Shiki_Moondrop

Oct 31, 2019
So first things first, I really enjoy this game, thanks for making it. When I first started however, I tend to play a lot of games like this and drop them the same day. So on character creation I went and made it hard difficulty and for role play purposes, gave myself 2 fetishes. There being plenty of hard content for "over leveled" characters, made me regret that second fetish I gave to the main character. While I realize I could just console cheat my way back to normal, I'd rather use in game methods if possible. So my question is, in the eventual rebirth mechanic, would there be a way to revert to only the 1 required fetish?

Reactions: L30

MadFoole

Feb 8, 2020
L30, I had meant the question about Amy's lack of an anus as a joke, but thanks for answering the other questions.

L30

Dec 20, 2017
So first things first, I really enjoy this game, thanks for making it. When I first started however, I tend to play a lot of games like this and drop them the same day. So on character creation I went and made it hard difficulty and for role play purposes, gave myself 2 fetishes. There being plenty of hard content for "over leveled" characters, made me regret that second fetish I gave to the main character. While I realize I could just console cheat my way back to normal, I'd rather use in game methods if possible. So my question is, in the eventual rebirth mechanic, would there be a way to revert to only the 1 required fetish?
Unfortunately, at this point there are not really any concrete details known about the mechanic other than it will exist and that there will be tangible benefits for using the mechanic. Given we also do not know when it will arrive exactly, you may be better off using the console to correct the issue. In this case, I wouldn't really consider it cheating considering you'll just be correcting an uninformed decision and still keeping your character within the parameters established by the character creation system. This on the wiki has all of the codes you would need to convert your character into one that started off with a single fetish as the bare minimum required by the character creation system. Just pick one of your two starting fetishes to remove, and use the corresponding code with a -= 3 to remove the three levels of that fetish that were accrued by selecting it at character creation.

While this may not be what you want to hear, I do hope that you find this helpful, Shiki_Moondrop.

L30, I had meant the question about Amy's lack of an anus as a joke, but thanks for answering the other questions.
I did figure as such, but it also made for an interesting exercise to create a few theories to possibly explain how her eldritch biology functions, so I decided to provide potential answers anyways. You're welcome for the answers to your more serious questions as well.

Now, as for general update news, Threshold has essentially completed all of the changes to the code that they had planned for this update as well as implemented the art for all three members of the Succubus Campers in the Mountains. As such, they're going to spend the next two days going over the Campers' content and either tune up their scenes a little or perhaps create a new scene or two. The former is probably more likely to occur than the latter given the risks of spending more time than planned on the update if new scenes are created. This is further compounded by the fact that the estimated release date for this update featuring the Succubus Campers' art is this coming Thursday.

I do hope that everyone interested in this information finds this at least a little useful.

loGic21

Mar 14, 2019
Now, as for general update news, Threshold has essentially completed all of the changes to the code that they had planned for this update as well as implemented the art for all three members of the Succubus Campers in the Mountains. As such, they're going to spend the next two days going over the Campers' content and either tune up their scenes a little or perhaps create a new scene or two. The former is probably more likely to occur than the latter given the risks of spending more time than planned on the update if new scenes are created. This is further compounded by the fact that the estimated release date for this update featuring the Succubus Campers' art is this coming Thursday.
If I recall correctly, you mentioned something about the art of Kotone being ready as well (I looked it up and you said that mid February), and just needing to get implemented. She must get a hell of an art if it's still not ready yet. Don't get me wrong, Threshold should take all the time he needs, I don't want to rush him. I'm just a bit surprised.

Reactions: L30 and lilpixxle

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
If I recall correctly, you mentioned something about the art of Kotone being ready as well (I looked it up and you said that mid February), and just needing to get implemented. She must get a hell of an art if it's still not ready yet. Don't get me wrong, Threshold should take all the time he needs, I don't want to rush him. I'm just a bit surprised.
You are correct we (wrongly) thought Kotone's art would be implemented sooner. But I believe Kotone's art is completed, so you may be disappointed if you expect the extra time to translate into more impressive art. I did not notice any implications the art was only partly finished when Threshold made a patreon post teasing the images. He was also upfront that he did not plan to implement said art until v23, likely because coding in the images would entail a lot of menial coding and positioning.

I feel the biggest reason Kotone's art is taking so long is the sudden influx of character art. Threshold commissions multiple artists, but there is still a subconscious expectation the art will be uniformly distributed. Instead, he released 5 different characters' art since then, and it seems all will be implemented before Kotone.

Jan 4, 2020
Kotone is Venefica-levels of content, and that took Thresh weeks to make while having the art from the get-go. Kotone also has a vast number of expressions (IIRC, 40), and I am willing to bet the layers are fairly complex, much like Veneficas. To do all of the Oni Twins art implementation took Thresh a whole day. Kotone will take longer than that with content as-is. There is a fair bit of thought and consideration put into utilizing all of the layers and expressions to correctly portray the given scene.

Except, Thresh does intend to do more than just give Kotone her art, he also intends to polish her content, to what extent I either don't recall or was never set in words anywhere. Could be a little, could be a lot. Kotone would very much so be worth her own entire patch in terms of time and effort with those two facters in mind, even in smallest-case scenario. With all of the also much-needed technical changes and balance overhaul, and the unexpectedly large amount of content from Venefica's update, the fact it has taken so long to get to should hopefully be fairly understandable.

Thresh was lamenting the untimely teaser compared to how long it has been taking to get to her earlier today, if my memory is not mistaken.

Her art was done by Adopolich, by the by. Same artist who did Bed-Chan and Aiko.

Musings in the spoiler for another point that could greatly weigh down Kotone's art update. It has no basis, just a guess on my part. Has spoils.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Felt and ccccccccccc essentially covered everything in this regard. Kotone's art implementation will require a massive amount of work due to the sheer number of expressions and layers her art assets have, she'll likely be the most emotive and expressive character in the game given the great amount of expressions she'll have. Add on to this the fact that Kotone will have tail variants for split tails and fused tail, a number of hand variants for her art, and other such details, and her art becomes even more complex compared to most other characters in the game. Between this, selecting the most appropriate of those expressions and positions for any given scene or moment, and the sheer size of Kotone's content, implementing her art would easily require a whole update devoted to just this act.

Then Felt also recalled correctly that Thresh is planning on performing more work on Kotone's content at that time. One piece of content that was specifically mentioned was a new scene for her that was inspired by and involves Kotone's jumbo tail art variant where she has one giant fluffy tail, so she'll have at least one new scene when her art is implemented. Although, it is also possible Threshold will tune up her content in general at that time as well given there are a few notable complaints levied against her content, and she may receive more new scenes than just the giant tail scene.

And as remembered correctly again by Felt, Threshold was sorrowing over the fact that so much time has passed since her art was teased and has not been implemented yet. Between Venefica exploding into a much larger than planned project, other art assets coming together and being implemented such as the Succubus Campers, the on-going work on refining the code and updating the balance, it is quite understandable why the delayed implementation has occurred. As for Felt's hypothesis:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My apologies, loGic21, if I raised hopes of seeing her art too high too soon, and I hope that you find this satisfactory and informative.

As for general update news, a new scene has been added to the game. However, there are no real details on it other than it does not involve the Succubus Campers and is something that should have apparently been added last month if not for Venefica absorbing all the development time and focus. Other than this, Jennifer's sex scene has been touched up, it will still be a slow, tortuously pleasurable affair and she'll even talk a little more during the scene now. Her sex scene also now drains 2 Spirit instead of 1 Spirit. The remainder of the plans are to continue on focusing touching up and improving the existing scenes, but if that is finished in time to allow for creating new content, then Threshold wants to add a titfuck scene to Jen and possibly one where the player has a dominant sex scene with Jennifer as well, time permitting.

I do hope that everyone interested in this information finds this at least a little useful.

track989

Mar 25, 2018
If the reason for farming is that you don't lose, I highly encourage to not go in with that mentality. MGD is designed to let you lose without severe punishment. In fact, you're rewarded with might be more than half of the games content being behind exploring losses. As of the current game version, there is no chance that you'll run into a permanent game over, outside of clearing your debt. You will pretty much always go back to the church. Even if there was, I'd trust Threshold to properly warn the player where other games might fail to do so.

On a personal level, I would prefer if the game really solidified its stance on losing being okay through something equivalent to a fairly toned down Tactical Defeat as a base feature of the game. Players would further feel less discouraged to explore loss content as it wouldn't be a complete waste of time, similar to how some events in the brothel can already simultaneously gain you fetish but also levels while still letting you immerse yourself in the lewds. MGD has an emphasis on the fall to depravity, better integrating that into its design would be a plus, I think.
Very much agree. I tend to savescum and usually only lose to see a scene, simply because I got into the habit of it, same for not working at the bar even though I now realise it's net positive money (or at least very close to it). For me the main misunderstanding was that when I started and explored the town I couldn't remove my starting fetish, so I assumed fetishes just couldn't be removed at all, at which point after losing and seeing that I'd gained a fetish level I just always restarted.

Maybe an interesting way to handle fetishes now that there's a time mechanic would be to have non-permanent fetishes from losses be applied like inn meal buffs, some lasting X days (1? 7?) and some being permanent, but still having the option to pay at the church to remove them. I feel like the fetish-gaining/sensitivity-gaining fetish is sorta adjacent to level-drain fetish, having a debuff stamped on your profile reminding you that you currently have +2 oral fetish due to getting quadruple teamed by imps would be pretty hot.

In terms of balance you'd want to increase the eros cost of fetish removal, but it'd create an interesting gameplay decision on whether to pay for removal or keep exploring/grinding with a risky level of fetishes applied.

Fake edit: ah, I just realised time is cheap and you can just sleep for a week in town at no cost to reset. I guess it'd have to be fetishes that last for X more fights or something, but that's just more mess and mechanics to keep track of. Still, I kind of like the base idea of there being a page on the character screen that tracks everything giving you fetishes - perks in one column, removable enemy debuffs in another. That also expands the possibilities for escalating debuffs from cannon-fodder enemies without cluttering your perks list.

Just spitballing anyway. It's fun to theorycraft about the billions of things that could be added to this great game...

ACTUAL edit: does Threshold do all the writing for this game or are some characters guest-written? The writing is remarkably consistent

Jan 4, 2020
ACTUAL edit: does Threshold do all the writing for this game or are some characters guest-written? The writing is remarkably consistent
There have thus far been three writers commissioned for a couple scenes, which are then audited by Threshold. Threshold also has a editor he often works with, William, who checks over his work, and I think also audits the work of writing commissions sometimes?

Make no mistake, this is entirely Threshold's game. Threshold as far as it is known does not intend to ever permanently partner with any writer, muscician, artist, or otherwise, to maintain full creative control. Thus, he only does commissions if he desires to see it done by his own hand-picked choices of talent.

I personally believe this is one of the staple reasons for MGD's long term success, that control and consistency with the design choices he has maintained. Time could change that decision of course, anything is possible, but I'm hoping this path is never strayed from, as it has only ever been up and up from the start of the project. Any hopes of acceleration would be a rather large risk for what could be less consistent work. This issue has in fact troubled other excellent H-games, as an aside.

The commissioned writers can be found in the game credits with links to possibly any social media they may have provided. An overview...
Valentin Cognito - Wrote the Minoni Hoof Stepping Scene.
SubjectAlpha - Wrote the Solo Imp loss scene, Solo Imp Brothel Scene, Solo Elf Brothel Scene, Elf Sex Dream Scene, the Nara neutral loss scene, and Galvi's intro and sex scene.
GameSalamander - Wrote the Kunoichi Feet Dream, and the sex loss scene for Kyra.

loGic21

Mar 14, 2019
My apologies, @loGic21, if I raised hopes of seeing her art too high too soon, and I hope that you find this satisfactory and informative.
No worries. The delay is totally understandable after all the explanations I got, thanks for the replies. (y)

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
If there is a level cap (doubt it) it's high enough that you can become an ero demi-god.
At the moment there is no hard cap but a soft cap. You can go as high as having 9999 Arrousel and Energy and 100 in every stat though you can go over the stats with perks. The hard cap for Spirit is by the way 999.
Though Threshold said he will plan a lvl cap because it will be easier for balanceing because right now there are hyped and or bored players who lvl enough to have three digit lvl numbers which are so mighty that there whas a thought in the discord if he should do instead a lvl scaling so that MGs like Elfs not just orgasm from just looking at them or softly caressing.

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
Two very subtle but interesting changes:

-Recoil damage can now make you and enemies orgasm.

One longstanding thing in the game is if you don't attack you can cheese encounters to end battles in the manner (Stance) you want. Or maybe you just want to orgasm to help a certain population's reducing numbers or something. I dunno.

-The wait command now restores 5% of your energy.

This is a bit more ... ehh. I mean there aren't any (are there?) regenerative perks/items that regenative stuff over time, so it seems odd waiting would instantly replenish that much mana. There are the action where you get mana back using a Breast Caress and lower defense using a normal Caress, but you have to do a offensive action to get them.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes