Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Bear in mind though, "technologically advanced" might not necessarily mean it's comparable to what we're used to. For all we know, having one of those ancient polaroid cameras from ye olden days of yore might be the peak of technology for them at the capital. Since magic is common, I imagine some sort of golem/magically animated construct would be more lore-friendly than a mechanical cyborg/machine.
I agree, however i believe the term used was "technology more like our own", now that is at best third hand from Thresh to L30 to me so you may well be right, i suspect personally "magitech" is what we'll see, possibly steampunk, tough to say but a magical construct rather than a technological one does seem more likely.

Reactions: L30 and Teleiah

Teleiah

Nov 15, 2018
I like the idea of the spaceship crash, as a foreigner she would have problems understanding how things work regarding custom, manners, etc. It would be amazing if the MC could influence her in different ways in order to further develop/change her personality.

Reactions: decker2

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
im also thinking of the ship. being some kind of explorer or scientist
full of different captured aliens and security/assist android
and the comander is some busty nerd (who's hyped about being on a planet full of different specimens)
while the captain is just happy they didn't crash in the mountain.
the player can eider help them repair the ship or get them to stay for studying and love making:p

i would also like a side quest where they try to capture a angel or the demon queen or the goddess (for study):sneaky:
(possible as a end game content after the player levels up to a literary sex god)
(also there are many kinki experiments):love:
so many possibilitieso_O

i think the large empty grass areas are perfect for crash landing;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

also
v22.5b is now out to fix that bug.
how much would i have to pay you to implement the spaceship also nude pics of Vili?
and when do we get to the next map(labyrinth)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Teleiah

Lazyrick

Jan 10, 2018
im also thinking of the ship. being some kind of explorer or scientist
full of different captured aliens and security/assist android
and the comander is some busty nerd (who's hyped about being on a planet full of different specimens)
while the captain is just happy they didn't crash in the mountain.
the player can eider help them repair the ship or get them to stay for studying and love making:p
I would play this as a mod, but I really feel it wouldn't make it into the main game. Mixing scifi and fantasy is something I haven't really seen done well anywhere. trying to always seems to be a drawback. either the advantages and limitations of both systems are mostly ignored/quickly, vaguely, summarized, or they detail it too much, and the actually story gets lost.

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
> Kind of want to beat Cavern, but kind of want to wait until labrynth update, due to the difficulty of doing it with
>know that third and newest perpetua encounter is at end of caverns
>grind to beat 2nd dungeon boss on hard, grind for exp, and get to end of cavern

I guess perpetua actually is successfully a rival who pushed me to try harder and meet their expectations, even though she really wasn't trying very hard : p

Also how long is it usually for each new character art (like for the characters who don't have them yet?)
I feel like the character having a dynamic picture really ties everything together

darkycore4

Apr 20, 2020
I would play this as a mod, but I really feel it wouldn't make it into the main game. Mixing scifi and fantasy is something I haven't really seen done well anywhere. trying to always seems to be a drawback. either the advantages and limitations of both systems are mostly ignored/quickly, vaguely, summarized, or they detail it too much, and the actually story gets lost.
well you could go ff demon queen has a mad scientist or Mad doctor monster girl really into golems type character that would actually work

Lazyrick

Jan 10, 2018
well you could go ff demon queen has a mad scientist or Mad doctor monster girl really into golems type character that would actually work
That stuff I can roll with. a mad scientist is understandable within the scale of this world. it's throwing in aliens and interstellar-capable technology that I feel clashes with the rest of the world building.

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
That stuff I can roll with. a mad scientist is understandable within the scale of this world. it's throwing in aliens and interstellar-capable technology that I feel clashes with the rest of the world building.
I don't know if you're into video games, but what you've just said perfectly sums up fallout 3 ruining fallout 1 & 2's lore

Lazyrick

Jan 10, 2018
I don't know if you're into video games, but what you've just said perfectly sums up fallout 3 ruining fallout 1 & 2's lore
I only hopped on the fallout train with New Vegas but honestly, not surprised. Fallout's not a game I really play for the story, more so I can shoot mutants, marauders, and monsters.

Back on track now. What I want to know is about the Demon Queen and her subordinates. We already ran into the dark knight, but is she the only one? or is it gonna be the "4 heavenly kings" trope? How did the DQ get the throne? I doubt she worked for it, she seems content to just stay in her room, playing games and eating pizza.

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
Man, i really screwed myself over by ridding myself of kotone's hypnosis right after beating her challenge.
Her story is probably one of the top 10 character stories in any game i've ever played.

Also yeah i kind of envision the DQ as an immature teenager type character, and the Black Knight as a kind of more motherly version of Ancilla.

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Hey everyone, apologies for the lack of information and responses. Work has been incredibly busy lately due to current events.

ONE OF THE FEW GAMES THAT PRRK MY INSTEREST I LIKE THE WORLD BUILD CONCERPT MORE THEN THE ACTUALLY CONTENT HOWEVER I WISH YOU OPEN UP THE CAPITAL REALL WANT SEE WHATS NEXT:love::love::love: ALSO TO the DEVELOPERS might want to rebalance the sexexp a little kinda level 80 already on the hard mode (no mods)
As a part of the upcoming balance update, a number of enemies are actually having their experience drops increase. I detailed some of those changes in this post. Eventually, there will be a level cap and further progression will come in the form of a Rebirth system where you'll reset your level to gain benefits and then level up again, which can be thought of as being somewhat similar to Disgaea's Reincarnation mechanic. So being able to level up quickly will actually be great to reduce overall grind if these plans do not change given we'll need to reach the level cap multiple times for those Rebirth benefits.

As for the Capital, it is still a few major updates away. V23 is a balance update and then there will be the V23.X mini-updates that will likely feature content such as Kotone's art. Additionally, before we can reach the Capital, the Labyrinth will still need to be implemented and cleared.

I do hope that you find this enlightening, darkycore4.

So...
What about android girls? Are they too techy to fit in the game's fantasy setup?
Cuz, just imagine vibration mode: activated
-Technology Discussion Snip-
The capital is very technologically advanced compared to the other areas, modern tech has been discussed so a steampunk android girl isn't totally out of the question.
-Technology Discussion Snip-
This is not necessarily absolute given alpha state and Threshold is still fleshing the setting out, but will also contain a number of spoilers.

I do hope that this is informative with regards to the technology level discussion.

> Kind of want to beat Cavern, but kind of want to wait until labrynth update, due to the difficulty of doing it with
>know that third and newest perpetua encounter is at end of caverns
>grind to beat 2nd dungeon boss on hard, grind for exp, and get to end of cavern

I guess perpetua actually is successfully a rival who pushed me to try harder and meet their expectations, even though she really wasn't trying very hard : p

Also how long is it usually for each new character art (like for the characters who don't have them yet?)
I feel like the character having a dynamic picture really ties everything together
The Caverns doesn't have much in the way of enemies that will be problematic with Kotone's slave perk beyond the Lumiren event encounter, plus upgrading her perk to Hypno Lover removes most of the drawbacks. Now as for art, there is not really a set schedule for when art will arrive considering the creative process and that making the art assets requires both time and effort. Usually there is an art asset teased/revealed every month or two, although sometimes they take time to arrive like the Succubi Campers art being implemented all at once after being teased one at a time as they were made.

Feng's art assets were teased at the end of last month and could arrive with the balance update while at the start of this week, the Salarisi, the paralytic salamander-frog-lizard hybrid MGs of the Caverns had their art assets revealed. While on the other end of the spectrum, some characters like Vili and Venefica arrive with their art assets already implemented.

As a quick aside, glad to see you reversed course on Kotone and followed through on her relationship content. While her character may be divisive, she does have one of the best personal stories in the game and the Lover upgrade to her Hypno perk removes the majority of the drawbacks. As for your Demon Queen comments, it is a running joke on MGD's Discord server that the Demon Queen is a NEET having the Black Knight bring her pizza and assorted snacks and beverages all day, that or is actually Lillian, Perpetua, or Venereae herself.

While this may not be a definitive answer, I do hope that you find this at least a little helpful, starvoyager.

Now as for new update news, as may be surmised from earlier statements, teaser art for the Salarisi can be seen by supporters on MGD's Patreon page. They do look rather cute in general with nice legs/thighs, which is appropriate considering that will be an actual fetish in game going forward, and look rather smug with some of their expressions as well.

As for actual developments, the first part of item related changes has been finished, changes to checks for the type of item in and out of combat and an update to all existing consumables is still required. There has also been a mention of there not being anything setup before with regards to skills being able clear out status effects, so it sounds like there could be new status effect related healing skills for either the player, MGs, or both. There was also a mention of combat focused consumables like potentially converting or making an item that inflicts Aphrodisiac like the Lewd Bottle skill as well as discussions about items having all of the things skills can do.

Another change is that Eros drops now scale up much more than they used to in general. Item and skill prices still need to be adjusted and Quest Eros rewards have not changed, but Sofia's Eros reward option that can be selected when choosing a reward for defeating her now pays out 50k Eros rather than 10k Eros. Another example would be Eros from treasure chests in the Caverns, the old amounts were 125 for Common, 250 for Uncommon, and 400 for Rare, this is now 400 for Common, 650 for Uncommon, and 900 for Rare. Basically, the Eros drops for everywhere except for the Mystic Forest and the standard Forest Dungeon have been drastically increased, so farming for Eros will now be much easier than it was before. As another example, Amy has gone from dropping 500 to dropping 1,200 Eros when defeated while Vili has gone from dropping 500 Eros to dropping 2000 Eros. So most high level enemies have had their drops increased by notable amounts as well except for a few like Ancilla who saw a small decrease to the amount of Eros she drops.

Another change that is mostly mod friendly, but could make some work easier in the future, is that monster dialogue responses can be made more compact by having multiple skills lead to the same line of dialogue. Another new implementation is a new set of buffs and debuffs that can increase or decrease stats by a percentage by using a %Power, %Technique, %Intelligence, %Willpower, %Allure, and %Luck. So for skills with a 1:1 scaling, using an ability with say 100 Willpower could result in a 100% increase/buff to the targeted stat. Then there is another new function called "CallMonsterAttack" that can call a specific attack from the monster and have it act like a normal attack, eg: "CallMonsterAttack", "SpecificAttack", "Charm". It is worth noting that this wont use the monster's skill selection AI, so they may end up trying to use a skill that wont work. Thresh has stated that this is a good method of having a combat event use a status effect check normally.

There have been two new tentative monster functions added, PlayerRecoil and PlayerRecoilA that check if a skill had recoil damage, then triggering a line after the attack, before the on hit line is given. These only work for player recoil based skills. Another new set of addition to a function are the optional skill fields "requiresPerk", "requiresOnePerk", "unusableIfPerk", "requiresPerkSelf", "requiresOnePerkSelf", and "unusableIfPerkSelf". These are primarily for use on enemy skills to react to perks the player has, like rut or pent up for example, or modded custom status effects, but they could have multiple other uses as well. There are also other new skill based additions that allow you to add on the following: fetishTags, startsStance, unusableIfStance, requiresTargetStance, unusableIfTarget, and removeStance. Also, the skill field "startsStance" can now be optionally set as an array to start multiple stances such as ["Sex", "Making Out"] to set both the sex and making out stance when the skill hits. While the skill field "removesStance" can now be optionally set as an array to remove multiple specific stances such as ["Sex", "Titfuck", "Slimed", "Slimed 50%", "Slimed 100%"] which will clear out all of these stances when the skill succeeds.

Another change is that end of round checks for monsters are now done before their status effect tick downs. As an example, this will stop one of the imps in the big group fight from being stunned an extra turn when you counter their group skill. Paralysis has also been changed as stats impact lowering it less, when the chance is below 0 it now says 0 instead of a negative number, and the chance to stun starts a bit higher but now also caps at 95%. The chance for being stunned due to Paralysis is also brought down by stats and the number of turns you've been stunned in a row. Also, stances received a rework and now have HP similar to restraints rather than having a random chance to roll and escape a stance. Stance escape logic has also been condensed into one section instead of two.

There have also been a number of bug and exploit fixes which includes fixing the Energy level up exploit by making Energy now properly go up and down when you spend points on Energy instead of restoring it to full. So now placing points in Energy no longer fully restores your Energy points. Other bugs fixed include stances now being made more difficult to escape as fetish levels are now properly taken into account and recoil damage will be higher on both sides now as well as recoil damage now properly accounts for fetish levels to increase the damage. Then of course, there are all of the changes that were not detailed as per usual.

I hope that everyone interested in this update information finds this at least a little useful.

Last edited:

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
A crapton of words
That's probably the longest post i've ever seen on this forum and it's mostly really interesting information.
Not sure what i should say but I want to at least say something, so i guess i'll just say that I really appreciate it.(which i do)

Reactions: L30

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Good god L30 that's a lot of text, bloody good work.

The depth you went to on the speculation about tech levels is pretty impressive.

Also i thought/wondered if the Pizza phone call was a C.C. reference personally, but i'm biased on that one.

Ffint

Feb 14, 2020
It's always interesting when L30 got some time for us i read it all quite interesting. As someone that played MQP (Monster Quest Paradox) The Technology lvl not surprise me at all.

darkycore4

Apr 20, 2020
Hey everyone, apologies for the lack of information and responses. Work has been incredibly busy lately due to current events.

As a part of the upcoming balance update, a number of enemies are actually having their experience drops increase. I detailed some of those changes in this post. Eventually, there will be a level cap and further progression will come in the form of a Rebirth system where you'll reset your level to gain benefits and then level up again, which can be thought of as being somewhat similar to Disgaea's Reincarnation mechanic. So being able to level up quickly will actually be great to reduce overall grind if these plans do not change given we'll need to reach the level cap multiple times for those Rebirth benefits.

As for the Capital, it is still a few major updates away. V23 is a balance update and then there will be the V23.X mini-updates that will likely feature content such as Kotone's art. Additionally, before we can reach the Capital, the Labyrinth will still need to be implemented and cleared.

I do hope that you find this enlightening, darkycore4.

This is not necessarily absolute given alpha state and Threshold is still fleshing the setting out, but will also contain a number of spoilers.

I do hope that this is informative with regards to the technology level discussion.

The Caverns doesn't have much in the way of enemies that will be problematic with Kotone's slave perk beyond the Lumiren event encounter, plus upgrading her perk to Hypno Lover removes most of the drawbacks. Now as for art, there is not really a set schedule for when art will arrive considering the creative process and that making the art assets requires both time and effort. Usually there is an art asset teased/revealed every month or two, although sometimes they take time to arrive like the Succubi Campers art being implemented all at once after being teased one at a time as they were made.

Feng's art assets were teased at the end of last month and could arrive with the balance update while at the start of this week, the Salarisi, the paralytic salamander-frog-lizard hybrid MGs of the Caverns had their art assets revealed. While on the other end of the spectrum, some characters like Vili and Venefica arrive with their art assets already implemented.

As a quick aside, glad to see you reversed course on Kotone and followed through on her relationship content. While her character may be divisive, she does have one of the best personal stories in the game and the Lover upgrade to her Hypno perk removes the majority of the drawbacks. As for your Demon Queen comments, it is a running joke on MGD's Discord server that the Demon Queen is a NEET having the Black Knight bring her pizza and assorted snacks and beverages all day, that or is actually Lillian, Perpetua, or Venereae herself.

While this may not be a definitive answer, I do hope that you find this at least a little helpful, starvoyager.

Now as for new update news, as may be surmised from earlier statements, teaser art for the Salarisi can be seen by supporters on MGD's Patreon page. They do look rather cute in general with nice legs/thighs, which is appropriate considering that will be an actual fetish in game going forward, and look rather smug with some of their expressions as well.

As for actual developments, the first part of item related changes has been finished, changes to checks for the type of item in and out of combat and an update to all existing consumables is still required. There has also been a mention of there not being anything setup before with regards to skills being able clear out status effects, so it sounds like there could be new status effect related healing skills for either the player, MGs, or both. There was also a mention of combat focused consumables like potentially converting or making an item that inflicts Aphrodisiac like the Lewd Bottle skill as well as discussions about items having all of the things skills can do.

Another change is that Eros drops now scale up much more than they used to in general. Item and skill prices still need to be adjusted and Quest Eros rewards have not changed, but Sofia's Eros reward option that can be selected when choosing a reward for defeating her now pays out 50k Eros rather than 10k Eros. Another example would be Eros from treasure chests in the Caverns, the old amounts were 125 for Common, 250 for Uncommon, and 400 for Rare, this is now 400 for Common, 650 for Uncommon, and 900 for Rare. Basically, the Eros drops for everywhere except for the Mystic Forest and the standard Forest Dungeon have been drastically increased, so farming for Eros will now be much easier than it was before. As another example, Amy has gone from dropping 500 to dropping 1,200 Eros when defeated while Vili has gone from dropping 500 Eros to dropping 2000 Eros. So most high level enemies have had their drops increased by notable amounts as well except for a few like Ancilla who saw a small decrease to the amount of Eros she drops.

Another change that is mostly mod friendly, but could make some work easier in the future, is that monster dialogue responses can be made more compact by having multiple skills lead to the same line of dialogue. Another new implementation is a new set of buffs and debuffs that can increase or decrease stats by a percentage by using a %Power, %Technique, %Intelligence, %Willpower, %Allure, and %Luck. So for skills with a 1:1 scaling, using an ability with say 100 Willpower could result in a 100% increase/buff to the targeted stat. Then there is another new function called "CallMonsterAttack" that can call a specific attack from the monster and have it act like a normal attack, eg: "CallMonsterAttack", "SpecificAttack", "Charm". It is worth noting that this wont use the monster's skill selection AI, so they may end up trying to use a skill that wont work. Thresh has stated that this is a good method of having a combat event use a status effect check normally.

There have been two new tentative monster functions added, PlayerRecoil and PlayerRecoilA that check if a skill had recoil damage, then triggering a line after the attack, before the on hit line is given. These only work for player recoil based skills. Another new set of addition to a function are the optional skill fields "requiresPerk", "requiresOnePerk", "unusableIfPerk", "requiresPerkSelf", "requiresOnePerkSelf", and "unusableIfPerkSelf". These are primarily for use on enemy skills to react to perks the player has, like rut or pent up for example, or modded custom status effects, but they could have multiple other uses as well. There are also other new skill based additions that allow you to add on the following: fetishTags, startsStance, unusableIfStance, requiresTargetStance, unusableIfTarget, and removeStance. Also, the skill field "startsStance" can now be optionally set as an array to start multiple stances such as ["Sex", "Making Out"] to set both the sex and making out stance when the skill hits. While the skill field "removesStance" can now be optionally set as an array to remove multiple specific stances such as ["Sex", "Titfuck", "Slimed", "Slimed 50%", "Slimed 100%"] which will clear out all of these stances when the skill succeeds.

Another change is that end of round checks for monsters are now done before their status effect tick downs. As an example, this will stop one of the imps in the big group fight from being stunned an extra turn when you counter their group skill. Paralysis has also been changed as stats impact lowering it less, when the chance is below 0 it now says 0 instead of a negative number, and the chance to stun starts a bit higher but now also caps at 95%. The chance for being stunned due to Paralysis is also brought down by stats and the number of turns you've been stunned in a row. Also, stances received a rework and now have HP similar to restraints rather than having a random chance to roll and escape a stance. Stance escape logic has also been condensed into one section instead of two.

There have also been a number of bug and exploit fixes which includes fixing the Energy level up exploit by making Energy now properly go up and down when you spend points on Energy instead of restoring it to full. So now placing points in Energy no longer fully restores your Energy points. Other bugs fixed include stances now being made more difficult to escape as fetish levels are now properly taken into account and recoil damage will be higher on both sides now as well as recoil damage now properly accounts for fetish levels to increase the damage. Then of course, there are all of the changes that were not detailed as per usual.

I hope that everyone interested in this update information finds this at least a little useful.
then can i say first thank you L30 and second am looking forwards to it its on my list and i am a supporter of your work on this project however i tend to get hooked on games with pretty good world and characters aha i apologise if i may been out place or assigned any extra stress on you these days there been very few games that keep me interested this one has lol

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
Probably my only complaint about the entire game is that sometimes the characters can feel disconnected. i'll explain what i mean.
Spoilers ahead.
Many characters don't have this problem, but sometimes a character will explicitly state that they're friends/enemy's with or had a relationship with another character that you can talk to, but you can't bring them up.

I get that it's unreasonable to expect like every single character to have all of these interconnected dialogue chains, but i kind of feel like there are a few characters where it makes sense for them to have this.(also this is an alpha that's less that 25% done and extensively thought out dialogue trees probably aren't the biggest priority, so maybe this kind of thing is already planned)
Incredible game though <3 i believe that apart from sophia stage 3 i've seen about every single scene in the entire game.

Reactions: TFM

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
As the creator fleshes the story out those relationships should start to take place. The tough part about it is people will clamor for new content and not so much "background exposition", especially if you're a patron. The mechanisms to interconnect the characters are definitely in place though, so that's half the battle. That's the good thing about a detailed character background; it becomes normal to see those characters interact with the environment around them... unless you're Sofia who has some very important sleeping she'd rather be doing.

Last edited:

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
As the creator fleshes the story out those relationships should start to take place. The tough part about it is people will clamor for new content and not so much "background exposition", especially if you're a patron. The mechanisms to interconnect the characters are definitely in place though, so that's half the battle. That's the good thing about a detailed character background; it becomes normal to see those characters interact with the environment around them... unless you're Sofia who has some very important sleeping she'd rather be doing.
IMO her sleeping is her avoiding something, a good sign of depression as well, quite likely for a reformed mass murderer, so even the sleeping makes sense, i suspect there are a few MG's out there who hate her for killing as well.

Dunsparcetheglare

Aug 1, 2018
Somewhat new to this game and only just unlocked the ability to go to the forest dungeon itself, are there builds one needs to follow in this game? So far i've just been trying to level up every stat evenly.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes