Kaftein

Nov 22, 2019
I honestly thought that fighting both twins at once was a one-time only thing. Don't ask me why, I'm not sure what was going through my head at the time either--but it ended up that I tried taking them both on at once while I was at like level 38 or something. I turtled hard. Still managed to win somehow thanks to the combined power of savescum and heals

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Wait I just reached the point where I can respec so I can just respec, get the nymph blessing then respec again
Either of those are possible, it really depends on whether you want to run a luck build long enough to get the nymph or if you want to bank the money while running a more mainstream build and then pay for the nymph, personally i'd stick to a non luck build and save the money up.

Reactions: L30

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
Luck builds seem to be alright, helps you in many different ways, but willpower's probably better as a tertiary stat if you're concerned about passing in-combat tests. However, Luck helps with them too if less so and willpower is less of an absolute must now that checks take more stats into account. You do need some minimum willpower, mind, if you're doing Kotone's route and some minimum max allure as well.

Also, there will likely be eventual additional perks and such that reward specialized builds more. Right now you can reach a far higher level than is required to finish the current content and there isn't much content for those higher levels.

Last edited:

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
Luck builds seem to be alright, helps you in many different ways, but willpower's probably better as a tertiary stat if you're concerned about passing in-combat tests. However, Luck helps with them too if less so and willpower is less of an absolute must now that checks take more stats into account. You do need some minimum willpower, mind, if you're doing Kotone's route and some minimum max allure as well.
I remember making a chart to 20 of a stat in July 2020 and what it would unlock (back then 20 was the key to unlocking a lot of powerful skills in a particular stat) and it was relevant for a month before Threshold did a rebalancing/revamp of the skills.

My reaction to any luck-dominant build in the first link still stands.

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
Luck does definitely need at least some perks keyed off it.
Nah, it's exactly where it belongs, in the trash.

Real talk though, I'm not sure what luck could do to be worth putting stat points into it over others. It's not an attack stat, and it doesn't raise your energy/arousal. I think you'd need some new mechanic that's based off luck. Maybe luck rolls somehow? No idea how you'd implement that but it's all I got.

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Apologies for the recent lack of posts and information everyone. Work has been incredibly busy these past few weeks and suffice to say, I have not had any real free time for anything unfortunately. Made some time to share some information today, and sorry in advanced if I do not address your question, I am still a little pressed for time as it would be irresponsible to take a longer break. Also, thank you very much to everyone who fielded and answered questions while I have been away.

I tried a game like that, reducing all other stats to 1 lets you start with a whopping 30 spirit. You can breeze through the forest with that but you get shut down hard when you reach the temple and encounter your first imps with their energy drain attacks.
Yes, that is the major weakness of that build in that opponents with Energy Drain and/or Semen Eater are much more challenging. Fortunately there are not that many enemies with those perks in the game as of yet, but those that do are a major challenge for that build until it is at a higher level. At least it does make for an effective training wheels character to see what works and what doesn't given how generally durable the build is and the amount of experimentation in battle it would allow.

Speak for yourself, some of us paid that off already.
I would assume that if alternative bases of operations are going to be added, the capital would be the most obvious place for one.
That's more of a consequence of the current content available and some later game content being made available more than anything. Elements like paying off the debt, covering all of Mika's expenses, clearing Kotone's challenge, winning against Sofia's fights, and so on are content that is intended to be returned to and tackled as the player advances further in the game. Of course, as we can't really go that far in right now, grinding and conquering those challenges is the current end game once the story and all of the other relationships that the player is interested in have been advanced as far as the current content allows.

That reminds me how I'd really like to see, once we get them both to love level, convincing Kotone to tell Feng the truth about their history. I know she's already got more content than most other girls but it's so sad how Feng doesn't know. :cry:
Well, you're in luck that the long term plans for those two do involve resolving the situation between Kotone and Feng. How that ultimately will play out is not known, but more likely than not it will be a happier ending given the generally lighthearted setting and especially considering that it seems necessary to further develop both Kotone and Feng as well as deepen the relationship with both characters.

She hasn't lost her personality, just her memories. I don't remember her dreaming about her first life, though.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I do hope that you find this information helpful, Master of Puppets.

This might get quite jarring for many people as more of the romance routes get filled out, perhaps there could be a mechanic where you can change your recall stone's spawn point? Might be fun, instead of Lillian's revitalizing bucket of water, you get sly comments from Kotone, or Angry Lizard Berating, or whatever.

