kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
done with shroom city. to advance the story forward, you have to leave to world map, and not go straight to home. had a hard time continuing the story because of this.

the cheats is surprisingly useful if you don't want to grind for that one item that you need for a mythic upgrade. cheat is justified just because of this bs rng. same with the legend ore. well you can choose not to cheat, but you'll be overleveled anyway just because rng refuses to give you that one item.

speaking of overlevel, collessium/battle game. just a few repeats of that and yeah you'll be overleveled. definitely cheat the rng bs.

and again, please, please this game needs more assets like bgm and backgrounds for the lore building segments. rewriting can be done later.

i refuse to replace my 5 tier armor on Ray that gives permanent demon form. ultima fury is too good to pass up.
super shotgun is also a game breaker. just give bessie all the +1 attack that you could get. her 4 tier armor has it. it's in the snow area wilderness. there's a chest there that's seemingly inaccessible. can't buy normally.
and my dante is too slow to do anything. and even then he can't do any real damage. glacial acid is a useless mythic weapon.

Last edited:
Reactions: TwistedScarlett60

Vindaria

Jul 3, 2021
There is nothing but the maze and the game is over????
We've been waiting for so many years and there's nothing!!!

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Hey everyone, thanks for all the kind words! It's a shame to see some salty reviews recently. Honestly, I don't get how one mission can make or break a game that's over 30 hours long. I don't mean to sound rude, but the reviews come across as unhinged rants rather than helpful criticism, where anything good I created is overshadowed by pedantic, heavily subjective reasons like "I used anime tropes", or "I didn't make the protagonist a mindless power fantasy", and "does the dev seriously believe people play this for a different reason other than just banging monster girls?". I hope people don't read these reviews and think it's a suitable description of the game.

You wouldn't assume it from the last two reviews, but almost everyone so far has praised the ending, citing it as a highlight of the game. I poured two years of hard work into trying my best to create a unique and forgettable experience, so if you did enjoy playing Monster Girl 1,000, I'd really appreciate it if you could leave a review by clicking those stars up top. I always read them and try to learn from your feedback for future projects. Thanks again for your support; it means a lot!

I'm really excited working on my next game right now, Unveiling the Unknown. I hope to see you then too!

AnisNIK

Feb 23, 2023
Hey everyone, thanks for all the kind words! It's a shame to see some salty reviews recently. Honestly, I don't get how one mission can make or break a game that's over 30 hours long. I don't mean to sound rude, but the reviews come across as unhinged rants rather than helpful criticism, where anything good I created is overshadowed by pedantic, heavily subjective reasons like "I used anime tropes", or "I didn't make the protagonist a mindless power fantasy", and "does the dev seriously believe people play this for a different reason other than just banging monster girls?". I hope people don't read these reviews and think it's a suitable description of the game.
The final mission was rather the peek of how bad it was. The actual problems started much earlier, around mid-game when you reach the capital city. With that whole Eris ark going on. Like all these OP characters and not a single one is particularly interesting. The most interesting ones were throughout the entire game Bessie and Ray. The rest are bad.
You wouldn't assume it from the last two reviews, but almost everyone so far has praised the ending, citing it as a highlight of the game. I poured two years of hard work into trying my best to create a unique and forgettable experience, so if you did enjoy playing Monster Girl 1,000, I'd really appreciate it if you could leave a review by clicking those stars up top. I always read them and try to learn from your feedback for future projects. Thanks again for your support; it means a lot!
Almost everyone who praised it also has quite a big sunk cost fallacy going on or is actively participating on your discord.
I'm really excited working on my next game right now, Unveiling the Unknown. I hope to see you then too!
I liked your My little Pony parody game the most to be honest.

Reactions: ProMasturbator Dave

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
I love legally distinct characters.
Good stuff again. 3 decent games in a row.

Don't have an objective enough review to give so this is all you get, and my money that one time. :L

• Red Heart

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Almost everyone who praised it (Monster Girl 1,000) also has quite a big sunk cost fallacy going on or is actively participating on your discord.
This is exactly what I mean. Instead of actually acknowledging that there is any possibility that some people enjoyed my game and you were in the minority, you twist this bizarre delusion that everyone else who liked the game must be wrong or a fanboy. Even though the game has a 94% positive rating on Steam and a 92% here on F95zone.

The fact you gave the game a 1/5 but played so far in it is absurd to me. You wouldn't play a 1/5-star game this long, trust me. Should a game not deserve at least a 2 or a 3 based on the merit of its music, art, gameplay, or other content? Do you know what a 1/5 game actually looks like? It could be a buggy mess, have MS Paint graphics, messy UIs, or extremely confusing gameplay. I don't particularly enjoy Hollow Knight, but I still recognize that the game is at least an 8/10, and it'd be sheer hubris to assume that my own subjective opinions carry enough weight to give it a 1/10 in spite of its high-quality art, music, and gameplay.

It feels like you went out of your way to give it a 1/5, not for any actual reason pertaining to the quality of the game but more so to stand out and give your opinions some dramatic weight. I've seen your other reviews too; a 1/5 on Succum Brewery is insane; that game has extremely polished art and an interesting story. Then you also gave 1/5 to "In Heat: Lustful Nights." In fact, almost all your reviews are 1/5. Do you just think this is the equivalent of a "dislike" button? And I'm not saying there's no such thing as a 1/5 game, and I'm not being conceited and saying my game deserves better ratings; I just don't like this trend of people who think it's appropriate to leave a spiteful 1/5 review when their feelings and points may actually be more accurate in a 3/5.

Now if you can turn around and genuinely say, "I still think this is a 1/5", which is the lowest possible rating you can give to a game on F95zone and the equivalent rating to what a completely broken, atrocious, or straight-up BitCoinMining/Virus game would get here, I'll have to concede defeat. But I at least want others to recognize that this isn't cool and maybe discourage it in the future. I hope something in this post resonates with you and can hopefully encourage you to be more thoughtful and appreciative in your reviews. Don't forget, other human beings make these games, often spending years of eight-hour work days grinding them out just for your enjoyment. That doesn't mean they're beyond criticism, but they certainly deserve to be treated fairly.

Sorath

Jan 11, 2023
@TwistedScarlett60

hey, the story and dialogues are nice, and the fact that the MC can have options in the dialogues is really good too, but what i m seeing as right now (the rat girl starving) and with mary at the start of the game, is that the girls in the sex scenes are having a lack of facial expressions and lack of action from the MC when he says stuff like "put fingers in some places" liek i dont see the hand doing that

my question is, will the game be like that all the time or did you put a little more action in the sex scenes over the time?

i dont see myself playing this anymore if the action doesn t get harder , too vanilla for me :KEK:

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
If nothing else you have to admit with my take about backgrounds and bgm being very very repetitive. especially with the Rosaria part where she's explaining all these gloomy lore but then this bgm would suddenly sing "darling darling" like uhh. it's a bit after the Eris choice split.

and i agree with the guy above me. some of the H positions are re-used with some editing here and there.

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
@TwistedScarlett60

hey, the story and dialogues are nice, and the fact that the MC can have options in the dialogues is really good too, but what i m seeing as right now (the rat girl starving) and with mary at the start of the game, is that the girls in the sex scenes are having a lack of facial expressions and lack of action from the MC when he says stuff like "put fingers in some places" liek i dont see the hand doing that

my question is, will the game be like that all the time or did you put a little more action in the sex scenes over the time?
Overall, the scenes don't focus on the little things. The smaller motions of characters kissing, or fondling breasts, for example, are written but not shown.
The game strikes a balance between a written and visual experience; some things will be told but now shown, and other things may be shown but not told. While it's not ideal, it helped me, a solo developer, manage to make such a large quantity of scenes spread out among so many characters.
Some scenes may show this additional level of detail, and some may not. I'd often considered this game's sex scenes to be closer to Corruption of Champions' text experience with pictures than a focused visual experience. This overall was designed for quantity over quality, and I admit that I've since learned that this wasn't the best choice for a H-Game that does feature art, because, unlike a purely text-based game, there is a higher expectation for the visual element. I would say the quality of the art and writing in the sex scenes improves, and the last few sex scenes are probably the best.

I definitely want to change my approach to sex scenes moving forward. I've already begun rigging up art for the preparation of animations, something I've never done before. My next game will feature multi-part sex scenes that follow the writing closely between multiple scenes, with animation and moaning sound effects in addition to the sex noises. The focus will be on pure quality, where every scene is designed to be a complete masturbatory experience.

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
oh and to give praise to the game: the pumpq arc was really awesome. I'm honestly surprised you didn't used that arc as Eris's arguing point in the Eris choice split segment to give Dante more internal conflict. which I think where the sunk cost mentality is kicking in. I haven't been too far in the game (apparently I'm about to reach A rank), but I'm already worried about Swiftstroke from what the steam reviews are saying.

I would suggest a rewrite, but don't make it high priority.

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
Just my two cents here, bud. Don't wanna come off too strong, but I think you should focus on the majority that liked the game. The game has a nearly perfect score. Taking the negative reviews personally isn't good for your mental health.

Of course, sift through the negative reviews with a critical eye but also with a pinch of salt. Take the legitimate criticisms, like the ones I see above about repetitive poses/backgrounds and tonal oddity with Rosaria, and then work on that.

You cannot escape detractors, unless you quit, and I don't think that majority would like you to quit.
You also cannot please everyone, if you try to then you please no one.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
oh and to give praise to the game: the pumpq arc was really awesome. I'm honestly surprised you didn't used that arc as Eris's arguing point in the Eris choice split segment to give Dante more internal conflict. which I think where the sunk cost mentality is kicking in. I haven't been too far in the game (apparently I'm about to reach A rank), but I'm already worried about Swiftstroke from what the steam reviews are saying.

I would suggest a rewrite, but don't make it high priority.
I did actually make a rewrite for version 19.3.1 that makes Swiftstroke significantly stronger, so her leap in strength is less ridiculous. You may have already played through a few parts that were changed, but some later parts are also altered.
Swiftstroke isn't that much younger than Molly, L'ightning Orchid, or Luna, so the concept of someone with potential, such as Swiftie, ascending to A-Rank level isn't too wild. I didn't really anticipate the backlash against Swiftstroke's growth in strength, since it's really not too different from the main party, or any of the other strong characters that already exist in the game. But it is often only a minor complaint people have that hopefully is smoothed over with the 19.3.1 rewrite.

Maybe if I just told everyone that Swiftstroke is closely related to a monster girl ancestor, or directly trained under Tamamo, they'd suddenly not mind, but I don't really like over justifying every little thing in a story.

Just my two cents here, bud. Don't wanna come off too strong, but I think you should focus on the majority that liked the game.
The game has a nearly perfect score. Taking the negative reviews personally isn't good for your mental health.

Of course, sift through the negative reviews with a critical eye but also with a pinch of salt. Take the legitimate criticisms, like the ones I see above about repetitive poses/backgrounds and tonal oddity with Rosaria, and then work on that.

You cannot escape detractors, unless you quit, and I don't think that majority would like you to quit.
You also cannot please everyone, if you try to then you please no one.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's true; but I don't say all this for myself, but for everyone else too. I'd probably have ignored the post if I didn't see this person going around and giving several good games 1/5 star reviews.

It's frustrating to see the hard work of developers met with "1/5, it's just a ton of reading," when the thing being reviewed is a visual novel. A part of me wishes there was a better solution other than shaming people with a lack of self-awareness into not vomiting their bad takes everywhere.

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
wouldn't that make Tamamo a villain? or is that a spoiler I'm seeing?
No spoilers, just me theorycrafting. Everyone accepts that L'ighting Orchid is as strong as she is because she was introduced like that. But the idea that someone else of a similar age could rise to that level of strength through hard work, several scenes demonstrating that hard work, some character development, and even visual changes as the character rises in power, is somehow not believable.

This is something I've struggled to rationalize. I don't see how I could have given Swiftstroke any more justification for her growth than I did, without some chosen one, "she was actually the daughter of x, or trained by y" cheat.

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
No spoilers, just me theorycrafting. Everyone accepts that L'ighting Orchid is as strong as she is because she was introduced like that. But the idea that someone else of a similar age could rise to that level of strength through hard work, several scenes demonstrating that hard work, some character development, and even visual changes as the character rises in power, is somehow not believable.

This is something I've struggled to rationalize. I don't see how I could have given Swiftstroke any more justification for her growth than I did, without some chosen one, "she was actually the daughter of x, or trained by y" cheat.
how about she's actually an isekai character from a dying, starving and struggling world? kind of like Demons Roots. in that case the rules won't apply to her anymore.

4.50 star(s) 102 Votes