svolozhanin7

Jul 25, 2018
The saddest thing about this game, for me(as a Christian) at least is that, so far our Male MC(John in my case) can't romance Lillian nor Goddess Venereae. It became a standard for that a usually Male "Hero"(a "Light" character) will eventually fall in love and with a "Demon Queen"(a "Dark" character) and they will "Happily Married", have children etc. It's a basic formula in today Fantasy anything setting for narrative structure. And I don't against it it just...

I also thought it would be cool if Hero would fall in love Goddess of Light of his world since I didn't see it used much today. How cool it would be to have a supreme deity as your wife? :love:

P.S- On that note. I wonder how Goddess Venereae looks like? Since she didn't have a sprite yet... :unsure: Anyway, if one day Venereae will become a love interest, I would definitely pair my boi John with her! :sneaky:(y)

P.S.S- All my interests aside, good work with the game so far ThresholdMGD! Hope you have a good day and good luck! :cool:

L30

Dec 20, 2017
The saddest thing about this game, for me(as a Christian) at least is that, so far our Male MC(John in my case) can't romance Lillian nor Goddess Venereae. It became a standard for that a usually Male "Hero"(a "Light" character) will eventually fall in love and with a "Demon Queen"(a "Dark" character) and they will "Happily Married", have children etc. It's a basic formula in today Fantasy anything setting for narrative structure. And I don't against it it just...

I also thought it would be cool if Hero would fall in love Goddess of Light of his world since I didn't see it used much today. How cool it would be to have a supreme deity as your wife? :love:

P.S- On that note. I wonder how Goddess Venereae looks like? Since she didn't have a sprite yet... :unsure: Anyway, if one day Venereae will become a love interest, I would definitely pair my boi John with her! :sneaky:(y)

P.S.S- All my interests aside, good work with the game so far ThresholdMGD! Hope you have a good day and good luck! :cool:
Well, Lillian does have more content planned for the future. As listed in the overall plan document, "More cute. More purity. More purge the Heresy," and of course she'll have more skills to teach as she'll be the source of Holy Skills like the Demon Layer. She's a Town NPC though, so you can probably expect a slower drip of content for her than a character in a field or dungeon location.

As for Venereae, she is listed as an option in the overall content plans document, and given that she is the Goddess of Purity and Chastity (actually the Goddess of Fertility but don't tell Lillian), it would be more surprising than not if she didn't have any content eventually. Although she'll at least have more donation rewards eventually according to the future plans.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I do hope that you've found this at least a little helpful, svolozhanin7.

As for additional information that may be of interests to users of this thread, assuming nothing goes wrong, the next update appears like it should be ready around the end of the month. Hopefully it will include Awakened Sofia's art (or I guess technically Sofia Awoken) along with her serious mode fight because it is a great piece of work. It really causes her current line about 'destroying your dick in a good way' to become a highly tempting offer to say the least. However, for those who aren't a fan of the lazy succubus, all of this also means we're that much closer to more Ancilla content for you fans of the sheep girl maid.

svolozhanin7

Jul 25, 2018
Well, Lillian does have more content planned for the future. As listed in the overall plan document, "More cute. More purity. More purge the Heresy," and of course she'll have more skills to teach as she'll be the source of Holy Skills like the Demon Layer. She's a Town NPC though, so you can probably expect a slower drip of content for her than a character in a field or dungeon location.

As for Venereae, she is listed as an option in the overall content plans document, and given that she is the Goddess of Purity and Chastity (actually the Goddess of Fertility but don't tell Lillian), it would be more surprising than not if she didn't have any content eventually. Although she'll at least have more donation rewards eventually according to the future plans.

I do hope that you've found this at least a little helpful, svolozhanin7.

As for additional information that may be of interests to users of this thread, assuming nothing goes wrong, the next update appears like it should be ready around the end of the month. Hopefully it will include Awakened Sofia's art (or I guess technically Sofia Awoken) along with her serious mode fight because it is a great piece of work. It really causes her current line about 'destroying your dick in a good way' to become a highly tempting offer to say the least. However, for those who aren't a fan of the lazy succubus, all of this also means we're that much closer to more Ancilla content for you fans of the sheep girl maid.
Yes thank you very much. Knowing that there is a hope for a "pure" playthrough with romance Venereae along the journey, is enough to satisfying my will to wait for the next update!

Don't worry I won't tell Lillian about this little detail.

Also I would like to apologize for referring to ThresholdMGD while it appears there is a team working on this game. You guys doing great job! I wish you good luck and vanilla sex in the future! Amen!

P.S- Ah, last question. "Is there is going to be a default name/appearance for the male MC?" Or is he going to be fully customizable or left to our imagination? I mean no offence, but using "Hero" as MC defualt name is a little bit bothering me. It's fine you want to leave main character ambitious and up to the player! It's just that I preferre to by my MC's default status to kind of "keeping close to canon" you can say. Hehehe... :whistle:

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Yes thank you very much. Knowing that there is a hope for a "pure" playthrough with romance Venereae along the journey, is enough to satisfying my will to wait for the next update!
You're welcome, glad that you found it helpful.

Also I would like to apologize for referring to ThresholdMGD while it appears there is a team working on this game. You guys doing great job! I wish you good luck and vanilla sex in the future! Amen!
Apologies, it appears I may have caused a little confusion though. This project is solely Threshold's. While they do commission art assets for the game and there are some more helpful players that make mods, help find typos, report bugs, and the like, Threshold is the one doing a great job creating and delivering this title. I'm just a Patreon supporter and player attempting to help other players with information about the game and potentially useful tips, tricks, and other pieces of advice with regards to elements within the game.

Kornuptiko

Jul 11, 2018
i have no pictures since the 19.8 update (the one where the Alraune art was added)

EDIT: i mean the character potraits and everything else works)

EDIT2: solved. somehow they where turned off in the options (dunno why tho)

Kornuptiko

Jul 11, 2018
When you redo the trial for kotone, what exactly do you have to do and are the monsters on or off while doing so?

L30

Dec 20, 2017
When you redo the trial for kotone, what exactly do you have to do and are the monsters on or off while doing so?
Having the monsters on is likely not necessary, but I can't be too certain since I did the trial during my first run of the temple. However, it does not appear that they need to be on based on a quick read of the code.

After all of that, you'll get your rewards from Kotone, a new perk and the option to take her as your lover. If you do opt to become her lover, then you'll need to work on deepening her affection for you and help her through some of her own trauma. If you successfully do all of that, then the Hypno Slave Perk will be upgraded to the Hypno Lover Perk. I have an old post here that could help a little with this part since it may not necessarily be completely clear what to do after a certain point. I didn't really go into detail for exhausting Kotone's dialogue and scenes as her lover, but the basic guidelines for that is to be supportive, understanding, and accepting in general, or in other words, be nice.

I do hope that this helps, Kornuptiko.

L30

Dec 20, 2017
What is the recommended level for doing this?
I managed to complete the challenge at level 27, but that was also before the combat revisions and stat rebalance. However, rather than just rely on raw levels, I would also recommend getting all additional sources of stat boosts as follows:

Getting all of the above will provide a notable boost to your stats overall, but the latter two will also have penalties. Whether you can accept the drawbacks of the perks and/or the characters in your harem will be up to you of course. However, the stat boosts, notably the Max Spirit, can be critical in allowing you succeed against the bosses at a lower level. As for what level you will need overall, your build will also likely play a role since different builds can fare better or worse against a particular enemy compared to another. My build is focused on Willpower, Allure, and Luck as an example, but with the introduction of the Demon Layer, it has become one of my chief forms of attack due to a natural high virility stat further boosted by the Blessed Ring and 3 Heart Runes.

If you need to level further, Nara is a convenient source of experience for power leveling as well as an easy source of funds due to her drops. However, if you become impatient and don't wish to keep working at leveling up in order to defeat the Twins, I have a post here that details the variables in the console if you don't mind cheating to win. As for other parts of the trial, you can always try shifting your equipment and runes around to succeed at other portions of Kotone's Challenge such as the Quiz, No Cum Challenge, and Aiko fight. However, equipment will only go so far against the Twins in Hard Mod, so you will need to boost your stats so that you can use your most effective moves with regards to their weaknesses.

I do hope that you find this helpful, Kornuptiko.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
I managed to complete the challenge at level 27, but that was also before the combat revisions and stat rebalance. However, rather than just rely on raw levels, I would also recommend getting all additional sources of stat boosts as follows:

Getting all of the above will provide a notable boost to your stats overall, but the latter two will also have penalties. Whether you can accept the drawbacks of the perks and/or the characters in your harem will be up to you of course. However, the stat boosts, notably the Max Spirit, can be critical in allowing you succeed against the bosses at a lower level. As for what level you will need overall, your build will also likely play a role since different builds can fare better or worse against a particular enemy compared to another. My build is focused on Willpower, Allure, and Luck as an example, but with the introduction of the Demon Layer, it has become one of my chief forms of attack due to a natural high virility stat further boosted by the Blessed Ring and 3 Heart Runes.