Could also have a gameplay-affecting element by shutting off access to the inn meals but providing different benefits instead, for which there's plenty of room for creativity in the mechanics.
While that could lead to some fun and interesting encounters, if a mechanic like that was ever to be introduced, it would probably more likely than not be tied into the player housing system whenever it actually materializes. Although, it could be rather chaotic depending on how many girls you have living with you and if scenes were written to allow more than one to greet you when you wake. Worst case scenario, it could just choose one of the individuals living with you at random for making certain you're okay after being teleported. Of course, the player housing system is likely a very long ways off and we do not really have any idea of how it would function beyond it being suggested we would be able to invite some of the girls to live with us.

I do hope that you find this information useful, track989 and some of this may also be of interest to you with regards to cohabitating with the lovely monster girls, Duke Greene.

Is it possible to add the ability to create your own base so that the entire harem moves there?
And is it possible to slightly edit the cotone to make her thighs more slender, and the texture of the skin less old?
For the base, as I mentioned above and as Lazyrick stated, that will be content for the future. The player having their own house is a feature planned for the future but until then, you could always try your hand at modding if you cannot wait until that day arrives. As for Kotone's art, while arguably disrespectful to the artist and Threshold's vision for the character, you could edit her art and mod it into the game if you were so inclined. Worst case scenario, you could always ask someone to try and edit the art for you if you do not have the skills to do so, but I couldn't say if there is anyone who would acquiesce to such a request.

While this may be disappointing, I do hope that this is an adequate answer to your questions, Lis1488.

Yeah, how dare you give me so little informatio-

...Hey, I am pretty sure I'm speaking for everyone here when I say that we're incredibly thankful for these behemoths of a post you are dropping every once in a while. Filled to the brim with information, - every time. No matter how many times you answered some of the questions in prior posts, you'll gladly do it again. Damn. We don't deserve that. So please don't apologise, - if anything, we should apologise to you. And don't even get me started on the pandemic.
...Just take your time, alright. Stay safe.

I do hope that this left at least a tiny smile on your face, L30.
It did put a smile on my face, so thank you for that. As for staying safe, due to my profession I am staying as safe as can be but I am exposed to those who are sick and dying on what is essentially a daily basis currently. I still haven't contracted the disease yet, so here's hoping that trend continues. Already had a few coworkers become infected and succumb sadly, and that has further contributed to how busy I am at work.

Thank you once again and be certain to take care of yourself as well, Nevart.

Is her left hand larger due to forced perspective, or has she REALLY developed it in her private time?
It's forced perspective in the case of one of Feng's hands seeming larger. She's in a stance where she's turned her left side towards us and is holding her left hand forward while her right hand is raised overhead. So yes, it's just perspective rather than her spending too much time using one particular hand/arm although the latter situation does lead to potentially amusing imagery.

I hope that this is an effective answer to your question, MadFoole.

Monster Girl Dreams [Alpha v23.5e] Threshold

Original Size Win/Linux: 525 MB
Original Size Mac: 507 MB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 132 MB: MEGA
Compressed Size Mac: 115 MB: MEGA

Note: Best way to download from MEGA and avoid the Download Limit is by using MEGA App, MEGAsync.

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
Just wanted to say thanks for providing this option since I know that some users have trouble downloading larger files or need MEGA as a download mirror due to various issues.

So thank you very much, JokerLeader.

Hi is there somenody who would know if there is mod for adding cg images to characters without them?
As littleowen stated, and thank you very much for that, there are no image pack mods for those characters lacking assets at the moment. Fortunately, only a handful of characters in game are lacking art at the moment, Tabitha's art assets are ready for implementation so that's another one to be checked off soon, and Beris will likely have art soon given the Labyrinth is coming ever nearer to being created. One of the Guardians, Ushris, already has her art ready, so she'll arrive with her art assets in game and then there are a few other upcoming characters that already have art lined up apparently but have not been revealed as they are still some ways off yet. Such a mod likely would not be too difficult to implement if you just used a single static image and didn't do anything with expressions, but most modders right now probably don't see such an undertaking as worth the effort given that such a series of mods would be rendered unnecessary, some sooner than others.

While this may not be what you wanted to hear, I do hope that you find this informative, szermen97.

-snip-

There is no Art (Images) to accompany the amazing text during the sex encounters:(

-snip-

The only mechanic I sorta did no understand was the "sensitivity" one.
Decreasing the sensitivity of a stat means we take less Arousal Damage to the giving type right ?
For example I set the sensitivity kissing stat to 150%, so they means I will be taking big arousal damage when a monster girl goes in for the kiss right ?
And I will take less arousal damage if under 100% right ? For example I have set the sensitivity stat on the Nipples to 50%, so if a monster girl tries playing with my nipples, I will take less arousal damge ? Right ?
As thrownawayburger mentioned and cited in his quotes, and thank you very much for that, CG art is at the bottom of the list in terms of art priority. The primary aim for art assets at the moment are character sprites so that every character will have a representative image instead of a text description. The secondary focus for art assets are on backgrounds as backgrounds can be experienced by all players while not every player would be interested in every character. Additionally, having proper backgrounds adds further polish to the game. As an example, I know some players were put off for the longest time due to the basic stone background that was used to represent the Town before it received proper background art. As for CGs, it is planned for every character to have at least one or two CGs but certain major characters like Kotone or Sofia will have more art assets. That said, it is possible that CGs won't be entirely shelved until the very end as Kotone did receive something closer to a CG with her stepping art asset. It is not quite a proper CG, but it does help bridge the gap and add further visuals to accompany the text.

Yes, for Sensitivity, a lower percentage means you take less damage and a higher percentage means more damage. Sensitivities are how vulnerable your body is, so a Mouth Sensitivity above 100% would mean you take increased damage when being kissed while a Cock Sensitivity below 100% would mean you take less damage from any action that targets your penis. Fetishes conversely affect damage based on your opponent's actions and body parts. So using your Ass Fetish as an example, your Ass Fetish would adds its value as additional damage to any attack your opponent makes that involves their posterior, whether this be flaunting and showing off, hotdogging, or anal sex, your Ass Fetish would increase the damage of those attacks. Your Fetishes also tie into certain event checks and can make them harder to resist should your Fetish be at higher levels.

I do hope that this addresses any lingering questions you may have, Limited20.

i dont think anyone has talked about this, but, can vivian be THE goddes? You know, Venereae, she is extremely well informed about angels and the goddes herself, she likes the goddes almost too much, and when she says that the goddes is not a whore she looks upset, very upset
The current prevailing theory is that Vivian is a Cherub. Venereae's Cherubim are angels that like to play matchmaker and try to arrange couples and relationships. Given Vivian's antics thus far, she is trying to play matchmaker more often than not. It would also explain why she is fairly pious with regards to Venereae's religion, always keeps the establishment tame when Lillian is around to have a meal, and would also explain her appearance and her explanation that her figure is due to Venereae's blessings. While not exactly due to blessings from donations, it would be true enough if Vivian is a Cherub as she would have a divinely granted figure as she would be an angel of a goddess of sex and fertility. Vivian being an angel of Venereae would also explain how she is able to procure herbs and ingredients from the Celestial Realm, that is the realm of Venereae. Venereae is busy elsewhere doing whatever projects she's working on beyond contacting various new adventurers and giving them the stock chosen spiel, which is occasionally derailed such as when the player character is noted as being top of their class at Adventum.

I do hope that you find this theory and the accompanying explanations compelling, asierm.

This game is progressing at a snail's pace.
This past year was poor in terms of new content given most of the focus for the year was devoted to updating and refining the foundations and code of the game. In this post, I did provide a ready for consumption breakdown on the various changes made since the Caverns were implemented, so pretty much all of the changes throughout 2020. I didn't even cover all of the specifics and the overall changelog is still rather substantial. So while the new content for consumption was on the lighter side, there was a great deal of work under the hood. Unfortunately, Threshold did burn out at the end of the year with 2020 being a terrible year not helping. Luckily that was around Christmas, a perfect time for a break regardless. Now that Threshold seems to have recovered, hopefully the rate of development will return to its prior levels, we'll see the completion of Elly and Venefica's quest, and the story can then resume moving forward again.

While this is not much, I do hope that this is a satisfactory response for the moment, Nixi~.

You know what would be cool? A custom dungeon mode built on the system you can access after you clear each region, but one that lets you populate the dungeon with enemies and events from all cleared dungeons, with no "sent back to town" penalties for losses.
I have potentially good news on that idea then. The long term plans for the Labyrinth apparently do include it having something of a choose your own deck mode if you choose to Explore it after clearing the storymode run with the Guardian sisters. I'm not certain if it will feature the events of the various regions given some of those are tied to specific locations that won't be in the Labyrinth, like the Bubble Slime's Spring, Nova's Lava Pool, and so on, but the idea as it was last mentioned was that the exploration deck would have a massive cap and could feature generic enemies from any location as you would be fighting girls traveling to and from the Capital. Events like Mimics or Shizu restpoint ambushes could be potential options though given those are not tied to specific locations.

I couldn't say whether or not these enemies would feature level scaling, but that could be a potential feature for Labyrinth generics since those wouldn't be enemies native to lower level areas or monster girls at a certain power level hired to work in a particular dungeon like the Forest Dungeon is intentionally staffed with lower level imps and why an Arch-imp like Vili is relegated to the backrooms because she is too powerful for the average adventurer challenging the Forest Dungeon.

I do hope that you find this potential future development a useful piece of information, Sandanzuki.

as of 2021 has the dev said something about pregnancy content
As Pink Chaos mentioned, and thank you very much for that, the plotline for the Elven Village is planned to revolve around helping them with their population crisis as their numbers are dwindling. If you believe information presented thus far, according to Kotone the youngest Elf is over 300 years old already. So the breeding obsession of the Elves and their constant attempts to become pregnant takes on a whole new light in the face of their gradual extinction. Fortunately, the answer to their prayers may have finally arrived, assuming a certain new adventurer heeds the call and doesn't mind such content.

Other than the Elves, it is possible that one or more Voltins, whether Galvi or some other character or group, will feature such content given that they are just as breed hungry as the Elves, if not more so. Their electricity literally makes human males enter a breeding rut with enough exposure after all, so it would make sense if one or more members of that group of monster girls would also feature such content. Not to mention that Voltlins seem to have two passions universally, tinkering and experimenting on technology and breeding, so it would not be a surprise if a Voltlin eventually featured this content as well. Galvi has been a delight so far, so she's a solid candidate on that front. Of course, there is also the inevitable flat Voltlin with the ability to levitate given that piece of lore needs a representative, so that character would likely be another viable option.

how far in the game is the girl in your banner?
I noticed you had this question in a different thread with regards to Kotone signatures. Kotone is encountered at the start of the second dungeon, the Will-Power Temple on the Willpower side. If you rush through everything and/or cheat your stats, you can probably reach Kotone under an hour or two. Perhaps faster if you don't mind missing out on story by using the skip function to rush through text. If you take your time and go through the game properly, it may take you two to four hours depending on how effective your build is and how much grinding and leveling you need to do to clear the Mystic Forest, Forest Dungeon, and Mountain and if you decide to do any of the side stories like Jora or Kaia the Manticore before making your way further into the game.

I do hope that this is a satisfactory answer to your queries, Forsenlol.

So it is worth it to dump stats into luck to get Nymph blessing?
The only time I would recommend this is either if you plan on using the respec system to take those points out afterwards, if you're roleplaying a build that includes Luck as a character trait, or if you're running a build heavy on Technique, Allure, or both. Running Technique and Luck can make for a high Critical Hit Chance build while Allure and Luck makes for a decent Critical Hit Chance build with high Critical Damage, then investing in all three boosts both Critical Hit Chance and Damage. A Jack-of-all-trades build may be able to benefit from Luck to help shore up all of your stat check rolls and provide a few other benefits, but that is a little less firm and its foundation may become even shakier once the level 100 cap is introduced. Although, that will likely arrive with the Rebirth system, think Disgaea Reincarnation, so we'll be able to reset our level for long terms benefits. It's possible that Luck could have some booster perk as a part of the Rebirth system like how Allure has the Alluring level up perk and Sofia's Mysterious Allure perks to help boost their scaling and make Allure a more viable attribute.

A cheaper alternative to respecing would just be to donate to the Church until you unlock your friendly Valkyrie, Lucille, who is in charge of the Holy shop in the Temple where you can purchase additional blessings and the like. One blessing includes the ability to meet Selena the Nymph without needing Luck in order to stumble into her glade. That said, one of the dungeons in the Capital is the Casino. Luck may feature heavily in that dungeon so the attribute could be quite useful in that particular location.

I do hope that this fully answers your question, beldr.

Nah, it's exactly where it belongs, in the trash.

Real talk though, I'm not sure what luck could do to be worth putting stat points into it over others. It's not an attack stat, and it doesn't raise your energy/arousal. I think you'd need some new mechanic that's based off luck. Maybe luck rolls somehow? No idea how you'd implement that but it's all I got.
Well, the Casino is sitting rather menacingly in the Capital right now. Considering the house will enslave those who fall in debt to the place and how the owner appears to be one of the more petty and vindictive monster girls since she would apparently place an effective embargo on the Will-Power Temple if the Oni Twins spoiled her introduction and revealed her species, Luck could take on a greater importance in that location. It is meant to be the Luck Dungeon after all, so I imagine it will feature a number of Luck checks much like how the Will-Power Temple had plenty of Willpower and Power checks in its two sides.

Of course, the Willpower checks could largely be avoided if you didn't fall for the initial trap on the Willpower side and the Power side did offer alternate checks other than Power as solutions to the trials, so it may not be that critical ultimately. I imagine having Luck would help with winning any of the games in the Casino and walking away with more Eros than you went in or winning any of the fabulous prizes™, but that's more speculation than anything at this point. Is it still a dump stat for most players and builds, probably, but it probably will have its own time to shine in that particular dungeon.

I do hope that you find this informative, Mustang Flex.

Now, as for the update news, all reported bugs except for one have been fixed as the remaining bug needs more information to help pinpoint exactly what the issue is. One particular bug that has been found and fixed is that hitting monsters with a skill not changing their expression when they use their response line has been corrected. So combat will be a little more emotive going forward. This bug has apparently been around since the Combat Balance update due to the error behind it, so it has been around and not reported for quite some time. So with all of the bugfixing virtually complete, efforts can shift over to the final stretch of Elly and Venefica's quest, tying up all of the loose ends, and then closing this shared chapter of both Elly and Venefica's stories. While it has not been confirmed yet, it is possible Tabitha's art could be implemented along with this as well, but that is not certain yet as it may hinge on how much time it takes to complete this side story content.

I do hope that everyone interested in this update news finds this at least a little useful.

However, this is not the only news I bring. I bring modding news as well as Oluap has released an update to their Gorgon's Garden mod. Apologies for the delay in releasing this information as this mod was updated roughly two weeks ago now. You can download the mod on Gorgon's Garden of the Monster Girl Dreams wiki.

That changelog not enticing enough to try the mod on its own, well then, here's a full sample of Euryale's art.

Finally, if you have been enchanted by Euryale and would like to show your appreciation for the character and/or Olaup's hard work, then here's a pair of signatures I made for her to commemorate this update.

I do hope that everyone interested in this modding news enjoys this update to the lovely lady.

Last edited:

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
My luck's been at 1 since I picked up this game. So it sounds like the Casino's gonna be a real bad time. (or a good time, if the lore around it's owner enslaving people's more than background fluff) But I've always been a more 'make my own luck' kinda mindset, so it might be a repeat of the power side of the temple when I breezed through with a mage build.

Excellent replies to everyone as always, looking forward to the side quests getting completed.

MadFoole

Feb 8, 2020
Is anyone else having difficulty downloading the Gorgons Garden update? I'm using Chrome and after I click on the direct download link, it quickly says I have 1,078/1,078 KB, but it doesn't actually COMPLETE the download. Like it just sits there, claiming it's done but refusing to finish.

Edited to add: Made it complete by pausing the download than resuming it. Still odd, but it might just be my laptop being persnickety in its advanced years.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
L30 do you know if more backgrounds to the town are planned? So far there is just the main square, it would be nice to have different backgrounds for the guild, Lillian's church, Vivian's inn, etc. when we visit them.

Dec 10, 2019
Is anyone else having difficulty downloading the Gorgons Garden update? I'm using Chrome and after I click on the direct download link, it quickly says I have 1,078/1,078 KB, but it doesn't actually COMPLETE the download. Like it just sits there, claiming it's done but refusing to finish.

Edited to add: Made it complete by pausing the download than resuming it. Still odd, but it might just be my laptop being persnickety in its advanced years.
I have noticed my computer does this for files sometimes, and as you said pausing and restarting often fixes it.

Reactions: MadFoole
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes