Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
One issue I have noticed so far in the current update:

The repeatable contract of "Shores of Easy" increases the difficulty of the repeatable contract in "Misty Woods", not itself. I assume you set the wrong quests to increase there :)

Arcylord

Feb 27, 2022
Ok update done. More things I noticed

1. After defeating Wendy and Cheeki/Breeki they don't appear pregnant even so in files they have their pregnant sprites (It may be that that thye will be pregnant later but I thought it will be worth to mention).
2. Lags so much I'm barely able to use any item.
3. Props for more slots for blessings. It's so many of them that I have troubles choose which one to use.
4. They experimental generic sex scenes are not bad. Makes me wonder how the girls would look if done in full with "Standard" sprites.

Reactions: TwistedScarlett60

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Uploading a patch right now, and I'll edit this post when it's up. I disabled "Selection Control", which lets you cast spells on anyone, and even multiple targets. It seems to have been the source of the major lag, but I'll need someone to confirm that once it's up.

Edit: OP Updated to 8.0.2:
  • Removed "Selection Control", which let you cast spells on anyone, and even multiple targets. It seems to have been the source of major lag for some, let me know if it's gone now.
  • Jiangshi's Hellbiter zombie chance from 100% to 200% so it never misses, and increased its priority so there's a higher chance she uses it.
  • Removed the Green Dot from Hayakawa after completing The Slipstreams
  • The Shores of Easy repeatable quest now properly scales. (It was accidentally making the Misty Woods contract scale instead)
  • You can no longer get dupes of Moona, Mary, Dobbi, Isadora or Davy's blessings. The event that gives them out now erases itself after running once.
  • Two typo fixes.

Last edited:

noxleaf

Sep 27, 2021
I missed 8.0.0, but in 8.0.2 the battles are definitely laggy for me, as compared with ep 7 (and the amount of lag seems to be similar for both normal and story mode)
The room with Nurse Butterfly in the Colosseum, on the other hand, is completely unplayable/frozen. Which I mention because it was also lagging before, but not to this extent.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
You now gain Dobbi, Mary and Moona's blessing when they get pregnant. If you haven't gotten these, you will automatically receive them at Mistral VIllage.
TwistedScarlett60 this is bugged in v8.0.1
I upgraded all my blessings to level 2 (since it only cost money) and some blessings to level 3 (as many as I could afford) and as a result i got duplicate level 1 blessings of dobbi, mary, moony, isadora, and davy.

Sleepycatz

Jul 12, 2020
It seems that Ray has taken her defeat to heart and decided her pride is worth more than her love.
After beating her in the training arena, she hasn't rejoined the party.

Edited to add: I just redid Yulia's squatter quest in Misty Woods. The party changing aspect of it fixed the problem.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mrttao

whaud

Jun 16, 2021
I missed 8.0.0, but in 8.0.2 the battles are definitely laggy for me, as compared with ep 7 (and the amount of lag seems to be similar for both normal and story mode)
The room with Nurse Butterfly in the Colosseum, on the other hand, is completely unplayable/frozen. Which I mention because it was also lagging before, but not to this extent.
colosseum does have a lot of lag it seems, i cant find the root cause.
TwistedScarlett60 this is bugged in v8.0.1
I upgraded all my blessings to level 2 (since it only cost money) and some blessings to level 3 (as many as I could afford) and as a result i got duplicate level 1 blessings of dobbi, mary, moony, isadora, and davy.
this has been fixed as of 8.0.2

Reactions: mrttao

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
TwistedScarlett60
during the quest "it's electric" molly the bee girl bard joins the party temporarily. she does not get the skill "story mode" which automates her combat.

also if you replay the combat for that quest it will be done without molly, however Bessie still has dialog spoken mid combat that suggests we are being buffed by molly

B201T

Jul 2, 2021
Ran into a bug where I gain xp after replaying a combat, it'll level me up, give me bonuses, and then reset my xp. So, I can just replay that one battle over and over to boost stats ridiculously. This happened in v 7.0.3, and v 8.0.1 (with the save from 7.0.3). I haven't tried a new game or v 8.0.2 yet.

Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to further updates!

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
What the fuck is going on? o_O
This is so annoying to try and fix because I get no lag and can't even fathom a cause because I added nothing to the Nurse's Waiting room this update.

Is this on Android or PC?

fdragonx7

Jan 7, 2018
What the fuck is going on? o_O
This is so annoying to try and fix because I get no lag and can't even fathom a cause because I added nothing to the Nurse's Waiting room this update.

Is this on Android or PC?
for me its pc, and as bonkers as this sounds its possible its a hardware issue regardless of how renpy works. Im actually currently working on a game for uni and none of our devs had issues with the flame walls we made but we had two people test the game who had amd graphics cards and the walls spazzed the fuck out with the shader or whatever flickering entirely around the screen to the point where if we can't fix it we'll have to entirely change how they work to not trigger seizures.
If its not something like that then i don't really know. The only things that seem to be shared between the two is a large amount of battle selections in the same place. I'm not sure how renpy does its resource allocation or if there's a debug option to see what scripts or whatnot are eating its resources but maybe there are a few scripts that didn't seem that intense that are getting looped or something?

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
for me its pc, and as bonkers as this sounds its possible its a hardware issue regardless of how renpy works. Im actually currently working on a game for uni and none of our devs had issues with the flame walls we made but we had two people test the game who had amd graphics cards and the walls spazzed the fuck out with the shader or whatever flickering entirely around the screen to the point where if we can't fix it we'll have to entirely change how they work to not trigger seizures.
If its not something like that then i don't really know. The only things that seem to be shared between the two is a large amount of battle selections in the same place. I'm not sure how renpy does its resource allocation or if there's a debug option to see what scripts or whatnot are eating its resources but maybe there are a few scripts that didn't seem that intense that are getting looped or something?
I actually think I got it.
On the Nurse and Training Arena maps, you get into a lot of fights, so I have a parallel process that heals you constantly outside of battle. It was uncapped, meaning the process ran probably once every frame. I added a 2-3 second cooldown on these processes running, and the lag seems to have been reduced. I have no idea why this is a problem now when it was fine before.

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Is the lag so bad for those that experience it that you need a hotfix today? Or can you wait a week or so for the next update?

It seems that Ray has taken her defeat to heart and decided her pride is worth more than her love.
After beating her in the training arena, she hasn't rejoined the party.

Edited to add: I just redid Yulia's squatter quest in Misty Woods. The party changing aspect of it fixed the problem.
That is really unusual, because not only is the coding on that air-tight for readding Ray to the party, but I just tested it and it worked fine on both first try and repeat.
I wonder if it's just RPGMaker engine bullshit?

Last edited:

Dharael

Jul 28, 2018
Ok, I found bug. When you cast Immortality (Lich Grimore) on Ray and fight with Jiang on Arena, when she kill party (without Ray) with Megadeath, there is a looping - she cast all time spells and Ray can't move and still have Immortality, so she cant die either. I wait like 5 minutes to Ray to move :D

• Wow
Reactions: TwistedScarlett60
4.50 star(s) 103 Votes