If you need to level further, Nara is a convenient source of experience for power leveling as well as an easy source of funds due to her drops. However, if you become impatient and don't wish to keep working at leveling up in order to defeat the Twins, I have a post here that details the variables in the console if you don't mind cheating to win. As for other parts of the trial, you can always try shifting your equipment and runes around to succeed at other portions of Kotone's Challenge such as the Quiz, No Cum Challenge, and Aiko fight. However, equipment will only go so far against the Twins in Hard Mod, so you will need to boost your stats so that you can use your most effective moves with regards to their weaknesses.

I do hope that you find this helpful, Kornuptiko.
That's a damn definitive answer, though i have one additional point to add, in combat with the twins on hard try using the lewd bottle on whichever of them you intend to leave for last, the D.O.T. stacks and is very effective as a long term "investment", one turn for 60-80 damage arousal done while working on the other sister, i would also add that one sister is primarily trance based while the other is the physical hitter, i prefer taking the physical one out first, either way focus one down and KO her ASAP, they are most dangerous as a pair, once one is down the fight is quite a lot easier, i would actually consider trading a few spirit in the early phase of the fight to knock a sister out entirely. You can also use certain binding skills in combo with the lewd bottle D.O.T. effect to keep yourself relatively safe while dealing with the last sister, also demon layer is pretty damn strong so consider using that, it's one of the tougher fights in the game right now, perhaps the hardest with the hypno perk on.

just in case @Kornuptiko was still having problems.

emsong

Jun 23, 2018
Is it possible to download older versions of the game? It looks like most of the mods I've found have only been ported up to v19.6a, but I didn't discover this game until recently, and have only been able to find links for v19.8

L30

Dec 20, 2017
I GOT KOTONES BLESSING!! WUHU!!
You're welcome, glad that the information provided was of some use.

BTW ThresholdMGD when are you going to release the next area?
The Caverns will be the next area, but they will not arrive until after the upcoming updates to the Forest Dungeon. The tentative schedule for said updates is Sofia, then Ancilla the Sheepgirl Maid, followed by Mika the Catgirl, and finally the imps and matangos. Unfortunately for fans of the character, Stella the Bag Mimic will not receive new content at this time. Of course, this order can change somewhat, but Sofia will be first and her update is slated to arrive at the end of the month, assuming nothing goes wrong and delays its release. Given this, the Caverns are likely two to four months away, depending on how long the updates take, any potential issues that arise, and the creation of enough content for an initial release of the Caverns.

I hope that you find this helpful, @Kornuptiko.

J.J-Star

Jun 6, 2018
@L30 I tried doing that console command stuff you mentioned earlier, but something seems up with the script. I tried playing the game, but all I got was this:
"File "renpy/common/00console.rpy", line 108: invalid syntax
config.console = True config-->.console_history_size = 100"

Any idea on how to fix this, and will I need to do more to make sure it works?
Edit: I saw that I was missing the arrow mentioned in the error code, it's supposed to be under the dot in the config.console_history_size stuff, but can't get the arrow to work.

L30

Dec 20, 2017
@L30 I tried doing that console command stuff you mentioned earlier, but something seems up with the script. I tried playing the game, but all I got was this:
"File "renpy/common/00console.rpy", line 108: invalid syntax
config.console = True config-->.console_history_size = 100"

Any idea on how to fix this, and will I need to do more to make sure it works?
Edit: I saw that I was missing the arrow mentioned in the error code, it's supposed to be under the dot in the config.console_history_size stuff, but can't get the arrow to work.
Here's a copy of my 00console.rpy file with the console enabled. But this is what lines 104 to 119 look like on my end:

The compiler is somewhat... sensitive, it doesn't like stuff such as unnecessary spaces and the same thing invoked twice with the same command. So keeping the indentation and the config.console and config.console_history_size = 100 on separate lines should help resolve that error. The error code listed both on line 108 in your file but my line 108 is just the config.console = True while the config.console_history_size is on line 110. The 00console.rpy I included should work as I'm able to run MGD and access the console just fine on my end with that file in its current state.

I hope that this helps and corrects any issues you are having, @J.J-Star.

J.J-Star

Jun 6, 2018
It helped me getting into the console, but now I'm stuck on how to enter these variable commands and them having an actual effect on the game. I saw your variables page, but after some fiddling, nothing's changed.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes