loGic21

Mar 14, 2019
Wait...I thought the cap was LV 100, am I right?

Then why can I still level up? Not that I mind too much, that improves my game even better.

Edit.: Well, I've searched a little in this thread. I guess it's not implemented yet. What will happen if I'm beyond that cap?
Wow, you have such low max arousal and so high sensitivities and fetish levels. Don't they all one shot you?

As for your question. It was mentioned that you get a level reset for a bonus when you reach the level cap, which wasn't specified yet what that will exactly look like. But it was often compared to a mechanic from the game Disgaea, never played that myself, so I can't confirm.

Reactions: L30

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020

Then why can I still level up? Not that I mind too much, that improves my game even better.

Edit.: Well, I've searched a little in this thread. I guess it's not implemented yet. What will happen if I'm beyond that cap?
How the hell did you do this

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
i can't even draw stick figures:cry:
Try drawing something as good as the art in the game, you'll see how long it takes. Skill can cut down that time somewhat, but point is, art takes time and money. It isn't as simple as giving the artists more work to do, they won't work any faster. Just listen to what Thres has been saying instead of ignoring it like you have been doing, you aren't privy to the details and they are. In short, they know more than you do about how hard what you're asking for is.

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
Wow, you have such low max arousal and so high sensitivities and fetish levels. Don't they all one shot you?

As for your question. It was mentioned that you get a level reset for a bonus when you reach the level cap, which wasn't specified yet what that will exactly look like. But it was often compared to a mechanic from the game Disgaea, never played that myself, so I can't confirm.
I have equiped the collar and enlightment rings to level up faster. I just rush into 3 den of succubus at forest dungeon without losing a single spirit. Also, I bought a respect and didn't use sensibility points, neither most of my perk points (just enough to endure the raids). Not to mention, I think I have too much perks from the girls (the nymph, manticore, kotone, etc). Btw, thanks for your answer.

How the hell did you do this
Using the equipment you can see in the picture. Also, rush into the den of succubus with arousara and high will-power-allure

i say hes a masoist or in to femdom:sneaky:
I just like to beat demons and angels as well. Since I can only beat succubus, I spend most of my time doing that (also visiting Ancilla as well, best girl). Sofia is a pain in the ass, I drank like 30 elixirs while fighting against her third form and failling 75% of my Demon Layer's attacks (seriously, imagine if she's that strong then how buff is the Demon Queen).

Edit.: Just put my comments in a single post to avoid spam

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Is there any way to fix the bug so I can play the game?
Sadly not that I'm aware of, it will take the game update I think. Provided that actually fixes it.
Though updating your device MIGHT help. I can't be sure.

you won't have that problem with thres detailed descriptions:p
all of the portraits fit the girls perfectli:love:
No they're right, art goes through multiple iterations of back and forth before it's done.
It's a deceptive amount of work lol.

but that's just close ups on her face expressions with kissing ...
also background light change
(kotone cgs are better)
I said experimental for a reason? lol

how about:
adding a single standing cg for the main stances: titfuck/blowjop and of course sex position
which can be used for love dove scenes as well;)

also you can use the close ups for: making out and breast smothering stance
and keep the background lights for seduction/hypnosis
using both methods would be perfect:WeSmart:

as for the main character just use a transparent faceless meat bag:sneaky:
the only thing that matter is his dick anyway..
if you meant what perspective for the cgs then first person would be best like with the close ups:unsure:
I can assure you I already have plans in place, these things just take time. I know exactly what I'm doing.

you know shit happens artist could die or get sick and stuff...
better get the art done sooner than later
Well that'd just be life right there.
As I've said prior, time and scheduling are the main factor, not funding.
I've maintained my plan for getting things done and it's been good.

also the peoples looking for cgs is the largest group
adding cgs is the main suggestion, and it would only improve the game:)
You have no proof thats the largest group, lol?
By all means it will likely attract more people.
But again, time is the primary factor. There is no rushing this.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I already know HOW to implement them in game, they already exist afterall. Sofia 'effectively' uses that implementation method already.
I more mean, 'what does the main character look like'. Is the more complex situation for lewd cg.
I would say if it gets time to do that go for the featureless grey route, though I like that your priority is for the portraits first. Hoping for dynamic and nude ones for the girls who don't have them yet!

Reactions: L30 and decker2

Aiwa

Aug 12, 2016
There are two mods for this game that are subjectively higher quality than the others, namely "Mari the Butterfly" and "Gorgon's Garden". I'm also looking forward to the pregnancy concent, I hope it will be possible to impregnate town NPCs too. And lets not forget about meeting your magically born and aged progeny.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
I like the concept of Amy will there possibly be more characters will a creepy or horror element to them? its a not a concept that has been regularly shown in a erotic way and could make some interesting interactions and ideas! but it would be tough to make a character that creeps a player out but still make it attractive :ROFLMAO: but I like Amy so its possible!
Yeah, I like it when Monster Girl stuff goes more into the horror aspects instead of "Big tidday girl with random animal bits." I think MGQ and Shrift has made this far more popular.
The fear element gets some going. Like MC could actually die here, and they're really willing to end them via drain/snu-snu/absorb/eat(potentially draining beforehand)/crush him. Especially when there's a sadistic/gleeful part with the monster girl enjoying doing it. I'm more inclined to the first two but I'm aware that the others are a thing.

And in any of those cases, doing the X suggestion isn't always a good idea. That just leads to endless feature creep and sadness.
An indie dev who fully understands content creep's habit of killing projects and causing burnout. Props.
Well, even horrific file size aside, not every scene.
Your game was originally text based. Agree entirely on what you said about backgrounds and scenes. Doesn't do any good for immersion if its pretty sex cgs with blobs for the background the whole game. May as well just have a blank black screen at that point.

Do whatever is tasteful to you (maybe toss a poll or just an open question with some examples on what the patrons think looks good for some extra input?) and roll with it imo. Your project, the less its a chore and more fun you have with it the better. Looking to continue following this.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
You have no proof thats the largest group, lol?
By all means it will likely attract more people.
But again, time is the primary factor. There is no rushing this.
Well, I for one appreciate the sprites + expressions system.
I also couldn't care less for out-of-place CGs... though if some miracle happens and some unknown genius artist begs you to draw 100 of them for dirt cheap, go for it? :unsure:

I might have said this before, but my own recommendations for good investment/return would be:
- simple skill-dependent animations/cut-ins (think Ason's Succubus Cage. Works best when you've already read that skill's text 20 times over)
- soundbase for skills (sound helps a lot, immersion-wise. There are a bunch of cheap packs to try out, most of them intended for RPGMaker)

Art is costly, as was repeatedly pointed out. Custom-made art, even more so.
Anything that goes towards enlarging that money sink, is probably a bad thing. I'd get pretty demoralized myself if that artist I've commissioned was paid an hourly wage 10x my own :ROFLMAO:
(edit: probably an exaggeration... :unsure: I'd estimate a single sprite has behind it 10-12 hours of research/sketching + 2 hours of drawing/coloring. So, up to 20$/h according to the previous figures. I'm doing these maths for the people requesting art, so they can have some perspective)

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Gojii

L30

Dec 20, 2017
I like the concept of Amy will there possibly be more characters will a creepy or horror element to them? its a not a concept that has been regularly shown in a erotic way and could make some interesting interactions and ideas! but it would be tough to make a character that creeps a player out but still make it attractive :ROFLMAO: but I like Amy so its possible!
It is quite likely there will be more characters of that nature considering Amy's creator is Nihltet, the Commander of the Technique Dungeon. Said dungeon is likely the Pyramid out in the Desert, or some other location out in the Desert, and according to the Oni Twins, her dungeon is filled with her experiments. So it is highly probable that more girls with themes in common with Amy could make an appearance in that location.

It is worth noting that just mentioning Nihltet's experiments is enough to make Himika blanch and make both sisters shudder, so creepy, eldritch, and/or horror sounds like a common theme for the Technique Dungeon's denizens. As for Nihltet, we don't know much about her other than she is a powerful mage, a skilled researcher, that she is interested in the lost technology of the past, and she is another old acquaintance of Sofia like Kotone and Venefica. Based on her name, some type of Egyptian themed Monster Girl seems likely unless Threshold subverts expectations and makes Nihltet a Vampire considering Sofia has mentioned a Vampire as another of her friends/acquaintances and it does not appear that we have met one yet.

I do hope that this information gives you hope for future potentially creepy content in Monster Girl Dreams, Maizemallard.

Didnd't see this question yet, but what's your favorite Generic Monster Girl yet ? (so excluding non-unique characters)

I'm curious too see who is the fan's favorite.
Truthfully, I like all of the generics so far, but for a few highlights:

Elves: "Oh no, he's hot.", "I-I won't lose to this!" (In the end, she lost to this.), and just looking forward to the Elven Village in general.

Imp: You can have fun bullying them, you can luxuriate with a harem of them, or you can even engage in wholesome activities like cuddling and headpats with Imp #7.

Kunoichi Trainees: Incredibly fun to dominate, especially once they start calling you Master~.

Toxic Matango: Spend a week with a Red Matango until you develop Mushroom Head, then hunt down a Toxic Matango ambush and turn the tables on her with your new equipment that she'll find irresistible.

