JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Made the Review for this game too (including the Full Saves, and also Info on the game and even how to use the Console Renpy stuff). I actually enjoyed, and really keep on enjoying, this game! Also keeping up with the updates each time, both on the game and in the modding scenes (since I'm the type of guy to get all of the Mods possible). For those curious, the link is here, as before:
Just today, I made a quick utility, that I call ERDO (Enable Renpy Developer Tools), an easy way to automate the changing of the Renpy files to enable those options, that works universally for all Renpy games (that have the normal folder structure). I did add it to my previous Review&Files post on the game on the Blog, but here's the link directly to the Utility itself (with the same Password as my other files, "DRLF4":
I also added it to the General Tools on the Blog, and on the next posts on Renpy games, will link it in the blog post itself. A small thing, but very useful when used across a lot of Renpy games!

Now, just to ask a question about coding since I for some reason can't join the discord:
Is there a simple way to add a scene to a location menu without modifying the existing menu?
To clarify, in the Forest Dungeon you can choose to Visit Sofia, Vili, etc. If I want to add an extra option next to those it seems I have to copy the nexus menu into the mod folder and then add the extra option there. Is there no other way? Just thinking doing that won't be compatible if several mods do it with the same menu. Also would have to edit it every time the game gets updated with a change to it, which isn't great.
If it helps, I do have a shitton of mods, and have seen no current conflicts. I even found 2 mods that both add to the Inn Your Room menu (those being Oneiros and Sneaky Slime Sex). The menu looks like this:
1669714314305.png 1669714331904.png
Essentially, it splits between pages when needed, and I'd figure it could continue indefinitely potentially. The repeated "Sleep" options on the 2nd page were added in the Sneaky Slime Sex, I'd think it was by mistake.
On that note, both of these mods don't actually re-add the entire menu (well, the Sneaky Slime Sex tries re-adding some of the options, but regardless), they instead add the new Options as "Additions" Card Type. It shows the most elegant in the Oneiros mod, as I did browse the main Json for it, that adds the new Menu in the Your Room menu, and it does not contain the other option of the Vanilla Nexus Menu (such as Rest/Sleep/Stella Bag etc.). Looks a bit like this:
1669714647516.png
You might also wish to download Oneiros and examine how it handles their menu, maybe you can use similar method for smoothly adding the Mao menu. As for game updates.... So far, the game seems to have not modified modding format ever since that update way back, only adding new modding functions. Though that's subject to the author. So far, Thresh made the game as Mod-friendly as possible, so I'd doubt he plans modifying crucial mod functions that often in the future, so you should be covered for the time being, I'd think.
Sorry if I'm not able to provide more help than this, I've yet to get into the modding scene for this game myself (I do have some ideas tho....). Still, good luck to you with your own mod, I actually love the mod so far (since it does fit a fetish of mine, and futanari in general hasn't been that prevalent in this mods until you came along :)) ).

bogoss03

Dec 15, 2019
Just today, I made a quick utility, that I call ERDO (Enable Renpy Developer Tools), an easy way to automate the changing of the Renpy files to enable those options, that works universally for all Renpy games (that have the normal folder structure). I did add it to my previous Review&Files post on the game on the Blog, but here's the link directly to the Utility itself (with the same Password as my other files, "DRLF4": [The Utility ERDO]
I also added it to the General Tools on the Blog, and on the next posts on Renpy games, will link it in the blog post itself. A small thing, but very useful when used across a lot of Renpy games!

If it helps, I do have a shitton of mods, and have seen no current conflicts. I even found 2 mods that both add to the Inn Your Room menu (those being Oneiros and Sneaky Slime Sex). The menu looks like this:
View attachment 2201737 View attachment 2201738
Essentially, it splits between pages when needed, and I'd figure it could continue indefinitely potentially. The repeated "Sleep" options on the 2nd page were added in the Sneaky Slime Sex, I'd think it was by mistake.
On that note, both of these mods don't actually re-add the entire menu (well, the Sneaky Slime Sex tries re-adding some of the options, but regardless), they instead add the new Options as "Additions" Card Type.
Link for the Sneaky Slime Sex mod ? cant seem to find it on the wiki

Reactions: Egoryan

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Link for the Sneaky Slime Sex mod ? cant seem to find it on the wiki
I got it from the mods channel (called mod-posting, under the MGD Modding category) from the game's Discord, and was made by a user called "chaosforce". However, I searched back the message, and he seems to have taken the mod down from the link. I'm gonna put it here, if you still wish to check it out, but do be warned it's not a polished mod, it's just something small he made a while ago (in that channel, while you can also find updates to some of the bigger mods that are also on the wiki, there are also smaller, quick-mods, you can find).

Reactions: Egoryan

bogoss03

Dec 15, 2019
I got it from the mods channel (called mod-posting, under the MGD Modding category) from the game's Discord, and was made by a user called "chaosforce". However, I searched back the message, and he seems to have taken the mod down from the link. I'm gonna put it here, if you still wish to check it out, but do be warned it's not a polished mod, it's just something small he made a while ago (in that channel, while you can also find updates to some of the bigger mods that are also on the wiki, there are also smaller, quick-mods, you can find).
Thanks i didnt even notice all the modding channels my bad

Reactions: JakeMSG

YamiAi

Sep 14, 2021
If it helps, I do have a shitton of mods, and have seen no current conflicts.
That's good to know.
they instead add the new Options as "Additions" Card Type. It shows the most elegant in the Oneiros mod, as I did browse the main Json for it, that adds the new Menu in the Your Room menu, and it does not contain the other option of the Vanilla Nexus Menu (such as Rest/Sleep/Stella Bag etc.). Looks a bit like this:
I spent about an hour trying this out, doing the same kind of thing as in Oneiros, but when I tried to implement it I kept getting error messages.
"File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 512, in script
$ characterDataLocation = getFromName(EventDatabase[DataLocation].Speakers[targetChar].name, MonsterDatabase)
File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 512, in <module>
$ characterDataLocation = getFromName(EventDatabase[DataLocation].Speakers[targetChar].name, MonsterDatabase)
IndexError: list index out of range"
I tried a bunch of variations but to no avail. Man, it's so irritating when you know it should work but it doesn't. So I'll just use the clunky but actually functional version I described before.
so I'd doubt he plans modifying crucial mod functions that often in the future
I meant that with my weird version of implementing the menu addition, if Thresh changes the rest of the nexus menu stuff I would probably have to do so too, since my menu addition copies all of the normal menu, and adds the new menu option in that, instead of just adding the new menu like in Oneiros. Which I would prefer to do but can't get to work.

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
v24.4 is now out! Bringing Gold Mimic and Ceris sex as the main attractions! With a varied assortment of other stuff ranging from single scenes to fixes!
Aaaaand now I gotta update the Info I had on the game. Jk I'm not complaining, you're amazing for keeping up the work, also for still delivering on the promised time :))

I spent about an hour trying this out, doing the same kind of thing as in Oneiros, but when I tried to implement it I kept getting error messages.
"File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 512, in script
File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 512, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range"
I tried a bunch of variations but to no avail. Man, it's so irritating when you know it should work but it doesn't. So I'll just use the clunky but actually functional version I described before.
I did check for a more similar situation with what you wish to implement, since, upon further checking, the menus for the Dungeons are actually handled differently than the one in Oneiros (in Your Room). A mod that actually handles it right is Gorgon's Garden, which has, much like you'd wish, the Player first get through the relevant Event in the normal exploration of the Mountain (event called "Trail of Statues"), and then unlock the option, in the Mountain menu, to "Visit Euryale" (such options are called "Adventures"). Here's a pic to show this:
1669878027109.png
Maybe this can help you better (and have no more errors; I do apologize for initially suggesting the wrong approach though).

If you still have issues with this and wish for further help, I could post in the "modding-help" channel on the Discord on your behalf (since you did mention you cannot get into the server). Of course, you could also continue with the way you currently managed to implement the mod, though, as you said, there might be further issues down the road (and the above implementation used by Gorgon's Garden does look fairly simple and fast in its usage, although I've yet to make my own mod to fully certify that).

kongykong

Aug 7, 2018
Here be ver. 0.6 of thereabouts of the Omnibus mod. See attached zip.
(for 0.5, see https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-girl-dreams-v24-3a-alpha-threshold.6491/post-9050086)
As usual, once you've updated the mod folder with the content, stand in town square and overwrite your save and reload so you can get the content into the playthrough of your choice.

What's new?
- Added buncha foot stuff. Yeah, I guess I fell into a rabbit hole this time. Most of it is locked behind having progressed the relationship with Mao until you get the option to tell her how you feel about her (must first ask about her curse and choose 'cock curse'), and then choosing 'She's not that great,' which will lead to a combat scene that you have to win (if you lose Mao will be satisfied and there won't be punishment). Then the next time you return to her there will be punishment time, with feet of course, unless you successfully navigate around that with some dating sim skills or whatever.
- Also worked on the 'Visiting Mao' event but it's not going to be ready for a while.

I tested the new content to make sure there weren't any obvious bugs, so there shouldn't be any, but if you encounter some anyway please do tell me.
Is this not compatible with the new version? I don't seem to have the event option in the forest dungeon, I have the sigil too.

Doomeye

May 7, 2018
didn't even realize there were updates, but holy crap the remade mimic is stupidly hot! Fight is great too, love it!

Jul 20, 2017
Its got a password what is it?

YamiAi

Sep 14, 2021
A mod that actually handles it right is Gorgon's Garden, which has, much like you'd wish, the Player first get through the relevant Event in the normal exploration of the Mountain (event called "Trail of Statues"), and then unlock the option, in the Mountain menu, to "Visit Euryale"
Thanks for trying to help, but I don't think this is it either. The Visit Euryale event leads back to Trail of Statues. The only reason it exists, as it says, is to avoid having to fight through mimics or other events just to get to Trail of Statues.
Now, I still tried copying the way Visit Euryale does it but with my content, but I got an error message about the game not being able to find the name of the adventure or something. Yes, I did add the adventure name to the location file. just like the Gordon mod did it, but no bueno.
Well, whatever. I'll just stick to the way I've found that works.
Is this not compatible with the new version? I don't seem to have the event option in the forest dungeon, I have the sigil too.
I just tested it with ver. 24.4. It works fine.

4.60 star(s) 85 Votes