Desenra

Jun 23, 2020
Loving the update and all, but I cleared Floor 2, got my ass kicked on floor 3, now I cant fast travel back too it? Beating floor 2 again doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

uxuxux

Jan 10, 2018
Loving the update and all, but I cleared Floor 2, got my ass kicked on floor 3, now I cant fast travel back too it? Beating floor 2 again doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?
Probably a bug, there was a similar one fixed already but update is probably still ridden with such issues. While I still stand with the dev on understanding the burn-out issues and such, this is the kind of thing that would honestly benefit the dev too to release things more frequently even if they feel like the content not being finished. More people means more testing, more testing means more bugs to fix and that should be a good thing so releasing this earlier would have been a preferable choice imho.
There's probably a lot of fixes coming in the next days or weeks.

nightburn12

Jul 7, 2017
The new content is good however it is lacking for the wait time. I know that a long wait time doesn't mean a lot of content but even then. This felt more like a regular 2-3 month upload kind of deal rather than at least 6 months. There's a lot more room to expand on it personally. I had hoped it would at least be more fleshed out than what it is given that this was the sole focus for almost a year. Personally feel like more could be done just in the combat. I know we shouldn't focus on fighting them but that is where the bulk of the content is. And even then it is about extensive as other none main enemies. They have great characters but idk just felt like it was lacking the extra depth behind them overall.

It's four characters that have unique traits and aspects that had a long time to be worked on than most and have less than the imps content as I see it. They each have some cool combat scenes but it's just the one or two for each. Not counting Ushris since you don't "combat" her. Her stage was more frustrating because I couldn't even fight her if I wanted to whenever I ran into her to let out the stress of finding a key. It was more enjoyable to just spam run away because not like I have anything special to hope for when in combat. It just feels like it's a fight focused on just the loss scenes and loss scenes only. At least others that had similar cases you could charm or put to sleep. Beris had okay combat. Her second stage was cool af. However, the move spam was annoying. Pin fuck into the ground. Pin fuck into the ground.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the next update where they are fleshed out more and given more room to shine.

P.S
Also can we please get to actually use the oral combat skills? It is exceedingly rare that a character ever gets to use them.

Shades123

Oct 15, 2017
Question, is the Venefica fight unfinished? whenever i beat her the adventurer menu pops up and sends me back to town, beat her twice already and it's a no go

jojo1993

Apr 13, 2021
Third floor seems inaccessible after losing/leaving the labyrinth, beating the second floor again brings you back to the second floor (likely intended, just a shame that it isnt a workaround to the bug).

• Sad
Reactions: TirGerm

Schlong50

Dec 11, 2019
Question, is the Venefica fight unfinished? whenever i beat her the adventurer menu pops up and sends me back to town, beat her twice already and it's a no go
I fear that is it. They build a TON of stuff around her, but; whats IMO completely mind boggling because of that build up; no happy end sequence when you win a fight. Nothing. *won* poof, gone; like a random encounter enemy. I get that after a time the dev wanted to move on; but that was a downer. :confused:

• Sad
Reactions: lnppo

NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018
i am not able to continue the labyrinth,
i was defeated by the blue cerberus sister whilest doing the second part of the third sisters dungeon and do not have the option to travel to the third sisters dungeon again.
completing the second and first sisters again does not change anything.
save file attached below.

also the new content is awsome so far
I'm finding the added images to be a nice addition. Unfortunately, that floor 3 bug is annoying af.

IM CALLING THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!

Yel213

Jul 19, 2018
I guess I am the only one here, but how do you unlock the new place exactly? I haven't played this game in forever, i tried talking to as many people as I could remember but nothing is opening up the new place. I know I have beat the oni sisters though, not sure what the next step is.
I think going through the caverns unlocks the labyrinth

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
I've got no idea if this is the intention but if the system for the labyrinth is going be used for dungeons going forward I'd actually be okay with that but the number of traps and stuff like limiting vision need to be toned down a lot(I felt like I was playing an RPG with an extremely high random battle rate on the 4th floor) and making stuff like collecting keys made more "Zelda-like" in that you'd only use one key for one door. For example think of something like if the forest dungeon was set up this way and having a single key hidden somewhere that would allow you to enter Vili's room instead of the way it works now. And that's not to say that stuff like dark floors or areas need to be completely done away with either but make it more like a dungeon crawler where you map out the floor ingame as you explore it.

Kornuptiko

Jul 11, 2018
dunno if it has been mentioned before but in the new update when i enter an Adventure it first acts as if i started praying to the statue (if i stop praying the adv begins normally) 1651395712310.png

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
I fear that is it. They build a TON of stuff around her, but; whats IMO completely mind boggling because of that build up; no happy end sequence when you win a fight. Nothing. *won* poof, gone; like a random encounter enemy. I get that after a time the dev wanted to move on; but that was a downer. :confused:
Beated her right now. Everything is okay.

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
I've got no idea if this is the intention but if the system for the labyrinth is going be used for dungeons going forward I'd actually be okay with that but the number of traps and stuff like limiting vision need to be toned down a lot(I felt like I was playing an RPG with an extremely high random battle rate on the 4th floor) and making stuff like collecting keys made more "Zelda-like" in that you'd only use one key for one door. For example think of something like if the forest dungeon was set up this way and having a single key hidden somewhere that would allow you to enter Vili's room instead of the way it works now. And that's not to say that stuff like dark floors or areas need to be completely done away with either but make it more like a dungeon crawler where you map out the floor ingame as you explore it.
I think in general any future use that isn't explicitly a Labyrinth should be, well, not a labyrinth. Now, if this could be used, I wouldn't mind if we got some major tweaks to the system to make it more of a proper dungeon crawl. If traps were avoidable, by some combination of routes around or solutions prior to triggering them to bypass them. (You could compensate by not always showing the traps on map. Maybe have a running wis check that determines if a trap is revealed prior to the player encountering it.) Make most enemies hang out in their own rooms, with patrolling ones, and maybe, as a treat, the occasional one which will chase you if you run. You could, possibly, make a passable dungeon crawler out of it.

That said, the easier solution would still be to have dungeons be straight forward enough to navigate the old way, or completely abstract like the forest dungeon. In fact, a hypothetical grid based dungeon map would need to be really good to compensate for making seeking out specific encounters a hassle on future runs. At least by my reckoning, and what I value in the game most.

RuberFF

Sep 27, 2018
Out of curiosity but is there any mod that expands the interaction with the Batgirl in the cave? Like, take her with you, marry her etc...

Jul 29, 2018
Damn my build is literally too op as I literally bulldozed my way through the levels....ending the update really quickly....I like the system that Threshold is going for...but currently the interface is pretty clunky as I have to switch between mouse and keyboard very frequently...hope he refines it in time.

TirGerm

Apr 27, 2019
Third floor seems inaccessible after losing/leaving the labyrinth, beating the second floor again brings you back to the second floor (likely intended, just a shame that it isnt a workaround to the bug).
Yeah, I got my characters butt beaten on floor 3 due to missing keys, and judging by the other comments floor 4 is harder. But softlocking a save because of a bug is just bad. :(

Since the DEV does regularly check in here, I would hope at least the route to floor 3 gets fixed in the coming updates.

gen20

Jul 8, 2017
I think Label is nearly blind in the maze. If you stay still and she's 1 block away from you she tends to wander around nearby. Dunno how status effects might change this. I think that's why the traps make a clicking sound, they alert her to your location.

Reactions: Cross Zero
4.60 star(s) 85 Votes