ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Overall from my collected feedback here and other places it's pretty contrasting in people opinions on if the like it or dislike it.

I do think it's important to note that this update definitely shouldn't have taken this long. So I'm not exactly surprised if peoples expectations given the time game update took, weren't met, if anything it's kind of impossible to do so, as the longer the gap, the more people could think there will be. I tired to ensure the intentions and content of the update were as well telegraphed as I could.
But stuff unrelated to the game happened. A menagerie of stuff. So that entire timeline is not completely dedicated to the update, if it were, there'd be more stuff there. Well, actually I'd just make the release cycle shorter, cause this was awful, for everyone.
Also, the labyrinths core systems were certainly not the major time sink.

There are still things I would like to add to the Labyrinth post launch, just like I did with the temple and other locations that have been done prior.

So it is what it is, and I'll keep going forward and doing my besht.

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
I'm a little confused about where the exit even is on floor 4. Floor 3 part 2 was clever and sneaky, especially the key that doesn't appear until the lights are off.

On the whole a great and very technical update, hardly a surprise bugs are coming thick and fast, i'm expecting to see a good two or three more bug fixes before it's totally stable but i'd say it's mostly worth the wait.
The exit is in the north-east part, you have to go through two traps for it.

UrbanDrench

Dec 25, 2019
Does anyone here still have the old version? I didn't save in the spot on town so my save file is now stuck. Could someone drop it to me?

NVM I went and looked for it. MB for being lazy.

Last edited:

Gizmo777

Oct 6, 2021
Woah, it's alive!

Played through the Labyrinth on my existing file, will probably do a fresh run soon though since it's been a long time.

I think it should be directly stated that you can leave/reenter between floors without losing progress; it wasn't until I was about to enter the final floor I thought to check. By that point I decided to just finish it out in one go anyways since my build was pretty good for the challenge (a foreplay+crit build that could 1-2hko the hellhounds with decent rng), although I was still on my last legs by the finish. Beris on floor 3 was the biggest challenge, as she ramped up surprisingly fast and trying to run from her would result in her immediately reengaging me in combat, even if I managed to restrain her before running.

Are all witches into petplay, or is that just a coincidence? Both of them are really hot but unfortunately I'm not into that. Which is perfectly fine since I can just avoid or skip through their scenes, but I'd like to know if I should just expect to ignore any potential future witches as well.

Overall I'd say I'm pretty neutral on the update, setting aside how long it took. The Labyrinth is moderately fun but not something I'd really want to replay. I wish there was more content in the conversations after clearing the Labyrinth, and that we could directly rematch the hellhounds.

Edit: oh yeah, is it intended that you have free access to your inventory within the Labyrinth?

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
I highly recommend checking out the mod.

Not to blatantly impose my view, but this is the way MGD is at its best. In order of importance, still imho:
1) many simple and clean mobs (7 in total)
2) one clear (side-)boss with a few gimmicks of her own to set her apart
3) hidden content and variations for replayability
Specific to the mod:
4) synergies between monster girls for moar replayability

4) isn't quite there yet (except for the team player dragon) and there could be more to do with 3).
It could use some polish here and there, but more importantly this mod is certainly worth polishing.

Well, it's "just" a mod and side-story, so it lacks proper romance, integration, progression, etc. But it clearly exhibits the strengths of MGD's system (both combat and dungeon delving), and a satisfying way to make the most out of them, without complicating future implementations.

pinuz1

Feb 13, 2021
Really enjoyed the labyrinth, the new "gameplay" was fun, but sometimes looking for the keys was a bit annoying, anyway with my overleveled character I didn't really care cause I couldn't really lose.

New girls are amazing and Ushris is probably my favorite now, I really hope they now get some more content and allow me to bond with each one of the girls after you beat the labyrinth like in the forest dungeon.

For how long it took I would have liked more stuff, but let's hope future updates don't take as long.

As always enjoyed it a lot and looking forward to the next update. Please Ushris content. Please.

Reactions: BKvartS

Daddums

Oct 26, 2019
Yeah, i really disliked it, guess different people like different things. Tbh i like everything else in this game, but the lab... Jesus, hope i don't have to go back.
Or at the very least he does to it what he did for the temple or forest dungeon and let us just wander around or choose to run the gauntlet again. I haven't played yet, but it doesn't sound like you can just yet?

PimpPimpMan

Sep 4, 2017
Holy-Shit! I thought this was dead. I was paying on Patreon for a little before they stopped updating. Glad to see them updating again.

SaasMan

Apr 7, 2019
third labyrinth sucked a lot

hope there's a way to fight all four without having to do that thing again in the future

Reactions: Grora

lilpixxle

Nov 27, 2018
i am not able to continue the labyrinth,
i was defeated by the blue cerberus sister whilest doing the second part of the third sisters dungeon and do not have the option to travel to the third sisters dungeon again.
completing the second and first sisters again does not change anything.
save file attached below.

also the new content is awsome so far

Dec 6, 2019
Floor 4 needs to be nerfed a ton. Pretty much impossible unless you grind a ton. My favorite part about the floor is going to grab a key that leads to a dead end and then being hit with a status effect that does not allow me to run which then puts me in an unwinnable battle. What fun.

Reactions: TheFierceDeity

Hopeless DIO

Aug 14, 2017
The Labyrinth was a decent update, although the fog of war gimmick could be adjusted a bit so its a bit easier on the player. I'd also like to see an expansion on all of the hellhounds, but that won't be for a while.

Reactions: Tank Man

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
Floor 4 needs to be nerfed a ton. Pretty much impossible unless you grind a ton. My favorite part about the floor is going to grab a key that leads to a dead end and then being hit with a status effect that does not allow me to run which then puts me in an unwinnable battle. What fun.
I figure it'd be difficult for a character who's just leveled enough to make it through the caverns. And being overleveled is the way you'd brute force the Labyrinth. But there's for sure a methodology to approaching anything like this to get through as quickly as possible. Even if it's just memorizing things and mapping them out. (or waiting for someone else to do that and reffering to the map once it's made.) I will, however say it's a little off putting to have 1 (one) zone that relies this heavily on player skill. Whereas everything else was mostly character skill based.

dingledangle9

Apr 29, 2019
I guess I am the only one here, but how do you unlock the new place exactly? I haven't played this game in forever, i tried talking to as many people as I could remember but nothing is opening up the new place. I know I have beat the oni sisters though, not sure what the next step is.

4.60 star(s) 85 Votes