TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Updated the OP to 8.0.3:
  • Tried to fix some lag issues in the Nurse's Waiting Room and the Training Arena by delaying the parallel events in these areas (I noticed a slight FPS boost in my testing).
  • The optional contracts in Mistral Village now have an additional line at the start prefacing when these events chronologically take place. (Also Bustin' Up The Beach in Shores of Easy, but this line only appears if you come back much later.)
  • Molly now automatically battles.
  • When replaying the Thunder Worm battle, Molly will join you.
We'll squash that lag together! Let me know if it's fixed.

Edit: Uhhhh, it won't let me update OP
Edit 2: Okay, I managed to update it. One of my extensions on Chrome was messing it up.

Thank you for your patience. I hope you enjoy the game! :)

Last edited:

Sleepycatz

Jul 12, 2020
That is really unusual, because not only is the coding on that air-tight for readding Ray to the party, but I just tested it and it worked fine on both first try and repeat.
I wonder if it's just RPGMaker engine bullshit?

I'm going to bet on RPGMaker engine bullshit because I can't seem to get it to happen again across four different save states

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
theres no pregnancy in this and you cant marry the mermaid this sucks can you be with any girl?
What do you mean there's no pregnancy in this? There are like, literally 10 different characters you can impregnate. You're like... not even 10% through the game.

is there a way to get the Giant Feather bracers back?
You get a guaranteed drop when visiting Magic Weavers. If you got rid of that, well...
Tell you what, I'll make the next repeatable quest include a chance to drop it, just for you :p

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
theres no pregnancy in this and you cant marry the mermaid this sucks can you be with any girl?
1. my incomplete save currently has 12 girls pregnant.
2. you can not marry anyone. You are on a divine quest to impregnate 1000 girls
3. you can in fact have commitment. MC is in deep loving commitment to his 2 party members, who are both helping him on his quest to mass impregnate. Additionally many of the waifus resettle in your home village, where they join in to the comminity in improving your home base... while pregnant

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
TwistedScarlett60
my latest save has an issue with the quest "very froggy"
It says "you've already completed this contract. you can reply it but you won't ge the XP or rewards. you can still earn drops from defeated enemies".
The XP and gold is a non issue, but the loss of blessed essence might be.

Moreover I am worried it might not correctly cleanly trigger things. because if I try to go to the frog spring in town I am told "there appears to be a sign here... "frog springs is closed, waiting for hunters to clear out monsters".
Which means the game clearly knows I did NOT actually do that quest.

I tried checking my previous save (it was just before I went to slipstream)... that one correctly let me do very froggy. But I did 2 hours of intense grinding in the latest save I don't want to lose.
I am really not sure what triggered that, I tried to replicate the issue and was not able to quickly do so.

attached are the two latest save files.

touloumpas

Aug 9, 2018
don't know if its a bug or not but drain bolt heals through zombie, magic break, holy form's mega buffs, and dont be afraid to use items or take off turns from damage to do buffs. also triple threat has been a huge boon to me for most hard fights.
it isn't an issue of her being difficult,as i have good HP sustain and damage,the issue is her bullshit attack megadeath.so many times i've been 1 hit away before i defeat her,she casts megadeath,killing my whole party,at random.some times either of the 3 survives it,but until i recover from it,and be back in good health,she casts it again,and there goes my party again.is there a way to counter megadeath,was mostly my question.

whaud

Jun 16, 2021
it isn't an issue of her being difficult,as i have good HP sustain and damage,the issue is her bullshit attack megadeath.so many times i've been 1 hit away before i defeat her,she casts megadeath,killing my whole party,at random.some times either of the 3 survives it,but until i recover from it,and be back in good health,she casts it again,and there goes my party again.is there a way to counter megadeath,was mostly my question.
I think you can silence

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Just out level her. Her arena fight is geared towards level 20 and those go up to level 99. you can grind some levels until you are stronger and then brute force a win

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
TwistedScarlett60
my latest save has an issue with the quest "very froggy"
It says "you've already completed this contract. you can reply it but you won't ge the XP or rewards. you can still earn drops from defeated enemies".
The XP and gold is a non issue, but the loss of blessed essence might be.

Moreover I am worried it might not correctly cleanly trigger things. because if I try to go to the frog spring in town I am told "there appears to be a sign here... "frog springs is closed, waiting for hunters to clear out monsters".
Which means the game clearly knows I did NOT actually do that quest.

I tried checking my previous save (it was just before I went to slipstream)... that one correctly let me do very froggy. But I did 2 hours of intense grinding in the latest save I don't want to lose.
I am really not sure what triggered that, I tried to replicate the issue and was not able to quickly do so.

attached are the two latest save files.
No worries, it's just a visual bug, everything will work fine.

Try her on the new patch, there's a higher chance of getting zombie there. If you're inflicted with "Zombie" you won't die to megadeath.

Feb 29, 2020
Are the repeatable contracts bugged? I'm still in the beginning of the game, at the Shores of Easy. I did the fire infestation repeatable contract about 12 times now, but the difficulty remains the same (game says difficulty 0) each time. I play on normal mode difficulty.

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Are the repeatable contracts bugged? I'm still in the beginning of the game, at the Shores of Easy. I did the fire infestation repeatable contract about 12 times now, but the difficulty remains the same (game says difficulty 0) each time. I play on normal mode difficulty.
This was fixed in 8.0.2. In 8.0.1, when you beat that specific quest in the Shores of Easy, it makes the Misty Woods repeatable quest harder.

Sooo... Have fun finding out just how hard the Misty Woods repeatable contract has gotten haha.

• Haha
Reactions: Bertrand-65-79

fdragonx7

Jan 7, 2018
I actually think I got it.
On the Nurse and Training Arena maps, you get into a lot of fights, so I have a parallel process that heals you constantly outside of battle. It was uncapped, meaning the process ran probably once every frame. I added a 2-3 second cooldown on these processes running, and the lag seems to have been reduced. I have no idea why this is a problem now when it was fine before.
if it was tied to run per instance of fight the additions of more fights may have caused it to spawn a lot more copies of the process. i've not worked in renpy before so i don't know how difficult this might be but could you instead of having a constant heal have a script that triggers after the fights in those areas to heal the party? that way it shouldn't take up any resources when the player is just walking around or talking to npcs in those areas. also this again is me spitballing without knowing how the code is setup but if the parallel process has to modify a key bit of data its possible it got a lock put on it so it wasn't truly parallel as it would need to prevent anything else from accessing the data during its runtime.

fdragonx7

Jan 7, 2018
Just ran the new patch, there definitely appears to still be some lag on my end BUT its not stuttering so hard im afraid its going to crash or anything. Its mostly a bit jumpy when walking around now.

Reactions: TwistedScarlett60

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Just ran the new patch, there definitely appears to still be some lag on my end BUT its not stuttering so hard im afraid its going to crash or anything. Its mostly a bit jumpy when walking around now.
I'm glad to hear my changes made the improvements. I did notice the stutter step, fortunately it seems like a minor issue since most of the game is menu based.

Feb 29, 2020
This was fixed in 8.0.2. In 8.0.1, when you beat that specific quest in the Shores of Easy, it makes the Misty Woods repeatable quest harder.

Sooo... Have fun finding out just how hard the Misty Woods repeatable contract has gotten haha.

Welp, time to channel my inner S rank hunter mentality I guess. I don't suppose having updated to 8.0.3 and importing my save resets the difficulty level? haha

MetalBlank

Oct 3, 2017
So, not sure how I managed it, but my first time back to Mystic Woods, I had sex with Bessie and her mom, and Mom knew about the succubus thing? But I hadn't gone to Myth Weavers yet... so...

4.50 star(s) 103 Votes