Then of course Slimes and Harpies just for being generally pleasant bundles of happiness. But as I said, I've enjoyed all of the generics thus far.

I hope that this is at least a satisfying answer to your query, Gwedelino.

Imps - (Well developed monsters, fun to bully, masochistic).
Kunoichi Trainees - (Again fun to bully and to dominate).
Tengu -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Good tastes, but I didn't mention the Tengu or the Red Matango in the above list because the former is certainly not a true generic and the latter may not be one either. The Tengu in the Will-Power Temple is actually a single, unique individual, she is just listed in generic as she is currently unnamed and it does allow an easy out should she not be developed in the future. So if she does receive an expansion, great, if not, well she won't appear to have any more potential depth than initially presented like any other generic and players in general will be none the wiser.

The Red Matango in the Forest Dungeon actually does have a progress/affection stat like unique NPCs. You can build up or lose a little progress with her depending on how you respond during the Red Matango Ambush in the Forest Dungeon. "I could never hate you." is the best option and awards 10 points of progress/affection with the currently unnamed Red Matango and she'll hug you even more tightly; "Well, I wouldn't be against doing this again." and "I think I'll be avoiding you after this..." are the second best options and both grant 5 points of progress, but the latter option also reveals something of a yandere nature in the affectionate mushroom girl as she'll respond with "Not if I keep you with me forever..."; and the worst option is "This may have been a mistake..." as that reduces her affection by 5 points, dropping it to -5, and causes her to become sad as well as panicking more and clinging tightly to you.

So the Tengu is actually a single individual rather than a true generic as per statements by Threshold while the Red Matango we find in the Forest Dungeon is also likely the same individual every time based on her having an affection progress stat like other unique NPCs, making the Red Matango unique as well rather than a generic.

I do hope that you find this informative, None000.

Is there any way to fix the bug so I can play the game?
Unfortunately, the only solution that comes to mind other than waiting for the update to land would be to use Joiplay along with its Ren'Py plugin to emulate the PC version on Android. It does work, although how successful the venture is would depend on your device as it works better with some than others. Additionally, it will drain your battery faster than the actual Android version and may cause your device to heat up. However, other than being able to play, you'll also have access to the console and the ability to successfully mod the game on Android with relative ease unlike the actual Android version. The following spoiler will contain the general walkthrough for the process I made on MGD's Discord:

It's not the best solution, but if you don't want to wait for the updated Android build, this could help, Draugr69.

The level cap is still some ways off but there likely will not be any issues. Worst case scenario, you'll just need to use the to drop your level down to 100 before updating the game. Due to running the same character for years, I'm far above the level cap, by a few hundred levels to say the least, so I'll certainly be able to test and see how the game responds to overleveled characters once the feature arrives. Considering legacy characters survived the big balance update, I'm certain overleveled characters will make it through the level cap introduction and Rebirth implementation.

I hope that this assuages your concerns, Facha1234.

I would say if it gets time to do that go for the featureless grey route, though I like that your priority is for the portraits first. Hoping for dynamic and nude ones for the girls who don't have them yet!
More nude layers are certainly coming in the future. Vili for example will either have her old art touched up to make her more accurate to her description, which will include a nude layer, or she'll receive new art that will both be more accurate to her description and include a nude layer. as well It will just take time for the art to come together, but it seems likely that existing art will be brought up to par for those assets lacking in elements and features, like nude layers, that other art assets have.

While this is not much, I do hope that this brightens your view on the future of such art elements for MGD, Master of Puppets.

Now for the general update news, the 20th has come and gone but there is still more hope for the upcoming update. Threshold did state a few days ago that they hoped to have the update ready around today but around March 27th seems more likely. The buffer for this update's release is the end of this month, so March 31st is the absolute latest day for the release of this update. So, you can look forward to the conclusion of Elly's investigation into Venefica anytime from around this coming weekend to next Wednesday. Of course, it is possible the update could be ready before either of these dates, in which case we'll have a pleasant surprise.

As for content created since my last update news post, Threshold has been keeping the new content largely under wraps, but there is one new scene of 640 words in length, a short 200 word scene, an alternate scene with 500 words, another 200 word scene for returning to Bon Bon Bun if the confrontation event goes poorly (so be careful as it sounds like there could be another content lock like with Jora, Mika, or Ancilla if you make a big mistake or a larger number of smaller mistakes), and Elly's part in confronting Venefica is complete as well as removing Elly from said confrontation. Elly may still have other content needed for this update, but her parts for her role in confronting Venefica are complete. Venefica's part of the confrontation still needs to be completed, but all of the side scenes and lead up before the confrontation are complete. The finale wrap up and any other post winning/successful confrontation additions still need to be completed as well, but progress has been steady.

Other than work on completing the investigation and confronting Venefica, there have been more bug fixes including fixing the GiveSkillThatWasTemporarilyRemoved and RemoveSkillFromPlayerTemporarily functions working with Pin and not properly saving data if you saved and then loaded at certain times causing the skill to be removed. This fix will activate once you return to the Town Square. Threshold also created a new function, the DamageMonsterFromMonster function that can apparently have many applications beyond what can be inferred from its name. So have fun speculating what all this function can mean and potentially do.

I do hope that everyone interested in this update news finds this at least a little useful.

Now for modding news, there have been a number of new mods released recently. Firstly, JLP603 has released a new WIP mod called Artificial Love. This mod adds an Automaton as a generic monster girl to the Caverns as well as a few new features. It is intended to be a challenge for level 40 to 50 players. It also comes with a content warning as this mod contains a few more... niche elements. Specifically, this mod contains AVOIDABLE prolapse, rough sex, asphyxiation, and stomach bulging content. Be certain to read the included readme or mod information file.

Artificial Love can be obtained from Github .

Epickark has released a compatibility update to Waifupocalypse to readjust Clara's room scenes and allow them to be more compatible with other mods that use the Inn room. It has been playtested and should work just fine.

Waifupocalypse can be directly downloaded from Discord .

Byte has remade their Nurarihyon mod from scratch. She has more content than the previous version but no sex scenes as of yet. She can be found in the Mystic Forest and there is a separate quest to reset your progress with her if need be. The included readme with the mod can help shed more light should you have any questions about the mod.

Nurarihyon can be directly downloaded form Discord .

Finally, do you like Elves? Would you like to go on a lovely date with an Elf and steadily build up a relationship with her? If so, then the new mod, The Moaning Forest, created by Grinnvalesti may be of interest to you. The following spoiler will contain changelogs for the mod:

The Moaning Forest can be directly downloaded from Discord .

Finally, as you may have noticed due to the other spoiler earlier in this post. It is possible to use mods in MGD on Android now. However, this requires using Joiplay and the Ren'Py Plugin to run the PC version of MGD on an Android device and modding that version as you would normally do so. Feel free to check out that spoiler, "Running PC MGD on Android via Joiplay", if you're curious and want to try to experience mods on Android. Do note that running PC MGD on Android via Joiplay will likely drain your battery more quickly than running the normal Android version and may cause your device to heat up.

I do hope that everyone interested in this modding news finds this at least a little helpful.

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
I hope that this assuages your concerns, Facha1234.
Yes, it does.
I'm waiting to see when the rebirth system is implemented in-game and explained by Elena/Elly. Plus, I found effective to use enlightment runes + collar of kinky education + Exp perks to level up faster (like two levels each time I fully explore the forest dungeon) so now I'm Lv 140. Though, I'm not sure about other ways to exploit this advantage.

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
What have I become? I need to evaluate my life goals.
I'm not sure if you can one-shot her, but your arousal is incredible low due to your equipment and runes. I'll keep an eye on it, because you need to pass roll checks each time you use Demon Layer and each hit you get is a spirit you'll lose.

Feb 13, 2020
Sophia can be one shotted, I checked. Analyze shows she's got 2000hp at her current strongest, my critic with Demon Layer can take over 2111hp.

I also noticed that there seem to be some sort of a bug? After loading the game I get event broke! message when I try to continue the game and I am returned to town. Nothing game breaking, it showed up after I load save and do something, like picking a choice or after I finish the battle, if I load the game during it. Dunno if this is relevant, but maybe time has something to do with it - last time I played was in december 2020 and all saves seem to suffer from this problem, while I don't remember that being the case when I was playing back then. But saves from today that I used to capture these screenshots are fine. I won't touch them for some time and will see if problem occurs again.

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
Sophia can be one shotted, I checked. Analyze shows she's got 2000hp at her current strongest, my critic with Demon Layer can take over 2111hp.

I also noticed that there seem to be some sort of a bug? After loading the game I get event broke! message when I try to continue the game and I am returned to town. Nothing game breaking, it showed up after I load save and do something, like picking a choice or after I finish the battle, if I load the game during it. Dunno if this is relevant, but maybe time has something to do with it - last time I played was in december 2020 and all saves seem to suffer from this problem, while I don't remember that being the case when I was playing back then. But saves from today that I used to capture these screenshots are fine. I won't touch them for some time and will see if problem occurs again.
Did you move your save from an older version to a new one? In that case, you must save in town on your old version before moving it.
Otherwise, I can't offer another solution.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes