4.30 star(s) 15 Votes

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
I look forward to any update because I have rarely seen a game that managed to get the balance between sex scenes and normal and where there is even the perfect balance between pictures and word descriptions

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
this needs to be tagged as abandonned. That was ages ago
The game isn't abandoned. He posts development diaries on his patreon (although they're patreon only), but still, they're enough to let us know he's still working on the game. Last one was on 3/30/21 which really isn't that long in game development terms, especially when its most likely just him working on it.

Spetzghast

Dec 17, 2017
To my knowledge it is just Kenko working on it (not including the english translation work) and I believe Kenko has an actual full time job. So no, it's not a dead project.

I also don't know if this will be a scenario where we get the 1 demo and that's it until release. Which might be a while if he intends to do 30-40 girls.

• Sad
Reactions: Big_Daddy_H

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
i think there 3 types of devs
1.the scammer who promotes his "early access" and tries to get as many milk cows as possible:rolleyes:
2.the silent dev who works quietly until it's complete or gives up...
3.is a mix of the 2 others very passionate about his project and constantly makes progress
(but can give up or becomes lazy or a scammer if he loses his passion):cautious:

kenko is the 2. or 3. type (i think):unsure:

Last edited:

Kaftein

Nov 22, 2019
I also don't know if this will be a scenario where we get the 1 demo and that's it until release. Which might be a while if he intends to do 30-40 girls.
AFAIK most Japanese games follow this model. Tends to be less predatory than the Western Patreon scams that pop up *cough cough* breeding season *cough cough*.

Reactions: decker2

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
AFAIK most Japanese games follow this model. Tends to be less predatory than the Western Patreon scams that pop up
i trust a jap dev to complete his game over a western dev anytime:cool:
but it bothers me that they make patreon accounts now, free money corrupts...

Last edited:
Reactions: Back
Dec 3, 2017
but it bothers me that they make patreon accounts now, free money corrupts...

On the flip side, that free money may also be the only reason a project like this gets started in the first place. Not too many people are willing to just go out on a limb and sink a bunch of time and effort into a project with no guaranteed payoff. Ideally, having a steady stream of income during production helps to at ensure the creator can, y'know, create without having to worry about keeping themselves afloat with a/multiple jobs (that takes away time from development).

Though you certainly aren't wrong about there being a lot of scummy Paetreon scheme's that just up and vanish. The bad reputation certainly didn't come from nowhere.

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
On the flip side, that free money may also be the only reason a project like this gets started in the first place.
Not too many people are willing to just go out on a limb and sink a bunch of time and effort into a project with no guaranteed payoff.
to flip on your flip side:sneaky:
small japanese devs usually finish and sell their games in less then 1 or 3 years(y)
it's the lack of money that makes them work faster in the first place:cool:
free money takes away that pressure and can make them lazy or worse...

i mean just look what all that free tax money has done to our governments:p

Last edited:

purplepower

Feb 9, 2018

New update on ci-en, Basically he wants to wait until the full game is finished is released but will release part 1, 2, 3 etc of the game for followers as in your gonna want to wait a while for the next playable version(later this year). Also he wants to introduce as many girls as possible but didn't specify exactly how many.

On a personal opinion this game seems really ambitious and I think a smaller more self contained story in the MGE world would of been better rather than something so large and risking burning out. MGQ Paradox is the only other similar game I can think of and the reason for that being so long and epic is more that the art side isn't handled by the creator himself rather he has many different artists for his game. MGE only has KC doing the art and the game, so I want to believe but I don't wanna get my hopes up.

Reactions: Back and Spetzghast
Dec 3, 2017
to flip on your flip side:sneaky:
small japanese devs usually finish and sell their games in less then 1 or 3 years(y)
it's the lack of money that makes them work faster in the first place:cool:
free money takes away that pressure and can make them lazy or worse...

i mean just look what all that free tax money has done to our governments:p

I wonder if this is because those Japanese games are created with the intention of being sold via sites like DLsite, while a lot of Western Patreon-funded works are made with the intention of being free upon completion?

New update on ci-en, Basically he wants to wait until the full game is finished is released but will release part 1, 2, 3 etc of the game for followers as in your gonna want to wait a while for the next playable version(later this year). Also he wants to introduce as many girls as possible but didn't specify exactly how many.
Thanks for the update! Was there any info on the English version being released simultaneously with those updates or anything like that?

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
while a lot of Western Patreon-funded works are made with the intention of being free upon completion?
of curse, so many patreon games get done and don't stay v0.x forever:ROFLMAO:
and i say their first intention is to get free money:sneaky:
putting updates behind a paywall is also not part of free development:rolleyes:
that's just selling a demo or "early access":cautious:

there are very few patreon devs on this site who don't just want free money, such as:
ThresholdMGD-sensei https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-girl-dreams-alpha-v23-7a-threshold.6491/

Last edited:
Reactions: Big_Daddy_H

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
of curse, so many patreon games get done and don't stay v0.x forever:ROFLMAO:
and i say their first intention is to get free money:sneaky:
also updates behind paywalls is not part of free development:rolleyes:
that's just selling a demo or "early access":cautious:

there are very few patreon devs on this site who don't just want free money, such as:
ThresholdMGD-sensei https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-girl-dreams-alpha-v23-7a-threshold.6491/
Or Corrupted Kingdoms, where you get everything paying user get of ingame content well just 3 days later each week.

But back MGE, is any veteran being able to explain why the Catgirl is talking about Toms and Mollies? Is this some kind of cultural reference lost in translation or is this mentioned somewhere before. Because I am somewhat confused why she is referring her as a Molly and me as a Tom.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes