4.30 star(s) 15 Votes

Grizloy

May 3, 2019
Everyone should know they should leave locale in japanese by now.
As far as I understand, the problem with this game can be resolved by EXTRACTING the archive with japanese locale, right? Which isn't required for, like, 99% other japanese games (usually it's enough to just use AppLocale or NTLEA to start the game). That's why I'd say it'd be logical to add this solution to the head post (since it's a frequently asked technical question).
Also, "leaving locale as japanese" can potentially fuck up some programs, so it's not a perfect solution for everyone.

NyaaRrar

Jan 18, 2019
People, set your system's locale to Japanese, use 7-Zip, and never look back. You might get some Microsoft setups showing up in Japanese though that'll be a small downside compared to never having an issue with a Japanese game ever again.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
You know, usually, if a game has some common problem that occurs for many people, it makes a good sense to add the solution for that problem to the head post...

"You know, usually, if a game has a common problem that occurs for many people it makes good sense to use the search function in the thread in the upper right corner when you're on the thread to find keywords, or you could try to do some research and look in the thread too."

Fixed it for you.

Last edited:

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
People, set your system's locale to Japanese, use 7-Zip, and never look back. You might get some Microsoft setups showing up in Japanese though that'll be a small downside compared to never having an issue with a Japanese game ever again.
You could also get locale emulator: (download links are in the article)

TLDR is you right click games and go to the locale emulator part after setting it up, and hit run in japanese, you don't have to set up your system as japanese at all, only time I had to do that before finding out how to extract japanese stuff with bandizip, was when I needed to extract. (and guess how I figured that out, RESEARCH aka looking solutions up in search engines, and forum posts)

Also in the tutorial section there's a whole guide on this forum, and several others of how to run japanese games on windows:

[Tutorial] How To Run Japanese Games On Windows | F95zone Like, that took me 4 seconds of looking on the main page, I just went to the tools and tutorials section, I swear there's so many tools and resources for people to use nowadays and they don't attempt or think to look for them.

Last edited:

przemo10371

Modder
Feb 3, 2018
Well you dont really need to set sytem locale to Japanese to play MGE . Just unpack it with winrar using japanese coding. 1617545963713.png
I can play game no problem even without japanese localization or localization emulator
Proof
1617546051687.png

Saika Totsuka

Apr 12, 2019
Wait, there's a same title in Nhentai I think they're the same creator, it features well... the encyclopedia of the monster girls.

Vignum

Jul 6, 2017
Well, the Patreon is approaching 2k a month, that, plus KC being japanese:WeSmart: makes me think that maybe we will see a finished game someday :sneaky:

Reactions: TheMaster

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Did new item(recall first time) available in present demo ?
Yes, that item is available. Not sure what the trigger for making it appear at the tanuki shop is, but it should be right in front of her. You buy it via interacting with it and then purchasing it through the dialogue that comes up.

Reactions: nepheart_1

przemo10371

Modder
Feb 3, 2018
I've tried playing, but every time I start I get this message, and the game exits out. I have tried running both "Standard" and with a Japanese Locale Emulator. I downloaded & installed "RPG Tucool VX Ace RTP" and that changed nothing. I'm not sure what more to do. Please help!
View attachment 1127572
Tried this ?
Well you dont really need to set sytem locale to Japanese to play MGE . Just unpack it with winrar using japanese coding. View attachment 1123497
I can play game no problem even without japanese localization or localization emulator
Proof
View attachment 1123499

Reactions: Big_Daddy_H

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Yeah just saying you can create enjoyable games with rpgmaker. Just because it's easy to use the worst people use it so a lot of games get hate just because they are rpgmaker. Unless they have an allstar name like kenkou cross on the front cover and then everyone shuts the hell up. It aggravates me that a lot of actually decent games get the "But wai rpg makuurrr" treatment. When a lot of these devs have considered a lot of pros and cons of each particular engine, their skills, And their resources when selecting what to develop on. Even some of the games that lean pretty heavily on the RTP aren't bad at all ...

przemo10371

Modder
Feb 3, 2018
Yeah just saying you can create enjoyable games with rpgmaker. Just because it's easy to use the worst people use it so a lot of games get hate just because they are rpgmaker. Unless they have an allstar name like kenkou cross on the front cover and then everyone shuts the hell up. It aggravates me that a lot of actually decent games get the "But wai rpg makuurrr" treatment. When a lot of these devs have considered a lot of pros and cons of each particular engine, their skills, And their resources when selecting what to develop on. Even some of the games that lean pretty heavily on the RTP aren't bad at all ...
For me rpgmaker label makes me instantly want to at least check out game....

omgmagi

Feb 16, 2018
Well, the Patreon is approaching 2k a month, that, plus KC being japanese:WeSmart: makes me think that maybe we will see a finished game someday :sneaky:
I dunno... Japan's standard of living is pretty high (cost of living is basically the same as North America). If KC is only pulling in 2k USD a month, he would need to work another job or have a side project to stay afloat (especially if he lives in the bigger cities). He needs a lot more than that to focus solely on this game

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes