Walker_io

Jun 2, 2020
Would be nice if u could also include some of the main girls to be impregnatable like Trisha, Ancilla and also elena

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
I suggest to finally add a pregnancy mechanic so as to flesh out the game more as consequential. Should trigger for when you lose spirit in sex stance and fertility is really high, or on a few certain defeat endings.

Pregnancy for these monsters; Alraune, Lizard girl, Minotaur, Kunoichi trainee and Orc or Cyclops/Ogre giants (you should add some in the cave levels or the plains)
Specific pregnancies could be for Shizu (in defeat or battle), Mika (in battle), Nara (in battle), and Oni sisters (in battle or defeat)

During and after pregnancy you would develop a fear/submission/attachment/fetish? and therefore would get penalty debuff in battle against the specific type of monster or their offspring.

I know you plan on adding for elves specifically and that is fine however they're encountered very shortly (only in the low lvl forest) so you could add some more differently dressed in other areas like caves? Or dark elves in the new area behind caves.
You've got to remember how much work that would be, i'm all for pregnancy based ends but this isn't purely a breeding focused game and not all of the girls would want to get pregnant by the MC, the elves do of course and i imagine the minotaurs would be pretty open to it but i doubt many of the named girls would do anything but freak out if the MC got them pregnant from casual sex, Mika for sure wouldn't be up for that.

What i'm saying is that Threshold is going for a character oriented game here and i doubt he'd put that in in the manner described, however the whole "you've got this girl pregnant before, memories of the last time debilitate you" mechanic is a nice idea, perhaps that should be saved for a specific group of girls or a boss?

Reactions: Taisha and L30

Blahblah3000

Oct 9, 2019
You've got to remember how much work that would be, i'm all for pregnancy based ends but this isn't purely a breeding focused game and not all of the girls would want to get pregnant by the MC, the elves do of course and i imagine the minotaurs would be pretty open to it but i doubt many of the named girls would do anything but freak out if the MC got them pregnant from casual sex, Mika for sure wouldn't be up for that.

What i'm saying is that Threshold is going for a character oriented game here and i doubt he'd put that in in the manner described, however the whole "you've got this girl pregnant before, memories of the last time debilitate you" mechanic is a nice idea, perhaps that should be saved for a specific group of girls or a boss?
Right, well I'm just trying to go with the flow since the game emphasizes the breeding part a tad bit much than any other game I've seen from giving the intro for the lore to description of stats like virility to items like contraceptive rune that give humorous descriptions like "may reduce monster girl interest in your seed". Sure some monsters in the game like Venefica (bunnygirl), the succubi and Nara (human dancer) may have no interest in being bred, but that sure doesn't mean it still can't happen as a surprise event (due to battle), especially if those monsters avoid sex stances too. As for the other monsters, they should definitely have it, especially those that have an intense interest and constantly ambush you like Shizu and lizard girl does.

As for how much work it would entail, it might just as much as any the other already implemented mechanisms, it's not like the game has different full art stages for battle stances, all it would need is a few text based events, and an edited art depicting the bloated monster and then with the small offspring (bonus if shown grown up). There are other H-games that have fully animated, full art for 2-3 battle poses for multiple enemies, world exploration and complex story like succubus covenant, so trying to shoot down a good idea with saying its too much is just selling this game and its potential short.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Volta

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Right, well I'm just trying to go with the flow since the game emphasizes the breeding part a tad bit much than any other game I've seen from giving the intro for the lore to description of stats like virility to items like contraceptive rune that give humorous descriptions like "may reduce monster girl interest in your seed". Sure some monsters in the game like Venefica (bunnygirl), the succubi and Nara (human dancer) may have no interest in being bred, but that sure doesn't mean it still can't happen as a surprise event (due to battle), especially if those monsters avoid sex stances too. As for the other monsters, they should definitely have it, especially those that have an intense interest and constantly ambush you like Shizu and lizard girl does.

As for how much work it would entail, it might just as much as any the other already implemented mechanisms, it's not like the game has different full art stages for battle stances, all it would need is a few text based events, and an edited art depicting the bloated monster and then with the small offspring (bonus if shown grown up). There are other H-games that have fully animated, full art for 2-3 battle poses for multiple enemies, world exploration and complex story like succubus covenant, so trying to shoot down a good idea with saying its too much is just selling this game and its potential short.
As for saying "too much work" is a bad excuse you need to remember that Threshold is a one man dev team, art is bought on commission for the project which ain't cheap and it's generally accepted that the version number is a rough estimate of the completion percentage, it may be unrealistic to expect all that on top of what is already planned.

Not that i wouldn't love to see that, but there is only so much one guy on his own can do in a given time frame, it's not like Thresh can't do it, it's just can he do it and everything else too?

Reactions: Taisha and L30

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Really enjoying the game so far, not just as a source of "relief", but as a stand alone rpg. When it comes to dialogue and dialogue options the game can be quite funny. My only issue in the game so far would be the lack of artwork for some characters but it isn't anything to get worked up about. I was wondering if you would have any clue as to when the story will be updated as I have finished the caverns and it seems the labyrinths are coming at some point. Also I hope it makes you feel better that I have yet to run into any bugs. Keep up the great work I look forward to more news!
Artwork is slowly but surely coming together, Kotone and Feng already have their art assets ready and waiting implementation for example. Kotone's art will require an entire update in and of itself to implement however due to the complexities of her art given the various poses, tail variants and the fact she has dozens of expressions, not to mention the sheer scope of her content would require a large amount of tedious work positioning the art, choosing the perfect expression, the appropriate tail variant, and so on across her numerous scenes, interactions, and dialogue elements. It will take time, but eventually everyone will have art, then there is background art and even actual CGs to look forward to after that is out of the way.

As for the next main story update, that is currently unknown. The next major update that is currently be worked on is the v23 balance update. After that is complete, I suspect there will be a number of smaller updates to cover Elena, Elly, and Belle content expansions that were initially planned to happen before v23, and Feng art implementation will probably happen as well, whether as a part of one of those updates or as a separate mini-update or bug fix. Other potential mini-updates could include implementing Kotone's art and new content like the jumbo tail scene, finishing Venefica's content by creating and implementing her actual relationship content, or possibly even the "Dragon Queen" side quest that will see an ancient dragon awakening from her slumber. Of course, there could be other as of yet unrevealed plans as well or even the Elven Village or Harpy Village side quests.

After the various v23.X mini-updates are finished, it is quite possible that the Labyrinth could come as v24, but that is not definitive yet and something else could take that position.

I do hope that you find this informative, freerealestate.

While impregnation and such will eventually show up, unplanned pregnancies for most named/notable NPCs are likely not going to happen just as a result of some random scene. Most of the MGs have some form of built in birth control such as the ability to regulate their cycle or the fact that some can literally eat and live on semen by absorbing it regardless of which orifice was used to introduce it into their body or if it was spilled onto them or even near them on the floor. Beyond that, there are also other clear measures that already exist within the setting to help further prevent any potentially unplanned or unwanted pregnancy such as the contraceptive runes and whatever potential medications that may exist in the Capital considering it is a mostly restored relic city with modern technology equivalent items and substances.

That is not to say that named NPCs will not have impregnation or pregnancy content, but rather that it will be as a result of deliberate action rather than an accidental or incidental occurrence given the realities of combat on the continent of Lucidia. This isn't an attempt to shoot down the idea or crush it, just pointing out that something as major as a pregnancy is likely reserved for end-state relationships with regards to most named NPCs. Breedhungry characters like Elves and Voltlins may not necessarily have as high of a standard, but given most MGs eventually want some type of deeper, loving relationship such as being wife or a member of a harem, it is unlikely they would want to become pregnant before their desired relationship state is achieved and confirmed.

I'll admit I'll fully indulge and enjoy such content once it arrives, but the theme and direction of the game as well as the lore and setting in general are not geared for just impregnating all of the girls all of the time or unplanned pregnancies in general. Many of these points are also relevant to the generic mobs, even if they just represent random members of a particular monster girl species, they're not necessarily out to become pregnant from what could be equated to a one-night stand with a random adventurer or to become pregnant while performing the duties of their job.

While this could be disappointing, and I could be incorrect given Threshold is the final arbiter with regards to content, I do hope that you find this enlightening, Blahblah3000.

Last edited:

Dr. PuPu

Nov 30, 2019
"Your son calls me mommy too."
AAAAHHH MI PIXHULAAAA!!!!

Updated the main signs post with the above signature.
Your signatures are incredible! Is it alright if I make a small request? Do you mind giving Jora a mountain or cave background? I think that would better suit her as she lives in the mountains.

Teleiah

Nov 15, 2018
Your signatures are incredible! Is it alright if I make a small request? Do you mind giving Jora a mountain or cave background? I think that would better suit her as she lives in the mountains.
Hello.
Thanks a lot for the compliment.
Jora's signature is part of the original signatures batch I did months ago and its actually the very first sign I did for MGI, sadly I dont have that sign's .psd file anymore. Also, when I was making her sign, I tried to give her a cave background but didnt like the results. In the end I just used the forest day/night versions and called it a day.
Ill consider remaking her sign, just dont hold onto my words. Ima lazy ass.

TLDR: Thankies. Let me think about it but dont keep your hopes up.

Reactions: dd777 and L30

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Here is the next round of update news. Development is continuing at a steady pace and there have been several changes over the past few days. One change both helpful to Threshold and to modders is the optional ability to use the skill fields restraintStruggle, restraintStruggleCharmed, restraintEscaped, and restraintEscapedFail as arrays to allow for alternate struggle lines for a restraining move without having to use the monster file functions instead nor does it require updating any existing skills into arrays either.

Another recent addition are the optional skill fields of "requiresStatusEffectSelf", "requiresStatusPotencySelf", and "unusableIfStatusEffectSelf", which check to see if the skill user has the listed status effect, then allows or dissallows the skill to be used. This can allow new skills such as those that can only function when the player is Charmed as an example. Alternatively, this could also work for skills that have to charge up over multiple turns, adding a unique status effect and tracking it for the charge until it is complete and fires or the player is interrupted. Other changes have made defense more viable.

Sleep and Restraint now scale with stats the same way other buffs and debuffs do whereas before Restraint only used 25% of the related stat, it is also possible to set the scaling so it doesn't have to necessarily use full-power scaling. Sleep has also been changed to use a system similar to restraint, rather than lasting for a random duration it has a set duration based on potency due to stats and such and it is possible to "struggle" and thrash around in your sleep to potentially wake up more quickly. Additionally, an orgasm is guaranteed to end the sleep status effect and wake the target up.

There is now a new known fetish, Legs are now an official fetish and no longer caught up in the struggle between Feet and Ass Fetishes. So if you enjoy legs that go on for miles, thick thighs, intercrural sex/thighjobs, having your face sandwiched between two thighs, and various other related elements, you're now covered. Certain characters with shapely legs that make use of them will be able to inflict levels of the fetish on certain loss scenes or possibly combat events with Feng, Mika, Ancilla, and Sofia noted as being a few girls to make use of the fetish in combat. Other potential sources will include Venefica's leg hump scene, Jennifer's thighjob scene, certain Brothel scenes can inflict the fetish, and Kotone's Hypno Perk series will include a level in Legs Fetish along with all of the other existing fetish gains as well. Hypno and Aphrodisiac will remain as hidden addiction type fetishes.

Related to this is the possibility of a tuned-up higher difficult fight against Ancilla where she does actually use her thighs for a temptation check rather than just a generic temptation check, but this is not guaranteed yet. Nara's combat is noted to be in need of an update, but this will not necessarily be in this update and could instead come with work focused on updating Nara in general.

Stat checks have been updated to use the new altered stat check system. It is possible that a few checks were missed, so be on the lookout for those so they can be reported as bugs and subsequently fixed. As a part of this, a few enemies have also had their skill checks updated to become more difficult depending on fetishes and their levels. One notable end result for this is that Sofia's fights should be a little easier now. There was also a small QoL change to make something less clunky, but no more details than that. Additionally, all bugs reported so far have been fixed.

Location menus where NPC's are displayed now use arrows if there are more than 5 options available, instead of using the old menu options if there was more than 4. This mostly only applies to mods given there are not many situations where this many characters will be available in the base game at the moment. It is now also possible to provide skills innate modifiers, the first being a built in critical hit chance via the new the optional skill field critChance, which can increase or decrease that specific skills chance to land a critical hit. There is also now an optional skill field critDamage, which can increase or decrease that specific skills critical hit damage modifiers, it is additive with other sources of critical hit damage. Another new optional skill field is accuracy which can increase or decrease that specific skills chance to hit. This does not affect status chance as that's handled by a different element. There is likely going to be a skill field for initiative as well, but it will require a little extra work given the way the AI currently functions as monsters currently can't benefit from initiative modifiers because they pick their skills on their turn to help lessen the chances of the AI picking skills that would be horrible to use at a particular moment.

Next, Desperate Struggle has been renamed to Struggle!!! in order to prevent it clipping into the escape skill menu, the description for the Paralysis status effect no longer clips off of the screen, and a save name now applies to a file even if the intro is skipped. Dream scenes have been tweaked so its now clear that they will leave you hanging and not clear the Pent Up series of status effects, so no wet dreams.

This covers all of the changes since my last update news report, I do hope that everyone interested in this information finds this at least a little useful.

Now as for modding news, there are two brand new mods for MGD. Firstly, we have the Oneiros mod by Oluap. It features six new dreams and the mod includes a .txt file that discusses how to unlock the scenes. However, to help you decide whether or not this mod will appeal to you, I'll list the dreams in a spoiler here:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This does not change how the Dream function works however, so it is still up to RNG as to whether or not you'll receive one of these new dreams. They worked hard and did a fine job with this mod, so if you enjoy modding MGD and/or want more potential dreams, then you may find this mod to your liking.

The next new mod is FFAHFYT by Forgotten, the creator of the Eva Succubus mod. This mod is fairly straight forward as it allows the user to view scenes from monsters in the Forest and Mountain at the Brothel. Forgotten has also updated Eva Succubus, adding a new to this mod as well.

Like all other mods, Oneiros, FFAHFYT, and Eva Succubus can all be found on this of the MGD wiki. I do hope that everyone interested in modding finds this information helpful.

Dr. PuPu

Nov 30, 2019
Hello.
Thanks a lot for the compliment.
Jora's signature is part of the original signatures batch I did months ago and its actually the very first sign I did for MGI, sadly I dont have that sign's .psd file anymore. Also, when I was making her sign, I tried to give her a cave background but didnt like the results. In the end I just used the forest day/night versions and called it a day.
Ill consider remaking her sign, just dont hold onto my words. Ima lazy ass.

TLDR: Thankies. Let me think about it but dont keep your hopes up.
Hey, it's fine. It's just a hobby after all. Thanks for the sigs! :)

BDSMeme

Sep 8, 2018
Can't get the mods you download from github to work, other mods work and the wiki says there up to date. Whats my big dumb.

A Real Cat

Jul 1, 2017
Can't get the mods you download from github to work, other mods work and the wiki says there up to date. Whats my big dumb.
Your mods folder should look like mine on the attached picture. After unpacking the mod into the folder, you have to run the ModLoader.exe in the main folder, after that the mod should work.

Reactions: L30

BDSMeme

Sep 8, 2018
Mine looks like this but shouldnt it work? It does work with everything but the ones from github like beach party and gren.
If not how do i get it to look like that, so far i've just been using extract here on the downloaded zip file.

A Real Cat

Jul 1, 2017
Mine looks like this but shouldnt it work? It does work with everything but the ones from github like beach party and gren.
If not how do i get it to look like that, so far i've just been using extract here on the downloaded zip file.
It should look like in the attached picture, i think you just have to extract the Beach folder from your BeachParty-3.1.

Reactions: L30

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
In the years that i've been playing adult games I have never really seeked out wholesome games or games with a lot of romance, instead playing games like ToT( which this game reminds me a bit of) CoC, and PE.
But recently my interest in more wholesome games has increased, so i figured i should try out this game.
Almost all of the characters are pretty likable, with a surprising amount of continuity.( like making a choice actually effects other things you do and stuff
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
there's a large amount of content, and unlike a lot of games, whenever my character has a choice to say something, what i want to say is usually there.
The humor is pretty good, it has kind of a Harem/ecchi anime style, and usually too much of that gets annoying, but this is a good amount.

The art is so good that (In my opinion) only having one art per character with changable clothing and facial expressions is better than having like 5/6 art per character, and the white eyed surprise expressions are adorable.(Camilla's expression when you struggle for the first time is probably my favourite expression on anyone i've ever seen!!!)
The parts that are supposed to be sad do a good job at it, and everyone is really adorable.
The story is good enough, the main plot is really only there to introduce you to all of the characters and side quests anyway.
I probably have a few complaints as well but they're far outnumbered by praises and are few and far between.
All in all this is a pretty great game, and i'm excited for more updates, keep up the awesome work Threshold!

Ffint

Feb 14, 2020
I don't know if its me or there might be a issues with a couple of mods. I been trying out some mods i used waifupocalypse and beach party at first worked fine. Waifu is kind of unstable at times but works. Then i decided with my galaxy brain to add another forest event one "Cause surely not gonna conflict with one that already adds more forest events" Seems like waifupocalypse and evasuccubus doesn't really work if it does Eva doesn't show up at all. Might missing something but it could be a conflict issue doesn't hard crash so that's good.

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
Suggestion: button in the settings that resets your interactions with a specific character, like if you wanted to make the game think you'd never met Jora or Camilla so you can redo her stuff without having to load a save from a long time ago.(that might be insanely hard to program though)
(Also for some reason my last post on here is now by far the most liked post i've ever had and i'm not really sure why)

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
I feel a little ambivalent about such a setting. I could see myself using it, simply due to it allowing us to replay character-specific content without having to keep a dozen saves at the ready when the mood strikes. However, I feel like it would also somewhat cheapen the experience of the game as a whole, in a way. Like, if you somehow mess up and get locked out of... let's say Mika's relationship content, you could just hit a button and everything's peachy again.

I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking it. It's one of those things I like but dread at the same time, like fast food.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes