Mar 24, 2019
having an issue at the colosseum , I just finished the silver league but the next one (golden) is still not showing up.

Current Game Progress:

- I just finished Magic Weaver City and Elven Kingdom Contracts/Story
- Currently making my way to Hawakawa
More of the colosseum unlocks as you progress through the story, if you do all the colosseum has available and hit a block in any of the various tournaments/challenges, that means you can only unlock more by completing more story.

Reactions: Pirothea

LycraPawn

May 13, 2019
That's where you're having an issue, while you certainly CAN just hit the optimize button, that'll only account for what items have the highest stats, not what each item does.

If the shotgun you're referring to (I can't sign into steam for some reason on browser so I can't view it), is the super shotgun, absolutely get that.

For general guidelines, as you move forward, be on the look out parry related items, specifically items that increase your chance to parry, and items that increase your NUMBER of parries per turn on a character, and I recommend putting those on your main character (red head), as he will eventually unlock an ability that will actively allow him to parry more attacks than any character in a single turn.

For Bessie, she's perfect for multi-hit and status effects on enemies, if you make that shotgun, she can single-handedly clear out 90% of non-boss enemies in the game on her own because the shotgun hits all enemies twice, for her, you got some options depending on your taste in gameplay, you can either put all critical related items on her, or try making it so that instead of just 2 hits she can potentially land up to 4 or even 8 hits on an enemy, or you can level up certain blessings which may grant bonuses to poison effects, which at max level they'll keep all enemies permanently poisoned for as long as Bessie is alive at the start of a fight, or even gear her up with evasion equipment and try to max that out so she's near impossible to hit-

The world is your oyster.

As for Ray, I highly recommend anything that lowers magic costs, and that can grant her access to her transformations ASAP in a fight.

If you're in the capital and you're level 25 or higher, you're definitely overlevelled.

Remember that levels scale exponentially, not linearly, if you're already level 23 or higher, you're definitely over levelled for the quest you're trying to do, it's likely you're just having a hard time because your gear is mostly randomized, or you haven't been buying better gear from the shops.

If you have the right gear in this game, you can easily beat enemies over twice your level, I know personally, I cleared out the whole arena after I was a little further in the story than where you're at right now.

It's honestly all about just learning what the items do and what party member they'd work best on.

Edit: What I will say in regards to grinding, is that you're better off not trying to grind for levels, but rather trying to farm enemies for specific drops/equipment. Some enemies will drop seemingly plain but secretly broken powerful equipment, especially be looking out for anything that is "antshell", you'll thank me later.
Thank you for your input. I finally got around to screenshotting my current builds and items within my possession.

MG1000 Dante's Gear.PNG

MG1000 Bessie's Gear.PNG

MG1000 Ray's Gear.PNG

MG1000 Unequipped Weapons.PNG

MG1000 Unequipped Weapons 2.PNG

MG1000 Unequipped Armor.PNG

MG1000 Unequipped Armor 2.PNG

MG1000 Unequipped Armor 3.PNG

If I were to go on a shopping spree for Weapons and Armor on every location's shops, what temporary build should I go for in the meantime until I unlock all the ingredients necessary for the Exterminator Bessie build?

Also, I'll definitely work towards making this build for Dante/the MC as well:

So recommendations for temporary builds for all three party members would be greatly appreciated. I will say that I've already got the Blessings of Automatron and Hides-in-Barrells.

Last but not least, is this weapon the best one to give Ray as equipment?:

LycraPawn

May 13, 2019
Counter Tank Build for MC, Exterminator Build for Bessie and Rage build for Ray they can be found in the Steam Guide Section for the game
This the Steam Guide Build you're talking about?:

Because it has a "Celestial Rage Build" listed under its recs for builds. Now could you tell me where and when I would get each item necessary to make these builds?

Mar 24, 2019
Thank you for your input. I finally got around to screenshotting my current builds and items within my possession.

View attachment 3196636

View attachment 3196637

View attachment 3196639

View attachment 3196641

View attachment 3196642

View attachment 3196643

View attachment 3196646

View attachment 3196647

If I were to go on a shopping spree for Weapons and Armor on every location's shops, what temporary build should I go for in the meantime until I unlock all the ingredients necessary for the Exterminator Bessie build?

Also, I'll definitely work towards making this build for Dante/the MC as well:

So recommendations for temporary builds for all three party members would be greatly appreciated. I will say that I've already got the Blessings of Automatron and Hides-in-Barrells.

Last but not least, is this weapon the best one to give Ray as equipment?:
I would say generally speaking, yes, all those builds on steam are mostly optimized, you CAN do better, but that's really up to you to fiddle around with.

Personally, I'd swap out the bloodthirsty shotgun you have on Bessie for the "It's a shotgun", as generally speaking, multi-hit, and omni attack weapons have better damage potential overall, and if I'm remember right, it's the best shotgun you can use until you get all the parts to make the super shotgun, as it's attack is essentially the base for the super shotgun's attack, just without all the added bonuses from the other shotguns, you should easily be able to take out Sybil's group with that one change alone, the regular shotgun hits all enemies twice for 62% base damage per shot, with a chance to crit on every individual hit, while the bloodthirsty shotgun is just a regular attack with higher crit chance, which is easy to find on other weapons, items, or blessings.

To put into perspective, if you use the plain shotgun against Sybil's party, Bessie would go from only attacking one enemy per turn, to attacking EACH of them TWICE, for more damage than the normal base damage overall.

That's six attacks in one turn with only Bessie, and each of them have their own chance to crit.

Also, by far the worst thing I see about your current build, is that you...just plain don't have armor-

Which is understandable if you're hurting on funds, but I strongly recommend you do whatever it takes to update your team's armor ASAP, armor is debatably even more important than what weapons or blessings you pick in this game, that's why they're more expensive than any other thing in the game.

Prioritize your gear in order they're listed.

Focus on picking what armor you wanna get first because it's the most expensive and has the most dramatic effect on your playstyle.

Then pick your weapon to compliment what you like most about the armor.

Then stack accessories and blessings to tie everything else together.

Personally, I also think you should take the cutlass off Dante and replace it with something that either has multi-hit (so attacking multiple times in one turn), or omni attack (attacking all enemies in a single turn), based on what you currently have, Keke's Fury might be your best option here, it'll replace your normal attack with fury swipes, randomly attack twice for 56% damage on each hit, plus decrease the enemy's defense with each hit, it may not be as strong as Bessie outright, but it's better suited for boss fights with a single big target, and it's a free debuff on your enemy that you don't need to use MP to cast. Or better yet, replay the story mission you met Keke in to try and get a legendary version of the "Wolf's Claw" she drops, it's actually a triple attack, just without the debuff. Consider this a tip to replay missions to get items you haven't gotten before, some of the best options you can get are just regular drops early on.

I also recommend getting Agni and Rudra for Dante ASAP, as it lets him attack one enemy four times in a single turn, just be aware that if you fight anyone who is immune to or absorbs elemental or magic damage, you may want to switch it out for something else, Agni and Rudra is the go to end game choice for Dante in my opinion, since you have so many options for things to put on him, the extra damage really adds up.

What you do with Ray is really personal choice, personally I made mine an awakening machine who could easily switch between forms almost at will, that's the main thing Nature's Harmony is good for, but don't underrate the infinity rod either for longer battles, it's good to have both.

Generally speaking you can think of breaking down gear into early, mid, late, and post game items.

Early on your gear doesn't matter much because the game largely expects you to not have much money for big upgrades and you don't even have Mistral Village unlocked yet, literally anything works here.

Mid game is roughly from when Mistral Village is unlocked up to Little Shroom City being unlocked, this is where you're at, it's normal to be confused and feel awkward here, this is literally the part where you don't yet have access to end game weapons and accessories, but you're going to be facing significantly tougher enemies than in the early game, just struggle through, buy your armors wisely, do your thing in the colosseum and training arena where possible, and focus on getting the super shotgun for Bessie, Agni and Rudra for Dante, and your choice of wand for Ray.

If you really wanna get into blessings, before you commit to upgrading anything to level 3, as blessed cores are going to be rare until you get into late game, go back to the Elven Kingdom and replay the fights for the "Dark Elves" contract, every time you beat this, you're guaranteed to get a giftbox (worth 1,000 gold if sold, and used to advance your progress with girls in the village), a basic gemstone (used for unlocking the training arena, fishery, upgrade and alchemical huts, and worth 500G if sold), and most importantly, a blessed essence, which can be used to upgrade any blessing from level one to level two without the need for gold, and can also be sold for 375G if you'd like.

