RyderReliX

Jan 27, 2020
what's the max lvl rignt now in game or is there even any limit for it or you pretty much are able to get every lvl up skill and nullyfy your sensitivity on all parts?

nvoim

Nov 9, 2019
[snipped due to length]
Hey I just wanted to pipe up that I'm a huge fan of what you've done so far and that I appreciate you take the time to read here.

I agree with others that development feels slow, but I don't think it's the only game like that and it really only bothers me on this one specifically because I'm so invested in it!

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
Tbh the labyrinth is very polarizing based on all the feedback I've seen, either people really like it, or hate it.
If you're alright with some criticism, I think what hurt the Labyrinth (for me personally) was that it's not as immersive to see a top-down menu like that compared to the usual dungeon perspective where you feel a bit more involved. If it had been done with the same control mechanism for regular dungeons then it would've been a lot more palatable imo. Obviously for some people that roleplay isn't as important, but I reckon that's what's behind some of the disparity. Some people, myself included, also like all the random ero events that the other dungeons have, whereas the Labyrinth is all about the beasts of that floor so there isn't as much variety in the experience.

That's just my two cents on it. Big fan of your game!

Erafel

Dec 17, 2020
Mara is really outdated right now , both her art and how her encounter works . Most other unfightable characters , like Kotone , Nova and Nimph deals % arouse , but it looks like that Mara don't , on high level you either get very drunk , or sit with her for very long time . Please update her in some way

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
I'll admit to some bias, I don't like mazes that much. Partly due to the fact that I am not a Minotaur. The first two levels were tolerable, however. It was pretty clear that when you let an enemy catch you, or you repeatedly trigger a trap that it was your fault. But purposefully hiding everything, changing layouts, spawning in different keys and traps. It's just dickishness for the sake of making it take longer. I already didn't want to be there, and now It's tempting to never make a new character so I don't have to do it ever again.

Erafel

Dec 17, 2020
I'll admit to some bias, I don't like mazes that much. Partly due to the fact that I am not a Minotaur. The first two levels were tolerable, however. It was pretty clear that when you let an enemy catch you, or you repeatedly trigger a trap that it was your fault. But purposefully hiding everything, changing layouts, spawning in different keys and traps. It's just dickishness for the sake of making it take longer. I already didn't want to be there, and now It's tempting to never make a new character so I don't have to do it ever again.
only 3rd floor changes it's layout and not very significant(just a rooms from left and right and not the middle) , you just have to memorize where was the remaining keys before blackout , and then just go to the new rooms
Layout of the 4th floor is quite simple , especially if you already finished it once and made a new character , just make two rounds with different turns and you good to go

Some of the monster girls have interaction with Headpat , that will allow you to finish/escape or just make it easier once per floor right away( Ceris gets a stun , allowing you to escape ; Beris gets -25 technigue , and +50% if you headpat her another time ; You'll steal a hat from first headpat on Ushris and second will force her to teleport her to a different place (does not count as win , no loot or EXP) and it doesn't have effect on Iabel , but her floor is easist in my opinion)

Mercer21

Oct 24, 2018
v24.2a is now out for bug fixing.

I'll have to check into that.

2 months.
Which is still not ideal, as I'm pretty sure I could have done this in 1 with some extra stuff thrown in if things went the way I wanted them to. But that didn't exactly happen.
Though trying to get everything edited ahead of time went very smoothly which will be good moving forward if that can keep up.

"its literally just some dialogue boxes) and a single scene which may or may not have new art."
is also not exactly representative of the content in the update, but you do you I guess.

A fair number of art done for the game atm isn't in game or teased in any way at this time as a lot of it is for in preparation for working on the capital.
Though the goal does probably need to get updated as it's not exactly reflective of how the logistics of getting art can work out.
Which is to say artist availability is a thing I need to work around that past me wasn't as versed in when making that goal.

Wut?

Tbh the labyrinth is very polarizing based on all the feedback I've seen, either people really like it, or hate it.
I do think the 3rd and 4th floors could use further tuning up, and the system itself could be hopefully worked on to smooth out some of the weird jankyness with movement. But the post update tuning definitely helped it out a lot.

Whut???

Well, either you're full of shit, or you're Gator I guess?

If you are Gator, the two characters you gave me money to get the characters art sooner, which I was very hesitant to accept in the first place, do have art.
The second one just took a lot longer to get art as the new artist I went to didn't end up working out. Which took months to go through the process of before I went to the current artist.
Instead of messaging me about why it was taking so long for the second one, they just got angry about it.
But tbh I have no clue if you are Gator given the name difference. xD

Also I feel like people are making weird assumptions that if the money isn't spent that month it just vanishes into a magic hole never to be seen again?
If I have dev funds I haven't used yet I hold onto the for later. I'm not a moron with my money.
Though I'm sure the kneejerk reaction will be to call me a liar or something. xD
I've been working to try and get a good logistical pipeline set up for writing commissions and other stuff so that can get moving good, as it stands its more of an on and off thing.
But I think the editor experiment went really well and I can ideally move forward with keeping that going. So less horrible grammar and typo issues from me making it into launch.
The game isnt installing on my android tablet, could you help me please?

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
I dont have a pc, im stuck on a kindle fire 8plus
Download this version

Unzip it somewhere (download unzipping app from playmarket) and point joiplay to unziped folder location. It will do a magic trick and launch it on android.

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
If you're alright with some criticism, I think what hurt the Labyrinth (for me personally) was that it's not as immersive to see a top-down menu like that compared to the usual dungeon perspective where you feel a bit more involved. If it had been done with the same control mechanism for regular dungeons then it would've been a lot more palatable imo. Obviously for some people that roleplay isn't as important, but I reckon that's what's behind some of the disparity. Some people, myself included, also like all the random ero events that the other dungeons have, whereas the Labyrinth is all about the beasts of that floor so there isn't as much variety in the experience.

That's just my two cents on it. Big fan of your game!
I'm very gud with criticism. So ye that's fair in that regard. :unsure:
Though trying to make it in the same way that I made like, Venefica's home explore would have been unpleasant for everyone involved.
One of the reasons it done in the fashion it was to try and better evoke the feeling of being chased/hunted. Which i think worked for some people and not for others. While also trying to focus more on singular stronger enemies kinda like Vili's mini dungeon.

I do wanna add a standard explore option to the labyrinth tho. But it'd also be a bit different than normal too, just not in the labyrinth different, more in the very long explore trek way.
Not sure when I'll actually do that tho.

Ye that's also fair.
Though it was more for the sake of making the floors different than to try and stretch the time.
The extra key on 3 I will accept very much as kind of a dick move.
But I think floor 3 post changes is a lot better, 4 could probably use more or an entire rehaul maybe.

Tbh a thing I contemplated even before working on the labyrinth was an option to just skip it via buying a very expensive passport as an alternative option cause I felt like it'd fit lorewise, but I kinda feel like people would take it the wrong way if I had put it in from the start. Or even mentioning it now lol
Though at the same time it does sound like it might be appreciated in some regards.

Mara is really outdated right now , both her art and how her encounter works . Most other unfightable characters , like Kotone , Nova and Nimph deals % arouse , but it looks like that Mara don't , on high level you either get very drunk , or sit with her for very long time . Please update her in some way
Oh yeah I guess that could be a problem for how the damage scales up, was meant for more natural interactions as i felt % would be kinda weird.
Will need to think on that.
You can as a temp measure to do her content respec and go in tho.

I had such high hopes for you but you have disappointed me greatly. I would not have mentioned that otherwise.
Okay mysterious person getting angry at me for things they have yet to fully elaborate on.

I'm already disappointed in myself a fairly sufficient amount for my slow progress so unno why I should particularly care about you specifically being disappointed in me? Game dev has many twists and turns and I just need to keep rolling with them as best I can.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes