KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Where do I go from here to make the sex scenes less vanilla if none of the above were enough to make people not think the game is extremely vanilla?
It has variety with a lot of different characters, but as you said due to your lack of fappability with x-jobs most sex tends to be vaginal. If people don't play too deeply it can seem like meet monster girl - have vaginal sex and impregnate - repeat. If you are really concerned about adding some flavor then venture into the areas you don't find fappable and give additional variety to the sex scenes, or look at other ways the different monster girls can use their physical assets to provide additional sexual escapades.

Overall I find it enjoyable as it is.

narutomater

May 2, 2020
i agree with you guys this game is good the way it is and saying its to Vanillia is ridiculous when its a Vanillia game to begin with we dont want that NTR or dark shit to ruin this awesome game although i like the game the way it is but i wish there could be more titjobs and possibllity add footjobs and have more blowjobs and hand jobs but other then that i love this game

narutomater

May 2, 2020
TwistedScarlett wanted to ask after the Big Battel with Calamity and the Evil Goddess Eris will Ray and Bessie finally say there ready for Dante AKA the MC to Creampie them and have his Babies? Im hoping for that after all with there big battel Over they should be able to but do you have plans for that after the main story is done? if so that would be Awesome

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
TwistedScarlett wanted to ask after the Big Battel with Calamity and the Evil Goddess Eris will Ray and Bessie finally say there ready for Dante AKA the MC to Creampie them and have his Babies? Im hoping for that after all with there big battel Over they should be able to but do you have plans for that after the main story is done? if so that would be Awesome
Yeah, I'll figure something out :unsure:

Siren222

Oct 31, 2022
Hey, everyone!

One of the largest and most consistent criticisms people have against Monster Girl 1,000 is that it's too vanilla. I read a review recently that said the game was "99% vanilla," but I really don't understand how to fix this because, as far as I'm aware, the game is anything but vanilla.

We've had:
- A 9ft Giantess that mothers and smothers you.
- Two fairies that ride your dick
- Several hundred year old milf elves
- Public sex with a princess on her throne
- Master/Slave pet play with a literal werewolf
- Werewolf transformation and sex
- Rope play, spanking, hair pulling, dirty talk and rough sex
- Femdom
- Voyeurism
- Multiple 'taurs with realistic horse genitalia
- Sex with your adoptive sister and mother. "Step-bro, I'm stuck!"
- A literal tailjob
- Selfcest sex with a doppelganger
- Double penetration with two versions of yourself.
- A mute zombie girl and two other undead girls.
- A possessed wooden doll
- A lamia, a slime girl, a frog girl, an ant girl and a shark girl!
- Threesome with twins
- A flat-chested, smol goblin
- An alraune that you have sex with in a plant full of aphrodisiacs
- Endless pregnancy, lactation and pregnant sex.
- Two mega muscle babes
- Tons of Anal
- Several instances of taking virginity
- Several instances of seducing and "corrupting" pure girls, including two nuns.

I appreciate there are a lot of vanilla scenes between these and there is a large focus on vaginal sex because I personally find hand jobs, titjobs, and blowjobs to be a bit boring and unfappable.

Am I not putting enough attention on the fetishes themselves, or are they getting lost in the sea of content and people are forgetting about them?

Where do I go from here to make the sex scenes less vanilla if none of the above were enough to make people not think the game is extremely vanilla?

I think you're doing just fine. You can tell you've put in a colossal amount of effort into this game, from lore to dialog to art. Keep it coming!

That being said, I know my personal favorite would be some kind of gloryhole in town, where (once the girls can give birth) they can come and "service" the MC for another round of pregnancy or just for fun (kinda like your other game, Tuition Academia). I saw earlier in the thread, you were playing around with the idea of specifically how to work in the births. If I may be so bold, what about some kind of lore, emphasizing that due to the decline of the male population, female gestation periods have vastly quickened in an attempt to counter balance it?

And lastly, call me odd, but I know it'd be fun to be able to see the births individually, for me. I know that's a helluva lot of effort for you, but just kicking around some ideas. Ruby member now, so always looking forward to your next creation/update!

Reactions: Ara-Ara lover

DHeroLegend

Dec 15, 2019
As it stands she can't ever have children. But lore wise there's no reason MC can't eventually use his demigod powers to heal her and allow her to have children. Unless she turns down the offer. That said it's entirely up to the dev.
I know but kinda holding out hope we could maybe find a way to fix it in later builds as well as add in possible impregnation stuff with characters like Historia

CarlCarlson99

Oct 27, 2022
I feel like the way things went in Misty woods, that Historia would be repaired. Makes sense anyways, considering what happened.

phlex

Jun 15, 2020
I really enjoy the game and the writing is great. For me personally the thing that's missing the most is a little bit of agency, I want to have some impact on the scenes, be able to do things that change them. The pregnancy scenes for example should have slightly different writing, and if it already does then a bit more. More options during the scenes instead of Dante magically knowing the right choices.
Dante can do no wrong right now, all the girls are just entirely into him and I know thats essentially a plot point but it would be nice if we could effect those interactions more. Right now the gift giving system is just the perfect gift no matter what, if we could choose it might be more interesting.

Girls get pregnant at the snap of their fingers, but no children come along, the world often feels like it's at a standstill since you can't really impact it beyond playing the main story line, but the immediate pregnancy is a bit of whiplash.
Alice was one of the best scenes because you had to work for it, I'm not suggesting you do that level for every single girl in the game, that would be absurd, but a little more agency would go a long way I think.

Early on I was saving at conversation choices and eventually just stopped because I started to feel like my choices really didn't matter. The game was REALLY immersive until I realized that, and past that it was just kind of immersive. Ultimately, I find your writing really really good and it kept me engaged in the story, but eventually I was just doing the scenes for completion because they were a lot of the same.

Maybe something as simple as having multiple graphics per scene would add a lot of benefit. We also don't get enough kissing scenes in my opinion. At the end of the day I don't think the game is too vanilla as much as it is too samey in each scene, and with little impact on how the scenes progress.

Actually, I just realized that part of the disconnect is likely that the writing is not vanilla, but the graphics are fairly vanilla, in that it's a single scene and usually only a single cumshot per scene. OH, and also after scenes don't have any evidence of the deed despite it being written about. I distinctly remember writing about cum dripping on the ground without any in the graphic, it disappointed me.

If I had to pick one thing for you to change it would probably be to make cum persist after the scene so that you actually get a sense that something was done. Right now it's all in the writing. But that ties in really cleanly with what I said before, not enough agency, not enough observable aftereffects, not enough scene variation.
Hell, being able to choose to pull out just to see the girls disappointment would be incredibly interesting. Or send a cumshot their way just to see how they react. Dante is a gentleman but surely he can push boundaries a little bit right?
I think that's really what would make the game less vanilla feeling, choices and being able to observe the effects of them, good and bad.

Oh yeah, and girls having different emotional states that effect scenes, them getting lonely if you don't visit them for too long, mild jealousy from some characters maybe. I wanted to mention this a little earlier in the post but I kind of just wrote my thoughts, maybe I'll revise this post later so it's all articulated a bit better, especially since I'm back and forth between multiple different ideas and I'm not even sure which are the most important. I just know these are some of the things I feel like I'm missing out on.

Also I recognize that even just one of these would probably be a mountain to pull off, so don't feel like I'm saying you need to do all of them, or even one of them all the way through. There's always room for a sequel that expands and focuses on dating sim style aspects with character emotional state and dynamic events. For now I think I just want kissing, and cum to be visible after scenes. Oh and actually, full bodied portraits maybe, although that's just a petpeeve I don't know how much it actually matters regarding your current goals.

You've covered a lot of different fetishes, so I highly doubt that's whats missing. It's just the samey scenes, lack of agency, lack of variations in reactions (ties in with agency) and lack of cum permanence. MAYBE cumshots, but that's not entirely my thing, I know I'm missing out on oral focused scenes and kissing though.

If you want a concrete idea for another fetish to add, maybe bodyswapping, it already fit's the lore of the story after all.

Thanks for reading my long post, I really enjoy your game and it's great to see you putting so much effort into honing it into the best piece of art possible.

Last edited:

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
I really enjoy the game and the writing is great. For me personally the thing that's missing the most is a little bit of agency, I want to have some impact on the scenes, be able to do things that change them. The pregnancy scenes for example should have slightly different writing, and if it already does then a bit more. More options during the scenes instead of Dante magically knowing the right choices.
Dante can do no wrong right now, all the girls are just entirely into him and I know thats essentially a plot point but it would be nice if we could effect those interactions more. Right now the gift giving system is just the perfect gift no matter what, if we could choose it might be more interesting.

Girls get pregnant at the snap of their fingers, but no children come along, the world often feels like it's at a standstill since you can't really impact it beyond playing the main story line, but the immediate pregnancy is a bit of whiplash.
Alice was one of the best scenes because you had to work for it, I'm not suggesting you do that level for every single girl in the game, that would be absurd, but a little more agency would go a long way I think.

Early on I was saving at conversation choices and eventually just stopped because I started to feel like my choices really didn't matter. The game was REALLY immersive until I realized that, and past that it was just kind of immersive. Ultimately, I find your writing really really good and it kept me engaged in the story, but eventually I was just doing the scenes for completion because they were a lot of the same.

Maybe something as simple as having multiple graphics per scene would add a lot of benefit. We also don't get enough kissing scenes in my opinion. At the end of the day I don't think the game is too vanilla as much as it is too samey in each scene, and with little impact on how the scenes progress.

Actually, I just realized that part of the disconnect is likely that the writing is not vanilla, but the graphics are fairly vanilla, in that it's a single scene and usually only a single cumshot per scene. OH, and also after scenes don't have any evidence of the deed despite it being written about. I distinctly remember writing about cum dripping on the ground without any in the graphic, it disappointed me.

If I had to pick one thing for you to change it would probably be to make cum persist after the scene so that you actually get a sense that something was done. Right now it's all in the writing. But that ties in really cleanly with what I said before, not enough agency, not enough observable aftereffects, not enough scene variation.
Hell, being able to choose to pull out just to see the girls disappointment would be incredibly interesting. Or send a cumshot their way just to see how they react. Dante is a gentleman but surely he can push boundaries a little bit right?
I think that's really what would make the game less vanilla feeling, choices and being able to observe the effects of them, good and bad.

Oh yeah, and girls having different emotional states that effect scenes, them getting lonely if you don't visit them for too long, mild jealousy from some characters maybe. I wanted to mention this a little earlier in the post but I kind of just wrote my thoughts, maybe I'll revise this post later so it's all articulated a bit better, especially since I'm back and forth between multiple different ideas and I'm not even sure which are the most important. I just know these are some of the things I feel like I'm missing out on.

Also I recognize that even just one of these would probably be a mountain to pull off, so don't feel like I'm saying you need to do all of them, or even one of them all the way through. There's always room for a sequel that expands and focuses on dating sim style aspects with character emotional state and dynamic events. For now I think I just want kissing, and cum to be visible after scenes. Oh and actually, full bodied portraits maybe, although that's just a petpeeve I don't know how much it actually matters regarding your current goals.

You've covered a lot of different fetishes, so I highly doubt that's whats missing. It's just the samey scenes, lack of agency, lack of variations in reactions (ties in with agency) and lack of cum permanence. MAYBE cumshots, but that's not entirely my thing, I know I'm missing out on oral focused scenes and kissing though.

If you want a concrete idea for another fetish to add, maybe bodyswapping, it already fit's the lore of the story after all.

Thanks for reading my long post, I really enjoy your game and it's great to see you putting so much effort into honing it into the best piece of art possible.
I agree with everything you've said. There are some things that really are just limitations, like having cum appear naturally on characters after sex scenes, while feasible, would lead to an increased filesize and an excessive amount of images in RPGMaker's already poorly made UI which forces me to browse through the entire list of them whenever I want to make a single one appear. There's a reason the NPC names are carefully spaced out in the alphabet so it's easier to find them, lol.

Also some things are just limited by scope, this game kind of ended up too bloated, it would have been nicer to focus on a smaller cast of characters and focus on depth instead of width. It's a good lesson to learn though.

I like the idea of having small cut-ins for kissing so they're not just represented with text, but unfortunately this is an idea I've only just gotten now from reading your post. It'll be something I try to include moving on.

Basically, what this all comes down to is, my next game is gonna kick ass because of how much I've learnt from developing MG1K.

CarlCarlson99

Oct 27, 2022
Every time I visit Eldar i get really sleepy because when I was a child, the daycare i went to always played the song when it was time for a nap. What kind of monster would Pavlov a child T-T

4.50 star(s) 102 Votes