If there's any quest you should be grinding for money or materials, it's this one, as you easily make a few thousand gold each time you replay the fights, and you also get some of the most important resources in the game for doing basically any kind of upgrading for free. The more you don't need to upgrade things anymore, the more you can just sell these things for money to buy things like tier 3, 4, or 5 armor, it's not the most profitable for late game, but to be honest, you really don't need to grind much if at all in late game, as the most drastic resource draw is in mid game.

I won't go into post game stuff for the sake of spoilers, but also, literally anything from post game content is intentionally overpowered.

As a side note, if you really want a goal to shoot for, try and beat Guinevere in the training arena in the village as soon as you can. Her ACCESSORY THAT GOES IN A BLESSING SLOT is the most powerful weapon in the game if used correctly, it grants you a special skill that casts both regen...and zombie on an enemy, making it the only way I know of to inflict the zombie status on enemies, which turns all healing into damage for them, and circumvents almost all defenses in the game, it's basically a death sentence if you can cast it and survive against an enemy that doesn't have the ability to disspell it...which is 90% of enemies in the game, and even then, you can just recast it.

Reactions: LycraPawn
Mar 24, 2019

Because it has a "Celestial Rage Build" listed under its recs for builds. Now could you tell me where and when I would get each item necessary to make these builds?
Honestly, you can get the vast majority of items you'll be using for the rest of the game by the time you make it to Little shroom city, that's when you can craft all the mythical weapons and accessories.

The Celestial Rage build is basically getting the Rage Walker armor for Ray, which I believe you can get in the Capital City, either before or after you complete Little Shroom City, it's a tier 5 armor, which lets her permanently be in rage form, and also the Celestial Ring, which honestly I can't fully remember how I got it, but it was either through beating Ray in the Training Arena, or an unlock from clearing certain tournaments in the colosseum.

You can get the rage walker very early on, but the celestial ring is late game. Fury form is gonna be much more useful to you at where you're at anyways.

Mar 24, 2019

Correction for my last reply: You get the celestial ring from beating Alice in the Training Arena, it says so right at the beginning of the guide you linked.

Mar 24, 2019
I really would like to make a "simple" guide to the game, but I also don't want it to get lost in the sauce here on a simple thread, and I don't own the steam version of the game so I can't make a steam guide.

But a lot of people's problems could easily be solved if they just had access to the information they needed in one place-

If I ever got the steam version, and I had the time to do another playthrough, I'd probably just make a hybrid guide for those who want/need it.

The game is deceptively deep, and has quite a few "thought puzzles" like the quizzes, the play, and so on where you need to know the right answer to progress or at least get the best outcome.

And a lot of people get confused in the items, the abilities, what to buy when, what to do for mid to post game, or how to beat super bosses-

I love this game and I'd love to make it more accessible to people who maybe aren't as RPG savvy....

But I don't have the money to get it on steam even during the Winter sale. :censored:

I'm a broke bastard, that's why I'm here in the first place. :LUL:

LycraPawn

May 13, 2019
I would say generally speaking, yes, all those builds on steam are mostly optimized, you CAN do better, but that's really up to you to fiddle around with.

Personally, I'd swap out the bloodthirsty shotgun you have on Bessie for the "It's a shotgun", as generally speaking, multi-hit, and omni attack weapons have better damage potential overall, and if I'm remember right, it's the best shotgun you can use until you get all the parts to make the super shotgun, as it's attack is essentially the base for the super shotgun's attack, just without all the added bonuses from the other shotguns, you should easily be able to take out Sybil's group with that one change alone, the regular shotgun hits all enemies twice for 62% base damage per shot, with a chance to crit on every individual hit, while the bloodthirsty shotgun is just a regular attack with higher crit chance, which is easy to find on other weapons, items, or blessings.

To put into perspective, if you use the plain shotgun against Sybil's party, Bessie would go from only attacking one enemy per turn, to attacking EACH of them TWICE, for more damage than the normal base damage overall.

That's six attacks in one turn with only Bessie, and each of them have their own chance to crit.

Also, by far the worst thing I see about your current build, is that you...just plain don't have armor-

Which is understandable if you're hurting on funds, but I strongly recommend you do whatever it takes to update your team's armor ASAP, armor is debatably even more important than what weapons or blessings you pick in this game, that's why they're more expensive than any other thing in the game.

Prioritize your gear in order they're listed.

Focus on picking what armor you wanna get first because it's the most expensive and has the most dramatic effect on your playstyle.

Then pick your weapon to compliment what you like most about the armor.

Then stack accessories and blessings to tie everything else together.

Personally, I also think you should take the cutlass off Dante and replace it with something that either has multi-hit (so attacking multiple times in one turn), or omni attack (attacking all enemies in a single turn), based on what you currently have, Keke's Fury might be your best option here, it'll replace your normal attack with fury swipes, randomly attack twice for 56% damage on each hit, plus decrease the enemy's defense with each hit, it may not be as strong as Bessie outright, but it's better suited for boss fights with a single big target, and it's a free debuff on your enemy that you don't need to use MP to cast. Or better yet, replay the story mission you met Keke in to try and get a legendary version of the "Wolf's Claw" she drops, it's actually a triple attack, just without the debuff. Consider this a tip to replay missions to get items you haven't gotten before, some of the best options you can get are just regular drops early on.

I also recommend getting Agni and Rudra for Dante ASAP, as it lets him attack one enemy four times in a single turn, just be aware that if you fight anyone who is immune to or absorbs elemental or magic damage, you may want to switch it out for something else, Agni and Rudra is the go to end game choice for Dante in my opinion, since you have so many options for things to put on him, the extra damage really adds up.

What you do with Ray is really personal choice, personally I made mine an awakening machine who could easily switch between forms almost at will, that's the main thing Nature's Harmony is good for, but don't underrate the infinity rod either for longer battles, it's good to have both.

Generally speaking you can think of breaking down gear into early, mid, late, and post game items.

Early on your gear doesn't matter much because the game largely expects you to not have much money for big upgrades and you don't even have Mistral Village unlocked yet, literally anything works here.

Mid game is roughly from when Mistral Village is unlocked up to Little Shroom City being unlocked, this is where you're at, it's normal to be confused and feel awkward here, this is literally the part where you don't yet have access to end game weapons and accessories, but you're going to be facing significantly tougher enemies than in the early game, just struggle through, buy your armors wisely, do your thing in the colosseum and training arena where possible, and focus on getting the super shotgun for Bessie, Agni and Rudra for Dante, and your choice of wand for Ray.

If you really wanna get into blessings, before you commit to upgrading anything to level 3, as blessed cores are going to be rare until you get into late game, go back to the Elven Kingdom and replay the fights for the "Dark Elves" contract, every time you beat this, you're guaranteed to get a giftbox (worth 1,000 gold if sold, and used to advance your progress with girls in the village), a basic gemstone (used for unlocking the training arena, fishery, upgrade and alchemical huts, and worth 500G if sold), and most importantly, a blessed essence, which can be used to upgrade any blessing from level one to level two without the need for gold, and can also be sold for 375G if you'd like.

If there's any quest you should be grinding for money or materials, it's this one, as you easily make a few thousand gold each time you replay the fights, and you also get some of the most important resources in the game for doing basically any kind of upgrading for free. The more you don't need to upgrade things anymore, the more you can just sell these things for money to buy things like tier 3, 4, or 5 armor, it's not the most profitable for late game, but to be honest, you really don't need to grind much if at all in late game, as the most drastic resource draw is in mid game.

I won't go into post game stuff for the sake of spoilers, but also, literally anything from post game content is intentionally overpowered.

As a side note, if you really want a goal to shoot for, try and beat Guinevere in the training arena in the village as soon as you can. Her ACCESSORY THAT GOES IN A BLESSING SLOT is the most powerful weapon in the game if used correctly, it grants you a special skill that casts both regen...and zombie on an enemy, making it the only way I know of to inflict the zombie status on enemies, which turns all healing into damage for them, and circumvents almost all defenses in the game, it's basically a death sentence if you can cast it and survive against an enemy that doesn't have the ability to disspell it...which is 90% of enemies in the game, and even then, you can just recast it.
Honestly, you can get the vast majority of items you'll be using for the rest of the game by the time you make it to Little shroom city, that's when you can craft all the mythical weapons and accessories.

The Celestial Rage build is basically getting the Rage Walker armor for Ray, which I believe you can get in the Capital City, either before or after you complete Little Shroom City, it's a tier 5 armor, which lets her permanently be in rage form, and also the Celestial Ring, which honestly I can't fully remember how I got it, but it was either through beating Ray in the Training Arena, or an unlock from clearing certain tournaments in the colosseum.

You can get the rage walker very early on, but the celestial ring is late game. Fury form is gonna be much more useful to you at where you're at anyways.
Correction for my last reply: You get the celestial ring from beating Alice in the Training Arena, it says so right at the beginning of the guide you linked.
I really would like to make a "simple" guide to the game, but I also don't want it to get lost in the sauce here on a simple thread, and I don't own the steam version of the game so I can't make a steam guide.

But a lot of people's problems could easily be solved if they just had access to the information they needed in one place-

If I ever got the steam version, and I had the time to do another playthrough, I'd probably just make a hybrid guide for those who want/need it.

The game is deceptively deep, and has quite a few "thought puzzles" like the quizzes, the play, and so on where you need to know the right answer to progress or at least get the best outcome.

And a lot of people get confused in the items, the abilities, what to buy when, what to do for mid to post game, or how to beat super bosses-

I love this game and I'd love to make it more accessible to people who maybe aren't as RPG savvy....

But I don't have the money to get it on steam even during the Winter sale. :censored:

I'm a broke bastard, that's why I'm here in the first place. :LUL:
That's definitely a lot to take in, but I greatly appreciate the input. I may or may not reply again depending on what comes up. But I'm happy to report that I skipped Sybil's fight for now and have gotten all three components to make the Super Shotgun. (That one is hits every single opponent as well, right?) Now how exactly do I go about upgrading Mary's Blacksmith in order to get the Super Shotgun?

Also, before I went to Little Shroom City there was a black screen blurb that told me to interact with certain named NPCs before leaving Little Shroom City. Since I left it prematurely to go to the Mistral Village in order to check out my crafting options, did I screw something up? Or will Cecile and the others return to the Hunter's Tavern at some point or another? I can go back to some old saves if I have to.

Mar 24, 2019
That's definitely a lot to take in, but I greatly appreciate the input. I may or may not reply again depending on what comes up. But I'm happy to report that I skipped Sybil's fight for now and have gotten all three components to make the Super Shotgun. (That one is hits every single opponent as well, right?) Now how exactly do I go about upgrading Mary's Blacksmith in order to get the Super Shotgun?

Also, before I went to Little Shroom City there was a black screen blurb that told me to interact with certain named NPCs before leaving Little Shroom City. Since I left it prematurely to go to the Mistral Village in order to check out my crafting options, did I screw something up? Or will Cecile and the others return to the Hunter's Tavern at some point or another? I can go back to some old saves if I have to.
Yes, super shotgun hits everyone multiple times.

You don't get it from Mary's Blacksmith, you need to go to town hall and build the upgrade hut if you haven't already (for two basic gemstones), then you need to, again in the town hall, go to "upgrade", then "building upgrades", and buy "Upgrade Hut Mythical Weapons" for 1 diamond from the mines, and 300 gold. Then go to the Upgrade Hut when you have it unlocked, and you'll be able to craft mythical weapons there.

Cecille and the others DO return at some point, but honestly, the biggest thing you should've made sure to get was Lyra's blessing before moving on, but I can't remember if that was an event where you had to go to her in the tavern for, or if it was just a side quest in the capital city.

Which I believe all side quests are technically playable in any order? I'm not sure as I always played them all in order myself, but the notifications about the tavern are primarily about Juggernaut, as you have the chance to challenge her as long as she's in the tavern, but beyond a certain point, she won't be anymore, that's legitimately up to you though, since Juggernaut is one of the hardest optional bosses in the entire game. If you just want a casual playthrough, you don't have to beat her.

Pirothea

Mar 4, 2019

most of the build you can get by the you get to the 1 piece you get from the training grounds in the village Capital's shop for outright purchase or base compenents, with a little grinding for gold for upgrades in village upgrade hut and compenents at the collosium the only things you cant get till near end game are the Blessings

Pirothea

Mar 4, 2019

You don't get it from Mary's Blacksmith, you need to go to town hall and build the upgrade hut if you haven't already (for two basic gemstones), then you need to, again in the town hall, go to "upgrade", then "building upgrades", and buy "Upgrade Hut Mythical Weapons" for 1 diamond from the mines, and 300 gold. Then go to the Upgrade Hut when you have it unlocked, and you'll be able to craft mythical weapons there.

Cecille and the others DO return at some point, but honestly, the biggest thing you should've made sure to get was Lyra's blessing before moving on, but I can't remember if that was an event where you had to go to her in the tavern for, or if it was just a side quest in the capital city.

Which I believe all side quests are technically playable in any order? I'm not sure as I always played them all in order myself, but the notifications about the tavern are primarily about Juggernaut, as you have the chance to challenge her as long as she's in the tavern, but beyond a certain point, she won't be anymore, that's legitimately up to you though, since Juggernaut is one of the hardest optional bosses in the entire game. If you just want a casual playthrough, you don't have to beat her.
in post game you can get the upgrade version of the Super shotgun respectfully name the Big F***ing Gun

BartzV

Jul 25, 2023
Why Mary doesn't have the Memory sex (unpregnant one after getting pregnant) as all the other girls? It is a bug or you simply forget that?

BartzV

Jul 25, 2023
Please, i need help! The Fiona's quest tells me that i need to clear Magic Weavers to progress and then give her a gift box, but the giftbox option doesn't appear (i don't remember if i gave her one a long ago...) and the quest simply doesn't progress. I have cleared Magic Weavers even with the golden star in the map.

LycraPawn

May 13, 2019

Like I said, I could use some old saves if I have to. Which I'm gonna do right now because the old save was the one where I equipped the wrong gun. I'm just gonna buy the best armor in Capital City for all three of them.

Reactions: Ballistic 9029
Mar 24, 2019
Please, i need help! The Fiona's quest tells me that i need to clear Magic Weavers to progress and then give her a gift box, but the giftbox option doesn't appear (i don't remember if i gave her one a long ago...) and the quest simply doesn't progress. I have cleared Magic Weavers even with the golden star in the map.
Do you have a giftbox in your inventory? It should be listed under key item, it'll be at the top of the list if you have one (or second from the top if you have a basic gemstone), if you don't you can run to the elven kingdom and replay the dark elves contract fight to get one real quick, if having one in your inventory doesn't work, what part are you at in the story? Have you already advanced to the area after Magic Weavers since you have it complete? Because if not, you may still have some scripted events you need to pass before it recognizes Magic Weavers is finished.

If neither of those work, do you have any back up save you can go back to before Magic Weavers to test if you have a bad save?

BartzV

Jul 25, 2023
Do you have a giftbox in your inventory? It should be listed under key item, it'll be at the top of the list if you have one (or second from the top if you have a basic gemstone), if you don't you can run to the elven kingdom and replay the dark elves contract fight to get one real quick, if having one in your inventory doesn't work, what part are you at in the story? Have you already advanced to the area after Magic Weavers since you have it complete? Because if not, you may still have some scripted events you need to pass before it recognizes Magic Weavers is finished.

If neither of those work, do you have any back up save you can go back to before Magic Weavers to test if you have a bad save?
i have to reload an old save file before Magic Weavers, and now it works. I don't know how to replicate the bug. Sorry.

Reactions: Ballistic 9029
Mar 24, 2019
Alright so-
I had a small amount of money for the Holiday season-

And I'm a man of my word.

It may take me a few days as I'm mid-playing through one of Twisted Scarlett's earlier games, but once I'm done-

I'll be replaying the game on RPG Master difficulty, on the steam version of the game, for a 100% playthrough, to compile what will hopefully be an all in one guide to the game to answer and solve all the most common problems and questions people have, and post the link here when I'm done making it on Steam-

Hopefully I'll get it done by New Years, but maybe not, due to life being particularly busy for me right now.

Hope everyone had a great holidays, and a better new year.

4.50 star(s) 102 Votes