Jul 20, 2017
Genuine question. Is there any chance of their being a "Dickhead route" for everything? I mean the mc would be well within his rights considering all the bs his world seems to put him through. Dont get me wrong I LOVE the game so far but im honestly getting a little sick of being railroaded into doing the right thing. Personally if anyone betrade my trust like SEVERAL people have the mc's so far I'd be rightfully furious. Like with the three succubi on the mountain. You're told you have the option of leaving them to possibly die, are railroaded into being the good guy, and then their supplies show up not a few hours later anyway??? Seriously I wanted to reload and tell them to fucking starve.....even though you cant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drazzin and doomgal

Joga

Sep 9, 2018
Man, I was playing through the wurm lady's storyline for a while and I tried to be a dick
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is a pretty game and it manages me to be concerned for the girls.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Genuine question. Is there any chance of their being a "Dickhead route" for everything?
Nah, that's Real Life. Good game, creative but MC creation is broken and replayabilty sucks. Immersion could be improved too.

As for MGD, I don't miss the option... None of the girls are bitches (not 100% anyway) and they're all either useful (campers), adorable or amusing. Ok, exceppt Vivan, but she's Vivian...
Some mods could work on this, but it'd feel out of place in canon MGD as we know it.

Reactions: L30

Parzival45

Apr 2, 2018
I had an old version I deleted. This new version crashes the moment I try to run it. Anyone have the same problem and/or a solution?

Jul 20, 2017
Nah, that's Real Life. Good game, creative but MC creation is broken and replayabilty sucks. Immersion could be improved too.

As for MGD, I don't miss the option... None of the girls are bitches (not 100% anyway) and they're all either useful (campers), adorable or amusing. Ok, exceppt Vivan, but she's Vivian...
Some mods could work on this, but it'd feel out of place in canon MGD as we know it.
Uhhh have you forgotten about the psycho succubus who killed and ate an incalculable amount of people AND monsters? As much as I genuinely dislike some of the characters I dont want them....physically hurt. But that monster? She straight up needs to die. Also for the record when I say a dickhead route I mean when its legitimately warranted. Such as. You know. Someone tricking you into a potentially life or death senario.

doomgal

Jul 2, 2018
Uhhh have you forgotten about the psycho succubus who killed and ate an incalculable amount of people AND monsters? As much as I genuinely dislike some of the characters I dont want them....physically hurt. But that monster? She straight up needs to die. Also for the record when I say a dickhead route I mean when its legitimately warranted. Such as. You know. Someone tricking you into a potentially life or death senario.
I agree with you on this one as I think about it more and more. The game does allow for some Dick moments but mostly it allows it only if *your* character is going to be in the wrong at the end.

Jul 20, 2017
I agree with you on this one as I think about it more and more. The game does allow for some Dick moments but mostly it allows it only if *your* character is going to be in the wrong at the end.

There aint a chance in hell im gonna be a dick to Jora's sweet metaphorical ass. As someone who has.....problems making friends and keeping them I can understand her very fearful reasoning. If she stops freaking the caravans out....what reason would the mc have to come back? (in the beginning anyway.) Feng is cool so hopefully if she ever gets an expansion any revelations wont change that. As for mika, I cant remember if she has a reason for the way she is but if she doesnt and SHES expanded it better be a fucking good one. Last thing i'll talk about seriously???? Kotone killed folks too??? Was it at least justified???? Im betting not if you said innocent. So does she at the LEAST regret it?

Reactions: Joga

tony_redgrave

Jan 7, 2018
There aint a chance in hell im gonna be a dick to Jora's sweet metaphorical ass. As someone who has.....problems making friends and keeping them I can understand her very fearful reasoning. If she stops freaking the caravans out....what reason would the mc have to come back? (in the beginning anyway.) Feng is cool so hopefully if she ever gets an expansion any revelations wont change that. As for mika, I cant remember if she has a reason for the way she is but if she doesnt and SHES expanded it better be a fucking good one. Last thing i'll talk about seriously???? Kotone killed folks too??? Was it at least justified???? Im betting not if you said innocent. So does she at the LEAST regret it?
Kotone does regret what she did. It was back when humans and monsters used to kill each other all the time.

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
If existing content options is any indication. I would wager things like options to be an asshole are limited to locking you out of extra relationships/interactions. Or maybe working toward an endgame where you get the stated goal of pushing the Demon Queen's shit in, but you aren't exactly helping monster human relations. Though I do wish there were some more opportunities to be just a regular dickhead, as opposed to unreasonably belligerent and cruel like with bullying Jora, selling Mika's collar, etc.

Though, even if we don't get much of an expansion on how we can interact with other people, I reckon the writing still does a good enough job at saying what it wants to. Now, I would like to see some monster characters who aren't all totally easy to excuse/forgive what they've done against you or others. I think Sofia is a good candidate for existing characters. Her kill count's hard to ignore, and I think it'd be neat for it to come up as at least being a thing to consider before going in for being buddy buddy with her like the other characters.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
There aint a chance in hell im gonna be a dick to Jora's sweet metaphorical ass.
You have it the wrong way around: Jora is the not-so-metaphorical pain tail in your ass :ROFLMAO:

Good points above. I'd argue that bears eat fish and birds eat worms (Jora not included). That's called nature - Succubi ain't humans, different standards apply... We hoomans often lack this form of humility and empathy.
This one Succubus, was and is a top predator. On top of that, she was basically a soldier in a war at the time. Ancilla has things to tell you too, like a few other Forest dungeon denizens. More importantly, to me, is the fact Sofia tells no lie when she bothers answering at all.

I don't exactly disagree, but my main point would be: Threshold went to the trouble of writing an in-depth background for many of his characters. Others would likely throw a lazy veil on the past of that girl who is 'just meant to be sexy anyway'.
If I may: look at it from another angle. Most devs present us with pieces of willing meat they call women. The simple fact we can have, and discuss, strong feelings about his creations -hate included- is the best argument that he did his job right.

[when the] secret underground lab with a teleporter to a alien spaceship.....?
(does that count as a necro?) Maaan, we've both spent a year (since October the 27th, 2019 ;)) ranting about no new area.
Threshold sounds raring to go and finally do the labyrinth for realsies. Let's drool and wait, and put charcoal in his socks if it's not out by X-mas. :devilish:

To be fair, I replayed the game from scratch recently, and estimate the new content to be about 20h worth - that's, if you read, try different things to get the hidden candy/dialogue/skill. And ignore all the new pics commissioned from Patreon $$$. That does not mean that I agree with 1 year w/o a new opponent in a BF game, but a different perspective helps understanding the aim, and see what the point was.

Last edited:

doomgal

Jul 2, 2018

etonri

Jan 10, 2019
Not sure this is the proper place for this, but Thresh, there appears to be a bug in at least the Mimic in the mountain where it's using the wrong key for the Struggle dialogue (it asks for PlayerName, but the key in the code is ThePlayerName). I fixed it on my local copy by just adding a new key to the dictionary since I don't actually know where the encounter info lives.

SomeBlackBoi

Feb 22, 2020
What do I need to do to get Perpetua? Is there a way to progress into the final boss of the forest? Thanks

Edit:Already got it so no need

Last edited:

Khuntai

Jun 5, 2018
Personally I wouldn't mind having an actual dickhead monster girl included as an antagonist in the future, maybe a cutthroat business owner in the city or something. I mean there's no way EVERY monmusu on the continent is a misunderstood cutie with baggage. She doesn't even have to be evil per say, maybe just a character that genuinely doesn't care about what's in the protagonist's best interests.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: RobBob17 and L30

Ghostload

Jan 23, 2019
I actually really like the status quo.

If there are any changes that I'm not especially into, I just hope that I can avoid them or they won't cause too much of a hassle.

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
Maaan, we've both spent a year (since October the 27th, 2019 ;)) ranting about no new area.
i think the main reason why its takes so long
is that now every girl with a name gets a deep love/back story :cautious:
with many choices and stuff worth of thousands of words and no battel fuck..
just talking about their feelings and shit like real girlfriends:rolleyes:
(although the lovey dovey sex is worth the reading (individual taste considered)

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A TEXT BASED BATTLE FUCK GAME!
but there is no level scaling at lvl 60-80 the fights become really short...
like i can on headpad everything in the forest no fun:(
and there aren't many girls to fight...:cry:

at this point i worry this turns into a boring active novel:cry:
<you know like these japanese novels where you ctrl skip through the text wall
click on different choices fap to the cgs and then never play it again (or just dl the cg rip)

thinking about it the game already feels more like a novel then a battle fuck game:eek:

The update that just came out at at least 15000 words or so I think?
please don't turn this into a boring novel....
not every girl with a name needs to be the mc girlfriend ;)
it be better to write battel fuck interactions and skill dialogue(y)

also add level scaling to battles
and an option to challenge every girl to a battle fuck:p
(this way the game will be much more fun and less repetitive:cool:)
also won't turn into a boring novel

Last edited:

Oibò

Feb 26, 2019
Can someone help me install the "mari the butterfly" mod?? I have started a new save and i have this mod installed but when i go to flowery clearing it gives me a lot of script errors. I have extracted the "source zip file" on the github site to /game/Mods

It's probably because it's not updated to 23.4??

tony_redgrave

Jan 7, 2018
i think the main reason why its takes so long
is that now every girl with a name gets a deep love/back story :cautious:
with many choices and stuff worth of thousands of words and no battel fuck..
just talking about their feelings and shit like real girlfriends:rolleyes:
(although the lovey dovey sex is worth the reading (individual taste considered)

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A TEXT BASED BATTLE FUCK GAME!
but there is no level scaling at lvl 60-80 the fights become really short...
like i can on headpad everything in the forest no fun:(
and there aren't many girls to fight...:cry:

at this point i worry this turns into a boring active novel:cry:
<you know like these japanese novels where you ctrl skip through the text wall
click on different choices fap to the cgs and then never play it again (or just dl the cg rip)

thinking about it the game already feels more like a novel then a battle fuck game:eek:

please don't turn this into a boring novel....
not every girl with a name needs to be the mc girlfriend ;)
it be better to write battel fuck interactions and skill dialogue(y)

also add level scaling to battles
and an option to challenge every girl to a battle fuck:p
(this way the game will be much more fun and less repetitive:cool:)
also won't turn into a boring novel

You may want to look elsewhere bud since a lot of what you are complaining about is part of this games charm. Romance and text based are both part of the tags so complaining that too many girls get a deep love story seems like a baseless complaint.

Edit: Also just reminded myself that one of the rudest dialogue options is literally yelling "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING?!" when you first encounter Amy.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes