TFM

Mar 7, 2019
If Threshold wants to go there, he can easily use the original monster girls in Monster Girl Quest due to familiarity, or even the version (similar artwork/backstories to a few characters).

The one noticeable area he hasn't really tread upon is the "human to monster" appearance ratio. Take MGQ for example: the artwork was very... out there. Many of the artists slanted the monster girls more towards the "monster" side than "girl" (hi ). Not many monsters in this game with artwork are overly monstrous outside of Jora, Amy, Matangos (both versions) and the Lizard Girls (Kyra and default) off the top off my head.

Psajchol

Sep 2, 2019
If Threshold wants to go there, he can easily use the original monster girls in Monster Girl Quest due to familiarity, or even the version (similar artwork/backstories to a few characters).

The one noticeable area he hasn't really tread upon is the "human to monster" appearance ratio. Take MGQ for example: the artwork was very... out there. Many of the artists slanted the monster girls more towards the "monster" side than "girl" (hi ). Not many monsters in this game with artwork are overly monstrous outside of Jora, Amy, Lizard Girls (Kyra and default).
I mean it can change with a few more girls but we just have to wait... I'd love for more possible monster girls to be there. For now the monster girl pool is... well... tiny in comparison to all the possibilites that could be here. If he could crank up the amount and some new mechanics - such as the few I've mentioned before - the game would be more interesting. For now it's kinda... Well, trophy run. Check new arts, maybe new mentions in the story and back to seeing the same few enemies with the same mechanics and same weaknesses...

That could be also fun! Remove 'set' weaknesses and make each monster girl have a randomized fetishes. Otherwise it's just... Oh, a lizardgirl - anal, oh an elf - vaginal, oh an alraune - breasts, oh slime - magic, an imp - pain... It gets really bland very quickly. That way it could get a bit more challenging and set a bit of randomness.

Also, something like a 'strip' mechanic could be fun too. Where if the girl wants to force you to have sex or blow you she needs to undress you first which would slightly arouse both. Our character would have to do the same...

Just a thought. Tho I can't program I am a Wattpad / DeviantArt writer so I could help out a bit with dialogues and stuff like that.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Hello there.

Did someone already got an Error

dlopen failed : "/data/app-lib/monstergirldreams.program-1/libpng16.so" has unexpected e_machine: 40.

I'm usually playing this game on PC but I tried the Android app and got this.

Thanks,

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Just a thought but a fun little thing could be an 'impregnation system'. I mean like there's a small chance that you knock up the girl if you cum while having vaginal sex. If so there could be additional completely random events around it. Such as :

- Finding the said monster girl with large stomache
- Meeting your daughter along your travel in the location
- Meeting the mother of your child who appears with a small dialogue at the begging of the battle
- Depending on race, if she's a lizard let's say she might be found laying eggs
- Monster girls having diffrent reactions to this event
- Important characters need to have high relationship with them and pick a special option

I mean they are on a continent where you techincally can't hurt anyone physically because of demon lord's magic so I'm guessing with a bit of magic the pregnancy could be shorter.

Also a few more monsters here and there would make it more interesting.

Forest is large so I'm pretty sure that are more things that live there not only elves, slimes, alraune and lizards. What about werewolves? Maybe diffrent monsters girls appearing depend on type of day? At night there might be owl harpies for example. Bears, cats, bee girls? There is so many of them pick from. Possible quests that could relate to them too. Like going to bee's hive for some honey. Maybe 'fighting' off a werewolf alpha of the pack ( who could be an essential character ) to stop them from raiding all farms and lands around forest.
I do plan to add a pregnancy type system, but only for specific characters. Such as the elves.

The day/night system was recently added, so not much has been done toward making a bit better intigrated such as certain monsters ambushing you at night.
But the idea has been had. :D

The one noticeable area he hasn't really tread upon is the "human to monster" appearance ratio. Take MGQ for example: the artwork was very... out there. Many of the artists slanted the monster girls more towards the "monster" side than "girl" (hi ). Not many monsters in this game with artwork are overly monstrous outside of Jora, Amy, Matangos (both versions) and the Lizard Girls (Kyra and default) off the top off my head.
Have you met Amy?

Hello there.

Did someone already got an Error

dlopen failed : "/data/app-lib/monstergirldreams.program-1/libpng16.so" has unexpected e_machine: 40.

I'm usually playing this game on PC but I tried the Android app and got this.

Thanks,
I think your android device might be too old to use it? But I could be wrong.

SubWithoutADom

Dec 29, 2019
This is an amazing game. As a big malesub, I really enjoy seeing what all of these characters will do to the MCs worn out body if/when you lose (I totally haven't lost on purpose i swear :whistle:) first run through I chose hard mode, and dumped the first 20 or so skill points into luck... That worked out great. Luckily, I found a perk bonus which gave exp on losses as well, which helped out a lot. Jora's my favorite so far, that rough tail sounds sooo nice. Oh, and her personality is adorable, too.
Anyway, keep up the good work!

Reactions: L30

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
Have you met Amy?
I have met previously before her artwork. With her my only issue is that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
She is very alien in terms of appearance, but definitely more "feminine" in appearance than the text would seem to indicate... initially. I'd have to go to a prior save to see her intro scene with artwork and haven't yet.

Last edited:

Psajchol

Sep 2, 2019
I do plan to add a pregnancy type system, but only for specific characters. Such as the elves.

The day/night system was recently added, so not much has been done toward making a bit better intigrated such as certain monsters ambushing you at night.
But the idea has been had. :D

Have you met Amy?

I think your android device might be too old to use it? But I could be wrong.
It was just a thought. As I said I'm not a programmer but I can help with writing dialogues / scenes. I would also like to ask about the opinion with randomized fetishes. So that every monster of the same species doesn't have the same weakness. It makes battle really mundane with using one and the same move to defeat them and making it more random would be a nice touch. Maybe add some visualization to the action of the character?

What I mean throught it is not like fully animated but maybe simple pics appearing when we, let's say, we insert or when elves go for full on gangbang on MC so it shows our shadowy outline with one elf bouncing on our lap and another over our face if this is how it plays out. Little arts. Little things give lots of happiness.

TheUser19

Jun 5, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/gamecode/adventureCode/adventuring.rpy", line 472, in script call
call displayScene from _call_displayScene_3
File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 2034, in script call
call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_20
File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 4364, in script call
call displayScene from _call_displayScene_1
File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 1724, in script call
call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_14
File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 4340, in script
$ currentChoice = getFromNameOfScene(display, DefeatedEncounterMonsters[-1].victoryScenes)
File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 4340, in <module>
$ currentChoice = getFromNameOfScene(display, DefeatedEncounterMonsters[-1].victoryScenes)
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/gamecode/adventureCode/adventuring.rpy", line 472, in script call
call displayScene from _call_displayScene_3
File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 1724, in script call
call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_14
File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 4340, in script
File "C:\Users\Bogdan\Desktop\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v22.3-pc\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v22.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Bogdan\Desktop\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v22.3-pc\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v22.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 4340, in <module>
File "C:\Users\Bogdan\Desktop\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v22.3-pc\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v22.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 847, in __getitem__
rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Monster Girl Dreams Alpha-v22.3
Tue Mar 31 18:14:24 2020

What happened?

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
It was just a thought. As I said I'm not a programmer but I can help with writing dialogues / scenes. I would also like to ask about the opinion with randomized fetishes. So that every monster of the same species doesn't have the same weakness. It makes battle really mundane with using one and the same move to defeat them and making it more random would be a nice touch. Maybe add some visualization to the action of the character?

What I mean throught it is not like fully animated but maybe simple pics appearing when we, let's say, we insert or when elves go for full on gangbang on MC so it shows our shadowy outline with one elf bouncing on our lap and another over our face if this is how it plays out. Little arts. Little things give lots of happiness.
I like the idea behind the randomised fetish to a degree but in some cases it makes sense for all monsters of a species to have certain weaknesses, oversensitive breasts for Minotaurs for example, what i would like to see is any of the names individuals in a species having slight changes to vulnerabilities, something to make them a little beyond the ordinary mook.

There is a gameplay angle to why this isn't a great idea, it would require the player to drop analyse 1st turn every game, which penalises those who don't go for learning analyse right away, restricting early builds, then add in the fact that some builds never really increase their energy till mid game or later, they would also me penalised for needing to spend energy each game as a requirement to fight well.

In short i think variety is better than randomisation, i do understand that the mooks become a little samey, i agree with that but i suspect that as more areas are added it will be less of a big deal.

JLP603

Apr 25, 2019
i read the recent changelog and saw that there is an alternate reaction from amy if you makeout or kiss while she is being stunned but after trying to get that scene she always gets angry and leaves after 3 pain or stun chance inducing moves. And whenever i visit her in the cave to spar she always just gets angry with 1 pain move. So how am i supposed to get this scene before she gets mad?

Psajchol

Sep 2, 2019
I like the idea behind the randomised fetish to a degree but in some cases it makes sense for all monsters of a species to have certain weaknesses, oversensitive breasts for Minotaurs for example, what i would like to see is any of the names individuals in a species having slight changes to vulnerabilities, something to make them a little beyond the ordinary mook.

There is a gameplay angle to why this isn't a great idea, it would require the player to drop analyse 1st turn every game, which penalises those who don't go for learning analyse right away, restricting early builds, then add in the fact that some builds never really increase their energy till mid game or later, they would also me penalised for needing to spend energy each game as a requirement to fight well.

In short i think variety is better than randomisation, i do understand that the mooks become a little samey, i agree with that but i suspect that as more areas are added it will be less of a big deal.
Tho, you have to agree that a bit more monster girls would be fun. I'm dropping the random fetishes as an example because I play that game to have fun and enjoy interactions with monster girls. I agree that some of them can have race specific fetishes you can use but maybe like one random that can be used against them outside of the same old ones would be cool.

Much like pregnancy system I've mention would be more intereting and adding more features or diffrent encounters depending on the time of the day. I have fun playing the game as it is but I just don't want it to become a random monster girl fuck and speed action to finish the game with onthing memorable. Lame grinding with no memorable features neither. This game has a lot of potential and is awesome.

I want to spend hours of gameplay just trying out to find all features and monster girls in the very first region ( forest ) just to find out that there's like 'x' more dungeons you can get throught with awesome features and diffrent monster girls that have many diffrent behaviours and fetishes.

I get that there are people who just want a simple linear play with nothing random - where's fun in that? - because they just want to get throught the game but there should be some appreciation for those who want to enjoy the game in slow and peaceful manner and enjoy each and every single feature that author of the game put thought into.

Fringgs

Oct 14, 2018
Really love this game, Reminds me of MGQ, Wondering if we will reach the point of having to see Angels and Goddesses in this game too, specially that Goddess in the chruch where Lillian is, I think the Goddess name is Venereae that Goddess has been curing your sex drive , sensitivities i wonder how the Goddesses is holding up ?? oh yeah that goddess also love money donate some lol

Really love to see all the current monster girls in the current version to have images plss, Feng and Kotone needs some love!

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
Really love this game, Reminds me of MGQ, Wondering if we will reach the point of having to see Angels and Goddesses in this game too, specially that Goddess in the chruch where Lillian is, I think the Goddess name is Venereae that Goddess has been curing your sex drive , sensitivities i wonder how the Goddesses is holding up ?? oh yeah that goddess also love money donate some lol

Really love to see all the current monster girls in the current version to have images plss, Feng and Kotone needs some love!
Kotone's art is done and we should see it implemented soon. Art is added regularly and more has been commissioned as support has increased, so if you want more art drop the dev a buck or three!

Reactions: Fringgs and L30

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Tho, you have to agree that a bit more monster girls would be fun. I'm dropping the random fetishes as an example because I play that game to have fun and enjoy interactions with monster girls. I agree that some of them can have race specific fetishes you can use but maybe like one random that can be used against them outside of the same old ones would be cool.

Much like pregnancy system I've mention would be more intereting and adding more features or diffrent encounters depending on the time of the day. I have fun playing the game as it is but I just don't want it to become a random monster girl fuck and speed action to finish the game with onthing memorable. Lame grinding with no memorable features neither. This game has a lot of potential and is awesome.

I want to spend hours of gameplay just trying out to find all features and monster girls in the very first region ( forest ) just to find out that there's like 'x' more dungeons you can get throught with awesome features and diffrent monster girls that have many diffrent behaviours and fetishes.

I get that there are people who just want a simple linear play with nothing random - where's fun in that? - because they just want to get throught the game but there should be some appreciation for those who want to enjoy the game in slow and peaceful manner and enjoy each and every single feature that author of the game put thought into.
The v23 update is going to be a major balance shift, so it is possible the combat system could be made a little more chaotic at that time in order to enable a measure of random factors. That said, the Mystic Forest is the oldest and very first zone and does not really have much in the way of hidden or not as readily apparent content as other areas such as the Temple or even the Forest Dungeon. So when compared to later areas, it does show its age and the fact it comes from a point in time when systems in place were simpler becomes more readily apparent. Of course this can change in the future as the existing characters are fleshed out or if new ones are added.

With regards to pregnancy and impregnation, that will be a notable feature of one of the side quest areas that will be added in the future, specifically the Elven Village as the Elves are having something of a population crisis and their numbers are slowly dwindling. As for rushing through the game and no memorable features, this game already does reward taking your time searching for and investigating the unique characters and said characters alone can be quite impactful. Vili is an example of a hidden character considering meeting her requires taking very specific actions while exploring the Forest Dungeon again after clearing it.

If players are interested in a character, they can slow down and attempt to build a relationship with them and if not, they are more than free to either continue investigating the current or prior areas or move on to the next zone that is a part of the story. There are even special loss scenes for losing in specific stances or methods such as combat events that can also reward those willing to investigate battle encounters more fully. It is worth noting that this title is still in alpha however and more features are being implemented as time goes on. For example, the Day/Night system and the ability to have dreams while sleeping are both very recent additions. Additionally, there will be areas dedicated to side quests that are not a part of the main story, making advancement a little less linear with regards to zone progression, such areas will include the previously mentioned Elven Village as well as the Harpy Village.

Apologies if this comes off as harsh and I am not trying to be dismissive of your ideas and suggestions, but these are salient points to some of the arguments you have brought up. I do hope that you find this informative, Psajchol.

It is possible to meet two angels in the current build, although one you are only able to commune with and not meet in person while the latter is not obviously an angel and would not be known as such without lore from the first angel, but she can be met in person. I'll go into this a little more in depth in the following spoiler.

As for art, much like fanboi mentioned and thank you very much for that, it is a gradual process as the art for the title is made via commissions with a number of talented artists. The Succubus Campers would be another example of complete art as Jennifer and Heather have their art assets ready. However, they likely will not be added to the game until Catherine has her art complete and ready for implementation as well. Until then, Patreons can view the art in advanced before it is added to the game. So if you'd like to see the art now, want to support the title, and/or would like to see art make its way into the title more quickly, supporting this title would be a worthwhile investment as it is an excellent project.

I do hope that you find this helpful, Fringgs.

As for update news, apologies for not providing more in the way of update information with regards to the most recent update. Work has been busier and more chaotic due to recent events in the world. That said, work is underway on a bug fix build to address the issues that have arisen with this latest update. So if you have encountered any notable bugs, they are likely being worked on, but it would not hurt to report them and include the traceback file with the post, whether here or in MGD's Discord server, in the event it is an issue that has not been reported yet.

I do hope that everyone interested in this information finds it at least a little useful.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Fringgs There is also the waifupocalypse mod that adds an angel to the game, Metatron, she has two fights, one pretty decent mid difficulty fight and a second fight that still rates as one of the hardest in the game right now, only being comparable to Sofia 's third fight and Oni sisters at max, worth a look to tide you over till more stuff comes out perhaps.

Reactions: Fringgs and L30

azraelswegul

Dec 27, 2017
is there a walkthrough? after dealing with the red slime and bringing the nectar delivery i don't know what to do next to advance the story.

Fringgs

Oct 14, 2018
L30 Truly truly useful long read is truly fine with being quarantine and all haha!
And damn i didn't know that we actually have angels in the current build... welp time to find them and pet the fluffy wings~

ba04f6e4f18547168eb8d99b3497e296.gif

The support for this masterpiece will come :D

Volta Oh damn, seriously? Metatron? hah~ That is the specific Angel i worship , ayt imma check that out, thank you XD

Reactions: L30

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Is there much femdom in this? is it avoidable? I would very much like to be able to play through this with my masculinity intact... lol :unsure::p
There is a decent mix femdom, maledom, and equal encounters, although femdom is a little more prevalent than the maledom. And yes, all femdom is essentially avoidable as well, although if you lose a fight you may see a femdom scene. You can even choose who and how many characters to engage in a relationship with and some characters cater more towards specific fetishes and may favor or enable femdom, equal, maledom, or even a mix of the three depending on the character. Interactions with characters, whether in battle or during conversations, can generally provide enough information to infer what kind of content a specific individual or mob will cater to. I'll list a few examples in the following spoiler.

There are far more characters in the game than this, but I do hope that you find this informative, TheLegend1337.

is there a walkthrough? after dealing with the red slime and bringing the nectar delivery i don't know what to do next to advance the story.
There is not really a full walkthrough yet, although I can answer a fair number of questions about the game. There is also the , and this could be quite informative. If you do not feel like visiting the wiki, then the important pieces of information you need are you need the Vandal's Note key item which Elena will give to you after defeating Perpetua. If you have it in your Key Items, you are able to advance to the next zone, the Forest Dungeon, by clicking on the Tower that is visible in the middle of the Mystic Forest. If you do not have it, try talking to Elena in the Guild again.

I do hope that you find this helpful, azraelswegul.

L30 Truly truly useful long read is truly fine with being quarantine and all haha!
And damn i didn't know that we actually have angels in the current build... welp time to find them and pet the fluffy wings~

The support for this masterpiece will come :D

Volta Oh damn, seriously? Metatron? hah~ That is the specific Angel i worship , ayt imma check that out, thank you XD
Unfortunately, the angel that likely has wings cannot be met face to face while the other angel does not possess wings given she is bound to a verdant location on the ground. But considering that you are interested in angels and that a mod has a notable angel from religion in the real world, this on the wiki contains information on modding as well as links to various mods, including the aforementioned Waifupocalypse that Volta pointed out.

I do hope that you find this useful, Fringgs.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes