Jan 11, 2022
is there any mandetory mods i should use?
or any suggestion which mods are good to instal in first playthrough?
Nothing really mandatory right now, most mods are nice additions and all, but to better appreciate them I think you should know the base game a bit, IMO.

With that said, if it works with the current version, Monster arousal display is very nice to have.

I should mention, first off, that the game has literally just updated yesterday and a lot of mods may or may not have stopped working right now, because that's just the nature of modding a game in development. The modders tend to be active and fixing their own mods, but that's not guaranteed nor true for them all.

I went over the list of mods in the wiki right over here: https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-girl-dreams-v25-4-alpha-threshold.6491/post-11298475

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Is this game worth trying?
Definitely.

Is there any mandatory mod I should use?
Or any suggestion as to which mods are good to install in the first playthrough?
Check the mods page, and download every one that pick your interest. None of the mods I downloaded disappointed me, but almost all of them are strictly fetish-related, so I can't give you an objective review. You have to check them out on your own.

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
How do you trigger the new Beris event? I had her restrained for a few turns but I had nothing pop up. Is the trigger random?

hexkitty01

Jan 19, 2021
OK, so, since we've changed from simply downloading and copying mods to this new download and install system within the game itself, does this mean that each time I update to a newer version, I have to go through the whole rigamarole of downloading and installing mods through the game, or will they carry over once installed? If the former, then can we please just bring back the old tried-and-true download and copy system please?

MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
OK, so, since we've changed from simply downloading and copying mods to this new download and install system within the game itself, does this mean that each time I update to a newer version, I have to go through the whole rigamarole of downloading and installing mods through the game, or will they carry over once installed? If the former, then can we please just bring back the old tried-and-true download and copy system please?
Copying and pasting the mod folders from the old version's Mods folder into the new update's Mods folder still works fine. The mod loader is there for people less comfortable with folder or file manipulation. As an example, if you use the loader to deactivate a mod, all it does is add an underscore the front of the filename so the mod contents will be ignored. You can do that yourself in three seconds if you like, but people prefer interfaces when available.

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
v25.4a is now out for bug fixing and some smol QoLs.

How do you trigger the new Beris event? I had her restrained for a few turns but I had nothing pop up. Is the trigger random?
You should just need to have her restrained and be out of stance, but it is a random chance yes.

I marked down all the bugs and typos for looking into for the next update.

You can still indeed copy over your old mods folder to the new update without needing to do them individually. Though depending on what occurred in the update some may break and need to wait on new versions.

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020

You should just need to have her restrained and be out of stance, but it is a random chance yes.

You can still indeed copy over your old mods folder to the new update without needing to do them individually. Though depending on what occurred in the update some may break and need to wait on new versions.
Something I just noticed on v25.3a (didn't check out later versions yet) is that the church description features a red central carpet, but the background shows a white one. Not an important error at all, but if it's still like that on v25.4a I thought it may be good to point out.

Reactions: ThresholdMGD

hexkitty01

Jan 19, 2021

I tried copying my mod folder over first and they all just gave me a raft of error messages. I mean, the game rocks, so losing mods is hardly a tragedy, and I get that you're not to blame for after-market mods, I was just pointing out an area of friction here.

hexkitty01

Jan 19, 2021
Copying and pasting the mod folders from the old version's Mods folder into the new update's Mods folder still works fine. The mod loader is there for people less comfortable with folder or file manipulation. As an example, if you use the loader to deactivate a mod, all it does is add an underscore the front of the filename so the mod contents will be ignored. You can do that yourself in three seconds if you like, but people prefer interfaces when available.
Yeah, no. Most of my mods (I have about a dozen) failed when I did that into 25.4. But the in-game mod integration works pretty good, once you get used to it. And before you ask, most of my old mods are ones that the in-game function downloads/installs flawlessly from the wiki. Maybe it's just the specific tranche of mods I've got. Either way, it's like I replied to Thresh, not a big deal, just something to note.

hexkitty01

Jan 19, 2021
OK, so, the new sex art for Beris / mountain minotaur gal... are we eventually going to get this treatment for all the girls? Please? Because I'd kill for scenework of Kaia, Trisha, Jora, Mizuko (ESPECIALLY Mizuko), Shizu, and/or Camilla like this. That would be so cool. Soooo cool.

TheNPC

Jun 20, 2023
Are there any permanently missable things in this game?

I'm currently on willpower temple and have to fight shizu. I didn't do the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Are there any permanently missable things in this game?
So far as I'm aware, no. Well, besides the Perpetua loss scenes at the beginning I guess. There's no way that ANYONE could EVER defeat Perpetua though so you shouldn't have to worry about that (and no I am not biased shut up).

Reactions: TheNPC
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes