Mar 24, 2019
You didn't mention random enemy drops so maybe that's it?
The thing is, enemies show what drops they have a chance of giving. I remember cross checking every enemy that I had available in the Encyclopedia with what I already collected.

By the time I beat every boss, did all the post game, and did all the repeatable quests multiple times, I'm still missing enemies somehow despite triggering every encounter I could think of in the game.

Did you ever do it yourself?

Robozoid

Dec 6, 2018
I just found out that replaying the story of quests that give blessings gives you the blessing again. I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen...

Mar 24, 2019
I just found out that replaying the story of quests that give blessings gives you the blessing again. I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen...
Did you activate cheats? I think it's a side effect of having cheats on in case you wanna collect more.
If not then I guess it's just fair game.

Robozoid

Dec 6, 2018
It's in the colosseum, the fights there are designed to level you up so they'll always give good exp for the level. They also give really powerful blessings and equipment so if you want to level up that'd be the place.
I'd also like to know how to get the nightfall wall.

Mar 24, 2019
I'd also like to know how to get the nightfall wall.
I believe that's also in the colosseum, either after you unlock the last shop upgrade that's unique to the colosseum, or from battle rewards.

Edit: Don't take me 100% on that, I just vaguely remember it being post-game. Most of the best post game stuff is in the colosseum one way or another.

Last edited:

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
I wish the states section in the encyclopedia included descriptions for how each one works.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019
I wish the states section in the encyclopedia included descriptions for how each one works.
Actually I've learned something: I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get everything in the encyclopedia, even with in-game cheats. I used a cheat tool called Mtool that the dev recommended a while back, looking at certain things in the game using that program, the way that things like items are listed in the code almost perfectly line up with how they're listed in the encyclopedia.

Some of the entries are dev tools that only they would see or use, that aren't meant to be obtainable in game, some are old features of the game that were removed from actual gameplay in updates, but left in the code partially, and they line up exactly with where the gaps are in my Encyclopedia on my 100%, all secret bosses, all quests save.

I say don't sweat the Encyclopedia percentage, and just focus on the quests and challenges that are actually implemented.

The missing bits would be things like equipment that's only used by NPCs or temporary party members, or skills that are used by enemies, or used for debugging and dev purposes.

Reactions: alteros

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
Actually I've learned something: I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get everything in the encyclopedia, even with in-game cheats. I used a cheat tool called Mtool that the dev recommended a while back, looking at certain things in the game using that program, the way that things like items are listed in the code almost perfectly line up with how they're listed in the encyclopedia.

Some of the entries are dev tools that only they would see or use, that aren't meant to be obtainable in game, some are old features of the game that were removed from actual gameplay in updates, but left in the code partially, and they line up exactly with where the gaps are in my Encyclopedia on my 100%, all secret bosses, all quests save.

I say don't sweat the Encyclopedia percentage, and just focus on the quests and challenges that are actually implemented.

The missing bits would be things like equipment that's only used by NPCs or temporary party members, or skills that are used by enemies, or used for debugging and dev purposes.
The states section is for buffs/debuffs. That comment was about me wanting it to be an easy way to check what they do considering the shear amount of them beyond just the obvious ones.

Mar 24, 2019
The states section is for buffs/debuffs. That comment was about me wanting it to be an easy way to check what they do considering the shear amount of them beyond just the obvious ones.
I know, most are tied to skills though, and most of the skills do have descriptions on what they do. It is inconvenient to try and cross-reference them though. Most of the ones that don't have clear descriptions though are seemingly just reskins or tweaks of normal states.

But yeah, encyclopedia in general is a bit...messy-

I do wish it had better info, but what is there is generally enough to get by.

alteros

Jul 25, 2018
Yeah I kept thinking the whole time that she was just being a nuisance, it's like watching a misunderstanding in an anime where the whole issue would be solved if someone bothered to clarify things but they never do and everything goes belly up.

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
Honestly, yeah I get that.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah I kept thinking the whole time that she was just being a nuisance, it's like watching a misunderstanding in an anime where the whole issue would be solved if someone bothered to clarify things but they never do and everything goes belly up.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

alteros

Jul 25, 2018
Well, at least there were some temporary consequences for someone being dumb. I'll pay more attention to that bit if I ever replay it down the line. Then again they say you shouldn't replay games you really like because it'll ruin the experience for you so who knows.

Get the feeling I'd still like it though. I've replayed Radiant Historia, both the old one and the remake, and I never really felt like it was a loss and that's not a trivial amount of time. I also enjoyed mentally reviewing the game as I wrote a review so it might even be fun to see if I misremembered anything.

Reactions: Ballistic 9029
Mar 24, 2019
Well, at least there were some temporary consequences for someone being dumb. I'll pay more attention to that bit if I ever replay it down the line. Then again they say you shouldn't replay games you really like because it'll ruin the experience for you so who knows.

Get the feeling I'd still like it though. I've replayed Radiant Historia, both the old one and the remake, and I never really felt like it was a loss and that's not a trivial amount of time. I also enjoyed mentally reviewing the game as I wrote a review so it might even be fun to see if I misremembered anything.
I replayed this game like three times.

Come my friend, join the dark side. (I ain't slept in 24 hours)

• Haha
Reactions: alteros
4.50 star(s) 102 Votes