sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Since my last update, there has been work on three more new scenes of a more lurid nature. The third scene is being finished up but the first scene clocked in around 2,400 words and the second was around 2,500 words.
It's good to know the hentai Muses are still with Threshold (y)
Hopefully the battle system will stay like this foor a while, so the (masterful) Mari example will serve the purpose of encouraging other modders to indulge in their more lurid debauched creative fantasies.
On second thought, a new dungeon nav system won't interfere with that, so the idea certainly sounds appealing.

Thanks for the Mega link (though any other provider, perhaps one with more transparency about their actions, would do). The only annoying part about gdrive, is the daily limit. That helps smoothen up things on release days.

Reactions: L30

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
why is writing a text based game taking so long :cry:
i just want to bf angels and headpat the goddess into submission....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
also ThresholdMGD just theoretically speaking if you would get over 2.5k per month
how much faster would you be able to release updates?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: doomgal
Aug 4, 2019
Can't seem to trigger the new conversation with Venefica or get enough affection with Elly for the experiments. I bought all the candies and did their scenes, and reported everything to Elly

Also, trying to give Elly the choco chip clarity cookie twice causes the "Event Broke" text, and then you're in the guild and can interact with it as if it's daytime

Last edited:

Teleiah

Nov 15, 2018
Everyone can write. Not everyone can write with quality.
Good writing needs time, patience, planing, quality checks and redos.
"is this good enough?" "does this make sense?" "are there plotholes?" "is this what I actually want with X,Y,Z characters?"

Then you gotta put it into the game, program it, test it, over and over again.

Shit aint easy, son.

tony_redgrave

Jan 7, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
also ThresholdMGD just theoretically speaking if you would get over 2.5k per month
Same reason writing books takes a while, and with a game you have the additional task of having program events, dialogue options, affection stats, scripts etc.

doomgal

Jul 2, 2018
I know you might already have this, but maybe not so I'll offer it up. There is a mod Called Waifuapocalypse that does add in an angel waifu if you really want something now. It's pretty good but it is a mod so I wouldn't get too attached to any characters as they aren't canon.... yet. and they won't be updated unless the original modder or some other modder with some time decides to update it. You can find the mod on the monster girl dreams wiki under list of mods if that's what you're looking for.

CHEERS!

Teleiah

Nov 15, 2018
"Small updates like baby steps"
"this make take years to come to an ending"

Aight.
You might want to try and write something... like a short interactive story with some few choices and one or two endings.
Then, put it into renpy. Here: They even have a begginner friendly tutorial that explains the most basic stuff.

However, for choices and endings you might want to polish your game a lil bit. Like using just plain ol' Yes/No Conditionals. It does not have to rely on stat checks nor reiterative actions. Lit, baby steps. Should take just some hours.

Once you get the hang of programming, you will understand how much work theres behind implementing a single character with multiple interactions into a game like this.
Who knows? Maybe you will end up liking programming and will become a developer yourself.

Last edited:

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Well that's the nature of the beast I'm afraid. As it turns out, things take time to make. Not even our own food spawns fully cooked and ready to digest, cooking takes time.
If you can't afford to wait for any reason, this site has a "Completed" filter you can use when you're searching for games. Your list of options will be much slimmer, though.

joeys88

Oct 10, 2017
does the game include endings where the MC is changed into a monster?
There aren't any endings at all in the game yet besides paying off your debt and leaving if I remember right. I'm not sure the MC will ever be able to turn into a monster either, pretty sure monstrification is a woman only thing, and the MC is a guy. But hey I don't think there's been anything saying there's absolutely no ways for a guy to become a monster.

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
hey I don't think there's been anything saying there's absolutely no ways for a guy to become a monster.
well he could become a incubus ( ) also sex god:geek:
(vampire and werewolf also possible)

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: lnppo

Lazyrick

Jan 10, 2018
well he could become a incubus ( ) also sex god:geek:
(vampire and werewolf also possible)
Sorry, not possible. Venefica's talk about magic and witchcraft deny that. Monsterification occurs when a female's soul is overwhelmed by demonic energy, which is passively discharged by other monsters (which helps explain why Catherine, who cheated the grimoire to warp to the Monstergirl Capital, was transformed) or occasionally found in nature. the female's soul either resists it (by willpower, strong emotions, or character change), or is "corrupted" by it into producing demonic energy, transforming them. This apparently can't happen to men's souls, though their bodies are still affected in other ways like tattoos or other "engravings", with results like boosting semen production.

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Words be like that sometimes. xD
The update that just came out at at least 15000 words or so I think?

I don't think it would change the speed of updates much, but I do think it could increase the amount in updates with writing comms and such.

Hopeless DIO

Aug 14, 2017
Words be like that sometimes. xD
The update that just came out at at least 15000 words or so I think?

I don't think it would change the speed of updates much, but I do think it could increase the amount in updates with writing comms and such.
Keep up the good work Thresh

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes