the credits)

as for a MC 2 I have no plans for that yet, finished monster college I had in mind :

1) a sequel with the same MC and the same location

2) a sequel with the same MC and a different location

3) a sequel with a different MC in this location or another one but with the same setting

4) a different game with a different setting but with similar mechanics, maybe set aside more time to do a sequel maybe gathering various suggestions.

however, I haven't started working on it yet I wouldn't have the material time (I have to look for collaborators because otherwise I'll get to the epilogue melted)
how it feels when one of the developers you like replies to everybody's feedback except yours
sponge-bob-square-pants-sad.gif

4.50 star(s) 75 Votes