BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
Saves from 25.2 that used mods may be totally screwed for future updates due to a mishap with the mod loader that was added
Totally screwed as in totally unfixably screwed?
Anyway, since I somehow managed to update my save to 25.3a and go out exploring I guess it's fine but I can't see the 25.3 content. There's no trap event in the WillPower Temple.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and no additional Capitol content (it gives the old "under construction" message) so maybe the save didn't update correctly.

Last edited:

Drizzt78

Dec 5, 2019
How do I get to the capital? Just downloaded the latest version - I've previously went through the caverns and labyrinth both, but can't seem to find a way to get to the capital from either.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
How do I get to the capital? Just downloaded the latest version - I've previously went through the caverns and labyrinth both, but can't seem to find a way to get to the capital from either.
Enter the labyrinth and leave it again to unlock the capital.

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
Just gonna ask if the Mod Loader is in the Android build and if we can put downloaded mods somewhere with it?

Drizzt78

Dec 5, 2019
Ah. Specifically, use the "leave the labyrinth" option (which is deeply stupidly named) below "Traverse the Labyrinth". Just entering the labyrinth and leaving it does nothing.

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Just gonna ask if the Mod Loader is in the Android build and if we can put downloaded mods somewhere with it?
Yeah, Threshold fixed it in this update. And I think he made it even simpler, because now you don't need to create a second Mods/ folder for the images and music. I'll update my post with information relevant to v25.1a and earlier, and create a new one with the updated instructions for v25.3a onwards (and possibly add such instructions to the wiki, for ease of access).

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Monster Girl Dreams - Android version
Mod installing instructions (WORKS FOR VERSIONS v25.3a AND HIGHER):

1 - After downloading the mod, go to your app storage (mine is internal storage, but you could use an external SD card to install apps)
2 - Now go to Android/data/monstergirldreams.program/files/
3 - In there, create a folder named "game". Inside "game", create a "Mods" folder. The folder game/Mods/ will act as the Mods/ folder in the PC version.
4 - Grab the mod's folder, and put it in game/Mods/.
5 - Make sure that you load a save in town, in case you could run into any errors. Also, when you load a game after adding/removing a mod, the first action you do on the game screen (like, for example, go adventuring or enter the church) will take a long time to perform, I guess it's because the game needs to load/unload a mod's content as soon as it detects a change in the mods list, which (I think) is checked at every valid click you do. So don't worry about your game "freezing", it should unfreeze in less than half a minute.

Vanilla images replacing instructions:
1 - Grab the set of images you want to replace vanilla ones with. As an example I'll be using the Elf images, which set I used to discover this method. Keep in mind that:
. You have to use the same names in order for the vanilla images to be properly replaced
. If you don't replace an image from the set, don't worry, the game won't crash, it'll use the vanilla version instead when that image has to be shown (though is weird to see an Elf's outfit change into a bikini and vice versa between her attacks)
2 - In Android/data/monstergirldreams.program/files/game/, create an images/ folder. Depending on the image (or images) you want to replace, create the corresponding nested folders. In my case, starting from game/, it's images/Monsters/Elf/. You may need to either extract the .apk to an auxiliary folder or download the PC version in order to see which are the corresponding nested folders for your set of new images.
3 - Copy to the last folder you created under images/ (Elf/ in my case) your new set of images.
4 - You're now good to go, the good thing about replacing vanilla images is that the game won't temporarily freeze like it happens after normal modding, so you can test your new images right away. Enjoy!

Hyrcanian

Jan 2, 2018
Love the new content Thresh. Always nice to see more Label. Speaking of which, when can I finally date the snake?

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
HELLO
ARE THERE ANY ANIMATIONS IN THE GAME (not only pictures)?
the game is really nice THX
It's a visual novel, there isn't much space for animations (I think Ren'Py has engine limitations on that aspect too), but only one I can remember is when you fuck Tabitha when she trips over.

Reactions: artghrl

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Same. Avoiding the trap works, "just stand there" glitches.
Strange, I just tried every outcome excepting "take another route for 50 energy", and it didn't glitch. "Just stand there" takes me right to the fight, at least on Android version. Are you using PC?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Jan 11, 2022
It's really not, it's a text-based game for the most part but no way a vn.
Regardless of how you classify it, it's made on Ren'Py, which is made for visual novels, so it's got quite a few limitations when it comes to things like animations.

With that said, there are a few in the game but they are mostly limited to images bouncing up to down, moving side to side, shaking, and some fade ins and fade outs. I don't expect that the animations will ever get more complex than this unless the game dev ever feels like really pushing it, and then the most you'll get is stuff on the level of... I guess Doki Doki Literature Club?

Mr. Enzymes

Sep 28, 2019
Can someone provide more detailed instructions on how to install mods on Android V2531 ? I followed the instructions and altered the folders several times, but the game just crashes before I can get to the menu screen each time. Am I missing a step, is there a bug I'm not aware of, is a mod the cause? Any help would be appreciated.

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Can someone provide more detailed instructions on how to install mods on Android V2531 ? I followed the instructions and altered the folders several times, but the game just crashes before I can get to the menu screen each time. Am I missing a step, is there a bug I'm not aware of, is a mod the cause? Any help would be appreciated.
Let's suppose we want to install Pale Priestess mod.
When you decompress the mod, you're met with a folder (with version number in it, but it's this mod in particular) containing a "Pale Priestess/" folder, which in turn contains many folders ("Events/", "Images/", "Locations/", etc). This "Pale Priestess/" folder is called "the mod folder". Copy the mod folder.
Navigate to "Android/data/monstergirldreams.program/files/game/Mods/", creating the folders that may not exist (namely, "game/" and "Mods/" if this is your first time installing mods). Paste the mod folder.

Having said all this, tell me what you did (or what are you doing if you followed the steps above and the problem persists), including mod's name and traceback.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes