JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Made the Review for this game too (including the Full Saves, and also Info on the game and even how to use the Console Renpy stuff). I actually enjoyed, and really keep on enjoying, this game! Also keeping up with the updates each time, both on the game and in the modding scenes (since I'm the type of guy to get all of the Mods possible). For those curious, the link is here, as before:

so question i want to start playing but i saw the list of mods and it's pretty huge.. which ones are the most necessary out of them all? or should i just get them all anyways?
I'll also throw my 69 Cents into the mix. I generally suggest, when starting a new game, to first play through it Vanilla, to make sure you know how the game is Mod-less, then go wild with the Mods (so long as there are no compatibility issues, but so far with the mods of this game, all seem to work together just fine, at least on my end). Like that, you can actually see the differences, sort-of know what new content to explore etc.
The downside to this approach is that some of the mods introduce more early-game areas, which you'll be more than strong for after finishing the Vanilla game. Still, it is your choice in the end how to play the game. Also keep in mind that the Modder's style will be a bit different at times from the main game (but still, pretty good from what I've played myself).

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
I downloaded about a dozen of these mods and tried installing them (using the directions on the website) one at a time. Are they very version-sensitive? The only one that sort of worked was the Eva one.
The ones not in the Broken category should all work on the current version of the game (v24.3a), unless there would be file conflicts between them, but having downloaded all of them myself, I can safely say they all currently work together, as well. Check which game version you're on (as with the newer version, some modding data had changed, and the mods updated for those changes, meaning that the current mods might not really work on some of the older versions of the game)

KSVreset

Feb 20, 2018
I downloaded about a dozen of these mods and tried installing them (using the directions on the website) one at a time. Are they very version-sensitive? The only one that sort of worked was the Eva one.
Your folder path probably looks like
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

when it should look like

Cutting out the redundant folder will fix it. This is the case for 99% of people who have this problem, which occurs when extracting the files. The Eva mod isn't affected because it doesn't nest the subfolders like almost every other mod does.

Reactions: HumanRug

hexkitty01

Jan 19, 2021

when it should look like

Cutting out the redundant folder will fix it. This is the case for 99% of people who have this problem, which occurs when extracting the files. The Eva mod isn't affected because it doesn't nest the subfolders like almost every other mod does.
I suspected that might be the problem but wanted feedback. Thank you! Glad I saved all those fine-sounding mods....

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Anyone willing to help me with the Embrace Mod? I know it's installed correctly, because I can encounter the lizard girl gladiators that it adds just fine, but the base of the mod is supposed to be more Shizu content, but I'm not seeing "Embrace" as an option when defeating her, and I tried multiple different contexts.

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Anyone willing to help me with the Embrace Mod? I know it's installed correctly, because I can encounter the lizard girl gladiators that it adds just fine, but the base of the mod is supposed to be more Shizu content, but I'm not seeing "Embrace" as an option when defeating her, and I tried multiple different contexts.
The Embrace Mod currently adds content to the "Ninja Rest Ambush" event. The one when you get a fake Rest spot, where you can rest, then wake up to being attacked, in this case, by Shizu (the ninja in this case). That's when you get your default options (to either Surrender or Fight), but with the mod, that's where you get the Embrace alternate option.

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
The Embrace Mod currently adds content to the "Ninja Rest Ambush" event. The one when you get a fake Rest spot, where you can rest, then wake up to being attacked, in this case, by Shizu (the ninja in this case). That's when you get your default options (to either Surrender or Fight), but with the mod, that's where you get the Embrace alternate option.
... I did the rest ambush event in just about every location though. ... I don't think I get a surrender or fight choice though? ... Fuck. I'm an idiot. I'm high enough level I basically don't bother ever resting these days, and doubly don't rest if I know Shizu is around, because my instincts say avoid the ambush. So I get the event, and then don't rest, so I'm not 'ambushed' and we skip all the choices and thus go straight to the fight. Okay, having someone else talk about it helped me work out my problem there I think. Thanks!

• Red Heart
Reactions: JakeMSG

Improdigal

Dec 27, 2018
I'm not very good with computers lol is there anything else that tells you how to add mods. I tried following the little note thing but i dont even have the "show package contents" option

Oct 12, 2020
I'm not very good with computers lol is there anything else that tells you how to add mods. I tried following the little note thing but i dont even have the "show package contents" option
When you download a mod, all you have to do is go to the game's folder>game>Mods throw the archive there and extract it.
To remove mods, just make sure to save your game in town, exit, delete the mod, and that's it. Screenshot 2022-11-22 165102.png Screenshot 2022-11-22 165133.png

hexkitty01

Jan 19, 2021

when it should look like

OK, your advice worked perfectly. Thanks to all of you that helped me, I'm kind of a noob with game mods.

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Is as the first commenter said, you extract the archive of each mod in the \game\Mods folder you have in the game folder. One thing to keep in mind, as another commenter pointed out recently here, is to make sure you don't leave the Mods in the Mod folder each inside 2 folders instead. When you open any Mod folder in the Mods folder, you should see more than 1 Folder, usually a few Folders&Files. If you see only on Folder, and that is also named like the Mod (and like the Folder it is in), you need to take its contents and drag them outside of it.
After the Mod is properly extracted, it shouldn't look like "\Mods\MYCOOLMOD\MYCOOLMOD\", it should be more like "\Mods\MYCOOLMOD\". Hope that made sense.

... I did the rest ambush event in just about every location though. ... I don't think I get a surrender or fight choice though? ... Fuck. I'm an idiot. I'm high enough level I basically don't bother ever resting these days, and doubly don't rest if I know Shizu is around, because my instincts say avoid the ambush. So I get the event, and then don't rest, so I'm not 'ambushed' and we skip all the choices and thus go straight to the fight. Okay, having someone else talk about it helped me work out my problem there I think. Thanks!
Ahhh no worries, I also breeze through quite often without Resting (bcs of the Time Unit progression, and me wanting to grind the Nights).
If it helps you though, the Rest spots appear after every 3 Encounters (be them Monster Encounters or Event Encounters) you go through in a Dungeon, right before the 4th Encounter (and they also don't themselves "count" as an Encounter). Knowing this, any Rest spot that appears at the wrong point (for example, after only 2 Encounters from the last Rest spot) is bound to be a fake one. This way, you also know exactly when to, you know.... Rest a bit, dream of Shizu maybe.... :)

So far I did not find a similar tell for the Mimic chest (to me, she looks just like the normal chest, and I've not yet found a pattern to how Chest spawn, although I also know they don't count as Encounters, and from my experimentation, Golden chests cannot be Mimics.)

Reactions: JungleNuts

Improdigal

Dec 27, 2018
When you download a mod, all you have to do is go to the game's folder>game>Mods throw the archive there and extract it.
To remove mods, just make sure to save your game in town, exit, delete the mod, and that's it. View attachment 2187854 View attachment 2187855
Wow that was very helpful
Is as the first commenter said, you extract the archive of each mod in the \game\Mods folder you have in the game folder. One thing to keep in mind, as another commenter pointed out recently here, is to make sure you don't leave the Mods in the Mod folder each inside 2 folders instead. When you open any Mod folder in the Mods folder, you should see more than 1 Folder, usually a few Folders&Files. If you see only on Folder, and that is also named like the Mod (and like the Folder it is in), you need to take its contents and drag them outside of it.
After the Mod is properly extracted, it shouldn't look like "\Mods\MYCOOLMOD\MYCOOLMOD\", it should be more like "\Mods\MYCOOLMOD\". Hope that made sense.

Ahhh no worries, I also breeze through quite often without Resting (bcs of the Time Unit progression, and me wanting to grind the Nights).
If it helps you though, the Rest spots appear after every 3 Encounters (be them Monster Encounters or Event Encounters) you go through in a Dungeon, right before the 4th Encounter (and they also don't themselves "count" as an Encounter). Knowing this, any Rest spot that appears at the wrong point (for example, after only 2 Encounters from the last Rest spot) is bound to be a fake one. This way, you also know exactly when to, you know.... Rest a bit, dream of Shizu maybe.... :)

So far I did not find a similar tell for the Mimic chest (to me, she looks just like the normal chest, and I've not yet found a pattern to how Chest spawn, although I also know they don't count as Encounters, and from my experimentation, Golden chests cannot be Mimics.)
Thank you both for being so detailed. It worked thanks to you both

• Red Heart
Reactions: JakeMSG

hexkitty01

Jan 19, 2021
Yup, even if you don't need to rest, do it anyway... the Embrace mod add-on for Shizu is absolutely worth it, it's almost like the start of a romance arc with her.

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Yup, even if you don't need to rest, do it anyway... the Embrace mod add-on for Shizu is absolutely worth it, it's almost like the start of a romance arc with her.
Indeed, I got it working and it's great! Both Shizu's and the gladiator lizard girl's events are great. I'm a fan of the maledom moments, so a mod adding more of them is wonderful. Hope it gets expanded further.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Indeed, I got it working and it's great! Both Shizu's and the gladiator lizard girl's events are great. I'm a fan of the maledom moments, so a mod adding more of them is wonderful. Hope it gets expanded further.
Gladiator lizard girl is great, so many different scenes for if you defeat her with various different moves. I quite like the ones if you finish her with one of the arouse spells.

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Gladiator lizard girl is great, so many different scenes for if you defeat her with various different moves. I quite like the ones if you finish her with one of the arouse spells.
Agreed, 8 different scenes you can get for defeating her is glorious. And every single one of them is hot in their own way. Fantastic writing.

naaahhhhhhhh

Jul 3, 2017
Shit, thanks so much man. I really like this mod and your writing. To ask though, so far the scenes where Mao tops the player are oral only, do you plan to add anal scenes later, or is that not in your comfort zone?

YamiAi

Sep 14, 2021
Shit, thanks so much man. I really like this mod and your writing. To ask though, so far the scenes where Mao tops the player are oral only, do you plan to add anal scenes later, or is that not in your comfort zone?
Hey, I'm happy to hear that.
Yes, most scenes are orally focused to begin with. Right now I'm writing the 'Visiting Mao' scene, which will progress the relationship to full sub for the player (depending on the player's choices, which will be very obvious). I didn't want to include anal too early so it feels more special when it becomes possible later. Also due to how I've written Mao's backstory I felt it made sense for her to be hesitant to go that far at first. It will probably be another month before the next release with most of that content though.
___
Now, just to ask a question about coding since I for some reason can't join the discord:
Is there a simple way to add a scene to a location menu without modifying the existing menu?
To clarify, in the Forest Dungeon you can choose to Visit Sofia, Vili, etc. If I want to add an extra option next to those it seems I have to copy the nexus menu into the mod folder and then add the extra option there. Is there no other way? Just thinking doing that won't be compatible if several mods do it with the same menu. Also would have to edit it every time the game gets updated with a change to it, which isn't great.

4.60 star(s) 85 Votes