Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Played Mari's mod, was really good though I like more dominating girls like Kotone or Venefica. I didn't know of Pale Priestess mod, I'll give it a try!
If you want foot femdom you'll want to piss her off, there's two different paths depending on if you do that or not.

Reactions: S3ri4l

S3ri4l

Jun 7, 2020
If you want foot femdom you'll want to piss her off, there's two different paths depending on if you do that or not.
Yeah, I just updated the game to the last version to play the mod but I get this
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 387, in script call
    call loadDatabase from _call_loadDatabase
  File "game/gamecode/LoadDatabase.rpy", line 7, in script
    python:
  File "game/gamecode/LoadDatabase.rpy", line 983, in <module>
    for count in range(len(currentData["MonsterGroups"][countT]["Group"])):
KeyError: u'Group'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python:
  File "C:\Users\Santiago\Downloads\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v23.5e-pc\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v23.5e-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Santiago\Downloads\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v23.5e-pc\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v23.5e-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Then I click Ignore, try to adventure to another zone and I get this:

[code]

While running game code:
  File "game/gamecode/hubTown.rpy", line 277, in script call
    call checkData from _call_checkData_1
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1197, in script call
    call AutoReloadDatabase from _call_AutoReloadDatabase
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1125, in script call
    call loadDatabase from _call_loadDatabase_3
    python:

Full traceback:
    python:
  File "C:\Users\Santiago\Downloads\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v23.5e-pc\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v23.5e-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Santiago\Downloads\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v23.5e-pc\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v23.5e-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Yeah, I just updated the game to the last version to play the mod but I get this
Code:

While running game code:
    python:

Full traceback:
    python:

Then I click Ignore, try to adventure to another zone and I get this:

[code]

While running game code:
    python:

Full traceback:
    python:
That's weird, it works fine for me, you sure you've got the latest version of the mod?

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
SerialLain I'll quote L30 here, I and a number of posters had the same issue:
This is the oddest thing, MadFoole, TFM, and Oibò. I just downloaded Mari and tested her mod, it worked on my end. However, looking at some of the errors reported on Discord and testing further, I may have found the issue. If you downloaded the Source Code version of the mod, it will cause those startup errors like you reported, TFM and MadFoole, as I just did a test with the Source Code of the mod and encountered that exact same issue. To check which version of the mod you downloaded for v1.91, did the zip you have read "MariTheButterfly1.91" or did it say "MariTheButterfly-1.91"? The latter is the Source Code version and will cause the crash on startup after the splash screen was displayed.

This is the v1.91 version that I downloaded and worked for me, and I hope that it will work for you three as well. If not, then I'll continue to test and ask questions to try and determine what else may be going on. All I can say right now is that v1.91 does work on my end with the proper download while the Source Code version will crash on startup without fail and produce the same error that you three have encountered.

I do hope that this is correct and solves the issue you three have encountered, TFM, MadFoole, and Oibò.

Reactions: L30 and S3ri4l

S3ri4l

Jun 7, 2020
SerialLain I'll quote L30 here, I and a number of posters had the same issue:
Thanks, I think It's working now though. I've redownloaded both the game and mod and I didn't get those reports. I think I was misplacing the mod's folder or something. If you keep having problems you may want to check that out.
But yeah in fact I can't really tell if the mod's working for me... I still have to fight Amy and get the sigil. I just can't pass through the Lumiren's song event xD

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
Fullest version of console instructions is on this page:

You can increase your level by adding XP to your character. You can add perkpoints to buy more perks. If it's an RP-specific perk you want, you should just go ahead and earn it.
And here I was editing the game files to make foes drop more xp and money.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
it may have something to do with my -20% trance resistance lol
That shouldn't matter, I'm pretty sure that all that matters is your arousal not being too high. Make sure to reduce it after fights when the game gives you the opportunity to access your inventory. (Hint: you can also use the arousal reducing skills at this point)

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
Is the game animated ?
No. There are a couple of characters that feature graphical effects, but most are just still images with varied expressions. A few have art where they have clothing removed as well. And a few characters still lack any art and are simply a text description (these have been decreasing over time as art is added to the game). I would say don't let these things stop you because this really is a great game though!

Aquilez

Jun 26, 2019
Is there some indicator that shows you've been through all of a girl's content in a dungeon? It's a little hard to figure out if I should keep fighting someone to get more story and dialogue. Is there a character that eventually lives in the town if you fight them enough or befriend them? I know some quests have characters that have "unfinished content" marked in the text box but not for the monster girls you interact with in the dungeons.

MadFoole

Feb 8, 2020
Is there some indicator that shows you've been through all of a girl's content in a dungeon? It's a little hard to figure out if I should keep fighting someone to get more story and dialogue. Is there a character that eventually lives in the town if you fight them enough or befriend them? I know some quests have characters that have "unfinished content" marked in the text box but not for the monster girls you interact with in the dungeons.
Ingame? Not to my knowledge. The Wiki is fairly complete, so you can check against your experience with the info there. I know waifupocalypse creates a story path to "move" Trisha to inside the adventurers hall, where you can then go straight to some sex scenes by visiting her there.

Reactions: L30 and Aquilez
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes